(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 242.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

JPLe has well and truly earnt it’s flip value. Down here they’re unobtanium and selling for a big premium over list price because no one is selling and everyone wants it.
Tmnt LE has yet to earn its stripes and is selling mostly on looks and theme at this point.

Yeah no one is commenting on Australia. That market is crazy.

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopario:

Put my deposit down on a premium. Have space reserved.
[quoted image]

I like that tmnt banner!

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes - those people were fools. They paid for no reason. I can understand overpaying for TBL, Rick and morty etc....games you CANT get or have to wait a year plus to get.
JP2 LE was available way after it was released.
Fools.
Buy Buy Buy!

I got my JP2 LE in late October so I’d have to say you’re right

#754 3 years ago

Here is how I did the ring kit on my TMNT PRO...

Mostly Superbands
Some Pinball Center ones
Some Cliffy post sleaves
Titan on 3rd flipper but thin ring that makes the flip a bit faster and shot behind it a bit easier but may make ramp shot a little harder but makes inner loop easier.

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haven't seen an LE flip unless you're a fool for any recent Stern's. Last I can remember maybe iron maiden but def GB. It's been awhile.

Yeah people and Distros been flipping the shit out of this for the last 3 weeks or so. Easily, Easily one of Stern's best offerings in the last couple of years so I'm not surprised. My LE will be here next week

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah no one is commenting on Australia. That market is crazy.

Just saying, early hype based on looks and theme is one thing. Long term performance is another.

As you said, GBLE was a perfect example of a game that had huge early hype based purely on theme and looks. Was a flippers dream. Then fell off a cliff as the game itself didnt live up to the hype.

Not saying TMNT LE will necessarily do the same - it certainly stacks up on looks and (to many) theme, but it's longevity has yet to be established.

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just saying, early hype based on looks and theme is one thing. Long term performance is another.
As you said, GBLE was a perfect example of a game that had huge early hype based purely on theme and looks. Was a flippers dream. Then fell off a cliff as the game itself didnt live up to the hype.
Not saying TMNT LE will necessarily do the same - it certainly stacks up on looks and (to many) theme, but it's longevity has yet to be established.

I agree but I wasn't commenting on that. I was commenting on fools who overspend on Stern LEs bc buy buy buy mentality gets people all caught up in fake supply issues meanwhile you can pick one up later on for normal price. It's a dealers trick but that's fine. It's all a game.

For tmnt, I said day one this game would explode. I made the hype thread and had to explain to the old timers like o-din that the theme is real deal and watch out. Once I saw the gameplay was great too, along with art, I knew this was going to be a hit.

I personally don't think prem or LE is even close to being worth it (I went pro - super easy decision) and I don't get into the LE flipping but have no problem with people that do. I just didn't know they were all sold out.... For real.

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have not heard a peep about my LE yet. I see that Ed Roberston got his already.. I guess I'm just not famous enough and I obviously can't sing worth a crap either. I'm good at complaining though!
Rob

Mine is shipping too Nitro, then on to me.
Hopefully heading my way by end of next week.

#759 3 years ago

I have a set of flipper toppers that didn’t turn out to my liking. If anyone wants them, pay for shipping and they’re yours. Otherwise, I’m going to toss them.

edit: these have been claimed.

8E02D758-FB1B-4673-9A9E-4687A396EB7D (resized).jpeg8E02D758-FB1B-4673-9A9E-4687A396EB7D (resized).jpeg

#760 3 years ago

They look good to me, just PM’ed ya. Nice offer!

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I have a set of flipper toppers that didn’t turn out to my liking. If anyone wants them, pay for shipping and they’re yours. Otherwise, I’m going to toss them.
edit: these have been claimed.
[quoted image]

They look pretty cool to me. What did you choose over them??

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

They look pretty cool to me. What did you choose over them??

I use them, but these were for an order. My wife said their masks look too light compared to the ones on my machine, so I just redid the set.

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Nice TMNT (arcade) combo cabinet!

