(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 242.
#8801 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Hey man...gotta be cheap with prices of NIB (and second-hand pins!) nowadays. I heard there's a focused pin-gadget that aggregates all pins into one unit for a single sub. Can't remember the item as its been a while and also I'm drunk.

Pinsmx combines 4 pins to one sub simultaneously.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-headphone-kits/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

#8802 1 year ago

I tried both on my TMNT Pro:

1. Speaker wires direct from cabinet speaker to sub
2. PinSound adapter from SPIKE board (RCA's to sub)

Neither gave me any real bass out of the sub, I had to crank up the sub gain to get anything out of it and even then it was pretty underwhelming. Not an issue with the sub as I tried another source and it shook the room. Weird. Seemed to me the sound mix didn't have any real bass to it

#8803 1 year ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

I tried both on my TMNT Pro:
1. Speaker wires direct from cabinet speaker to sub
2. PinSound adapter from SPIKE board (RCA's to sub)
Neither gave me any real bass out of the sub, I had to crank up the sub gain to get anything out of it and even then it was pretty underwhelming. Not an issue with the sub as I tried another source and it shook the room. Weird. Seemed to me the sound mix didn't have any real bass to it

What's your cabinet volume set at? And I think there's a cross freq also?

Sub sounds great on my TMNT.

#8804 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

What's your cabinet volume set at? And I think there's a cross freq also?
Sub sounds great on my TMNT.

I had a play with the settings and it didn't make much difference from memory. I would have to check what they are set to now.

If you had time to share your settings, it would be much appreciated

#8805 1 year ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

I had a play with the settings and it didn't make much difference from memory. I would have to check what they are set to now.

Cabinet Gain: +6dB
Cab Freq: Disabled

More than enough bass.

Hold your hand on the woofer grill...does it sound like the woofer is vibrating?

#8806 1 year ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Yep there must be something amiss with your settings. Just the dang intro music shakes the house with my 10+ year old active JBL cheapo sub. Only using homemade alligator clips from cab sub out the back mesh to the sub inputs with tinned ends. The only cab that doesn't (to me) work great with a sub seems to be Mandalorian. it does work, but it's not great.

#8807 1 year ago

Here are my settings for the Polk PSW10 with TMNT. Sounds awesome! That April hurry up and similar music tracks really pump.

318FCC5F-EA73-4F81-A48E-9A685BCC5380 (resized).jpeg318FCC5F-EA73-4F81-A48E-9A685BCC5380 (resized).jpeg
#8808 1 year ago

Just picked up a Stern Insider kit for my TMNT pro and was wondering if Stern (or anyone else) has begun selling the apron stickers, as I'd rather buy a second set then remove them from the original apron and possibly mess them up.

#8809 1 year ago
Quoted from CookyJar:

Just picked up a Stern Insider kit for my TMNT pro and was wondering if Stern (or anyone else) has begun selling the apron stickers, as I'd rather buy a second set then remove them from the original apron and possibly mess them up.

They come off a lot easier than you might think, they’re really thick

#8810 1 year ago
Quoted from CookyJar:

Quoted from NoSkills:

They come off a lot easier than you might think, they’re really thick

im not ready with my luck i will rip that sucker in 3

#8811 1 year ago

What are some settings people are using to ease the difficulty of this game?

#8812 1 year ago
Quoted from drinklime:

im not ready with my luck i will rip that sucker in 3

That’s what I thought too, but they aren’t really stickers, more like plastic with adhesive on it. I don’t think you can actually rip thrm easily.

#8813 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

Switch battle again with flipper and lair ball save

#8814 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

Same as what Thomas said with the being able to manually switch the battle again with the flipper and adding time to the lair ball save timer.

I've also changed settings so instead of getting a free game at a certain score, you get a free ball.

But with some of my friends and family coming over I've switched it from 3 ball games to 5. And they have really enjoyed that. Since this game can be pretty brutal sometimes. (if you don't care about messing with the high scores)

#8815 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

Someone posted this earlier in the thread. This is simply the best mod for the left outlane drains. I just checked my audits. 18 Left drains, 23 right drains, and 143 center drains since I rebuilt my machine (I tear everything down and build to like new when I buy used, ocd). I’ve posted an image and link to what I used. It works really well. Otherwise, agree with others on battle again lane switch.

