(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 242.
#8701 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Also this game is severely underrated. The end.

For reeeeeaaaal. Absolutely criminal it's in the 40s or whatever on the top 100. I am guessing people don't like tough shooters but when you're on with this game it's so satisfying.

#8702 2 years ago

Games that are infuriating and impossible to master are the best games…. Unless you suck in an absolutely hopeless way. When people say that they hate TMNT I know what they are really saying. They are admitting they suck haha.

Quoted from onemilemore:

For reeeeeaaaal. Absolutely criminal it's in the 40s or whatever on the top 100. I am guessing people don't like tough shooters but when you're on with this game it's so satisfying.

#8703 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Games that are infuriating and impossible to master are the best games…. Unless you suck in an absolutely hopeless way. When people say that they hate TMNT I know what they are really saying. They are admitting they suck haha

The layout of the game really isn't the reason the game isn't highly rated though, I'd argue that it is really due to the code. The Modes and Multiballs are well done, the placement of Team Up and the way it re-enables MBs is nice (though TUMB needs some serious polish to make it more rewarding imo) and Final Battle as a tough but attainable Wizard Mode are all good. But that really only constitutes one way to play the game and in comparison to some of the higher rated modern sterns, the game lacks nuance and depth.

#8704 2 years ago

Sure, it’s a bit linear but I don’t mind that with tough shooters. I really love this in my lineup of JP DP GZ STH AIQ GOTG Rush and Mando AND it out earns nearly everything at my location. Kids just throw money into this thing. Already has paid for itself. Just another reason to love it. Personally I play GZ JP and TMNT the most.

I can’t argue that the code still needs attention seeing as how I can in here completing about bugs. But overall super happy with this game.

Quoted from shaub:

The layout of the game really isn't the reason the game isn't highly rated though, I'd argue that it is really due to the code. The Modes and Multiballs are well done, the placement of Team Up and the way it re-enables MBs is nice (though TUMB needs some serious polish to make it more rewarding imo) and Final Battle as a tough but attainable Wizard Mode are all good. But that really only constitutes one way to play the game and in comparison to some of the higher rated modern sterns, the game lacks nuance and depth.

#8705 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…the Turtle Power multiball reset bug still exists in this new code iteration? Was having a hot game, got TP…game freezes and goes dead. They ever gonna find this bug or what?

Quoted from marioparty34:

It has happened to me 2x now. I am hoping they have a fix soon.

Hope you guys are reporting it. Only takes a few minutes and I think only constant nagging will get rid of this problem.

#8706 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Games that are infuriating and impossible to master are the best games…. Unless you suck in an absolutely hopeless way. When people say that they hate TMNT I know what they are really saying. They are admitting they suck haha.

Agreed! The tough ones don't seem to get much love when they are first released ...like bsd and shadow. This might just take time.

Quoted from shaub:

Good points. I think there's a couple of other factors why players are getting poor first impressions. One, this game is pretty finicky about setup. If an operator just sets it steep wanting to make it harder this game suffers more than others.
Secondly I think the game looks like it should be straight forward but is sneakily cleaver. Especially the right ramp to orbit is so quick that it takes get some getting use to. I think that it looks like other games but plays very different can frustrate some.
I wasn't a big fan the first few games I played myself before I owned one; even though I really wanted to like it too due to the theme. Luckily one fell in my lap and after a few dozen games I've learned to love it. Definitely an acquired taste for the veteran pinhead.

#8707 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I did the switch test this morning and switch #30 (I believe that's the higher of the two switches in the lair) doesn't respond on my premium either. However, I did notice that when pressing down on switch #30 that the pop up peg activates. After seeing this I changed the balls to new Titan Super Shiny's, tested the putting 2 and 3 balls into the lair during Pizza multiball and they all released without issue. This makes me believe that issue is magnetized balls, why switch #30 doesn't respond yet still activated the pop up peg is a mystery (maybe it’s intended).
Titan Super Shiny's that I just switched to
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=70
Would Titan standard carbon steel balls be a better choice?
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=69

i think any carbon steel balls are good. they do not magnetize that easy. On my machine i think i had to replace the balls around 100-150 games.
In TMNT when more than 2 balls come together it's a high probabilty magnatized balls can be the course of trouble.
Like in Laire, Turtle van or when they are released for pizza multiball.

