(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 241.
#8201 2 years ago

Got my tmnt powder coated!

20220120_151833.jpg20220120_151833.jpg
20220120_151744.jpg20220120_151744.jpg
20220120_151542.jpg20220120_151542.jpg
20220120_151526.jpg20220120_151526.jpg
20220122_145325.jpg20220122_145325.jpg
20220122_145056.jpg20220122_145056.jpg
20220121_223212.jpg20220121_223212.jpg

Added 14 months ago:

The powder coat is Prismatic, clear vision over illusion green ice.

#8202 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsteph:

Sad when you are having a good game and have to pray the game doesn't take a dump on you...

Yeah, that is true. I could definitely see it happening in a tournament or something too.

I've been waiting for it to happen to try and see if I can get any sense of what was happening at that exact moment.

I believe the last time it happened to me, I had Turtle Power running and then hit the LAIR target and it crashed. But I'm not sure what state the LAIR target/2X PF/Training modes were in at the time. But that may have just been a coincidence. I've been thinking about trying to re-create it with some combination of LAIR and Turtle Power but haven't gotten around to it.

#8203 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow that is beautiful!

Is that something people just ship their stuff out to get powder coated? Or have someone local?

Or can we just buy replacement stuff that is already coated?

I'm very interested in doing something like this but don't have any local options.

#8204 2 years ago

So many issues with my LE . Was gonna try n switch out my broken diverter, but bailed cause it doesn’t look easy.. and then my lights starting doing this weird cycle during gameplay. My auto plunger doesn’t always make it into the van leasing to basically endless multiballs. Anyway,anybody know why the lights are doing this ? Node board ?

#8205 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

So many issues with my LE . Was gonna try n switch out my broken diverter, but bailed cause it doesn’t look easy.. and then my lights starting doing this weird cycle during gameplay. My auto plunger doesn’t always make it into the van leasing to basically endless multiballs. Anyway,anybody know why the lights are doing this ? Node board ?

only guessing here. i had something similar on my munsters, lights went dark and cylced up again. I had a shortage on one of my optos. Cable sheared off and did connect with other metal pieces on the playfield. This caused the node board to restart. Only a certain area was affected in my case.
But i am not sure how this could help you. Maybe check all cables if they are intact.
In my case it only happened when shooting to a certain area. Noticed anything like this?

#8206 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Diverter fix is super easy if you are swapping out for a new one, its just a few nuts that hold it down. If you are swapping servos its a bit more of a pain but still not a hard repair. There is a pinned thread here with instructions.

#8207 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsteph:

Well, I received a new CPU, SD card and had 1 crash so far on the latest code (1.50). Bug is still there, at least on the PRO. So far about 1 in 100 plays.
Sad when you are having a good game and have to pray the game doesn't take a dump on you...

Sure does. Actually I'm contemplating getting another, but the bug makes me stay away. Hopefully Xaqery is listening.

#8208 2 years ago

Just ordered an Insider Connected kit for my TMNT premium from Old Town Pinball. They have two premium kits left, pro's are out of stock.

https://oldtownpinball.com/shop-new/ols/products/stern-insider-kit-for-premium-machines

#8209 2 years ago

Hey folks! Does anyone have a problem starting the half shell challenge? I can see the turtles I’ve completed, but when I try and start the challenge it goes into a regular game.

#8210 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey folks! Does anyone have a problem starting the half shell challenge? I can see the turtles I’ve completed, but when I try and start the challenge it goes into a regular game.

are all turtles in color when you try?
how do you start the mode with start button or the button on apron?
a sorry lockdown bar

#8211 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

I've just went into the settings to keep it so all turtles are lit up so I can play it whenever I want. Never have had a problem. But I've never tried it with the setting turned off and you have to play as each turtle before doing the challenge.

#8212 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

are all turtles in color when you try?
how do you start the mode with start button or the button on apron?

The last time I tried it, all but one turtle was were in color. I start it with the apron button.

#8213 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

The last time I tried it, all but one turtle was were in color. I start it with the apron button.

i have do admit, i have also the setting in the menu to activate it at all times.

i think all turtles need to be colored that the mode starts correct.

#8214 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Yeah without that setting enabled. You need to play games as all 4 turtles to light them up to be able to start that mode.

