(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 242.
#8451 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Is my left flipper too low? I've never been able to backhand the left ramp and I'm wondering if this is why.
[quoted image]

The only time I've been able to backhand it is after a fresh waxing. The left flipper position looks fine to me although the camera isn't directly centered over it so it's hard to say for sure.

#8452 2 years ago

I don’t get the desire to back hand the left ramp on this game. On both TMNT I play, it’s not very possible or probable to make that shot. I play a lot of tournament pinball so I don’t think it’s a matter of my skill. The right ramp, however, I do so all the time.

#8453 2 years ago

Both ramps are definitely meant to be backhanded. I backhand both of them all the time. Safest way to shoot them. Backhand LAIR as well. Table set at 6.5 and level side to side.

#8454 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Both ramps are definitely meant to be backhanded. I backhand both of them all the time. Safest way to shoot them. Backhand LAIR as well. Table set at 6.5 and level side to side.

Man I’ve been reading this whole thread trying to catch up and I am pumped. I just looked at my tracking updates and my new tmnt is in ATLANTA N WILL BE HERE at my house Monday. I’ve got Munsters premium n guardians of galaxy n now tmnt next is Elvira in December I’m getting there. Lol

#8455 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well on mine it's not happening. I've nerfed my flippers so the game plays more WPC like. .

#8456 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Both ramps are definitely meant to be backhanded

Is this your opinion, or do you have some sort of supporting info for this?

#8457 2 years ago

Mine’s at 7 degrees, right ramp can be backhanded easily, before I fitted fans it would lose the strength to do it after a few games. Backhanding the left ramp at this pitch isn’t a gimme and I’m still working on getting it consistently but that’s me not being good enough at this pitch rather than it being impossible by design. Left ramp was easy at 6.5 degrees, not as easy as right ramp but consistent enough.

Supporting info that the ramps should be backhandable is that the ramps are backhandable. If they weren’t meant to be backhanded the design wouldn’t allow it.

I highly recommend pinmonks flipper fans if you play for a while and want to consistently backhand on this game!

#8458 2 years ago

If you aren't meant to backhand the left ramp that's fine, just wish we had a definitive answer.

#8459 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

If you aren't meant to backhand the left ramp that's fine, just wish we had a definitive answer.

It’s definitely doable

#8460 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I’ve got several Borg designed games and he always makes his designs to allow backhanding the shots. Most good designers do this. Richie designs this way too and so does Elwin. Without backhanding the shots on TMNT are more dangerous and I cannot advance as deeply in the game. Fans do help a great deal. You can make your own fans easily and save a bunch over what they’re sold for from retailers, if you don’t mind DIY.

#8461 2 years ago

When you're about to finish an episode (4 flashing ramps), some modes let you hit another yellow ramp before completing the mode. What does that extra yellow ramp do? Is it 2x your final score?
I read through the rulesheet on tiltforum and can't figure it our. Also if you guys know a better rulesheet please let me know.

#8462 2 years ago
Quoted from MWM82:

I have seen this tool suggested in the past.
amazon.com link »
Looks like it would work, but i didn't take the plunge and buy it. I just used needle nose pliers and twisted the screw.

That is far too tall. I know because I bought it a while back and didn't fit. I got this instead.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016VAIBI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image

I wanted to screw it in because the back of the glider was sagging, but screwing this in tighter didn't fix the issue.

#8463 2 years ago
Quoted from ag83:

I'm so thankful for this thread! I'm two months in as the second owner of a Premium and have been making my way through the various recommended fixes in this thread. I finished replacing the Servo last month after Stern wouldn’t give me a new one.
However, I want to tighten the screw on the glider but can’t find an angled Phillips head screwdriver short enough to fit. What do you all do to tighten this? (Red arrow in picture)
[quoted image]

Get this one. The one the other guy linked on Amazon doesn't fit because it's not low profile enough. I know because I bought it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016VAIBI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image

Why did you want to screw that in? I bought this because the back of the glider was sagging. Unfortunately this didn't fix the problem.

#8464 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

When you're about to finish an episode (4 flashing ramps), some modes let you hit another yellow ramp before completing the mode. What does that extra yellow ramp do? Is it 2x your final score?

I think it's just extra points but Ive never thought to check further.

#8465 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’ve got several Borg designed games and he always makes his designs to allow backhanding the shots. Most good designers do this. Richie designs this way too and so does Elwin. Without backhanding the shots on TMNT are more dangerous and I cannot advance as deeply in the game. Fans do help a great deal. You can make your own fans easily and save a bunch over what they’re sold for from retailers, if you don’t mind DIY.

What Elwin game can you backhand a left or right ramp?

#8466 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’ve got several Borg designed games and he always makes his designs to allow backhanding the shots.