Hey thanks, I specifically wanted a 2 in 1 combo came (original boards on switcher) and searched long and hard for it. Have owned for 2.5 years now. Then they decided to remake it in a 2 in 1 Arcade 1up cabinet like 1 to 1.5 years ago. I was ahead of the curve, that combo cab is a no brainer for anyone born in the 80s who enjoyed arcades.

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was commenting on fools who overspend on LEs bc buy buy buy mentality. It's a dealers trick but that's fine. It's all a game.

and I don't get into the LE flipping but have no problem with people that do.

how about that Blood Suckers Edition you have in your collection? looks like they got you to buy buy buy that LE.

#765 3 years ago

Curse you John Borg!!! This Machine is a little harder to turn all titan then my others. Got it all done though so J Borg....you’re good.

195002DA-DFC4-4EBB-9CBD-860BC57949F4 (resized).jpeg195002DA-DFC4-4EBB-9CBD-860BC57949F4 (resized).jpeg1C19EC57-5B93-452B-BE94-A89A67C60FFF (resized).jpeg1C19EC57-5B93-452B-BE94-A89A67C60FFF (resized).jpeg83D4D811-B8B5-4B6D-99AC-30F71FFFC9AD (resized).jpeg83D4D811-B8B5-4B6D-99AC-30F71FFFC9AD (resized).jpegDF0C6CBA-7A62-4921-9029-09D2A5BC95B7 (resized).jpegDF0C6CBA-7A62-4921-9029-09D2A5BC95B7 (resized).jpeg
#766 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Curse you John Borg!!! This Machine is a little harder to turn all titan then my others. Got it all done though so J Borg....you’re good.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

TItan bands?

#767 3 years ago

The green looks really good! Would like to see what all green looks like if anybody has already done it.

#768 3 years ago

#58 is home! Finally got mine yesterday.

IMG_20200709_182842_837 (resized).jpgIMG_20200709_182842_837 (resized).jpg
#769 3 years ago

Hey TMNT owners and Stern Pros,

I could use some help. I ran into an issue while playing my TMNT LE last night. The van diverter was stuck open and stopping all the balls. I removed the glass and cleared them. Then it started launching 2 balls out of the trough as if it were reloading the van. It started acting funky with a ball locked for pizza multi-ball too. It went through it's routine of trying to clear all the balls and finally dumped all the balls out of the van, then reloaded the van. Then launched two more balls, and shut down after one drained. It did this a couple of times acting like there was a ball stuck somewhere. I did the ol' IT trick of restarting the machine. It seemed to be playing fine after that. I can't tell if the van is working properly now or I just suck at hitting the right ramp. I'm more certain of the latter than the former.

I opened the coin door to access the service menus and I'm getting the 3 messages in these images. I tested the coil and it stuck open on the 4th time. I nudged it back closed (it didn't require any force, maybe it's hanging up on the ramp but I didn't have time to pull of any of the plastic to check).

I'm not sure if the two errors are related and I'm still new enough to pinball that I'm not sure what a node board is and what they do. If it's just a bonehead newbie mistake, be gentle, I've already been ridiculed for waxing a NIB play field prior to playing it for the first time. I appreciate any insight you're willing to share, even if it's as simple as "it's because you have the coin door open dum dum."

TMNT_Error 1 (resized).jpgTMNT_Error 1 (resized).jpgTMNT_Error 2 (resized).jpgTMNT_Error 2 (resized).jpgTMNT_Error 3 (resized).jpgTMNT_Error 3 (resized).jpg
#770 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbru:

