(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,058 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 minutes ago by System-J
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 242.
#8551 2 years ago

The update is great! In particular I like the virtual locks on the pizza parlor. Really speeds up the game for home play. I also appreciate the ability to adjust the pizza spinner and use it only for MB start.

#8552 2 years ago

I see 1.51 on scandals link now! That said I kinda want to try 1.5 never got nuetrino lol

#8553 2 years ago

I was cleaning my machine tonight and I noticed what looks like cracks around the training insert. Anyone else have this issue? Is there anything I can do to prevent further damage? Game has about 1,300 plays and was bought in March 2021. Appreciate any advice.

2F206FAE-B0A2-4D5E-971D-A7B62F67C62B (resized).jpeg2F206FAE-B0A2-4D5E-971D-A7B62F67C62B (resized).jpeg
#8554 2 years ago

PUMPED! Will be downloading and updating once I finish my current project. Love that you added Impossible Play Xaqery great work! Thanks a bunch for the update. Now there is a pause on new pins, I can smell a score rebalance code update!

#8555 2 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

The update is great! In particular I like the virtual locks on the pizza parlor. Really speeds up the game for home play. I also appreciate the ability to adjust the pizza spinner and use it only for MB start.

I think the game is fast enough, no?!
I thought the Physical lock was intended for ninja pizza MB.
So how does that work now?

#8556 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

IMPOSSIBLE PLAY -
When you are between games, hold in the flipper buttons and it will take you to the GAME PLAY MENU. There you can select from a few different game play modes. Choose IMPOSSIBLE PLAY or MONSTER PLAY.
Once choosen, your game will display meters for each flipper. When you press a flipper button the meter will drain. Once drained the flipper will turn off.
To recharge your flippers you have to stop pressing the flipper button.
IMPOSSIBLE PLAY also sets all your settings to VERY HARD.
MONSTER PLAY is the same as IMPOSSIBLE PLAY except only for player one. All the other players will play normal.

Good Luck!

Thank You sir

#8557 2 years ago

Man it’s 3:30 in the morning and I’m on here reading comments lord help me I’ve got a addiction LOL

#8558 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Man it’s 3:30 in the morning and I’m on here reading comments lord help me I’ve got a addiction LOL

I think most of us can relate..lol

#8559 2 years ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

I was cleaning my machine tonight and I noticed what looks like cracks around the training insert. Anyone else have this issue? Is there anything I can do to prevent further damage? Game has about 1,300 plays and was bought in March 2021. Appreciate any advice.
[quoted image]

I had this issue where the training insert started raising. I took a syringe, and put water thin super glue in it, lifted the playfield, and removed the light board for access to the bottom of the insert. I then injected the superglue into the seam between the insert and the bottom of the pocket the insert sits in, while pressing on the insert from the other side to ensure it was level. I also had to do this to the Cowabunga and Extra Ball inserts. Note: Be careful about getting excess super glue on the bottom of that insert, as it's crystal clear and you'll see it from the top.

I keep syringes and water thin super glue around for this very reason. Whatever Stern is using as a glue to secure inserts is not doing a very good job keeping inserts in place recently in my experience. I've had to do this to a couple inserts in my Star Wars Comic Premium, and to one insert in my Iron Maiden Premium, and one insert in my Batman 66. So that's 4 out of the last 4 Sterns that I've bought.

I'm surprised I never see anyone else complain about this at this failure rate. Maybe everyone's inserts are shifting, lifting, ghosting, and having their borders crack, and nobody is noticing.

Change your insert gluing process Stern.

#8560 2 years ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

[quoted image]

welcome to the Ghosbusters way...

btw, i have no TMNT, than not sure from what i read with the new code : is the reset bug now corrected !?

#8561 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

btw, i have no TMNT, than not sure from what i read with the new code : is the reset bug now corrected !?

Mylar I would assume.

#8562 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i think dwight was speaking of a reset that is happening when you switch the machine on and have the coindoor open.
would be surprised if this was also the turtle power multiball reset/haning fixing.

