(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,846 posts
  • 654 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by beltking
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 240 votes
    49%
  • Premium 134 votes
    28%
  • LE 113 votes
    23%

(487 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

07024C7A-5BF0-4738-B29A-CD9E2FC74B55 (resized).jpeg
FA5B9AB2-FCAF-4A97-8AAE-CE3F494333E1 (resized).jpeg
318FCC5F-EA73-4F81-A48E-9A685BCC5380 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
66812788851__5B7D9A20-FB69-4D82-A660-73C42084F388 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
16509224040335550251313738346749 (resized).jpg
DEA5A88E-F555-496D-8C8D-F77B18DC5A93 (resized).jpeg
20220415_200605 (resized).jpg
TMNT Lair Lock (resized).png
20220418_193154 (resized).jpg
A60F96D8-1ABF-4188-B4D6-6E50FA21EB36 (resized).jpeg
4E5DEF80-B125-4C2E-9B1B-A16BBC4922BF (resized).jpeg
9AB4CF56-F594-43EB-B843-B024635578F7 (resized).jpeg
61CC98AF-A286-4791-8125-839D176C978D (resized).jpeg
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 177.
#8151 4 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

According to a stream from Dead Flip, Zombie Yeti is creating new artwork for the QR code for all games that didn't ship with Insider Connected. I know it looks ugly now, but he's working on a new overlay to replace the red for TMNT, IM, etc. Doubt they will be free - Stern will likely sell them.
I plan to keep the QR reader hidden inside the cab loosely until they release the overlays. The red is just too ugly.

That would be great. Though I'm not 100% sold on it being in the apron. But some new art may convince me.

#8152 4 months ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

That being said, there are some that have tested it out and it currently works. I think it'll probably remain a grey area as they won't officially support it. But I don't' think they'll go out of their way to prevent auto updates and such from screwing with your custom code SD cards.

Maybe. The only motivation for Stern to enforce stock code is if they decide to do an official leaderboard. It's impossible - there is no sensor to make sure the glass is on. I think they are very clear about being able to do leaderboard with "friends" which will likely be the extent of it.

The 1987 code (and I think most codes on machines) is simply replacing assets of the same length with other assets. I don't think Stern has a need/capability of auditing these assets. Pinball Browser really breaks down their code into the simplest form to allow you only to replace and not add. It would just piss off the people that buy machines from them. I could totally be wrong, but I don't think they are advanced enough to catch code mods nor would I think it would be a smart business decision.

#8153 4 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

Ive got 3 machines on one qr reader right now. Just finished putting it into the coin door last night.[quoted image]

That’s where they belong! But still ugly!

#8154 4 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Anyone still getting Turtle Power MB crashes on latest code? Have had it twice recently, both during co-op games. Hoping that maybe narrows it down a bit.

Yes, it's happened three times total now. Single and multiplayer games, v1.41 and v1.50.

#8155 4 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Yes, it's happened three times total now. Single and multiplayer games, v1.41 and v1.50.

That’s weird. I haven’t experienced that but I see many people discuss it on this thread. Have you tried reflashing the code to SD with pinball browser or Win32?

#8156 4 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

Ive got 3 machines on one qr reader right now. Just finished putting it into the coin door last night.[quoted image]

Where did you find Insider Connected? They seem to be sold out everywhere. Only available through pre-order

#8157 4 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

Where did you find Insider Connected? They seem to be sold out everywhere. Only available through pre-order

Not sure. A buddy of mine got it for his Mando, but because Mando isn't supported yet, he offered to lend it to me and I got carried away making it work for all my LCD games.

#8158 4 months ago

The plastic overlay sitting on top of the pizza target (with the TMNT pinball face) lost a screw underneath. Can someone please send me an image of their pizza target so I know what piece is missing?

