(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 336 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 241.
#8301 2 years ago

Installed my IC kit tonight and the very first thing I did was hit the triple krang, it didn't give me the achievement for it either.

#8302 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Installed my IC kit tonight and the very first thing I did was hit the triple krang, it didn't give me the achievement for it either.

That sucks, time to pop off the glass and take it back...

#8303 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

That sucks, time to pop off the glass and take it back...

Haha, its still pretty neat so far, just seems to be a common issue.

#8304 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

also - if you want the game to be more "fun", what i do for friends is make every episode you win give you an extra ball, also, set the MBs to easy and have 5 balls set up and everyone that gets on that table has a great time.
(only thing i wish was that Stern had "player" settings...so i didn't have to go thru the setting each time someone is coming over or my wife wants to play)

I might have to implement that extra ball for winning an episode. Sounds like a great reward. Do you happen to remember what that setting was numbered?

#8305 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I might have to implement that extra ball for winning an episode. Sounds like a great reward. Do you happen to remember what that setting was numbered?

What might be a fun little challenge game is setting the game to 1 ball (can you do that?) and enable extra ball per completed episode.

#8306 2 years ago
Quoted from Dustwel:

Was there ever any consensus or guide on how to handle the sword shooter rod issues? I’m on my second one and it only plunges halfway up the lane. Installing it was a PITA due to the screw closest to the side wall being tough to access. I’ve read you can swap the spring which I can do, just seems ridiculous it wouldn’t work out of the box.

Different spring didn't help me. The problem is that they used the same standard length shooter rod shaft inside the katana, but as you can see the katana sticks out further from the machine than normal, hence a greater distance from the ball when the tip is at rest. To combat this, I removed one of the washers from around the outer spring near the hilt. That shortens the position of the rod tip to the ball ever so slightly, which gives me plenty of power to make it all the way around. Granted I am pulling it back harder than a normal plunger, but once you get the feel it works much better. Hope that helps.

#8307 2 years ago

Sadly leaving the club tomorrow. Swapping Turtles pro for a really nice original AFM. Always wanted an AFM and they don't come up often over here and then you're lucky if you nab it.

I will miss Turtles, it was one of the only decent themes Stern have done in the modern LCD times. But I was finding it very frustrating to play.
I hope to get it back sometime when I'm a better player

#8308 2 years ago

v1.50 code here on a Pro with IC installed. I just watched it reboot for no reason while someone was playing it. Is this the software issue a lot of others are having or have had? It kicked three balls out of the turtle van when it finished rebooting so the issue is there somewhere?

#8309 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Sadly leaving the club tomorrow. Swapping Turtles pro for a really nice original AFM. Always wanted an AFM and they don't come up often over here and then you're lucky if you nab it.
I will miss Turtles, it was one of the only decent themes Stern have done in the modern LCD times. But I was finding it very frustrating to play.
I hope to get it back sometime when I'm a better player

Think you’ll soon find, AFM pretty boring and wish you had turtles back. The guy getting your TMNT is definitely getting the better end of the bargain.

#8310 2 years ago

Is there any reason to go with the Premium on my second go around with this pin? I had the Pro, liked it a lot, but kicked my ass. Generally speaking, I have nostalgia to get it back..and I will within the next week or two. Question is do I grab a Premium this time around? Is TMNT Premium situation similar to Deadpool Pro vs Premium, where the Premium isn’t required, but there are some QoL benefits that make the game flow/play/control better?

#8311 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Is there any reason to go with the Premium on my second go around with this pin? I had the Pro, liked it a lot, but kicked my ass. Generally speaking, I have nostalgia to get it back..and I will within the next week or two. Question is do I grab a Premium this time around? Is TMNT Premium situation similar to Deadpool Pro vs Premium, where the Premium isn’t required, but there are some QoL benefits that make the game flow/play/control better?