But i guess we will find soon out when we play with the new image.

#8563 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

I think the game is fast enough, no?!
I thought the Physical lock was intended for ninja pizza MB.
So how does that work now?

Quite simple. Instead of launching a new ball from the shooter lane you get a virtual “lock” and it kicks it out from the parlor.

On Multiball start, the rest of the balls are kicked from the shooter lane.

If you’re a competitive player or tournament director, this can also be useful to keep people from short plunging to the right flipper after every lock.

I don’t mean this “speeds up the ball”, it just makes it so you don’t have to plunge every time you get a pizza parlor lock…which sounds silly to complain about but it does keep the game moving instead of having to stop and plunge each time.

#8564 2 years ago

Quite simple. Instead of launching a new ball from the shooter lane you get a virtual “lock” and it kicks it out from the parlor.
If you’re a competitive player or tournament director, this can also be useful to keep people from short plunging to the right flipper after every lock.
I don’t mean this “speeds up the ball”, it just makes it so you don’t have to plunge every time you get a pizza parlor lock…which sounds silly to complain about but it does keep the game moving instead of having to stop and plunge each time.

Also saves wear and tear on the shooter lane

Rob

#8565 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

i think dwight was speaking of a reset that is happening when you switch the machine on and have the coindoor open.
would be surprised if this was also the turtle power multiball reset/haning fixing.
But i guess we will find soon out when we play with the new image.

lets wait/see than, as TMNT is on my radar, but not with that reset bug still in...

#8566 2 years ago

It also levels the playing field between all players because physical locks will mean sometimes you need to plunge and sometimes the ball feeds the upper flipper. Depending on the situation, both scenarios may prove advantageous. Virtual locks make things consistent, which is something tournament directors tend to prefer.

I wonder if Virtual Locks change the Ninja Pizza Multiball start up sequence. I guess it probably just kicks out the one ball onto the pizza magnet now and then auto launches two more balls into play.

#8567 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I wonder if Virtual Locks change the Ninja Pizza Multiball start up sequence. I guess it probably just kicks out the one ball onto the pizza magnet now and then auto launches two more balls into play.

Yep it does, but not really. It catches the 1 ball on the magnet instead of the 3 that would have come out of the lock. Otherwise all is the same as you described.

#8568 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lets wait/see than, as TMNT is on my radar, but not with that reset bug still in...

I wouldn't let that put you off, I've only had it happen 3 times in about 1000 games, that's why it's so hard to pin down what's causing it.

#8569 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I wouldn't let that put you off, I've only had it happen 3 times in about 1000 games, that's why it's so hard to pin down what's causing it.

Same here. Well maybe 4 times, in like 3000 plays.

#8570 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

like the others said, the bug is very seldom. I can't even rember the last time i got it.

on 1.51 i now got some plays and did not get it, so maybe it was fixed.
But i think you can read here if it is coming up again.

#8571 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

It's not affecting everyone. I've had 1000+ games on mine and never had that issue.

#8572 2 years ago

Anyone else getting a glitch in the new 1.51 code that shuts off the GI bulbs in the top of the playfield during attract mode when you open coin door, enter the menu and then exit and close coin door?

#8573 2 years ago

Yep. But it only happened for a second so I didn’t think much of it.

#8574 2 years ago

Anyone else having trouble with new code balls stuck in lair during Ninja Pizza multiball?

20220330_214414 (resized).jpg20220330_214414 (resized).jpg
#8575 2 years ago

Just finished 6 of the Sewer Pipe Ramp Mods. The Green Ooze ones are lit with a green strip light inside and the Pink Ooze ones have a purple strip light. Attach easily onto the ramp without any additional hardware. Includes the wiring and alligator clips, if you wish to use them. Includes 2 Mousers to put wherever you want as well. The Sewer Ramps and Mousers are $69 plus shipping.