#8708 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

Hope you guys are reporting it. Only takes a few minutes and I think only constant nagging will get rid of this problem.

+1!

Please make sure to report any code issues / bugs to Stern so they can push fixes

#8709 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

Good points. I think there's a couple of other factors why players are getting poor first impressions. One, this game is pretty finicky about setup. If an operator just sets it steep wanting to make it harder this game suffers more than others.
Secondly I think the game looks like it should be straight forward but is sneakily cleaver. Especially the right ramp to orbit is so quick that it takes get some getting use to. I think that it looks like other games but plays very different can frustrate some.
I wasn't a big fan the first few games I played myself before I owned one; even though I really wanted to like it too due to the theme. Luckily one fell in my lap and after a few dozen games I've learned to love it. Definitely an acquired taste for the veteran pinhead.

I think you're right about the importance of setting this game up "properly" and that is probably true of any "tough shooter." It's too bad that the left outlane post isn't adjustable as well because that can work wonders for dialing in the difficulty of a game. There's definitely room for some code-related operator adjustments that could help with dialing down the difficulty too.

#8710 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sure, it’s a bit linear but I don’t mind that with tough shooters. I really love this in my lineup of JP DP GZ STH AIQ GOTG Rush and Mando AND it out earns nearly everything at my location. Kids just throw money into this thing. Already has paid for itself. Just another reason to love it. Personally I play GZ JP and TMNT the most.

I'm not saying that the game isn't good, I just think the linear nature and difficulty (layout and code) of it really contribute to why it isn't more popular than it is. And I can definitely see how it would be a great earner on location but I'm gonna credit the theme, artwork and sounds of it more than the gameplay itself.

#8711 2 years ago

I think TMNT is really starting to gain some traction as a great pin. It's now in the top 40 on here and considering how many great pins are in the top 50 that's pretty darn good, will only go up from here as more people play it on the most recent code.

The thing I love about Dwight coded games is that he codes moments and TMNT is filled with those. So many modern pins today are filled with rather dull points based modes with little mode choreography. Why? Personally I think it's because those types of modes take longer to code as well as some of today's newest coders being more focused on tournament play versus telling a story through code. The modes in TMNT are coded well in that they work the playfield in interesting ways, feature unique animations, lights shows, and tell a story.

Besides the main modes there's 16 training levels to go through across the 4 turtles, that's a fun hook that adds a good amount of depth. The progress overview screen with all of your goals towards the main wizard mode is also something we don't see very often. I once owned a JJP Pirates, that game has 125 main chapter modes yet I would take the 8 main modes in TMNT over those any day. The main modes in Pirates IMO are all generic and pretty much play the same whereas the 8 main modes in TMNT are unique with their own light shows, animations, sounds, etc. I tend to gravitate towards pins that tell a story through code, and give players a feeling of being on a quest. TMNT does both of those fairly well.

#8712 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Besides the main modes there's 16 training levels to go through across the 4 turtles, that's a fun hook that adds a good amount of depth.

To be fair, it's not really 16 training levels though, it's actually 3 training levels that are the same for each Turtle. That would be like saying there are a total of 32 different main modes because you can play all of them with each Turtle. With that being said, the Training does add a bit more depth which is why Im glad the latest code added them back in when persistent Turtle levels are enabled.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I once owned a JJP Pirates, that game has 125 main chapter modes yet I would take the 8 main modes in TMNT over those any day.

I agree, the modes are mostly well done and are themed great with the sounds and animations. I still wish that damn Spinner was actually utilized in 1 or 2 of them though.

#8713 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think TMNT is really starting to gain some traction as a great pin. It's now in the top 40 on here and considering how many great pins are in the top 50 that's pretty darn good, will only go up from here as more people play it on the most recent code.
The thing I love about Dwight coded games is that he codes moments and TMNT is filled with those. So many modern pins today are filled with rather dull points based modes with little mode choreography. Why? Personally I think it's because those types of modes take longer to code as well as some of today's newest coders being more focused on tournament play versus telling a story through code. The modes in TMNT are coded well in that they work the playfield in interesting ways, feature unique animations, lights shows, and tell a story.
Besides the main modes there's 16 training levels to go through across the 4 turtles, that's a fun hook that adds a good amount of depth. The progress overview screen with all of your goals towards the main wizard mode is also something we don't see very often. I once owned a JJP Pirates, that game has 125 main chapter modes yet I would take the 8 main modes in TMNT over those any day. The main modes in Pirates IMO are all generic and pretty much play the same whereas the 8 main modes in TMNT are unique with their own light shows, animations, sounds, etc. I tend to gravitate towards pins that tell a story through code, and give players a feeling of being on a quest. TMNT does both of those fairly well.

