(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 240.
#8601 1 year ago
Quoted from maffewl:

If there isn’t one already, I’m sure that I can create something. I’ll wait to see if one is already out there as I don’t want to impede on someone else’s work.

i haven't seen a commercial version, but you will find in the thread some solutions how people have done it (me included).
There are some people i guess who would go for a commercial version waiting for something like this.

#8602 1 year ago
Quoted from acons017:

I haven't tried 1.51 yet. If the ball you lock then gets kicked out of the parlor, how do balls remain in the parlor to start NPMB? Typically the balls flood out of the Beebob lane while the top flipper is raised to allow all the balls to spin on the pizza. If the parlor keeps spitting out the balls at every lock, do we lose the pizza spin?

You still get the pizza spin, but only 1 ball will come out of the lair and do the spin. The rest will be launched from the shooter lane and won’t be a part of the pizza spin start.

#8603 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Does anyone do an airball protector for the right ramp? I seem to be getting quite a few airballs on the right ramp from the left flipper since installing the pinmonk fans. Already at 7 degrees. I could turn down the left flipper power but then I might not be able to backhand the left ramp. Thanks!

The right ramp entrance could also use a deflector at the front to avoid the ball hitting the sign. It's going to eventually break...

Rob

#8604 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

You still get the pizza spin, but only 1 ball will come out of the lair and do the spin. The rest will be launched from the shooter lane and won’t be a part of the pizza spin start.

This must be a setting for competitive play because I don't see another advantage.

Rob

#8605 1 year ago

I don't know if this is allowed but I went ahead and made a short "How to update your pin" video while updating my TMNT premium to 1.51 today. I hope its useful to some of the new turtles owners out there! My channel has a few other random pin related videos and some other stuff. I've got some new mods going into TMNT and Godzilla soon that will also have videos.

#8606 1 year ago

Using the Data East topper with the Neca box to decorate my machine.

5E9A06D4-BAD9-4D86-B3F1-0814C0A66395 (resized).jpeg5E9A06D4-BAD9-4D86-B3F1-0814C0A66395 (resized).jpeg
#8607 1 year ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I don't know if this is allowed but I went ahead and made a short "How to update your pin" video while updating my TMNT premium to 1.51 today. I hope its useful to some of the new turtles owners out there! My channel has a few other random pin related videos and some other stuff. I've got some new mods going into TMNT and Godzilla soon that will also have videos.

Hah! I got the same exact placement of my Pizza magnets.

#8608 1 year ago

Interesting. That's not the new default setting though is it? Would be a bummer if it is. I have a premium and it's cool seeing the 3 balls come out and spin around on the pizza spinner before the multiball starts.

#8609 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

i haven't seen a commercial version, but you will find in the thread some solutions how people have done it (me included).
There are some people i guess who would go for a commercial version waiting for something like this.

I just ordered a one from MEZEL mods for right ramp. If that is what everyone wants

#8610 1 year ago

Got to 2nd stage of shredder with about 90 mil. That felt good. I recently nerfed my outlanes a bit with some fatter posts and it definitely helped so I suppose I cheated

#8611 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I just ordered a one from MEZEL mods for right ramp. If that is what everyone wants

ah yes this one, i got this one too, helps for airballs in the curve and opto there.

i made another just at the beginning of the ramp, i got airballs there, tangling up in the turtle sign there.

#8612 1 year ago

Can you disable the pizza spinner in settings for normal game play and just use for the Multiball part? Maybe better to keep things from going sdtm.

#8613 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

ah yes this one, i got this one too, helps for airballs in the curve and opto there.
i made another just at the beginning of the ramp, i got airballs there, tangling up in the turtle sign there.

I’m working on one for the entry to the ramp. May be a bit as I’ve torn my machine down for cleaning and will need to test, but it is in progress.

#8614 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Got to 2nd stage of shredder with about 90 mil. That felt good. I recently nerfed my outlanes a bit with some fatter posts and it definitely helped so I suppose I cheated

What did you end up putting there? At this point I am ok with Cheating

#8615 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

What did you end up putting there? At this point I am ok with Cheating

Left side Siamese post with a 7/16" rubber
right side standard post with 1/1/4 rubber grabbing the two post above.

In my opinion it's not really the width of the outlanes it's just the way the game funnels the balls. So these two methods not only tighten the width but change the angle near the outlanes. Not for everyone I know. But imo on this game it's allowed because it's hard as fuck.