Hey TMNT owners and Stern Pros,
I could use some help. I ran into an issue while playing my TMNT LE last night. The van diverter was stuck open and stopping all the balls. I removed the glass and cleared them. Then it started launching 2 balls out of the trough as if it were reloading the van. It started acting funky with a ball locked for pizza multi-ball too. It went through it's routine of trying to clear all the balls and finally dumped all the balls out of the van, then reloaded the van. Then launched two more balls, and shut down after one drained. It did this a couple of times acting like there was a ball stuck somewhere. I did the ol' IT trick of restarting the machine. It seemed to be playing fine after that. I can't tell if the van is working properly now or I just suck at hitting the right ramp. I'm more certain of the latter than the former.
I opened the coin door to access the service menus and I'm getting the 3 messages in these images. I tested the coil and it stuck open on the 4th time. I nudged it back closed (it didn't require any force, maybe it's hanging up on the ramp but I didn't have time to pull of any of the plastic to check).
I'm not sure if the two errors are related and I'm still new enough to pinball that I'm not sure what a node board is and what they do. If it's just a bonehead newbie mistake, be gentle, I've already been ridiculed for waxing a NIB play field prior to playing it for the first time. I appreciate any insight you're willing to share, even if it's as simple as "it's because you have the coin door open dum dum."
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Try pressing the button on the side of the cabinet that tells the machine the door is closed and those errors should go away when you go back into the menu

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Try pressing the button on the side of the cabinet that tells the machine the door is closed and those errors should go away when you go back into the menu

Interlock switch. It’s white. Pull it out. That way you don’t have to hold it in.

Also this error shouldn’t come up either way.

#772 3 years ago

While we are on the subject of interlocks is there anyway to add one to a spike 2 game that didn’t originally come with one on initials runs but did on later runs?

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

While we are on the subject of interlocks is there anyway to add one to a spike 2 game that didn’t originally come with one on initials runs but did on later runs?

I don’t think so. I wish they never added them back.

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Thanks! So these errors don't correlate with with issues I was experiencing with the van diverter?

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbru:

Thanks! So these errors don't correlate with with issues I was experiencing with the van diverter?

They probably do. Contact stern to get support. That kickers number that is right on the lock bar receiver under the lockdown bar.

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

how about that Blood Suckers Edition you have in your collection? looks like they got you to buy buy buy that LE.

And for some of the slower folks around here who have trouble following clear points, there are NONE left so yes, that's what's called a SMART decision. RM BSE is an LE that actually sold out for real and I got one.

But thank you for making my point.

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

And for some of the slower folks around here who have trouble following clear points, there are NONE left so yes, that's what's called a SMART decision. RM BSE is an LE that actually sold out for real and I got one.
But thank you for making my point.

but mine is different!

Rob Zombie had super limited numbers, all sold out fast and held great value, now look at them. hasn't every spooky release been like that?

#778 3 years ago

All my general thoughts on the game. I have an LE, have had considerable time on a Pro. They're both a lot of fun and enjoyable. I can honestly say, as much as I enjoy my LE, the Pro seems to be the better player after 30 plus plays on both of them. Final verdict is a positive one for both models as I think majority of people will be happy with either one.

At the end around 12:50 the issues I've been having pretty much out of box for the LE are discussed and shown. If you're waiting on your LE or a Premium I'd recommend at least watching that end part so maybe the issues I've had you can prevent before they occur and be able to enjoy your game to its fullest.

If you don't want to watch the video, the reader's digest version is that the turtle van wasn't feeding correctly and balls would just stack up. At the same time, the diverter scratched up the backside of the plastic ramp and hit it with such force that it eventually dug into the plastic and would get stuck. I also had 2 node boards go out that controlled the upper playfield GI and the pizza disc motor.

My distro, Flip N Out / Zach, has been on it immediately though which is awesome.

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

All my general thoughts on the game. I have an LE, have had considerable time on a Pro. They're both a lot of fun and enjoyable. I can honestly say, as much as I enjoy my LE, the Pro seems to be the better player after 30 plus plays on both of them. Final verdict is a positive one for both models as I think majority of people will be happy with either one.
At the end around 12:50 the issues I've been having pretty much out of box for the LE are discussed and shown. If you're waiting on your LE or a Premium I'd recommend at least watching that end part so maybe the issues I've had you can prevent before they occur and be able to enjoy your game to its fullest.
If you don't want to watch the video, the reader's digest version is that the turtle van wasn't feeding correctly and balls would just stack up. At the same time, the diverter scratched up the backside of the plastic ramp and hit it with such force that it eventually dug into the plastic and would get stuck. I also had 2 node boards go out that controlled the upper playfield GI and the pizza disc motor.
My distro, Flip N Out / Zach, has been on it immediately though which is awesome.