Agree with this review Panzer and like how you are giving us a different perspective. You might add this to your review. I think it unfortunate that this game is not rated in the top 10. Dwight feels bad that it isn’t also, as he has put a ton into the code. I remember him asking us in this thread why its not rated in the top 10, but its not this club, its the detractors that have unfairly rated TMNT, as it does have a great deal going in the game. Art package is the best in all of Pinball and layout is going to be looked upon as legendary in the future imo. Don’t think it is as linear as some think it is, but wish Xaqery Dwight would put in a flipper picking option for choosing modes. Think that would add a great deal more fun for less talented players to freely choose which mode they play and in what order. Hitting the 2 targets on the left ramp to change are dangerous shots SDTM.

#8714 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can for sure agree here on Dwight coding moments in the game I think the game is very well coated and the layout makes it a

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agree with this review Panzer and like how you are giving us a different perspective. You might add this to your review. I think it unfortunate that this game is not rated in the top 10. Dwight feels bad that it isn’t also, as he has put a ton into the code. I remember him asking us in this thread why its not rated in the top 10, but its not this club, its the detractors that have unfairly rated TMNT, as it does have a great deal going in the game. Art package is the best in all of Pinball and layout is going to be looked upon as legendary in the future imo. Don’t think it is as linear as some think it is, but wish Xaqery Dwight would put in a flipper picking option for choosing modes. Think that would add a great deal more fun for less talented players to freely choose which mode they play and in what order. Hitting the 2 targets on the left ramp to change are dangerous shots SDTM.

Being in the top 10 means absolutely nothing, everyone in this club knows that the game is good, it has a strong layout strong theme and strong code, we just need to get rid of this crashing glitch and maybe the premium guys can get some better glider pre-staging for Raphael skill shot. Maybe move the glider to grab the ball on the first ramp switches instead of the 2nd's?

#8715 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I think it unfortunate that this game is not rated in the top 10. Dwight feels bad that it isn’t also, as he has put a ton into the code. I remember him asking us in this thread why its not rated in the top 10, but its not this club, its the detractors that have unfairly rated TMNT, as it does have a great deal going in the game.

I wouldn't put this game in the top 10 but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. I also don't think that just because I don't think it's the greatest game ever that I am "unfairly" rating it. I have put a ridiculous number of plays on it, have thought way too long and hard about the game as a whole and have come about my opinion honestly. When it comes down to it, not every game can be in the "top 10" and really a game doesn't need that as validation to be good anyway.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Don’t think it is as linear as some think it is

I'm curious how you play the game. When I start the game I basically go straight for modes and MB and just keep going with it, get to TUMB in order to re-light my MBs. April Hurry Ups are nice for some points but the other Cowabunga criteria aren't really worth your time when it comes down to it so you're better off ignoring them. That's what makes it feel linear to me.

#8716 2 years ago

As much as I like this game it deserves to be low rated the Final Battle mode had that no audio glitch for a year and the TPMB crash has always been present. It really is a huge bummer when it happens.

#8717 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I wouldn't put this game in the top 10 but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. I also don't think that just because I don't think it's the greatest game ever that I am "unfairly" rating it. I have put a ridiculous number of plays on it, have thought way too long and hard about the game as a whole and have come about my opinion honestly. When it comes down to it, not every game can be in the "top 10" and really a game doesn't need that as validation to be good anyway.

I'm curious how you play the game. When I start the game I basically go straight for modes and MB and just keep going with it, get to TUMB in order to re-light my MBs. April Hurry Ups are nice for some points but the other Cowabunga criteria aren't really worth your time when it comes down to it so you're better off ignoring them. That's what makes it feel linear to me.

I play the same way, but will occasionally aim for training modes early. It's somewhat linear in that you have the modes > MBs > modes progression, but the modes rarely come in the same order so it at least changes things up a bit.