07024C7A-5BF0-4738-B29A-CD9E2FC74B55 (resized).jpeg07024C7A-5BF0-4738-B29A-CD9E2FC74B55 (resized).jpegFA5B9AB2-FCAF-4A97-8AAE-CE3F494333E1 (resized).jpegFA5B9AB2-FCAF-4A97-8AAE-CE3F494333E1 (resized).jpeg
#8816 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

I actually turned my flipper power down a bit from stock and that helps. Also make sure you aren’t getting any air balls off the pizza spinner on your way into the pizza parlor shot. That shot is harder than it looks and air balls make it even more frustrating.

#8817 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

I'll admit it. I've set episode difficulty to easy (and it's still a coin toss if I beat an episode).

#8818 1 year ago

I was playing my pro on 1.51 yesterday and the game completely crashed. I was having a very full featured first ball (had done two episodes and two multiballs) and then the music stopped, then the lights went out a bit after that, and the lcd screen just hung. Restarting it have not had issues since, very much seemed like a software crash. Anyone else encounter this? This had never happened to me on 1.50.

#8819 1 year ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

I was playing my pro on 1.51 yesterday and the game completely crashed. I was having a very full featured first ball (had done two episodes and two multiballs) and then the music stopped, then the lights went out a bit after that, and the lcd screen just hung. Restarting it have not had issues since, very much seemed like a software crash. Anyone else encounter this? This had never happened to me on 1.50.

There is known crash happeing sometimes when you are in Turtle Power Multiball.

But in normal gameplay it's not common.
How did you upgrade to 1.51? with usb and Full install?
or did you do sd-card change?

sometimes when upgrading it happens that the system is not as stable as before. A clean install with a sd-card change most of the time fixes this issues.

#8820 1 year ago

I just did team up and had rescue any perk. Is it normal that rescuing one takes you straight to pizza party and completes mode?

#8821 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I just did team up and had rescue any perk. Is it normal that rescuing one takes you straight to pizza party and completes mode?

I’m kinda wondering this too. I teamed up with neutrinos and got to pizza party after one rescue. All happened too fast and I don’t remember what episodes I completed beforehand.

#8822 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I don't know if it's intended but yes its normal. It's not really 'rescue any' as in still rescue all 3 in any order, it's just rescue 1

#8823 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I don't know if it's intended but yes its normal. It's not really 'rescue any' as in still rescue all 3 in any order, it's just rescue 1

I thought it used to be rescue all 3 in any order. Way too easy now. I never completed the mode before.

#8824 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I thought it used to be rescue all 3 in any order. Way too easy now. I never completed the mode before.

Not sure how it worked in previous code sorry

#8825 1 year ago

Hi everyone. Recently I noticed my glider stuck to the right and pulsates, trying to go further. It's not hung up on anything and free to move. After manually centering or moving all the way to the left, it immediately pulls to the right. I know others had the stock servo die, so I went ahead and swapped it out with the one from Amazon. Still, no avail, it keeps pulling to the right? Any suggestions?

#8826 1 year ago
Quoted from j69:

That was my thought. When it happened to me I had 4 balls flying around the playfield triggering multiple coils at the same time

it could be a coincidence, but one of my changes to the settings was to turn down the GI LED brightness to 75% , (i think it mainly dims those 2 white training spotlights flashing in your eyes) but i havent had any lockups in MONTHS

#8827 1 year ago

DWIGHT, if you are reading this. Please program a selectable last ronin mini mode!

#8828 1 year ago

My auto plunge is very weak. Doesn’t make it around the ramp sometimes which really messes up the van feed. Any general trouble shooting? I tried messing with the launch strength and will check the coil sleeves.

#8829 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

My auto plunge is very weak. Doesn’t make it around the ramp sometimes which really messes up the van feed. Any general trouble shooting? I tried messing with the launch strength and will check the coil sleeves.

This is almost always magnetized balls -- even if they're not obviously sticking to each other. It happened this way for me. Switched to new balls and auto-plunge is solid as a rock. Hopefully that's your easy fix and not something mechanical.