I think you're confusing "I've been able to do it on several machines" with "he always makes his ramps backhandable". It's great you can do that, but many of us cannot...even with fresh, cool-coiled flippers. And no, I can't backhand both ramps on my Metallica.

Quoted from NoSkills:

Supporting info that the ramps should be backhandable is that the ramps are backhandable.

You're confusing "how some machines work" with "the designer's intent". My Wonka doesn't have a left inlane rubber on it because the ball will stick. Some people have Wonkas with no sticking problem. But per JJP, there should be no rubber there.

#8467 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What Elwin game can you backhand a left or right ramp?

Avengers Gauntlet Ramp is specifically designed to be hitable from all 3 flippers. Jurassic Park's left ramp is borderline backhandable as well.

#8468 2 years ago

Anyone know what the Pulot achievement is? You need to achieve max glider to collect it, but don’t know what that is.

#8469 2 years ago

Well, it's time. I'm listing my TMNT Pro. It was the first game in a long time that the moment I played it I thought "Uh-oh, this is too good...it might have to go into my collection". And, like many pins, the original rush has changed after playing for a bit. A fast fun game that has served me well but it's time to move on! If anyone knows someone who wants a mint one, let me know.

#8471 2 years ago

One of the best mods for this game. Pick one up while you still can.

#8472 2 years ago

Ordered!

and thank you for not gouging on shipping

#8473 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Ordered!
and thank you for not gouging on shipping

Three left, funny you should say that. We’ve always had free shipping until recently. Like everywhere else, our costs have gone up. Rather than raises prices on all our mods, we just instituted a small $0.99 shipping fee. It doesn’t cover all our increased costs, and we may need to raise shipping a little more, but we feel it’s better than raising the prices of mods across the board. I hope that doesn’t change, but 8% inflation is pretty tough to absorb.

#8474 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Avengers Gauntlet Ramp is specifically designed to be hitable from all 3 flippers. Jurassic Park's left ramp is borderline backhandable as well.

Avengers Gauntlet ramp is not a left or right ramp, it is a centre ramp and I would expect to be able to backhand that shot. We can on our machine. JP left ramp was never designed to be backhanded.

#8475 2 years ago

Avengers Gauntlet ramp is not a left or right ramp, it is a centre ramp and I would expect to be able to backhand that shot. We can on our machine. JP left ramp was never designed to be backhanded.

I agree that JP's left ramp probably wasn't designed to be backhanded, but it is possible. On AIQ, in my opinion, Black Widow is a centre ramp, but Gauntlet ramp is a right ramp. I don't know how you define "right ramp" though, I guess that's ultimately up to you.

#8476 2 years ago

Just got max krang combo and the achievement didn't pop. I think I'd read a few pages back that it was glitched for someone else also. I did get it during multi ball, so a lot was going on. Though it was able to recognize it to display it like it historically would at end of ball. Anyone have a trick to get the achievement to pop? Similar to how leveling up all turtles achievement doesn't pop, though it will if you play a 2 player game and level up the second turtle, then it pops.

#8477 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Just got max krang combo and the achievement didn't pop. IAnyone have a trick to get the achievement to pop? Similar to how leveling up all turtles achievement doesn't pop, though it will if you play a 2 player game and level up the second turtle, then it pops.

Unfortunately, we can't get Max Krang to pop either. Guess we'll need to wait for the next update.

#8478 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I agree that JP's left ramp probably wasn't designed to be backhanded, but it is possible. On AIQ, in my opinion, Black Widow is a centre ramp, but Gauntlet ramp is a right ramp. I don't know how you define "right ramp" though, I guess that's ultimately up to you.

Elwin said the Gauntlet ramp on AIQ was specifically designed to be made from all three flippers. He has never said that his designs are designed to have backhandable ramps like Thunderbird stated.

#8479 2 years ago

Elwin said the Gauntlet ramp on AIQ was specifically designed to be made from all three flippers.

Yep.

#8480 2 years ago

the concrete jungle episode is played in 2 stages. In the first stage, both left and right orbits are lit and so is the left ramp. To advance to the 2nd level, you need to hit the dimension targets twice and then the left ramp (or the left ramp 3 times).

What is the purpose of the lit left and right orbits? Does this give you a bonus during the 2nd stage of the episode when everything goes red?

#8481 2 years ago

My tmnt is finally at the right fedex building again in Buford Georgia 25 miles from me after being there and then shipped back across country by mistake. Says it will be delivered today 3-24 I hope it’s still in one piece. Lol

#8482 2 years ago

I meant to ask about code updates as far as doing the April n 1987 upgrade what there compatible with. Thanks

#8483 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I meant to ask about code updates as far as doing the April n 1987 upgrade what there compatible with. Thanks

1987 code is on the latest version released by stern.