#8616 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Can you disable the pizza spinner in settings for normal game play and just use for the Multiball part? Maybe better to keep things from going sdtm.

Yep. You can have it full, multiball only, or none at all.

#8617 1 year ago

Finally to neutrino pizza party , very cool mode ! Too bad I'll never see it on 1.51 . This game really has great code , it's just so hard to see it all .

#8618 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Finally to neutrino pizza party , very cool mode ! Too bad I'll never see it on 1.51 . This game really has great code , it's just so hard to see it all .

It's what keeps me coming back.

#8619 1 year ago

I am not sure why people bag on the sounds and animations in this game I think they are excellent! I was thinking of trading my LE but now I am second guessing But I really do want the game I would trade for, guess I could get a pro in its place what I like most about this game is the theming and the rules. Only thing that annoys me is 1.2.3 foot, feels amazing when you nail it but I feel it just takes over to some degree as well.

#8620 1 year ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Hah! I got the same exact placement of my Pizza magnets.

Great minds think alike!!!

#8621 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

I am not sure why people bag on the sounds and animations in this game I think they are excellent! I was thinking of trading my LE but now I am second guessing But I really do want the game I would trade for, guess I could get a pro in its place what I like most about this game is the theming and the rules. Only thing that annoys me is 1.2.3 foot, feels amazing when you nail it but I feel it just takes over to some degree as well.

Personally I think April is the only weak point on the screen!

#8622 1 year ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I'd still bag'r.

#8623 1 year ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

There are a few weak points throughout the animations, they definitely could have spent a bit more time polishing some of the video to make an overall better and consistent quality, but April is the only glaring issue for me.

#8624 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

There are a few weak points throughout the animations, they definitely could have spent a bit more time polishing some of the video to make an overall better and consistent quality, but April is the only glaring issue for me.

Yeah that's fair , but I like the style and personally I think the voice acting is great overall. It's not perfect but these pins don't have the budget of a video game .

#8625 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yeah that's fair , but I like the style and personally I think the voice acting is great overall. It's not perfect but these pins don't have the budget of a video game .

I'm quite pleased with the overall sound package. The music, voice work and call outs are quite good.

#8626 1 year ago

This is disappointing to me. My favorite part of the pizza multiball is when the balls all spin around together on the pizza before they get released.

#8627 1 year ago
Quoted from Doozer:

This is disappointing to me. My favorite part of the pizza multiball is when the balls all spin around together on the pizza before they get released.

This is an option in the settings and not the default. You'll still get a physical lock in the pizza parlor if you don't adjust the setting. I assume it's for competition and helps to keep the games quick?

#8628 1 year ago

trying to put plastic protector on the slings is being more of a PITA than I was expecting! what is the trick to getting the post off the plastic under the washer??

20220405_133332 (resized).jpg20220405_133332 (resized).jpg
#8629 1 year ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

trying to put plastic protector on the slings is being more of a PITA than I was expecting! what is the trick to getting the post off the plastic under the washer??
[quoted image]

Looks like the post nut is too tight and is turning the post. You’ll need a 1/4” wrench to hold the post still while you loosen the nut. If you don’t have space for the wrench at the top, you can use vice grips on the post to hold it still. If you leave marks on the post itself, it won’t matter as the post goes in the plastic sleeve.

#8630 1 year ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

[quoted image]

Pick up one of these next time you order from Titan. It's perfect for this issue.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=152

#8631 1 year ago

recently purchased a used TMNT pin which had a home made topper, i already had the stern topper and don't need these, any interest in this, comes with the four turtles and led strip with power converter.

IMG_8974 (resized).JPGIMG_8974 (resized).JPGIMG_8975 (resized).JPGIMG_8975 (resized).JPG
#8632 1 year ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

recently purchased a used TMNT pin which had a home made topper, i already had the stern topper and don't need these, any interest in this, comes with the four turtles and led strip with power converter.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that’s cool. Shipping to Australia would be a killer and I don’t have the roof height

#8633 1 year ago

I got the TP MB reset for the first time for months. I feel like I had a good idea what the state was, so I sent it to the bug department.