As with a lot of Borg games the Premium isn't a huge upgrade. The turtle van multiball and Krang toy are nice to have though. The glider diverter and pizza disc spinning in both directions aren't a big addition for me, but for some they might be (especially the glider). Also, 8 balls on the Premium compared to 6 on the Pro, which is pretty rare.

#8312 2 years ago

Pro all day.

#8313 2 years ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

As with a lot of Borg games the Premium isn't a huge upgrade. The turtle van multiball and Krang toy are nice to have though. The glider diverter and pizza disc spinning in both directions aren't a big addition for me, but for some they might be (especially the glider). Also, 8 balls on the Premium compared to 6 on the Pro, which is pretty rare.

Thanks. You control the diverted right? If so, shouldn't it be easier to complete the missions, since I can feed the flipper I need?

#8314 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Make sure you play a Premium if you haven't already. I finally played one after hundreds of games on my Pro and did -not- like it. The first Premium I liked less than a Pro!

#8315 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Asegúrate de jugar un Premium si aún no lo has hecho. Finalmente jugué uno después de cientos de juegos en mi Pro y no me gustó. ¡El primer Premium me gustó menos que un Pro!

+1, but if not diference the price take premium

#8316 2 years ago

Pro is nice too, but Premium all day long. Have shot both, but don’t kid yourself, the upgrades are not small.
1. Being able to change lanes via the glider is huge, at least for me. On the pro, always frustrating can’t do that on a tougher playing layout. Layout was meant to have the glider.
2. Ball lock in the Lair is also a game changer. pro doesn’t have that.
3. Krang toy puts you in the Zone and is such a fun addition. Can’t imagine the game without it.
4. TMNT van having 4 balls falling out of the van is just like the Ninjas all falling out to kick some Foot.
5. 8 ball vs. 6 ball, so much more fun, with all the kaos like 4 clan vs 4 turtles. Easier to hit all the required April shots with 8 balls to get to Cowabunga. (Even with that, I’ve not been there yet, lol.)
6. Both direction spinning disc really adds unique play to the game and is utilized not just during PMB, but during regular game play, which keeps the ball from going SDTM.

Think you’ll be happier in the long run with the premium all day long, imo. The differences are so many, they all add up pretty quickly to a better package, which is the way Borg fully designed the game to be at its best. But the pro is a great value, which you already know.

Tell us which way you go.

#8317 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Pro is nice too, but Premium all day long. Have shot both, but don’t kid yourself, the upgrades are not small.
1. Being able to change lanes via the glider is huge, at least for me. On the pro, always frustrating can’t do that on a tougher playing layout. Layout was meant to have the glider.
3. Krang toy puts you in the Zone and is such a fun addition. Can’t imagine the game without it.
4. TMNT van having 4 balls falling out of the van is just like the Ninjas all falling out to kick some Foot.
5. 8 ball vs. 6 ball, so much more fun, with all the kaos like 4 clan vs 4 turtles. Easier to hit all the required April shots with 8 balls to get to Cowabunga. (Even with that, I’ve not been there yet, lol.)
6. Both direction spinning disc really adds unique play to the game and is utilized not just during PMB, but during regular game play, which keeps the ball from going SDTM.
Think you’ll be happier in the long run with the premium all day long, imo. The differences are so many, they all add up pretty quickly to a better package, which is the way Borg fully designed the game to be at its best. But the pro is a great value, which you already know.

#8318 2 years ago

Does anyone happen to know where to get the stern servo motor part number 041-5148-00 I need the one that Stern makes because of the chip that is attached to it I have tried Marco and stern

#8319 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

I have premium and have only played Premium and CE. I can’t imagine playing without the ramp diverter, and Krang and van ball drop are awesome too. The ramp diverter especially comes in useful. A ton of shots need to be made off of the right flipper and it’s not easy to pass between flippers when held.

Just got JJP GNR last week and honestly still love TMNT Prem more.

#8320 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Thanks. You control the diverted right? If so, shouldn't it be easier to complete the missions, since I can feed the flipper I need?