I would not use any modified code while on insider connect though.

#8484 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

the concrete jungle episode is played in 2 stages. In the first stage, both left and right orbits are lit and so is the left ramp. To advance to the 2nd level, you need to hit the dimension targets twice and then the left ramp (or the left ramp 3 times).

What is the purpose of the lit left and right orbits? Does this give you a bonus during the 2nd stage of the episode when everything goes red?

Good question, I believe the orbit are just additional points. I always try to complete the episode, that seems to be where the better points are. And Concrete Jungle is one of the toughest to complete, in my opinion. So I aim to shoot 3 left ramps as quick as possible and if I hit the Dimension X targets that works too. After I get to Stage 2, then it feels much more beatable.

#8485 2 years ago

Ok it’s official I’m in the club. Just unpacked my game n I’m pumped. I’ve got about 600$ worth of mods to put on n order my pin stadium lights. She is going to be sweet.

#8486 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

1987 code is on the latest version released by stern.
I would not use any modified code while on insider connect though.

Ok thanks I didn’t know that. I just unpacked my my game and seen it has 1.23 code on it n does not have insider connect which is fine with me. So I’ll upload the latest code in a little while.

#8487 2 years ago

Hey when I download the new code 1:50 on my scandisk. I open it on my computer to check it n it came up I have to buy something which I’m assuming it’s something to do with insider connect which I don’t have. So will it still upload the new code or what. Thanks

#8488 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Hey when I download the new code 1:50 on my scandisk. I open it on my computer to check it n it came up I have to buy something which I’m assuming it’s something to do with insider connect which I don’t have. So will it still upload the new code or what. Thanks

when you try to write a complete SD-Image:

in general you do not open the downloaded images. you need to unzip them and you will have a .raw file.
there should not be something to buy when writing the code. You would write the image to a SD-Card (best a new, clean one) with Balena Etcher or win32Diskimager to the SD-Card.
after writing on Windows it may show some driver letters that you can not access after writing the Image to a SD-Card. You just should leave them alone, do not format them or do anything with it.
There is only one drive "Boot Stern" that you may read.

hope this helps a little bit

#8489 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

when you try to write a complete SD-Image:
in general you do not open the downloaded images. you need to unzip them and you will have a .raw file.
there should not be something to buy when writing the code. You would write the image to a SD-Card (best a new, clean one) with Balena Etcher or win32Diskimager to the SD-Card.
after writing on Windows it may show some driver letters that you can not access after writing the Image to a SD-Card. You just should leave them alone, do not format them or do anything with it.
There is only one drive "Boot Stern" that you may read.
hope this helps a little bit

It downloaded to the sd card fine n I took it out of the computer I didn’t open it. But I clicked on the download on the computer n it said buy something n when I did my Munsters premium new code with insider connect it didn’t have that on there. Kinda strange this did but I’ll find out when I get home n try to install. Lol

#8490 2 years ago

Just joined the club. This game is so fun. Im so glad I got it.

IMG_6862 (resized).JPGIMG_6862 (resized).JPG
#8491 2 years ago

Congrats! I agree, it’s a lot of fun.

#8492 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me what might be going on with the code update. I’ve tried to download 1.50 on 2 different computers so I can put it on my sd drive but it want download off the sight says it’s the file is corrupted can anyone help the big man out. Lol

#8493 2 years ago

Super late to the party but I hope y’all saved some slices of pizza for me.

Got my machine a week ago.
I purchased mine new in box from Todd Tuckey at TNT amusements.

Love the game play! Love the art even more.
Zombie Yeti knocked it out of the park with this cab.

Got all 5 of my favorite green guys next to each other.

5DE63CA6-DC29-4C77-AF1C-F5989E240F66 (resized).jpeg5DE63CA6-DC29-4C77-AF1C-F5989E240F66 (resized).jpeg98BC0C9D-0242-4063-9ED6-8E959931E331 (resized).jpeg98BC0C9D-0242-4063-9ED6-8E959931E331 (resized).jpegA166E17A-AA88-431D-AB91-90AAB7ADE3B2 (resized).jpegA166E17A-AA88-431D-AB91-90AAB7ADE3B2 (resized).jpegC03C2D86-2B3A-4C4E-96BE-4F16B0030118 (resized).jpegC03C2D86-2B3A-4C4E-96BE-4F16B0030118 (resized).jpegCD1AEB30-4DCB-42D1-BC4A-3ECDE3E5D5FE (resized).jpegCD1AEB30-4DCB-42D1-BC4A-3ECDE3E5D5FE (resized).jpeg
#8494 2 years ago
Quoted from CharlieRex:

Super late to the party but I hope y’all saved some slices of pizza for me.
Got my machine a week ago.
I purchased mine new in box from Todd Tuckey at TNT amusements.
Love the game play! Love the art even more.
Zombie Yeti knocked it out of the park with this cab.
Got all 5 of my favorite green guys next to each other.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the speaker ooze?