Also have the Metal Rachael Sai and mount for the left ramp as shown, $89 plus shipping. Both ramp mods and mousers special $145 plus shipping.

All green Ooze Sewer pipe mods are spoken for. Will post more next week. Thanks!

20220331_095518.jpg20220331_095518.jpg20220331_095931.jpg20220331_095931.jpg20220331_095117.jpg20220331_095117.jpg20220331_095951.jpg20220331_095951.jpg20220331_094842.jpg20220331_094842.jpg20220323_174444.jpg20220323_174444.jpg

Added over 2 years ago:

This fits the Pro Model or the Premium with only a 2 railing ramp. Does not work on the 3 railing around the corner ramps.

#8576 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

it has only happened to me during Multiball and hitting super mondo jackpot the same time i am finishing a episode. idk if is too much going on at once or not. it is very upsetting bc it happens when i am playing the best game of my life every time

#8577 2 years ago
Quoted from StarWarsTurtles:

Just finished 6 of the Sewer Pipe Ramp Mods. The Green Ooze ones are lit with a green strip light inside and the Pink Ooze ones have a purple strip light. Attach easily onto the ramp without any additional hardware. Includes the wiring and alligator clips, if you wish to use them. Includes 2 Mousers to put wherever you want as well. The Sewer Ramps and Mousers are $69 plus shipping.
Also have the Metal Rachael Sai and mount for the left ramp as shown, $89 plus shipping. Both ramp mods and mousers special $145 plus shipping.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That game is grotesque, no offense. The quality of your mods look good but that playfields whole is certainly Overkill.

#8578 2 years ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

Anyone else getting a glitch in the new 1.51 code that shuts off the GI bulbs in the top of the playfield during attract mode when you open coin door, enter the menu and then exit and close coin door?

Same here I don't think it is tied to the game I think it is tied to whatever firmware version they're using on the nodes because the mandalorian does the same thing but the left side of the game shuts off when you press start the lights come back on. Both only started after the latest code revisions.

#8579 2 years ago

Had the Turtle Power multiball crash tonight. The Baxter Stockman episode was running at the time so maybe that's part of it?

#8580 2 years ago

I can smell a score rebalance code update!

, I can smell a score rebalance code update!

This is all I want. When you crush a mode in Mando you get rewarded for it. In TMNT doesn't matter much whether you crush it or barely complete it or drain. The scores aren't much different.

#8581 2 years ago

Cowabunga dudes. Finally in the club!

B3AE0D9D-5126-4861-B690-24487A57CC4F (resized).jpegB3AE0D9D-5126-4861-B690-24487A57CC4F (resized).jpeg
#8582 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Cowabunga dudes. Finally in the club!
[quoted image]

Welcome!

#8583 2 years ago
Quoted from StarWarsTurtles:

All green Ooze Sewer pipe mods are spoken for. Will post more next week. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think your playfield kicks ass. Totally oozes with love for TMNT.

#8584 2 years ago

(about the reset bug)

tanx to all of you guys, but

Quoted from Jerickso77:

Had the Turtle Power multiball crash tonight

#8585 2 years ago

Re: NPP and game balance
I should reserve my opinion until I try the new code for a bit (just updated with the April Animation mod (so awesome))-- but I'm going to chime in anyways in hopes that i come across as helping and not just ranting.
I think there should be a bonus like NPP after every level achieved. At least each level after 2 anyways. As it is, leveling up is riskier than the reward is worth (and esp if the lair save is off). And it's not like NPP just starts, you have to work for it too. Also it's more lucrative just to go for stacking of epps., mb's, multipliers, and hope for some hurry-ups along the way. I'd say right now it's safer to go for 2 of the same hurry-up shots than it is to get the training multiplier and hit it once. Another bonus is that the npp uses the ramp targets that are underutilized in the game (changing epps is not that important in tmnt, imo. Not enough to be worth the risky shots anyways).
So adding possible mb's to light after the levels would make leveling up another tenable path to climb, points strategy wise, imo. As it is, even with npp after lv2, I don't think I'd ever go for leveling up in a tournament strategy (well, not at my skill level anyways). I do sometimes go for training because it's just so damn fun at home though. I love that each level has its own music. And the animation if your successful is one of my favorites in all of pinball.
Speaking of tournamentstrategies, I can't wait to see this game in some big tournaments. Getting rid of the bugs is definitely going to make this a real option for important games. Keep it up Dwight! You're awesome!