EE7BB6A6-2C05-4782-B9C1-7FAE97A9AACA (resized).jpegF373EFFC-0A71-4FA7-AC89-3B911DD680DC (resized).jpeg
#8159 4 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

The plastic overlay sitting on top of the pizza target (with the TMNT pinball face) lost a screw underneath. Can someone please send me an image of their pizza target so I know what piece is missing?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your’s has no washer underneath the metal spacer which goes into that empty hole, with a nut on the underside.

2C965EB5-8426-4AF2-BBC1-3E000B2ED6B8 (resized).jpeg709D9B18-DB9C-48FA-B154-5172E6824F27 (resized).jpeg

#8160 4 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

How peculiar! Mine was like this too. I just grabbed some spare screws and washers and fixed it to the empty hole

#8161 3 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Yep I've also experienced this. Maybe scoring balance and all the low scoring vs other machines might get an update in the next code too? fingers will always be crossed til then!

Xaqery

#8162 3 months ago

Just got a turtles in my house and I got a question. I noticed whenever I hit a the inner loop the ball stops and goes into the bumpers. Is this normal? Not sure how I can Kang Combo if I can't combo. I have no idea when this gate is supposed to be open or closed

#8163 3 months ago
Quoted from Gentax:

Just got a turtles in my house and I got a question. I noticed whenever I hit a the inner loop the ball stops and goes into the bumpers. Is this normal? Not sure how I can Kang Combo if I can't combo. I have no idea when this gate is supposed to be open or closed

Check all connectors, it sounds like the post solenoid isn't working.

When I got mine a ball would get trapped in the lair because the post wasn't working. It was just a loose connection

#8164 3 months ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Check all connectors, it sounds like the post solenoid isn't working.
When I got mine a ball would get trapped in the lair because the post wasn't working. It was just a loose connection

Also make sure the stopper isn't stuck out.

#8165 3 months ago

As a FYI, all of my Technodrome Topper Mods have been purchased, and I will not be making another run unless 5 or more people are committed to buying.

Thank you to everyone who purchased one, and for everyone's support.

#8166 3 months ago

I can confirm there. I watched my partner play and after the plunge the white stopper would stay up. I had no idea this was a problem as i didn't know what it was supposed to go down. Is it only supposed to stay up for the plunge?

#8167 3 months ago
Quoted from Gentax:

I can confirm there. I watched my partner play and after the plunge the white stopper would stay up. I had no idea this was a problem as i didn't know what it was supposed to go down. Is it only supposed to stay up for the plunge?

I believe this post "comes up" when activated, not "goes down." I'd lift the playfield, loosen (don't need to remove) the mounting screws and see if you can better align the post with the hole it goes through. I vaguely recall someone else having this issue closer to release.

Edit: Make sure the post goes through cleanly without binding, you can manually push the post up to test it from the bottom side.

#8168 3 months ago
Quoted from Gentax:

It stays up for the plunge unless you hold the left flipper down.

#8169 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

As a FYI, all of my Technodrome Topper Mods have been purchased, and I will not be making another run unless 5 or more people are committed to buying.
Thank you to everyone who purchased one, and for everyone's support.

Picture?

#8170 3 months ago

Posting here for a brief update. I had the guy I'm renting the table from look at it who didn't even know what the issue was and we found out that the screws for the stopper were misaligned and that none of the previous owners even knew a problem was going on. Just got to the mini wizard mode for the first time after getting on it.

Thanks everyone!

#8171 3 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

That’s weird. I haven’t experienced that but I see many people discuss it on this thread. Have you tried reflashing the code to SD with pinball browser or Win32?

No, it happens so rarely I don't bother. It appears to be a known problem here, so I assume it's still glitchy coding. Glitchy v1.5 (!) coding.

#8172 3 months ago

Anyone know if there's a way to adjust the number of shots needed to start an episode (ie. one ramp instead of two, etc...)?

#8173 3 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

No, it happens so rarely I don't bother. It appears to be a known problem here, so I assume it's still glitchy coding. Glitchy v1.5 (!) coding.

It's weird. I see a few people mentioning that they get it every so often. But I've never experienced it on my pro. On either of my SD cards with separate codes.

