(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,062 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 minutes ago by cabal
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 242.
#8751 2 years ago

Thought more about the Turtles linear discussion and TMNT is more progressive than linear. Linear means you have to do mode A, to get to B, to get to C, etc. Progressive means you can do mode A, B, C in any order you want to get to the next level of challenges. Most modern pinball is progressive, achieve these goals in any order to progress to the next group of challenges. TMNT is a fun progressive story being told, with side challenges that are part of the story. That keeps it from being a grind and allows the machine to have a different feel every time its played. Training is the only linear part of TMNT, as training 1,2,3,4 has to be completed always in that order.

#8752 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Had this same problem. Replace stock balls with non magnetizing carbon balls.

Found the issue the up post is not centered in hole, causing it to bind and stay down intermittently.

16509224040335550251313738346749 (resized).jpg16509224040335550251313738346749 (resized).jpg
#8753 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Found the issue the up post is not centered in hole, causing it to bind and stay down intermittently.
[quoted image]

Mine did the same thing. Just manually bent it back to center and all was good.

#8754 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Mine did the same thing. Just manually bent it back to center and all was good.

Bracket looked fine to me, had a factory looking bend down by the coil. I think it was installed slightly off center. I opened up the 3 holes in bracket where it screws to playfield.

#8755 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agree with this review Panzer and like how you are giving us a different perspective. You might add this to your review. I think it unfortunate that this game is not rated in the top 10. Dwight feels bad that it isn’t also, as he has put a ton into the code. I remember him asking us in this thread why its not rated in the top 10, but its not this club, its the detractors that have unfairly rated TMNT, as it does have a great deal going in the game. Art package is the best in all of Pinball and layout is going to be looked upon as legendary in the future imo. Don’t think it is as linear as some think it is, but wish Xaqery Dwight would put in a flipper picking option for choosing modes. Think that would add a great deal more fun for less talented players to freely choose which mode they play and in what order. Hitting the 2 targets on the left ramp to change are dangerous shots SDTM.

Oh man, imagine having it so you could pick the mode\character! That and having the scoring more like all the other pins (higher scoring etc) and not feel like you are beating the crap out of the machine for not much, if it had those two things this pin would be in the top ten.....easy!

#8756 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

¡Oh, hombre, imagina tenerlo para que puedas elegir el modo/personaje! Eso y tener la puntuación más parecida a todos los otros pines (puntuación más alta, etc.) y no sentir que le estás dando una paliza a la máquina por no mucho, si tuviera esas dos cosas, este pin estaría entre los diez primeros... ..¡fácil!

+1000

#8757 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Oh man, imagine having it so you could pick the mode\character! That and having the scoring more like all the other pins (higher scoring etc) and not feel like you are beating the crap out of the machine for not much, if it had those two things this pin would be in the top ten.....easy!

I like this a lot too. Something like Avengers where you choose a battle, instead selecting an episode would be so nice. Would add more strategy as well on how you order the episodes. I’ll never try using the targets to select - too risky.

#8758 1 year ago

Yeah that episode selection was added, but I can’t imagine anyone trying to use those on purpose.

#8759 1 year ago

Hi everyone. I'm having a new issue where the ramp lock on my Pro TMNT isn't working. I noticed it when I hit Raphael's Weapon Skill Shot and it no longer stops on the ramp. I did a coil test and its not moving during the test. I tried to search the thread but I'm not seeing much. Hashman did you ever find a fix? I've never reached out to Stern for anything...1st pin and all. Is it a fairly easy process if I need a new coil or part replacement?

Thanks guys.

#8760 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Hi everyone. I'm having a new issue where the ramp lock on my Pro TMNT isn't working. I noticed it when I hit Raphael's Weapon Skill Shot and it no longer stops on the ramp. I did a coil test and its not moving during the test. I tried to search the thread but I'm not seeing much. Hashman did you ever find a fix? I've never reached out to Stern for anything...1st pin and all. Is it a fairly easy process if I need a new coil or part replacement?
Thanks guys.

You did the first thing I would do, test it in coil test. I would call stern support and start the conversation. It may end up needing a new part but they’re gonna want to document your troubleshooting as well if they’re going to send you something (like a coil or node board).