#8586 2 years ago

Just played a game with the 1.51. It feels like there's some nice little tweaks like some new audio and some nice use of the gi. I was just expecting some bug fixes but it feels like more than that. Impressed so far.

As a side note I haven't had a TP reset in ages. The last time I had it, I remember it being very had to figure out the exact state it was in so I didn't bother reporting it. Hoping this gets resolved before the code gets 'completed'. Seems like a thing like BSD where it's such a major bug TD's will shy away from using the game in important matches (like when 10k prizes are involved).
I've also done a clean install with a new SD from an image (the April Ani mod)--so I don't think I could or should report if it happens again. But I'm curious if this problem has been officially resolved. And also if people who have had this issue has tried doing a clean install instead of just updates.
-j

#8587 2 years ago

I keep forgetting to post my future contribution to TMNT. I found I kept wanting a reference to the pizza toppings so I decided to make custom score cards. I'm pretty happy with them and have use the 'pizza menu' quite a few times. They still need a few tweaks but I'll post the images when they're done.
Making the 'Pizza menu ' made me jealous of you prem/le owners for the mushroom toppings. I wish Dwight could've added it to the pros somehow. I know the limitations of the pro lair but maybe a timed lock up at the pizza parlor? Meh, a guy can dream can't he?

20220401_161641 (resized).jpg20220401_161641 (resized).jpg

#8588 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

I keep forgetting to post my future contribution to TMNT. I found I kept wanting a reference to the pizza toppings so I decided to make custom score cards. I'm pretty happy with them and have use the 'pizza menu' quite a few times. They still need a few tweaks but I'll post the images when they're done.
Making the 'Pizza menu ' made me jealous of you prem/le owners for the mushroom toppings. I wish Dwight could've added it to the pros somehow. I know the limitations of the pro lair but maybe a timed lock up at the pizza parlor? Meh, a guy can dream can't he?
[quoted image]

Nice! That looks like a lot of information on small card!

#8589 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I had this issue where the training insert started raising. I took a syringe, and put water thin super glue in it, lifted the playfield, and removed the light board for access to the bottom of the insert. I then injected the superglue into the seam between the insert and the bottom of the pocket the insert sits in, while pressing on the insert from the other side to ensure it was level. I also had to do this to the Cowabunga and Extra Ball inserts. Note: Be careful about getting excess super glue on the bottom of that insert, as it's crystal clear and you'll see it from the top.
I keep syringes and water thin super glue around for this very reason. Whatever Stern is using as a glue to secure inserts is not doing a very good job keeping inserts in place recently in my experience. I've had to do this to a couple inserts in my Star Wars Comic Premium, and to one insert in my Iron Maiden Premium, and one insert in my Batman 66. So that's 4 out of the last 4 Sterns that I've bought.
I'm surprised I never see anyone else complain about this at this failure rate. Maybe everyone's inserts are shifting, lifting, ghosting, and having their borders crack, and nobody is noticing.
Change your insert gluing process Stern.

It is a common problem. I've seen it on many newer Sterns, some are worse than others.

#8590 2 years ago

My friend got this week a TMNT pro Nib. Unboxed, installed a playfield protector, installed latest code 151 and it was playing time tonight.

Think we played like 3 times a 4 player game , twice a 2 player game and once a 1 player game.

During a four player game the pinball froze, it did nothing during like 30 seconds and than reseted. That time also the high scores were erased.

Later in the evening during a 1 player game same thing happened but this time high scores were kept.

Reseated now the sd card and checked connections (which all looked fine) but is this the reset bug people are talking about??