#8830 1 year ago

So I’m back in the club. Plan was to upgrade to the LE as I love the art and the theme so much. The back glass art could be my fav of stern’s all time.

Anything I miss in the code or great mods during the past year or so? Like major improvements? I remember the scoring for winning modes being a little wonky - would be nice if that was more balanced.

#8831 1 year ago

Agreed on the backglass. I'm even having a hard time thinking of a runner up. ...maybe godzilla, gotg?.

So I'm late to the party but it looks like a new tmnt movie is slated for Aug 2023. I'm really hoping this could mean stern wants the code clean (and maybe a bit more sexy) by then for another run. Considering that releases have slowed down because of so many existing stern games in demand hopefully it gives time to some programmers to clean up this code.

My wish list:
1. Make the scoring more exciting: I love that this game isn't all 'point salad' like so many others, but when I do have a good ball I want to look up at the score and go 'Holy $#×!', which doesn't happen now . I'm convinced Dwight could find a way but I know it can be tricky to stay ballenced. Ideas: A: training is tough but even though only lit shots progress, they themselves are worth next to nothing on their own. Increase points at least a little bit. Or make the perks a bit higher. As of now you'd be a bit nuts to go for this for a tournament strategy. Too far on the risky side over reward for even an above average player on a tough shooting game. B: increase episode shot points: make extra shots (before you cash out) extra valuable. Maybe even a partial multiplier, or just extra time, then make the extra time a bonus on the episode. C: just double all the points? I know it's not quite this simple due to math (easy for it go out of ballance) but right now 40-60mil is a great game. It just seems like even if it was around 100mil, it's a more satisfying benchmark.
2. Make the pro's action button used more than once a game: even when playing mikey I only get to the pizza eating contest once on even a great game. I'm resigned to having the button almost useless on the pro but at least have the option more than once a game. And on default you can seemingly only get an eb like every 30 times IF i even get to PEC. Ideas for fixing/sexy-ing up: A: add pizza slices to pop bumper mysteries. B: each time you hit a pizza target you have a (very) short time hit the button to eat a secret second one. C: ballance the target pizza slices to new rules. Maybe eb on second target amount reached(?) Reduce points off of PEC: 4mil is a lot already. Maybe just by like 25% if there is possibility of getting 2 a game.
3. Add a settings option to reduce the Nuetrito MB back down to 2 trainings completed. For the love of pinball Dwight, I'm begging you please have mercy on us who aren't sold on buying the qr code readers. (I know, I know, your getting presure from head office, ...maybe you could hide it then in the setting and just 'leak' the Konami code) .
4. Make the animation a bit more exciting. I'm not a hater here. Overall I like it, but only if there was someone who did all the work already to say, one major character that would make the animation that much better. (I know, I know, licensing issues, ... egos of existing staff...) Fact is, someone made a homebrew better version.
5. Fix the bugs. ...please, please, please. Especially the tpmb, that thing is embarrassing.
...just a thought.

#8832 1 year ago

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere… is Irma actually in the game? She’s on the playfield….

#8833 1 year ago
Quoted from drinklime:

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere… is Irma actually in the game? She’s on the playfield….

Oh, Irma, haha, no, I was scandell's April mod.

#8834 1 year ago

Had my 3rd TPMB crash in a month. Crazy that this hasn't been fixed yet!

I'm going to update to the new code with a new SD card and see if it makes any difference. It's spoiling the game atm. I'm just waiting for it to happen every time I get a multiball

#8835 1 year ago
Quoted from j69:

Had my 3rd TPMB crash in a month. Crazy that this hasn't been fixed yet!
I'm going to update to the new code with a new SD card and see if it makes any difference. It's spoiling the game atm. I'm just waiting for it to happen every time I get a multiball

I couldn't handle it either. I went back to the older code. I hope Stern fixes this soon.

#8836 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I couldn't handle it either. I went back to the older code. I hope Stern fixes this soon.

Hasn't this bug been in the code for a while? How far did you go back?