#8718 2 years ago

I don't have an insider connected kit on my turtles yet, I've been thinking about getting one but the changes in 1.51 to NPP put me off a bit. Can someone with IC on 1.51 code confirm that if you start with a saved level 4 turtle you have to complete 3, level 4 trainings to get NPP? Maybe I'm mis-understanding the update notes and you only have to do it once?

I can understand making it a bit more difficult to start than in 1.50 where it was qualified when you start a game if you had a saved level 4 turtle but having to do level 4, 3 times is just never going to happen for 99% of people. Hopefully I have either mis-understood or we can get a change to NPP being qualified after completing level 4 training even if your turtle was saved at level 4.

#8719 2 years ago

I am buying a gb premium in a few days for 12000 ,paid 8000 for my new gb le with ghosting but what ever.I believe turtles has the same future ,such a great game and prices are cheep as of today!

#8720 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I can understand making it a bit more difficult to start than in 1.50 where it was qualified when you start a game if you had a saved level 4 turtle but having to do level 4, 3 times is just never going to happen for 99% of people. Hopefully I have either mis-understood or we can get a change to NPP being qualified after completing level 4 training even if your turtle was saved at level 4.

In my understanding you have it right. In 1.51 code, if you have your Turtle saved at level 4 with IC, you have to complete level 4 training 3 times to see NPP. I thought having it available right at the start with 1.50 code was kind of a nice "gift" for all us guys that leveled up our Turtles to level 4, but that rug got pulled out from under me.

#8721 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

In my understanding you have it right. In 1.51 code, if you have your Turtle saved at level 4 with IC, you have to complete level 4 training 3 times to see NPP. I thought having it available right at the start with 1.50 code was kind of a nice "gift" for all us guys that levelled up our Turtles to level 4, but that rug got pulled out from under me.

Yeah, I hope it's either changed back to 1.50 or it's at least changed to complete level 4 training once to qualify it, even if you started at level 4. Otherwise it's actually a disincentive for IC as you have to pick between being able to start at level 4 or having the possibility of NPP

#8722 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Glitch city today. Had another Turtle Power multi glitch AND the game glitched out immediately when I lit Final Battle. Center of animation screen went dark. Ball stuck in van. Ball search twice, comes out second time. I hit right ramp. Ball caught in diverter. Two ball searches and it comes out. I hit left ramp for final battle and no video / audio but it tallies my scores for FB. I get my ball back and I am technically in mode. Fought through it till eventually the animations and sounds came back. Super weird. Also this game is severely underrated. The end.

This shouldn't happen, but there's some serious fatal bugs in TMNT code. I loved the game when I had it, but it's got code fatal flaws that no one wants to address.

#8723 2 years ago

Hopefully they fix the code, that’s the only thing stopping me from buying this pin.

#8724 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

...I agree, the modes are mostly well done and are themed great with the sounds and animations. I still wish that damn Spinner was actually utilized in 1 or 2 of them though.

Ugh, I hate the spinner. I like the layout, but the spinner has it in for me and tends to send the ball SDTM.

#8725 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Yeah, I hope it's either changed back to 1.50 or it's at least changed to complete level 4 training once to qualify it, even if you started at level 4. Otherwise it's actually a disincentive for IC as you have to pick between being able to start at level 4 or having the possibility of NPP

Yeah, this is one of those things where I was like “surely they didn’t make it HARDER for insider connected users who spent all that time leveling up their turtles?”

Is it possible to roll back the code to 1.5? I love all the new callouts, but compared to never playing neutrino pizza party ever again? I mean, I don’t know anyone who could nail training lvl 4, 3 times in a row. The only way I could even get to lvl 4 was with insider saving my progress.

#8726 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Yeah, this is one of those things where I was like “surely they didn’t make it HARDER for insider connected users who spent all that time leveling up their turtles?”
Is it possible to roll back the code to 1.5? I love all the new callouts, but compared to never playing neutrino pizza party ever again? I mean, I don’t know anyone who could nail training lvl 4, 3 times in a row. The only way I could even get to lvl 4 was with insider saving my progress.

You can burn a different sd card with 1.50 code, I'm thinking about doing that and then getting IC. It's just a shame to miss out on some of the other improvements in 1.51 so I'd prefer they did a 1.52 patch to just change the NPP qualification

#8727 2 years ago

I'm struggling with hitting the "center?" Donatello ramp on fast orbit shots but just put down a 97M point game. So happy I added this back to the game room.