Which makes it that much harder to track down and figure out what exactly is causing that issue.

#8174 3 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

Running into a new issue on my premium since the 1.21 update, but not sure if related. The glider is still moving around but it’s positioning is all off and sometimes will cause the ball to get stuck.
I tried calibrating/re-centering it through the service menu, but I can’t get the tail end of the glider to go all the way left.
Here are the position numbers for the coil when I calibrated/centered it.
Far left = 150
Left = 152
Center = 170
Right = 190
Far right = 208
The far left and left positions are way to close together. Both positions will catch the ball when it comes from the left. Anyone know a fix for this? Not sure if someone has posted about this already.

acons017 I am having the exact same issue as you did a year ago. My position numbers look very similar (each position within 2 of your values) and I can't get the glider to move far enough left to clear the ball track. In addition, the glider sometimes doesn't move when I'm running the glider tests.

I'm figuring that I need to replace the servo as described in several other messages (HS-645MG from servocity.com with counter-clockwise wiring). I'll probably check with Stern tech support just in case, but I'm the second owner of my machine so I don't know if they'd replace the glider like they said they would for you.

But I'm just wondering, what ended up being your resolution? Did Stern replace the entire glider for you or suggest some sort of calibration fix?

#8175 3 months ago
Quoted from ag83:

acons017 I am having the exact same issue as you did a year ago. My position numbers look very similar (each position within 2 of your values) and I can't get the glider to move far enough left to clear the ball track. In addition, the glider sometimes doesn't move when I'm running the glider tests.
I'm figuring that I need to replace the servo as described in several other messages (HS-645MG from servocity.com with counter-clockwise wiring). I'll probably check with Stern tech support just in case, but I'm the second owner of my machine so I don't know if they'd replace the glider like they said they would for you.
But I'm just wondering, what ended up being your resolution? Did Stern replace the entire glider for you or suggest some sort of calibration fix?

Stern will replace the glider but to do this you have to go through a distributor. If they wont replaced it just buy the servo and rock on. Its a easy swap if you have some mechanical abilities

#8176 3 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Your’s has no washer underneath the metal spacer which goes into that empty hole, with a nut on the underside.

Thanks for these images man. This is helpful. Screwing the nut underneath is going to be a pain.
Will work on it today.

#8177 3 months ago
Quoted from ag83:

It's a very common problem. A replacement glider fixed my issue. I've had the glider replaced twice by Stern so far for the same problem, and now I'm waiting on my 3rd for a different glider issue (where it sags back).
Since I bought it new from a distributor, I had to go directly through my distributor to get a replacement part for free. They contact Stern on my behalf and Stern ships me the replacement part. Since you didn't buy it from a distributor, I'm not too sure of the process but I agree that contacting Stern is the best option. Likely you can get a replacement at a cost.

I've seen people buy a servo off of Amazon to replace it and seems to do the trick, but I never had to go that route so can't really comment on how effective it is.

Stern tech support are good people, but a super small team and (I assume) overloaded. If you can't get ahold of anyone in tech support you may want to try the sales line to see if they can help get you a replacement part.

#8178 3 months ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Stern will replace the glider but to do this you have to go through a distributor. If they wont replaced it just buy the servo and rock on. Its a easy swap if you have some mechanical abilities

Have you installed a servo replacement? I noticed that the servo on Amazon linked on this thread is of a better quality than what Stern includes in TMNT. Wondering if it's more reliable than getting another glider replacement from Stern.

#8179 3 months ago

so occasionally I lose the ball after landing a proper lair shot and instead of doing the training skillshot I just get a drain. I heard there's a special Lair ball saver but I have no idea where to find that feature or how to do it.

#8180 3 months ago
Quoted from Gentax:

so occasionally I lose the ball after landing a proper lair shot and instead of doing the training skillshot I just get a drain. I heard there's a special Lair ball saver but I have no idea where to find that feature or how to do it.

Not sure where it is specifically, but it’s in the feature adjustments somewhere.