#8215 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

"My auto plunger doesn’t always make it into the van leasing to basically endless multiballs. "

This happened to me and the issue was that my balls were magnetized and I didn't realize it. They didn't seem to stick to each other, but they were not launching up the ramp reliably. For this specific problem, I recommend replacing all your balls with something like these:
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=69

#8216 2 years ago

Got it, so it is a menu setting that needs to be adjusted. I'll look into it, thanks all.

#8217 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Wow that is beautiful!
Is that something people just ship their stuff out to get powder coated? Or have someone local?
Or can we just buy replacement stuff that is already coated?
I'm very interested in doing something like this but don't have any local options.

Thanks! My guy is local but you can ship to him. Message me if you're interested.

#8218 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Thanks! My guy is local but you can ship to him. Message me if you're interested.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I don't have extras so taking them all off my machine isn't really an option.

#8219 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I had this same light reset issue. For me, it was the diverter servo causing it. Try unplugging your servo from under the playfield and play a few games to see if your light reset issue goes away. Make sure you center your glider so you can still play the game normally.

In the end, I ordered a new servo from amazon, installed it and my game has been fine ever since. I put in a glider replacement order through my distributor over a year ago at this point and I'm STILL WAITING FOR IT.

#8220 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great! How do you like Insider Connected with the game? I just ordered a kit for my premium. The feature I'm looking forward to the most is leveling up the Turtles and having that carry over from game to game. Leveling up Turtles as it is without Insider Connected is fun but I can only seem to ever get 1 level or spend an entire game trying to get 2.

#8221 2 years ago

I am looking to add under cabinet lighting to my TMNT Pro. I am new to pinball and am looking for suggestions. Thanks!

#8222 2 years ago
Quoted from huntky:

I am looking to add under cabinet lighting to my TMNT Pro. I am new to pinball and am looking for suggestions. Thanks!

I am new to pinball as well (first time even replying) and I just installed under cabinet lighting to TMNT yesterday. I went with mezelmods. It was a pretty easy install.

#8223 2 years ago
Quoted from kstelzer:

I am new to pinball as well (first time even replying) and I just installed under cabinet lighting to TMNT yesterday. I went with mezelmods. It was a pretty easy install.

Pics or it didn't happen

#8224 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Pics or it didn't happen

That is why I felt obligated to reply, it was too much of a coincidence.

D4DA0C41-CDE7-44C2-BA11-BACCDBE157B2 (resized).jpegD4DA0C41-CDE7-44C2-BA11-BACCDBE157B2 (resized).jpeg
#8225 2 years ago
Quoted from huntky:

By far the easiest and cheapest is to use comet’s matrix system and replace a GI bulb with a matrix plug. You’ll be about $5-7 in. Plus shipping. So just get other products while there.

Alternatively, you could go all in. Set yourself up with a system that you can add speaker lights, leg lights, and under cab lights. I’m posting a DIY on how you can do that here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-guide-diy-addressable-strips-for-speakers-legs-cabs-etc

It can get costly if you buy every piece individually - and that thread will tell you what you need, but generally still less than the packaged price for someone selling JUST under cab lighting at a huge markup. However, I’ve been bulk buying as I’m doing all my games. I’m happy to put together a kit for you so you have the exact pieces and aren’t over buying. PM me or comment on other thread.

63C91DBA-0868-4846-829D-102604A74037 (resized).jpeg63C91DBA-0868-4846-829D-102604A74037 (resized).jpeg75EE06CB-D525-44AC-B02A-160A04FDD1BF (resized).jpeg75EE06CB-D525-44AC-B02A-160A04FDD1BF (resized).jpeg873185EB-8D3A-47A4-8548-56397CFBF86A (resized).jpeg873185EB-8D3A-47A4-8548-56397CFBF86A (resized).jpeg8C8D45CF-E130-43E4-95D0-C7DD72BBC39B (resized).jpeg8C8D45CF-E130-43E4-95D0-C7DD72BBC39B (resized).jpegBE1DDC70-DAA9-461A-AFC1-C03AD88D5A7A (resized).jpegBE1DDC70-DAA9-461A-AFC1-C03AD88D5A7A (resized).jpegE32AD602-86A8-4904-B22D-1DC846965AD2 (resized).jpegE32AD602-86A8-4904-B22D-1DC846965AD2 (resized).jpegFC0C1254-ED94-4623-A745-61AAA4F187E5 (resized).jpegFC0C1254-ED94-4623-A745-61AAA4F187E5 (resized).jpeg
#8226 2 years ago