#8761 1 year ago

I would like to see the ability to change your turtle between balls in a future update. Could be a real game changer for strategy and for varieties sake. Especially with the IC held training feature.

#8762 1 year ago

As hard as it is to repeatedly hit the center loop, I wish you were rewarded more.

#8763 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I wish you were rewarded more.

I think that's the story of the game, in a lot of cases.

#8764 1 year ago

so after a long time it hit me again with turtle power multiball restart.
Just a good multiball going for a long time then the screen froze first then the reset started.

all was happening while i was recording, so i hope i can see at what point exactly it did happen.

#8765 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

My pro has crashed 15-20 times during and/or around TPMB. I don't know what sets it off, but it's not always the same thing for me. Sent Stern an email to their bug report address long ago.
Edit: I will say that for a while it seemed like if a ball got in the Lair at the wrong time during TPMB and hit the Lair switch, it might've triggered the crash, but I'm not 100% sure.

Are they any closer to solving this issue. I took delivery of a TMNT pro this week, '87 code 1.50. Played the game about 10 times and already had a crash on TPMB!

#8766 1 year ago
Quoted from j69:

Are they any closer to solving this issue. I took delivery of a TMNT pro this week, '87 code 1.50. Played the game about 10 times and already had a crash on TPMB!

I don't think so. The odd thing about my experience with my TMNT Pro is that when I got it, I was very frustrated with these crashes (as you can tell by the post you copied), but over time, the crashes happened less frequently. They hardly ever happen now, unless I do an update, then it seems like they happen more, then they start happening less frequently again. I don't know why this is, and maybe it's only on my machine.

I would think operators would be hating having these same crashes on locations, as paying customers must be losing games and requesting refunds or free plays to make up for money lost on crashed games. I'd like to know if operators are experiencing these crashes. They must be.

#8767 1 year ago

I have had the game crash on me but I’ve never had a single complaint of a reset on location oddly enough. And I will also agree that it seems to happen more frequently after an update out when I switch between cartoon code and stock but then happen less frequently over time

Quoted from Rum-Z:

I don't think so. The odd thing about my experience with my TMNT Pro is that when I got it, I was very frustrated with these crashes (as you can tell by the post you copied), but over time, the crashes happened less frequently. They hardly ever happen now, unless I do an update, then it seems like they happen more, then they start happening less frequently again. I don't know why this is, and maybe it's only on my machine.
I would think operators would be hating having these same crashes on locations, as paying customers must be losing games and requesting refunds or free plays to make up for money lost on crashed games. I'd like to know if operators are experiencing these crashes. They must be.

#8768 1 year ago
Quoted from j69:

crashes happen more often with new images, at least onece, after that it get's more seldom. With a new image it's quite probable to get a clitch in the first 10-20 Games, after this had restarts only in about 100 games, maybe even less

#8769 1 year ago

A few weeks back I posted about my Premium not starting a game (post #8670). I made another SD card with the current code on it. That seemed to fix the problem. However, it happened again the other day. The biggest clue that it's not going to start, is that when I turn the game on, Ill hear the music as if I'm adjusting the volume. I have the Stern volume/headphones controls on the coin door. If I simply restart the game it does the same thing. I started to think about this and I opened the coin door and unplugged the volume controls from my add on. Restart the game, problem solved. I then plug the volume controls back in and it all works. It's so random when this happens, but at least I now know how to fix it. I wonder if this is a code issue. I dont think its a cable issue as it does work. Anyone else have the Stern volume/headphone controls on the coin door experiencing a weird issue?

#8770 1 year ago
Quoted from j69:

have you tried '87 version 1.51. It should be out.
it will not solve the problem but makes everybody more compareable.

here is the video when my machine went dead:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Zh4whOuNzJOFnPLj0hcj5hKGxMC2g7s/view?usp=sharing

#8771 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

have you tried '87 version 1.51. It should be out.
it will not solve the problem but makes everybody more compareable.
here is the video when my machine went dead:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Zh4whOuNzJOFnPLj0hcj5hKGxMC2g7s/view?usp=sharing

For those of you who want to see it, I would forward to the 53:50 mark.

#8772 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

thank you very much, did edit and upload the video in a rush, i thought i did cut it down to the relevant part. But it's the whole video
big thanks for posting the mark.