Yeah you control the glider with the action button. I'm a lousy player so I don't really use it much, but like I said earlier it's could be a big upgrade over the Pro for some people.

Like all Stern's it all comes down to if you think the extras are worth the extra $2k for the Premium. I'm happy with mine but i also think I'd be just as happy w/ a Pro with the extra cash saved.

#8321 2 years ago

My biggest complaint with the premium is that you can’t feed the pops like you can on the pro, so bonuses are usually non-existent on the premiums.

However, the game has totally changed with the insider connected features. Leveling up your turtles permanently is the way this game should be played. I just wish there was a prestige option to entice players to reset their levels. That feature alone would give this game serious legs.

#8322 2 years ago

I had the game for about a year and a half and I do miss my Premium. The combos are some of the best in pinball but dang that ball is lightning fast. I think I had more Lazarus saves where the ball would be bouncing back out before I even noticed it went between the flippers lol. I would love to have this game back some day but I am still hoping for a Tron vault.

#8323 2 years ago

Added these blades yesterday.

2A5954A2-EFC3-4B43-8B7A-3BF92EBE10C2 (resized).jpeg2A5954A2-EFC3-4B43-8B7A-3BF92EBE10C2 (resized).jpeg33CD393A-E24F-4F6D-9C4D-A3DBF568BD03 (resized).jpeg33CD393A-E24F-4F6D-9C4D-A3DBF568BD03 (resized).jpeg
#8324 2 years ago

Thanks all. Man, ya'll got me thinking hard on the Premium now. I really miss this machine (my Pro), it's a tough shooter, but the theme is top 5 for me in pinball. If I do get the Premium however, I'm going to have to change out the t-molding, haha! The Red is terrible compared to the Lime-Green on the Pro, imo.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

I didn't know the Premium has a ball lock in the lair! It just feeds right through on the Pro. It also sounds like the action button has better usage, than the Pro. 8 balls would help more with the missions since this is such a tough shooter.

Quoted from Dustwel:

I have premium and have only played Premium and CE. I can’t imagine playing without the ramp diverter, and Krang and van ball drop are awesome too. The ramp diverter especially comes in useful. A ton of shots need to be made off of the right flipper and it’s not easy to pass between flippers when held.
Just got JJP GNR last week and honestly still love TMNT Prem more.

This is exactly what I had trouble with. Some games on the Pro, felt like I could never get the ball to the right flipper. So many shots needed on the left side/ramps/lair, but ball always seems to fall to the left flipper...and you can't backhand much on this table.

#8325 2 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

Different spring didn't help me. The problem is that they used the same standard length shooter rod shaft inside the katana, but as you can see the katana sticks out further from the machine than normal, hence a greater distance from the ball when the tip is at rest. To combat this, I removed one of the washers from around the outer spring near the hilt. That shortens the position of the rod tip to the ball ever so slightly, which gives me plenty of power to make it all the way around. Granted I am pulling it back harder than a normal plunger, but once you get the feel it works much better. Hope that helps.

Dustwel

This is spot on. And I have a few more tips.
I removed one of the washers and put on a smaller outside spring. This added a lot of the power back but then the ball was launching “weird”.

So I took a closer look and noticed the plunger was not hitting the ball dead center.

After adjusting so it was, it’s a lot better and really rips now.

So I’d recommend checking for and addressing both issues of you have them.

It’s likely both reach and targeting.

#8326 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Thanks all. Man, ya'll got me thinking hard on the Premium now. I really miss this machine (my Pro), it's a tough shooter, but the theme is top 5 for me in pinball. If I do get the Premium however, I'm going to have to change out the t-molding, haha! The Red is terrible compared to the Lime-Green on the Pro, imo.

I didn't know the Premium has a ball lock in the lair! It just feeds right through on the Pro. It also sounds like the action button has better usage, than the Pro. 8 balls would help more with the missions since this is such a tough shooter.