#8495 2 years ago

Congrats! Looks like a fun room

#8496 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Where did you get the speaker ooze?

Pretty sure thats a back alley mod.

#8497 2 years ago

I need some help. I just got mine a few days ago it has 1.23 code. I downloaded the new 1.5 code to my computer put my sd thumb drive in and dragged it to install to the thumb drive it says good. I got home put it in the usb on my tmnt flip the switch on n no update. I’ve done it 3 times and nothing. I’ve got Munsters premium and guardians of galaxy both I have updated no problem so what could be going on. Any help would be appreciated so much. Thanks

#8498 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I need some help. I just got mine a few days ago it has 1.23 code. I downloaded the new 1.5 code to my computer put my sd thumb drive in and dragged it to install to the thumb drive it says good. I got home put it in the usb on my tmnt flip the switch on n no update. I’ve done it 3 times and nothing. I’ve got Munsters premium and guardians of galaxy both I have updated no problem so what could be going on. Any help would be appreciated so much. Thanks

do you have a pro or prem/le?

you try to update the full code on a new SD-Card?
you download this file from the server -> turtles_le-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip or turtles_pro-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
then you unzip it to get a this file -> turtles_le-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw or turtles_pro-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw

you put your SD-Card with an adapter or card slot in the computer.
then you write the file with a software like Balena Etcher or Win32Diskimager to the SD-Card.
After writing your computer may show several drives that you can not access. You would just leave them alone and just remove the usb-card from the computer.
Then you replace the sd-card with the one in the game. If you have an insider connected you may have 2 sd-cards in the game. You would switch with the bigger one, not the mini version.

Then you replace the SD-Card with the new SD-Card.

or do you try to do the Game-Code update that should be done with a usb-stick?
then you would have this file: turtles_pro-1_50_0.spk.zip or turtles_le-1_50_0.spk.zip
you would unzip them and put them on an usb-stick that you stick mainboard.
I have do admit i have never done this, so i can not get into deepter detail.

please give some more information if what i descriped is how you do it? then we can try to help you better.

-> reread everything and i am rethinking, you seem to do the update via game-code/USB.
maybe try another usb stick. Look if it is formated right Fat32, fatext or Fatx. Not NTFS

#8499 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

do you have a pro or prem/le?
you try to update the full code on a new SD-Card?
you download this file from the server -> turtles_le-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip or turtles_pro-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
then you unzip it to get a this file -> turtles_le-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw or turtles_pro-1_50_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw
you put your SD-Card with an adapter or card slot in the computer.
then you write the file with a software like Balena Etcher or Win32Diskimager to the SD-Card.
After writing your computer may show several drives that you can not access. You would just leave them alone and just remove the usb-card from the computer.
Then you replace the sd-card with the one in the game. If you have an insider connected you may have 2 sd-cards in the game. You would switch with the bigger one, not the mini version.
Then you replace the SD-Card with the new SD-Card.
or do you try to do the Game-Code update that should be done with a usb-stick?
then you would have this file: turtles_pro-1_50_0.spk.zip or turtles_le-1_50_0.spk.zip
you would unzip them and put them on an usb-stick that you stick mainboard.
I have do admit i have never done this, so i can not get into deepter detail.
please give some more information if what i descriped is how you do it? then we can try to help you better.
-> reread everything and i am rethinking, you seem to do the update via game-code/USB.
maybe try another usb stick. Look if it is formated right Fat32, fatext or Fatx. Not NTFS

Hey thanks for helping me. I’ve got a brand new usb stick 16 gigs. My tmnt is a pro so I downloaded the pro version code update from Stern on to my computer. Then I plug my usb into the computer n drag both files over to the usb drive n it downloads no problem. I put my usb stick into the usb service port on the game n turn it on. Everything comes on but says 1.23 version it never try’s to update. I’ve done this same way on my Munsters premium n guardians of galaxy and never had a problem so I’m kinda lost lol.

#8500 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Hey thanks for helping me. I’ve got a brand new usb stick 16 gigs. My tmnt is a pro so I downloaded the pro version code update from Stern on to my computer. Then I plug my usb into the computer n drag both files over to the usb drive n it downloads no problem. I put my usb stick into the usb service port on the game n turn it on. Everything comes on but says 1.23 version it never try’s to update. I’ve done this same way on my Munsters premium n guardians of galaxy and never had a problem so I’m kinda lost lol.

Have you tried doing a completely fresh install on a different SD card like Cabal suggested?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
There are 12,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/170?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.