#8773 1 year ago
Quoted from drinklime:

I haven't had the game lock up in months. There doesn't seem to be any pattern. Has anyone considered the idea that it might be a hardware or voltage problem from the power supply when all the lights start firing off when the mode starts ?

That was my thought. When it happened to me I had 4 balls flying around the playfield triggering multiple coils at the same time

#8774 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

here is the summary of the Video, timing refers to Multiball start 00:00:

Turtle: Raphael
No mode started
5 Balls Game
5 Episodes completed (Welcome to concrete Jungle, Pizza-o-Meter, Night of the Mousers, See you on the other Side, Window Shopping)
Pizza Multiball completed

Shoot Again
Turtle Power (0:00)
April Hurry up start video (0:35)
Weapon is now lit (1:01)
Sai Hurry-up shoot right orbit (1:05)
Turtle Power Award add-a-ball (1:16)
April Hurry Up (1:19)
Turtle Power shot (1:28)
Screen freeze (1:31)
lights out (1:36)

There has and is always trouble with april hurry up. Sometimes i do not get sound with "cat stuck in the Tree" in general a lot of the callouts seem to be cut off at certain times. So it might be some missmatching beween video audio files. With the limited hardware it could also be a memory performance problems.
I hope they will find sometimes the error. Errors that do not reoccur that often are hard to debug.
Maybe stern needs to send out images for testers that will keep the logfiles to be analysed.

#8775 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

A few weeks back I posted about my Premium not starting a game (post #8670). I made another SD card with the current code on it. That seemed to fix the problem. However, it happened again the other day. The biggest clue that it's not going to start, is that when I turn the game on, Ill hear the music as if I'm adjusting the volume. I have the Stern volume/headphones controls on the coin door. If I simply restart the game it does the same thing. I started to think about this and I opened the coin door and unplugged the volume controls from my add on. Restart the game, problem solved. I then plug the volume controls back in and it all works. It's so random when this happens, but at least I now know how to fix it. I wonder if this is a code issue. I dont think its a cable issue as it does work. Anyone else have the Stern volume/headphone controls on the coin door experiencing a weird issue?

I have pinball life headphone controls and no issues on current code or any code for that matter.

#8776 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I have pinball life headphone controls and no issues on current code or any code for that matter

Mine is the Stern brand I bought through Pinball life. Thanks for the reply, good to know.

#8777 1 year ago

I swear every time I play this game I want Pizza

#8778 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I don’t play and still want pizza.

#8779 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

"When I get a free game, I always munch on some pizza!"

#8780 1 year ago

Just had the TPMB crash. Not in a mode, 4 balls in play, 2 cradled on left flipper, 1 free balling and the fourth had just collected an April hurry up. I think I saw someone else say it happened on an April hurry up too so maybe that’s something in common. Sigh, always on a good game!

#8781 1 year ago

You all can wear that TPMB crash as a badge of honor. I'm sure the reason that I haven't seen that crash more than once is because I'm just not very good. Unless I play as Donatello, I maybe see TPMB in like 1 in 20 games.

#8782 1 year ago

Second game in a row that I've had TPMB. Second game in a row it's crashed!

#8783 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I don’t play and still want pizza.

#8784 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

"When I get a free game, I always munch on some pizza!"

I love free games and pizza, but “always” munching on pizza after a free game seems pretty excessive haha.

#8785 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I love free games and pizza, but “always” munching on pizza after a free game seems pretty excessive haha.

Take it up with Michelangelo.

#8786 1 year ago

Just installed 1.51. Impossible play is a fun challenge for me, since I'm a player that traps up a lot to set up shots. I'm surprised there is no new high score specific to impossible play.

Also, still bummed out about NPP update with 1.51. Really seems like it's a detriment having insider connected with respect to NPP. Versus with 1.5 it was a benefit to IC owners.

#8787 1 year ago

Im surprised there isn’t a high score table for impossible mode either since mando has it.

#8788 1 year ago

Has anyone hooked up an external powered sub to their TMNT via the bottom of the cab sub (piggybacking the sub terminals - parallel)? Mine makes a static noise on startup that goes away and then again even if the machine is turned off. This is the first machine that I’ve had this issue with. Same setup on others and same tie in. Any help is appreciated.