So…all of the sudden my slingshots are very soft. I replaced the bands, bent the switches appropriately and turned up coil strength but they are still not as responsive as they were new. I’m avoiding replacing the switches themselves as it’s kind of a pain in the ass on this machine. Has anyone had this happen? Should I clean the contacts on the switches? Reflow solder? The lower right feels like it’s only getting an intermittent connection.

#8227 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…all of the sudden my slingshots are very soft. I replaced the bands, bent the switches appropriately and turned up coil strength but they are still not as responsive as they were new. I’m avoiding replacing the switches themselves as it’s kind of a pain in the ass on this machine. Has anyone had this happen? Should I clean the contacts on the switches? Reflow solder? The lower right feels like it’s only getting an intermittent connection.

Dremel between the switch contacts with a 443 attachment. It definitely won't hurt after the first use the attachment will turn into like a stainless steel ball shape clean switch contacts very good without filing them, just a quick hit on a lower speed is all you need. That could solve it but if it's both slingshots all of a sudden maybe a common coil wire or a plug on a node board.

#8228 2 years ago

Thanks! I’ll give that a shot

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Dremel between the switch contacts with a 443 attachment. It definitely won't hurt after the first use the attachment will turn into like a stainless steel ball shape clean switch contacts very good without filing them, just a quick hit on a lower speed is all you need. That could solve it but if it's both slingshots all of a sudden maybe a common coil wire or a plug on a node board.

#8229 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thanks! I’ll give that a shot

Don't use anything abrasive on leaf switch contacts because you will probably ruin them.

Put the old bands back on to see if the problem persists. Are the bands the same size and same type of material?

Rob

#8230 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

TMNT Premium was my first in-home pin. Acquired NIB, my family and I have enjoyed a ton of games and are (very slowly) improving our pinball skills.
We have really enjoyed it, but I am considering trading it for another pin. I only have room for one, and I think it's just time for a change and to try something new.
My question is how to value the pin given the recent Stern price increases? I'm likely looking for a trade if possible, which seems simpler (could trade for a JP or AIQ with similar condition and level of mods, for example). However, if it comes down to a cash deal I'm struggling to know where/how to start.
Advice more than welcome. (Yes, you might say I'm crazy for trading this pin, but until I try some others too I won't know!)

To answer an earlier comment, I don't think you'll see many pin rental options here in VT (I'm in Winooski)

To address the above, if it's still available for sale new (which I believe it is), list it for a few hundred dollars less than NIB if it's in near-new condition. That does leave the problem of an empty space that is abnormally difficult to fill right now with the pin shortages. If you decide to trade it, that takes care of both problems. Whatever your route, I'd recommend hearing out some offers as they start rolling in instead of jumping on the first one. I've made a couple of deals I regretted that were the first satisfactory offers, only to get better offers (more local, better trades) come in! But that's how it goes.

#8231 2 years ago

The problem is the same with the old bands as well as the new (I only replaced them because I noticed they were starting to tear) It’s definitely the switches, when I activate them by hand in switch test two of them are clearly less responsive than when new.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Don't use anything abrasive on leaf switch contacts because you will probably ruin them.
Put the old bands back on to see if the problem persists. Are the bands the same size and same type of material?
Rob

#8232 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The problem is the same with the old bands as well as the new (I only replaced them because I noticed they were starting to tear) It’s definitely the switches, when I activate them by hand in switch test two of them are clearly less responsive than when new.

An old trick is to use a business card to clean the contacts.

Rob

#8233 2 years ago

One issue I noticed yesterday is that Michelangelo does not light-up on the turtle selector. The other three work just fine. I've checked the connections and everything seems tight. Has anyone else seen this happen before or have an idea on what else to check?

#8234 2 years ago

Does anyone recommend any specific cleaning solution/method for the plastic ramps? I have the playfield looking pretty awesome but I'm not sure what to do with the ramps. Thanks!