Building up my training is my next mission.

I thoroughly enjoy this machine.

#8728 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'm struggling with hitting the "center?" Donatello ramp on fast orbit shots but just put down a 97M point game. So happy I added this back to the game room.
Building up my training is my next mission.
I thoroughly enjoy this machine.

I keep the upper flipper up while the ball is flying around the orbit and then just do a quick baby flip when it get close. I've been hitting the krang combos and center ramp like crazy with that technique! Took just a little practice with it and now it's like butter!

#8729 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

I keep the upper flipper up while the ball is flying around the orbit and then just do a quick baby flip when it get close. I've been hitting the krang combos and center ramp like crazy with that technique! Took just a little practice with it and now it's like butter!

Thank you I will try that out.

#8730 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Interesting view on the story telling vs tournament focus of code.
People don't seem to take everything into account when posting ratings. Although it may be the format of the review too. For instance if theme integration had it's own category, titles like Maiden would take quite a hit imo. Overall I'm fine with tmnt being in the top 50. I haven't checked reviews recently but haters seemed to be just 'tried to like it, couldn't get into it'--which is fair enough. There's so many titles and so many great games that developers can cater games for different tastes.
Also, I think I'd rather own a game I thought was underrated than owning a game everyone thought was overrated.

#8731 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Well you have listed the way many play the game, but suppose any mode based game is going to feel kind of linear. JP is mode based in a similar regard, as going from paddock to paddock is required each time to advance to the visitors center. However, if we play as different turtles each time, training for that particular turtle mixed in with episodes, pinball moments and meaningful MB experiences, it can feel less linear than just always going straight episode to episode. Cowabunga is quite difficult for most of us. Dwight might need to allow some other ways to spot the tougher Cowabunga achievements. In fact has anyone in this club achieved and beat it yet, with the glass on? Lol…

#8732 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Hopefully they fix the code, that’s the only thing stopping me from buying this pin.

What is wrong with the code?

I think it is sone of Deights best work. We love ours.

#8733 2 years ago

I am curious how you all blow this machine up, score-wise. I've gotten to 6 or 7 episodes (still can't make it to Final Battle in one standard game), with 3 or 4 MBs thrown in there, and I think my GC is around 88M right now...

#8734 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I totally agree the code is great. Yes this can be a tough pin but as u play n learn this game it becomes fantastic. The light show on this one is unreal as u progress n the speed of the game keeps u on your toes for sure. Mine is not going anywhere. Lol

#8735 2 years ago

I find it hard to get a good score going, . Like any pin I’m sure I will get better at it once I get it home and get a better grasp of the rules.

#8736 2 years ago

Finally I was able to play the pro today. Maybe I’m just use to my premium, but I feel the premium is much smoother and I love the features the premium has. Overall, very similar.

#8737 2 years ago

Personally I think the episodes aren't worth enough. Completion bonuses especially.

#8738 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I am curious how you all blow this machine up, score-wise. I've gotten to 6 or 7 episodes (still can't make it to Final Battle in one standard game), with 3 or 4 MBs thrown in there, and I think my GC is around 88M right now...

Here's my suggestion: It helps if you're using Insider Connected. If you are, level up Raphael to level 4 and lock him in to that level. You'll get permanent 2x episode scoring in every game. After that, if you see the 2x playfield scoring lit, hit it, and keep hitting it to keep it alive, especially during multiballs. Speaking of multiballs, for Ninja Pizza multiball, make sure you lock in the octopus as a topping, and up to 2 gummy bears, which will give you pizza frenzy scoring and a couple extra balls during multiball, then keep shooting the spinner and send balls to the pops. You build up points fast.