This is what I sent:
"Game: tmnt pro
Ver: 1.51
Bug: game reset on turtle power mb

Game state:
Playing Leo
No level up advancements
2 or 3 episodes completed

Started episode Beabop and Rocksteady
Started TP MB.
Lost a few balls that came back from ball save.
Hit a couple jackpots, hit a couple right orbit shots (episode shots).
-Lost 1 ball (but I'm not sure what shots I may have hit if any at the same time or just after)
-1 ball in pizza parlor (this may have happened before or after the next step.)
-feature lights turn off (but flippers still working).
-shortly after lose flipper power.
-gi lights and Backbox lights go out
- lcd displays "Turtle Power 400,000" (the only thing on at this point)
-full reset after a few seconds."

Anyone who gets this bug keep reporting it to [email protected] , even if you don't remember the state perfectly. They got to fix this damn thing. As an owner it doesn't bother me but I'd hate to see this happen in a big tournament. It'll give the game a bad reputation.

#8634 1 year ago

If I had to venture a guess, I’d say the pizza parlor lock option is to deal with the “magnetized balls” problem. Especially on location.

#8635 1 year ago

Check out Jack's epic game of TMNT. Wish I could back hand my left ramp like that.

#8636 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I got the TP MB reset for the first time for months. I feel like I had a good idea what the state was, so I sent it to the bug department.
This is what I sent:
"Game: tmnt pro
Ver: 1.51
Bug: game reset on turtle power mb
Game state:
Playing Leo
No level up advancements
2 or 3 episodes completed
Started episode Beabop and Rocksteady
Started TP MB.
Lost a few balls that came back from ball save.
Hit a couple jackpots, hit a couple right orbit shots (episode shots).
-Lost 1 ball (but I'm not sure what shots I may have hit if any at the same time or just after)
-1 ball in pizza parlor (this may have happened before or after the next step.)
-feature lights turn off (but flippers still working).
-shortly after lose flipper power.
-gi lights and Backbox lights go out
- lcd displays "Turtle Power 400,000" (the only thing on at this point)
-full reset after a few seconds."
Anyone who gets this bug keep reporting it to [email protected] , even if you don't remember the state perfectly. They got to fix this damn thing. As an owner it doesn't bother me but I'd hate to see this happen in a big tournament. It'll give the game a bad reputation.

I also made some notes about the crash at one point.

Here's what was the same for me:
- Several episodes completed
- Had an episode running (but it was Robots) => Crash is not depending on specific episode
- Had "Turtle Power" as the last screen sign before reboot.
- I was down to two balls (had lost some)

System-J : Have you tried again with the glass off already? I will do so in the coming days. Maybe we find it

#8637 1 year ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

PM'ed you sir, I'm interested.

#8638 1 year ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I have all of these except the shredder. Highly recommend them They look great. And the style matches the game really well.

#8639 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I wouldn't let that put you off, I've only had it happen 3 times in about 1000 games, that's why it's so hard to pin down what's causing it.

I agree with NoSkills, I'm at ~1200 plays and I've never encountered the crash.

^Hey look what I wrote last week and didn't submit. Cool of pinside to keep this around for me. I had the TPMB crash for the first time. I was in Window Shopping, rolled over the right weapon in-lane, hit the left orbit which was green for TPMB, a mode shot, and Weapon hurry up. Game crashed, stuck on the Weapon hurry up collected screen until it rebooted.

Edit: I should add, I was Player 2 in a two player standard mode game.

#8640 1 year ago

have katana handle shooter knob if anybody is interested in buying. pm if interested

#8641 1 year ago

Turtle Power Multiball Question (not reset related!)
I’ve looked at a rule sheet for the multiball, but it didn’t have anything connected to what happened to me the other day. As the balls were plunged out, I got two up the center ramp where the diverted held them (I have a pro). I got another ball up the left ramp (so now three held) and at some point got an extra ball.
I tried desperately to get a fourth ball locked up there, but before I could the balls were released. I’m unsure if it timed out or one drained, but I don’t remember making another shot up the left ramp or center before draining out of the multiball.

Anyone know if this is intentional, or did I have some weird bug occur?

#8642 1 year ago

Sounds to me like you finished a mode that would hold a ball and you happened to get the other two up there while it was playing the closing animation. I get two up there from time to time as I stack a mode with multiball.

In other words, just a normal part of gameplay.

#8643 1 year ago

I haven't had the game lock up in months. There doesn't seem to be any pattern. Has anyone considered the idea that it might be a hardware or voltage problem from the power supply when all the lights start firing off when the mode starts ?