This is exactly what I had trouble with. Some games on the Pro, felt like I could never get the ball to the right flipper. So many shots needed on the left side/ramps/lair, but ball always seems to fall to the left flipper...and you can't backhand much on this table.

Exactly. Ball seems to land on left flipper more often that not. Especially frustrating when you’re trying to start team up multiball and can’t get the ball positioned right. You can backhand left ramp on some conditions but not always. Need cool flippers, freshly waxed table or newish balls lol.

#8327 2 years ago

Got IC kit installed yesterday. And I'm wondering about the train all turtles to level 2 achievement. I got all 4 to level 2, but the achievement didn't pop. Wondering if it's a glitch, or if they all need to be at level 2 at the same time. Yesterday when playing Leo, I got him leveled up to level 3. So I have 3 turtles at level 2, and one at level 3. I know the achievements will glitch sometimes. But, just wondering if this is a glitch or designed this way. I'll probably reset them all back to level 1 and level equally and see what happens.

#8328 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Got IC kit installed yesterday. And I'm wondering about the train all turtles to level 2 achievement. I got all 4 to level 2, but the achievement didn't pop. Wondering if it's a glitch, or if they all need to be at level 2 at the same time. Yesterday when playing Leo, I got him leveled up to level 3. So I have 3 turtles at level 2, and one at level 3. I know the achievements will glitch sometimes. But, just wondering if this is a glitch or designed this way. I'll probably reset them all back to level 1 and level equally and see what happens.

It is glitchy bit you'll get the achievement eventually, no need to reset. It's just kind of slow but it will just appear randomly as you play more after you've already leveled them for a bit.

#8329 2 years ago

Ok cool, it would be annoying if you had to have them all at the exact same level at the same time.

Off to go play, hopefully it'll pop.

#8330 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

It is glitchy bit you'll get the achievement eventually, no need to reset. It's just kind of slow but it will just appear randomly as you play more after you've already leveled them for a bit.

For me, it finally registered the achievement when I started a 2 player game after having leveled all my turtles up.

#8331 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

For me, it finally registered the achievement when I started a 2 player game after having leveled all my turtles up.

Hey, come to think of it that sounds familiar. My son was really excited when he finally got the achievement and it was when we started a two player game. I think you are on to something.

#8332 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Hmm.... might have to try this tonight, as I leveled all turtles up to 4 a long time ago, and still don't have the achievement. I even reported the bug to Stern along with the Max Krang achievement not being awarded.

#8333 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hmm.... might have to try this tonight, as I leveled all turtles up to 4 a long time ago, and still don't have the achievement. I even reported the bug to Stern along with the Max Krang achievement not being awarded.

Try it out and let me know. It could have been a coincidence but maybe not. I also went and tried to play some two players games to get some of the other non-working achievements like the Max Krang Kombo but had no luck.

#8334 2 years ago

Apologies in advance for my physics ignorance. I have never been able to backhand the left ramp. To make it backhandable without increasing the flipper power, I need to make the playfield less steep right? What trade offs come with a less-steep playfield?

#8335 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Apologies in advance for my physics ignorance. I have never been able to backhand the left ramp. To make it backhandable without increasing the flipper power, I need to make the playfield less steep right? What trade offs come with a less-steep playfield?

Wide shots are easier with a steeper playfield so if you decrease pitch the orbits (especially right side on turtles in my experience) will become harder to hit

You can just experiment a bit and see what works best for you

#8336 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I've never been able to backhand the left ramp either...until I waxed it. Now it works. And yes, if you made it less steep it would be easier. If it were at .1 degrees all the shots would be makeable! But I'm around 6.5 and it works as-is.

#8337 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I've never been able to backhand the left ramp either...until I waxed it. Now it works. And yes, if you made it less steep it would be easier. If it were at .1 degrees all the shots would be makeable! But I'm around 6.5 and it works as-is.

I feel like this game benefits greatly from being able to backhand both of the ramps.