#8235 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Does anyone recommend any specific cleaning solution/method for the plastic ramps? I have the playfield looking pretty awesome but I'm not sure what to do with the ramps. Thanks!

I think Novus 1 or any non abrasive acrylic cleaner should work well. I have a brand here called Brillianize that I use to clean my playfield protector and ramps. I use either a soft terry cloth towel or a microfiber towel. Usually, the microfiber to apply the solution and then the terry cloth towel to dry/polish.

#8236 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Novus 2 works well. It even works fantastic on cleaning metal parts.

Rob

#8237 2 years ago

My game locked up and had to be rebooted at the weekend. it was during a competition so I didn't see it personally but apparently the display locked up and went black where the animations go.
Does this sound like the same bug that people are talking ab

#8238 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

My game locked up and had to be rebooted at the weekend. it was during a competition so I didn't see it personally but apparently the display locked up and went black where the animations go.
Does this sound like the same bug that people are talking ab

Yes, mine would do that, always around or during Turtle Power Multiball.

#8239 2 years ago

I would love to see better integration of the action button on this game. Is there any other use than the Pizza eating contest, selection of your turtle, and launching the ball?

#8240 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I would love to see better integration of the action button on this game. Is there any other use than the Pizza eating contest, selection of your turtle, and launching the ball?

On the Premium and LE, you use it to flip your glider back and forth to alter the return path of your ball.

#8241 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I used it a lot more for pizza eating before the newest code update. I don’t know if that’s a bug or on purpose change in code but I hardly ever get it anymore. I miss bashing that thing!

#8242 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks great! How do you like Insider Connected with the game? I just ordered a kit for my premium. The feature I'm looking forward to the most is leveling up the Turtles and having that carry over from game to game. Leveling up Turtles as it is without Insider Connected is fun but I can only seem to ever get 1 level or spend an entire game trying to get 2.

Thanks! I love IC, it totally changes the game. Leveling up the turtles and retaining the level makes it worth it alone!

#8243 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yes, mine would do that, always around or during Turtle Power Multiball.

Mine did this as well with turtle power multi as well. Latest code is installed, no insider connected. I picked Donatello, had April hurry up running as well. Hit all my initial jackpots and then bricked the game when I missed the super jackpot off of the left bumper layer target. Had to restart. Hope this helps Dwight with bugs. I’m never Donnie and I’ve played a ton on the code with the other turtles. Maybe it’s tied to him?

#8244 2 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Mine did this as well with turtle power multi as well. Latest code is installed, no insider connected. I picked Donatello, had April hurry up running as well. Hit all my initial jackpots and then bricked the game when I missed the super jackpot off of the left bumper layer target. Had to restart. Hope this helps Dwight with bugs. I’m never Donnie and I’ve played a ton on the code with the other turtles. Maybe it’s tied to him?

I think it's been documented to happen with other Turtles as well, personally I've mostly seen it playing as Donatello, but maybe that is just because Turtle Power is more likely when playing as him. My sense is that the issue relates to Turtle Power + APRIL HU, maybe involving the LAIR Target awards as well. But that is FAR from being well tested, let alone re-created.

#8245 2 years ago

Stern fix the crash!!!!

#8246 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I used it a lot more for pizza eating before the newest code update. I don’t know if that’s a bug or on purpose change in code but I hardly ever get it anymore. I miss bashing that thing!

I posted about this before, but haven't seen any other feedback. I am of firm belief that 1.50 code broke foot challenge and pizza eating contest repeating. Both seem to only happen once and then do not come back after completed. The pizza eating contest will also not start after Ninja Pizza MB unless it was ready before going into Ninja Pizza MB. I'm very interested to know if anyone else has observed this. All the location TMNT2 pins near me have been sold or put in storage or don't have 1.50. I know both features as repeatable on 1.41. I have not played any older versions of the code and don't see this noted in the release notes.

#8247 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Stern fix the crash!!!!

Did they? I don't see new code?

#8248 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Did they? I don't see new code?

Sounds like more of a command than a statement

#8249 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Sounds like more of a command than a statement

oh yeah I mis-read 'fix' for fixed. Wishful thinking lol

#8250 2 years ago

Stern, fix the damn crash already!!

There we go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/165?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.