BCA301A0-AA6D-475F-AC39-DFBE2651A429 (resized).jpegBCA301A0-AA6D-475F-AC39-DFBE2651A429 (resized).jpeg
#8591 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Nice! That looks like a lot of information on small card!

Sure is! It made me respect how much rules there are. I know Dwight is a big board game fan and it show when you break down the rules visually.
Believe it or not, I edited a lot out. But I knew I wanted the pizza toppings and the level bonuses for reference. After that everything else just seemed necessary to me. Especially things like how to re-light mb's.
Most of the font isn't any smaller than the original card too, so it's all quite readable. But yeah, this would be quite daunting to anyone coming up to the machine to play it for the first time.

#8592 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

My friend got this week a TMNT pro Nib. Unboxed, installed a playfield protector, installed latest code 151 and it was playing time tonight.
Think we played like 3 times a 4 player game , twice a 2 player game and once a 1 player game.
During a four player game the pinball froze, it did nothing during like 30 seconds and than reseted. That time also the high scores were erased.
Later in the evening during a 1 player game same thing happened but this time high scores were kept.
Reseated now the sd card and checked connections (which all looked fine) but is this the reset bug people are talking about??
[quoted image]

Nah, that sounds like another issue. I would've done what you did. ...maybe a bad SD card? I've also know people who've had a bad power supply nib that was causing reseting randomly too. Worth looking into.

#8593 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:I keep forgetting to post my future contribution to TMNT. I found I kept wanting a reference to the pizza toppings so I decided to make custom score cards. I'm pretty happy with them and have use the 'pizza menu' quite a few times. They still need a few tweaks but I'll post the images when they're done.

These look great! Can't wait.

#8594 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

[quoted image]

Looks great, I’d love a copy!

This game is so deep and really doesn’t show you any progress, it’s hard to have a solid strategy and remember where you’re at.

#8595 2 years ago

Added a topper and side armor to my Premium today. Really love this game!

67054134136__AF253DF1-8FF0-4BC7-98DD-0DC59EB38450 (resized).JPG67054134136__AF253DF1-8FF0-4BC7-98DD-0DC59EB38450 (resized).JPG67054135136__F5B410F7-4503-4877-8945-91A087BE3A99 (resized).JPG67054135136__F5B410F7-4503-4877-8945-91A087BE3A99 (resized).JPG
#8596 2 years ago

Jealous of the topper. Gotta take off that duplicate logo though.

Have you guys noticed with the 1.51 they also tweaked and added some call outs? April now calls out the extra ball. I don't remember a call out before for when an EB is available and I noticed one call out from spliter and another from April.
I also think I heard a new variation from Leo and maybe Raph when the training starts.
Besides that, audio wise, I've noticed ...or I think I have... that there is less cutting off of phrases. Especially when the episodes start.
All positive changes imo.

#8597 2 years ago

I haven't tried 1.51 yet. If the ball you lock then gets kicked out of the parlor, how do balls remain in the parlor to start NPMB? Typically the balls flood out of the Beebob lane while the top flipper is raised to allow all the balls to spin on the pizza. If the parlor keeps spitting out the balls at every lock, do we lose the pizza spin?

#8598 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

[quoted image]

MUST.HAVE.
Please post when completed! I have the prem and this is so useful.

#8599 2 years ago

Does anyone do an airball protector for the right ramp? I seem to be getting quite a few airballs on the right ramp from the left flipper since installing the pinmonk fans. Already at 7 degrees. I could turn down the left flipper power but then I might not be able to backhand the left ramp. Thanks!

#8600 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Does anyone do an airball protector for the right ramp? I seem to be getting quite a few airballs on the right ramp from the left flipper since installing the pinmonk fans. Already at 7 degrees. I could turn down the left flipper power but then I might not be able to backhand the left ramp. Thanks!

If there isn’t one already, I’m sure that I can create something. I’ll wait to see if one is already out there as I don’t want to impede on someone else’s work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.