Thanks Pro it is.

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Quality video, thanks!

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think so. I wish they never added them back.

I wish they added them back right. Cutting power to everything was dumb. What's the point?

#782 3 years ago

I have had issues when booting the game with the door open. Boot with it closed, then open, pull interlock, and go to menus.

Interlocks are dumb. They did without them just fine.

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I have had issues when booting the game with the door open. Boot with it closed, then open, pull interlock, and go to menus.
Interlocks are dumb. They did without them just fine.

CORRECT interlocks that just kill coil power are fine, they keep your fingers from getting smashed when testing the auto-launch switch, for example. But killing EVERYTHING like the new "why bother" interlocks do IS dumb.

#784 3 years ago

Took a little longer than anticipated, but LE 295 has arrived. I need to update the code, but this pin is legit! Gorgeous machine and I'm liking everything about it currently.

I do hope the eventual topper is not an afterthought.

IMG_3426 (resized).jpgIMG_3426 (resized).jpgIMG_3422 (resized).jpgIMG_3422 (resized).jpgIMG_3423 (resized).jpgIMG_3423 (resized).jpg
#785 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wish they added them back right. Cutting power to everything was dumb. What's the point?

Cutting the power to anything is dumb. Work on the game turned off.

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Thanks for the heads up on potential issues for LE or probably Prem models.

Anyone else experience same issues? For sure, I will check van to ensure ramp is situated correctly and check diverter to see if it's causing the issues he mentions in the video.

#787 3 years ago

wipinball , you may want to check before updating code, ours came with the newest code installed on the 3rd.

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it’s more for location use.
The lid of the coin box is metal.
I.E. if you’re taking it in and out all the time it prevents you from nailing something with the top of the coinbox and shorting the game.

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

wipinball , you may want to check before updating code, ours came with the newest code installed on the 3rd.

You're totally correct. Always happy to have less to do with a new machine!

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I think it’s more for location use.
The lid of the coin box is metal.
I.E. if you’re taking it in and out all the time it prevents you from nailing something with the top of the coinbox and shorting the game.

Fair point. Didn’t think of that.

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you test switches with the game turned off?

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

While it still 'works', I wish Stern would phase out of that legacy settings design into something better and easier to use. No more abbreviated settings text and split all the coil power settings into their own menu tree. There's a lack of consistency for system settings between games where some might have flipper power adjustments and others don't. Testing switches in Spike 2 has always been a PITA because there was no option to turn just the coils off for testing kickers, pops etc.

Rob

#793 3 years ago

Found a glitch I think, hold bonus doesn't work if you have an extra ball? Saw it twice.

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can’t. How are you at risk getting 50v sent through you testing switches?

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can’t. How are you at risk getting 50v sent through you testing switches?

With the non-switched Sterns if you wanted to test the shooter lane switch, you got your fingers slammed by the active auto-launcher. That one happened to me more than once. With the new-style, pointless cutoff, you lose power to everything, so you can't even test switches.

#796 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With the non-switched Sterns if you wanted to test the shooter lane switch, you got your fingers slammed by the active auto-launcher.

Why are you testing switches with your fingers?

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why are you testing switches with your fingers?

I'm a little slow, if that's not clear by now.

The better question is, why did you do this more than once, after Stern changed the interlock so this can happen?

But I did.

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thanks for the heads up on potential issues for LE or probably Prem models.
Anyone else experience same issues? For sure, I will check van to ensure ramp is situated correctly and check diverter to see if it's causing the issues he mentions in the video.

No problem. Still a fun pin, just want others to enjoy it without the potential headaches.

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Quality video, thanks!

I appreciate it. No problem!

#800 3 years ago

Just played a pro for the first time. A really fun fast shooting game! Multiball galore!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,500 (OBO)
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/16?hl=holden1090 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.