#8338 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

For me Raph is the go to Turtle if going for a big score, but I like Mikey if playing for progress/going for Team Up/Final Battle because that ball save lit at the start of the game can essentially function as an extra ball and I feel comfortable hitting both ramps to light my first episode. I'll use Leo if going for Neutrino Pizza Party.
Im curious why Leo is your "Cowabunga-Turtle."

Leo is my go to because I can almost always get my turtles to level 4 in a game, and Leo gives me all the extra time i need to get shots done for all the modes.

#8339 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I guess I'm lucky. I've always been able to backhand. Even when the table hasn't been waxed in ages. This game would play totally different if I couldn't backhand.

#8340 2 years ago

Yeah being able to backhand is a must. I actually have better luck backhanding the right ramp than I do going from the left flipper.

#8341 2 years ago

I can tell you that even though I still can't backhand that left ramp, adjusting the pitch has definitely made the game easier. I'm going to get out my digital level after lunch to see what the heck the pitch is even at. When I got it, I just leveled it side to side and made sure the bubble in the shooter lane was in the middle between the two marks.

Edit:
Just as a guess, I was probably at about 6.9. Front legs were not raised at all. After adjusting a little, my first measurement was at 6.7. Then with the help of my digital level, I'm now at exactly 6.5. Still can't backhand that damn left ramp as far as I can tell. But the shots seem much more forgiving. Not sure why I played it so long like that.

#8342 2 years ago

Also note that as the flipper coils heat up over time, you get flipper fade and the flippers will not be as powerful as when you first turn on the machine. So, I'm able to back in the left ramp pretty easily at the start of turning on the machine, but after 30-45 minutes it's almost impossible. You could possibly remedy it with flipper cooling fans.

#8343 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Try it out and let me know. It could have been a coincidence but maybe not. I also went and tried to play some two players games to get some of the other non-working achievements like the Max Krang Kombo but had no luck.

Hey, it worked! I started a 3 player game, accidentally as I meant to start a 2 player game. When I got to player 2, I leveled him up to level 2, and all of a sudden, I got awarded with the achievements for leveling all my turtles up. Thanks!!

#8344 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hey, it worked! I started a 3 player game, accidentally as I meant to start a 2 player game. When I got to player 2, I leveled him up to level 2, and all of a sudden, I got awarded with the achievements for leveling all my turtles up. Thanks!!

I can confirm that this works too

#8345 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Also note that as the flipper coils heat up over time, you get flipper fade and the flippers will not be as powerful as when you first turn on the machine. So, I'm able to back in the left ramp pretty easily at the start of turning on the machine, but after 30-45 minutes it's almost impossible. You could possibly remedy it with flipper cooling fans.

Thanks. I’ll keep tweaking. Are people backhanding that left ramp from a dead stop or do you need to flip it backwards up the inlane a little to get some momentum?

#8346 2 years ago

I trap up to to dead stop, let it roll barely down the flipper, then flip so that a barely miss upper flipper.

#8347 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

I trap up to to dead stop, let it roll barely down the flipper, then flip so that a barely miss upper flipper.

Same here, and definitely agree it's easier on early games before flippers heat up. It's a breeze right after a cleaning.

#8348 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Are people backhanding that left ramp from a dead stop or do you need to flip it backwards up the inlane a little to get some momentum?

Dead stop for sure. I've got PinMonk flipper fans and I still struggle to make the shot after playing for a while but have decent success early on. I'm gonna wax the playfield and the ramp this weekend and I'm sure that will make it more consistent.

#8349 2 years ago

I usually accidentally do the left ramp when I'm trying to backhand the lair shot.

I usually stop the ball. Then quickly flip to get it rolling back and then up the flipper a bit. Much like the Lair shot.

#8350 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I usually accidentally do the left ramp when I'm trying to backhand the lair shot.
I usually stop the ball. Then quickly flip to get it rolling back and then up the flipper a bit. Much like the Lair shot.

I have a hard time using the left flipper for the LAIR shot. Usually I raise the left flippers and bank the ball in with the right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/167?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.