#8789 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Has anyone hooked up an external powered sub to their TMNT via the bottom of the cab sub (piggybacking the sub terminals - parallel)? Mine makes a static noise on startup that goes away and then again even if the machine is turned off. This is the first machine that I’ve had this issue with. Same setup on others and same tie in. Any help is appreciated.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

#8790 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I have done this to mine. I use the Kicker RCA outputs from the cabinet speaker to an external sub. No Issue. No static.

#8791 1 year ago

I know it's been discussed before but I'm not sure how to search the thread for it. A buddy of mine has a Premium machine that is starting to have difficulties on the auto-plunge. I checked the coil bracket and every thing seems to be adjusted properly and moving freely, the metal striker piece was making pretty good contact with the ball but I adjusted that as well to make more consistent contact but no change. He also has the Sword shooter rod and I notice that while it does still make it all the way up the ramp, it's pretty close to not making it quite often. Is there something about that steep shooter lane ramp that causes problems and, if so, what's the fix?

Also, there is a setting to "Disable Van" but that doesn't appear to do anything. Has anyone used that before? I thought the idea was that you could set "Disable Van" to yes, remove the 2 extra balls (for a total of 6) and then it would act like the Pro but it didn't seem to make any change.

#8792 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I know it's been discussed before but I'm not sure how to search the thread for it. A buddy of mine has a Premium machine that is starting to have difficulties on the auto-plunge. I checked the coil bracket and every thing seems to be adjusted properly and moving freely, the metal striker piece was making pretty good contact with the ball but I adjusted that as well to make more consistent contact but no change. He also has the Sword shooter rod and I notice that while it does still make it all the way up the ramp, it's pretty close to not making it quite often. Is there something about that steep shooter lane ramp that causes problems and, if so, what's the fix?
Also, there is a setting to "Disable Van" but that doesn't appear to do anything. Has anyone used that before? I thought the idea was that you could set "Disable Van" to yes, remove the 2 extra balls (for a total of 6) and then it would act like the Pro but it didn't seem to make any change.

Auto plunge issues for me were a side effect of magnetized balls. Get new balls and I bet it clears up that issue.

#8793 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

He also has the Sword shooter rod and I notice that while it does still make it all the way up the ramp, it's pretty close to not making it quite often. Is there something about that steep shooter lane ramp that causes problems and, if so, what's the fix?

I have the sword shooter rod as well and once I changed out the spring to a red one, I have had no issues making the ramp everytime.

#8794 1 year ago

Got to final battle today what a trip! And I wasn’t too far off cowabunga. I think I was the two multiball jackpots off. Such a fun game

#8795 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Use a low-level adapter between the cabinet woofer and the external amplified subwoofer. A low-level adapter converts the balanced output of the Stern woofer amplifier to what they call single-ended (the sub woofer amp's input). The level is also lowered to the proper level for the sub's input. Most low-level adapters (if they use what they call a BALUN i.e. an isolation transformer) also eliminates ground-loop issues.

That may not eliminate your problem, but it's the proper way to hook up an external sub.

Pinnovators makes a nice adapter, don't want to dismiss his contribution to the hobby. So check out his products too.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8798 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I have this kit on my tmnt with this sub and it's great https://amzn.to/3w9E4aJ
I also have the same combo on my Metallica.

Look on FB mktplace or CL or OU and don't pay more than 60$ and you end up with this. They are CHEAP secondhand.

66812788851__5B7D9A20-FB69-4D82-A660-73C42084F388 (resized).JPG66812788851__5B7D9A20-FB69-4D82-A660-73C42084F388 (resized).JPG
#8799 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Look on FB mktplace or CL or OU and don't pay more than 60$ and you end up with this. They are CHEAP secondhand.[quoted image]

Being cheap, I just bought a mixer for the row of 6 pins, then drive two subs via the mixer.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8800 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Being cheap, I just bought a mixer for the row of 6 pins, then drive two subs via the mixer.[quoted image]

Hey man...gotta be cheap with prices of NIB (and second-hand pins!) nowadays. I heard there's a focused pin-gadget that aggregates all pins into one unit for a single sub. Can't remember the item as its been a while and also I'm drunk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/176?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.