#8181 3 months ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Has anyone ordered the mezel mods 3d technodrome? was curious how strong it is. Its a cool piece but for $80 I wanna make sure a pinball hitting it wont put a hole in it.

Yes and I have had no issues. Installed it a few months back and it really pops! Recommend it if you haven't already.

#8182 3 months ago

Not a problem on my game. MEZEL makes some great mods and the tecnodome is one of them.

#8183 3 months ago

my tmnt pro went dead after tp multi ball... must be a bug

#8184 3 months ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

my tmnt pro went dead after tp multi ball... must be a bug

yes very strange with multiball bug, i hope they do find the problem. I could not nail it down when it happens.
sometimes i will not see errors for weeks, then again 2 times on a day.

what i can only remember is that it most happens when i got a blast of a game going.

#8185 3 months ago

Question about lair lock bonus during multi ball. I see that it shows up on screen as lair lock 1x, but not sure what it is exactly effecting. It’s one of my favorite things to do during multi, but not sure it is actually worth it pending the scoring benefit.

#8186 3 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

yes very strange with multiball bug, i hope they do find the problem. I could not nail it down when it happens.
sometimes i will not see errors for weeks, then again 2 times on a day.
what i can only remember is that it most happens when i got a blast of a game going.

Does anyone know if they're collecting bug reports through insider connect? Maybe that would allow them to diagnose the root cause?

#8187 3 months ago

I have also experienced TP multiball weirdness on my Premium since updating to code 1.5. It's not every time. During TP multiball when you drain down to the last couple of balls, the trough eject shoots them back up to reload the Turtle Van, but for some reason the diverter is not activated and the balls keep coming back into play well after the ball save has stopped, even well into single ball play. When I shoot them back up the right ramp though, it usually catches them at that point.

I've noticed this also during Ninja Pizza MB, particularly when I have 3 gummy bear toppings (which adds a ball for each) and the 3 extra balls come from the turtle van, not the trough (since there are only 2 down inside the trough). It's very strange. Glad it's not just me.

#8188 3 months ago

TMNT Premium was my first in-home pin. Acquired NIB, my family and I have enjoyed a ton of games and are (very slowly) improving our pinball skills.

We have really enjoyed it, but I am considering trading it for another pin. I only have room for one, and I think it's just time for a change and to try something new.

My question is how to value the pin given the recent Stern price increases? I'm likely looking for a trade if possible, which seems simpler (could trade for a JP or AIQ with similar condition and level of mods, for example). However, if it comes down to a cash deal I'm struggling to know where/how to start.

Advice more than welcome. (Yes, you might say I'm crazy for trading this pin, but until I try some others too I won't know!)

#8189 3 months ago
Quoted from Vermont:

TMNT Premium was my first in-home pin. Acquired NIB, my family and I have enjoyed a ton of games and are (very slowly) improving our pinball skills.
We have really enjoyed it, but I am considering trading it for another pin. I only have room for one, and I think it's just time for a change and to try something new.
My question is how to value the pin given the recent Stern price increases? I'm likely looking for a trade if possible, which seems simpler (could trade for a JP or AIQ with similar condition and level of mods, for example). However, if it comes down to a cash deal I'm struggling to know where/how to start.
Advice more than welcome. (Yes, you might say I'm crazy for trading this pin, but until I try some others too I won't know!)

Fold it up store it for a while.
You could rent for a bit to try out different pins with the family in your home.
Or buy new game and sell the one your not happy with After a month or so! Or swap them out every so often keeping one stored based on your “ room “ circumstances !
You have options!

#8190 3 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Fold it up store it for a while.
You could rent for a bit to try out different pins with the family in your home.
Or buy new game and sell the one your not happy with After a month or so! Or swap them out every so often keeping one stored based on your “ room “ circumstances !
You have options!

Thanks for the alternative ideas and quick response.

In Vermont, I don't believe I have easy 'rent' options, but I should validate that for sure.

I won't be just storing it to buy another, though - I don't want to tie up capital for two machines. I do believe my best path is to trade for a different machine, and then do that again when it is once again time for a change.