#8837 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Knock on wood, I never had an issue on 1.5

#8838 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/82#post-5893542

i think it is around at least from 1.2x version.
for me it's like i don't reach turtle power multiball that often the crash even more seldom. Sometimes rewriting the SD-card seemed to reduce it.
i don't think the version in itself does differ, i would guess it's more the playstyle that is chaning with other code and that makes the difference.
That's the fun thing with TMNT for me, sometimes i hunt more for score, sometimes i just hunt for episodes to progress.

#8839 1 year ago

For what it’s worth, I haven’t seen the TP multiball bug in months on my machine or have had it happen playing at our local location. Not saying it shouldn’t be fixed, just noting that in case anyone is on the fence on buying one because of it.

#8840 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Not saying it shouldn’t be fixed, just noting that in case anyone is on the fence on buying one because of it.

Exactly. I've had my TMNT since launch and only encountered the TP multi ball crash once.

#8841 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Exactly. I've had my TMNT since launch and only encountered the TP multi ball crash once.

Same - 1x here as well in almost a year. Was quite startling when it finally happened though lol.

#8842 1 year ago

I've had it since a couple months after launch and have been on every version of the code.

Have not had the crash once.

#8843 1 year ago

I don’t know what Stern is planning for IC, but I believe it would be a great idea to include the capability of sending event logs and/or crash data over wifi when we experience these issues.

May help with replication steps and allow other meta information (like pcb hardware info) to be collated into finding trends leading to solutions

#8844 1 year ago
Quoted from Dustwel:

Same - 1x here as well in almost a year. Was quite startling when it finally happened though lol.

Bizarre. I've probably had it 3 times in 3 weeks and I haven't even played the game that often.

#8845 1 year ago
Quoted from j69:

Bizarre. I've probably had it 3 times in 3 weeks and I haven't even played the game that often.

When I had a Pro, it happened a few times. Stern send me a new SD card and it never happened again. Someone else in the thread had a new CPU sent. Stern told me that would be the next step.

I really liked the pin. It was fun as heck. Traded to get a Jurassic Park Premium and regretted it almost immediately. That slot is now Mando LE, which is as good at TMNT IMO. Wish I had a spot to get Turtles back.

#8846 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

When I had a Pro, it happened a few times. Stern send me a new SD card and it never happened again. Someone else in the thread had a new CPU sent. Stern told me that would be the next step.
I really liked the pin. It was fun as heck. Traded to get a Jurassic Park Premium and regretted it almost immediately. That slot is now Mando LE, which is as good at TMNT IMO. Wish I had a spot to get Turtles back.

Yeah traded my JP prem for a tmnt le. Much funny than JP imo.

#8847 1 year ago

I know this may sound silly but my GF and I were looking at the layout for Twister and there sure are some striking similarities. Also, I sure do miss Bill Paxton.

762c4b02239891b920f5c3d26a32f25dd9ea36ed (resized).jpg762c4b02239891b920f5c3d26a32f25dd9ea36ed (resized).jpg
#8848 1 year ago

Had my premium from second run and have never had a MB crash

#8849 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I know this may sound silly but my GF and I were looking at the layout for Twister and there sure are some striking similarities. Also, I sure do miss Bill Paxton.
[quoted image]

its not silly at all, not only because you're right, but mostly because this is the John Borg style without a doubt (here with only 2 flippers)

#8850 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

[quoted image]

The disc, the right ramp and orbit for sure. The disc might be higher on tmnt and ramp lower. Definite similarities though. I'm not a fan of twister but the mb start is fun. Having the balls drop from the trail/guide (sky?) is a bit cooler than tmnts flipper ski too disc.

No thoughts on my rule tweaks anyone? Is everyone else happy with the code so far?

After a day of tmnt borg-ing me I've been trying to figure out another way to make the game a bit more friendly. ...out of the box that is, so no homebrew mods or tweeks because most operators won't do that. ... anyways, the only thing I can think, software wise to cut down on the frustrating left outlane drains is to have the April ball saves accumulative. So each extra ball save you get from April targets or mystery pops would be kept in memory. This could accumulate so that both lanes could be lit at the same time (especially if the slings change lanes) or if Dwight makes the flipper lane change default and just keep one side lit but kept lit if one is on que.
...just (another) thought.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/177 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.