With the above strategy, I had a Raphael high score of 220 million for the longest time, until last week, when I was just gonna casually play a game, and unbelievably did all the objectives and got to Cowabunga. I finished with over 400 million and was stunned that I managed it. I never thought I'd see Cowabunga. I snapped a picture at the start of Cowabunga, where I was at 320 million, then came a lot of points during Cowabunga. Also, the farther you go into a game, the more Foot kills are worth. look at the pic below, every Foot kill is worth 682K, crazy.
20220415_200605 (resized).jpg20220415_200605 (resized).jpg

#8739 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Here's my suggestion: It helps if you're using Insider Connected. If you are, level up Raphael to level 4 and lock him in to that level. You'll get permanent 2x episode scoring in every game. After that, if you see the 2x playfield scoring lit, hit it, and keep hitting it to keep it alive, especially during multiballs. Speaking of multiballs, for Ninja Pizza multiball, make sure you lock in the octopus as a topping, and up to 2 gummy bears, which will give you pizza frenzy scoring and a couple extra balls during multiball, then keep shooting the spinner and send balls to the pops. You build up points fast.
With the above strategy, I had a Raphael high score of 220 million for the longest time, until last week, when I was just gonna casually play a game, and unbelievably did all the objectives and got to Cowabunga. I finished with over 400 million and was stunned that I managed it. I never thought I'd see Cowabunga. I snapped a picture at the start of Cowabunga, where I was at 320 million, then came a lot of points during Cowabunga. Also, the farther you go into a game, the more Foot kills are worth. look at the pic below, every Foot kill is worth 682K, crazy.
[quoted image]

That's called cheating sir..lol..

#8740 2 years ago

After 50 plays on my pro I'm finding that my pizza lock, is not registering and locking a ball, it's an open shot through the parlor about 70% of the time usually registers on 4th shot. What's odd is after the ball exits into the orbit I can hear what sounds like the up post cycling.

I saw the pinned key post about upper flipper coil with poor solder joints, anything else common before I dive in?

#8741 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

That's called cheating sir..lol..

#8742 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

After 50 plays on my pro I'm finding that my pizza lock, is not registering and locking a ball, it's an open shot through the parlor about 70% of the time usually registers on 4th shot. What's odd is after the ball exits into the orbit I can hear what sounds like the up post cycling.
I saw the pinned key post about upper flipper coil with poor solder joints, anything else common before I dive in?

Probably a flakey switch, go into switch test and bang on the playfield around that ball lock area.

#8743 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Ugh, I hate the spinner. I like the layout, but the spinner has it in for me and tends to send the ball SDTM.

Do you mean the pizza disc? It never sends the ball STDM on my Pro. Instead it actually saves the ball from doing just that.

#8744 2 years ago

Had a pro before and rejoined today with a premium. Ready for this game to kick the crap out of me.

DEA5A88E-F555-496D-8C8D-F77B18DC5A93 (resized).jpegDEA5A88E-F555-496D-8C8D-F77B18DC5A93 (resized).jpeg
#8745 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Had a pro before and rejoined today with a premium. Ready for this game to kick the crap out of me.[quoted image]

Nice! Please give us a report how you think they compare!

#8746 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Do you mean the pizza disc? It never sends the ball STDM on my Pro. Instead it actually saves the ball from doing just that.

Yeah, pizza disc. You're right - shouldn't have called it a spinner. It definitely adds a confusion factor.

#8747 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I'll second that. The pizza saves the ball more often than it throws it down the middle. But it still keeps me on my toes which I like.
I recently watched a release party video where Sullivan or one of the engineers was saying a lot of thought and time went into the programming of it. It really shows imo. It actually works so well that I think many people look past it as a huge plus on this game. And I don't think it's a stretch to say it's the best implementation of a spinning disk in any pinball game. It takes the best of effects of games like twister and lost in space and takes all the drawbacks aways from games like whirlwind (which really isn't much, but i had to name a game) and fireball.
The software and engineers really should get a big pat of the back for this one. I mean, how many toys in a game or so well implemented into the gameplay like this one.
My only want is to see the magnet used somewhere else in the code. Not sure how though, maybe just at the beginning of tumb or something: just have one ball come around to the magnetized pizza hold it for a second and release it (without spinning). ...I'm obviously hoping for a big update from Dwight at sometime in the future. The code is great but has the potential for so much more.

#8748 1 year ago

I'll second that. The pizza saves the ball more often than it throws it down the middle. But it still keeps me on my toes which I like.

I 3rd that! Is that a thing?

#8749 1 year ago

I'll see your '3rd that!' and add a 'here here!'.

#8750 1 year ago

Had this same problem. Replace stock balls with non magnetizing carbon balls.

Quoted from JonCBrand:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,500 (OBO)
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.