#8191 3 months ago

Anyone from Stern plan on fixing the multiball game crashes? I feel like that would be a priority. It would be nice to know someone is looking into it.

#8192 3 months ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Anyone from Stern plan on fixing the multiball game crashes? I feel like that would be a priority. It would be nice to know someone is looking into it.

Im sure theyre looking into it, but it's a hard to repeat bug so how do you identify the issue if you can't recreate it?

#8193 3 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

Im sure theyre looking into it, but it's a hard to repeat bug so how do you identify the issue if you can't recreate it?

I don't care how long someone needs to play it getting multiball and recording what's running if thats how they narrow it down. Just do it. And let us know you're working on it, small fortunes we're paid for these things. Time was spent adding things and tuneing things in the code that could have been used searching/fixing this game crash.

#8194 3 months ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Question about lair lock bonus during multi ball. I see that it shows up on screen as lair lock 1x, but not sure what it is exactly effecting. It’s one of my favorite things to do during multi, but not sure it is actually worth it pending the scoring benefit.

this is the best, it gives you the opportunity to focus one ball on the achievements available whjile the lair holds on to the second ball, i think its for 20 or 25 seconds? not sure. But i know this is typically how i end up getting the triple mondo cause FUCK if that ain't the hardest.

#8195 3 months ago

I wish there was some way to compare logs. Because my machine (Pro) has never had the TP Multiball crash.

#8196 3 months ago

I wish there was some way to compare logs. Because my machine (Pro) has never had the TP Multiball crash.

My Pro had it frequently when I first got it, but here's the weird thing: It seemed to lessen over time, almost like the error that caused the crash was self healing in some strange way. It would start again with a fresh update, but then the same thing would happen and it would diminish in frequency over time. Very, very, strange.

#8197 3 months ago

I've also never encountered the issue. Premium, got the machine with 1.40, ran 1.41 for a good while, now on 1.50 (although I regret updating, I don't have or want an IC) My roommate mostly pics Donatello, so fair amount of TP Multiballs. I generally do it once a game as well. But yeah, never seen it crash. I had a long boot once. :\ Sorry isn't helpful, just adding my 2¢.

#8198 3 months ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

I've also never encountered the issue. Premium, got the machine with 1.40, ran 1.41 for a good while, now on 1.50 (although I regret updating, I don't have or want an IC) My roommate mostly pics Donatello, so fair amount of TP Multiballs. I generally do it once a game as well. But yeah, never seen it crash. I had a long boot once. :\ Sorry isn't helpful, just adding my 2¢.

I had long boots and also multiple crashes on a Pro I had. Sometimes the center of the display would go black.

Somewhere in this thread, a person contacted Stern and was sent a new CPU and that solved it. I called Stern about the same, and as a first course of action then sent me a new SD card. That did the trick. Never had a crash after that.

Presumably the next step was they'd send me a new CPU but it wasn't necessary.

#8199 3 months ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

don't care how long someone needs to play it getting multiball and recording what's running if thats how they narrow it down. Just do it. And let us know you're working on it, small fortunes we're paid for these things. Time was spent adding things and tuneing things in the code that could have been used searching/fixing this game crash.

Fair point. But if they're gonna commit a bunch of time to the code, personally, Id rather keep the intermittent crash and have some score balancing or gameplay features balancing.

#8200 3 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I had long boots and also multiple crashes on a Pro I had. Sometimes the center of the display would go black.
Somewhere in this thread, a person contacted Stern and was sent a new CPU and that solved it. I called Stern about the same, and as a first course of action then sent me a new SD card. That did the trick. Never had a crash after that.
Presumably the next step was they'd send me a new CPU but it wasn't necessary.

Well, I received a new CPU, SD card and had 1 crash so far on the latest code (1.50). Bug is still there, at least on the PRO. So far about 1 in 100 plays.

Sad when you are having a good game and have to pray the game doesn't take a dump on you...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
6,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 8,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 177.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!