#8644 1 year ago
Quoted from azur3:

I also made some notes about the crash at one point.
Here's what was the same for me:
- Several episodes completed
- Had an episode running (but it was Robots) => Crash is not depending on specific episode
- Had "Turtle Power" as the last screen sign before reboot.
- I was down to two balls (had lost some)
System-J : Have you tried again with the glass off already? I will do so in the coming days. Maybe we find it

Good info. No, I haven't tried yet with the glass off. I bought a few mods a while back, I'll try that when I get time to install them.
It would also be a good opportunity to figure out what the damn marshmallows do too.

Quoted from drinklime:

I haven't had the game lock up in months. There doesn't seem to be any pattern. Has anyone considered the idea that it might be a hardware or voltage problem from the power supply when all the lights start firing off when the mode starts ?

Hmm, interesting. You'd need some pretty professional tools to rule that out. You would hope that stern would've done that but who knows.

#8645 1 year ago

Since updating the code I’ve had a few times when the flippers die for 1 second, nothing else seems affected, the game doesn’t crash like the TPMB bug and the flippers respond again after a second.

I’ve reseated the trough connectors in case it was coincidence that it started happening since the code update but that hasn’t helped.

Has anyone else had this? I still have a copy of the 1.50 code update on my pc, can I try updating backwards or would I need a whole image of 1.50 for that to work?

If it’s a coincidental timing with the code update and something else is causing it, what else should I try? Thanks

#8646 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Since updating the code I’ve had a few times when the flippers die for 1 second, nothing else seems affected, the game doesn’t crash like the TPMB bug and the flippers respond again after a second.
I’ve reseated the trough connectors in case it was coincidence that it started happening since the code update but that hasn’t helped.
Has anyone else had this? I still have a copy of the 1.50 code update on my pc, can I try updating backwards or would I need a whole image of 1.50 for that to work?
If it’s a coincidental timing with the code update and something else is causing it, what else should I try? Thanks

sounds strange. i would save my highscore on a usb stick and then try first new sd-card with a freshly installed 1.51 image.
Have you checked the mechanics and did a switch test with the flipper buttons? Coilstops?
i am not sure if you can use the update code to go back. The update code may not contain all files like a fresh sd-card does. If it is possible to go back via update code there may still be some 1.51 files left and it is not predictable what may happen.
If you need to go back i would recommend a 1.50 sd-card image. I have downgraded my machine some times. With a new sd-card image it will re-flash the nodeboards backwards and then load the code.
in whatever version i would change the sd-card, if you need an 1.50 please pm me.

#8647 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

sounds strange. i would save my highscore on a usb stick and then try first new sd-card with a freshly installed 1.51 image.
Have you checked the mechanics and did a switch test with the flipper buttons? Coilstops?
i am not sure if you can use the update code to go back. The update code may not contain all files like a fresh sd-card does. If it is possible to go back via update code there may still be some 1.51 files left and it is not predictable what may happen.
If you need to go back i would recommend a 1.50 sd-card image. I have downgraded my machine some times. With a new sd-card image it will re-flash the nodeboards backwards and then load the code.
in whatever version i would change the sd-card, if you need an 1.50 please pm me.

Thanks for the reply. Flippers react normally in switch test and coilstops look fine, they don't get stuck in an up position, they either won't flip or if they were up they drop. I'll order a card reader today as I don't have one atm and flash a new sd card as the first step. I checked the trough connectors but I'll check everything in the backbox too in case I jiggled something doing the update

#8648 1 year ago

I'm having a weird issue where the Pizza Parlor ball eject solenoid will fire while in attract mode. It'll do it like one time every few hours. Scares the hell out of me because the machine sits next to me while I write code for my job.

This morning, it fired in-game when there was no ball to eject. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to start diagnosing it? This is on a Premium.

#8649 1 year ago

If I had to guess it’d be the machine thinks there’s a ball in there. Meaning, the switch is probably false triggering once in a while and the game thinks it needs to clear the ball(even in attract mode).

#8650 1 year ago

If I had to guess it’d be the machine thinks there’s a ball in there. Meaning, the switch is probably false triggering once in a while and the game thinks it needs to clear the ball(even in attract mode).

Looks like one of three optos then. Do I check for a loose connection on those or do you think it's an alignment thing?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/173 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.