(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 240.
#8101 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

It can start anytime it's lit. Maybe your 2X Target isnt registering or something?

Thanks! I've hammered it a bunch and nothing changed, so I thought maybe it was mode specific or something. Time to take the glass off and prob around a bit.

#8102 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Does anyone have an issue where their glider is a little back heavy? Sometimes the tail of the glider hits the short metal wall because the back is sagging too much. Sometimes it’s tall enough to just pass over the wall (which I assume is what it was designed to do). It’s a bit annoying and halts ball momentum.

There is a philips head screw under the glider, you can get a small screwdriver bit with a 8mm wrench (i think) and tighten it down. It will take that slop out of the glider and help with the movement.
I have complained about it from the start, there is a metal sleeve the glider rotates on with a metal bracket on one end. if they were to add another metal bracket that would sandwich that sleeve it would take all the movement out.

I sent this to Stern on 1/6/21 and still no response

Hey Patrick and Pablo, hope you are all well at Stern. Have a quick question. I received the new glider assembly a few weeks ago and installed it with no problems. After a few weeks of play I noticed that the new glider is very sloppy. Most times it does not catch the ball and when it does it usually pinches it between the diverter and the ramp and waits for ball search to release. It's especially problematic during the final battle as when you start the neutrinos mode the ball isn't caught and it ends the battle. Here is a link to a video I made showing the slack. It is in the bushing and plastic somewhere and all the screws are tight.

#8103 2 years ago

Bummer! Just realized that it will be impossible to complete the Stern Insider Connected achievements for TMNT if you have a Pro, as some of them require premium features (mushroom lair lock and 8x multiball start).

#8104 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I agree with you here. I've tried everything in regards to silicone and polyurethane, and I've come back to stock rubber. Yeah, it might require more maintenance in cleaning and more frequent replacements, but I love the way it plays, and I'm here to play.

Silly question, but where can I find more of the stern rubbers? Looking to switch my super bands out and don’t mind going back to stock stern ones if it improves gameplay.

Also which rubbers did you swap out for Stern rubber? Post sleeves and flipper bands?

#8105 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

There is a philips head screw under the glider, you can get a small screwdriver bit with a 8mm wrench (i think) and tighten it down. It will take that slop out of the glider and help with the movement.
I have complained about it from the start, there is a metal sleeve the glider rotates on with a metal bracket on one end. if they were to add another metal bracket that would sandwich that sleeve it would take all the movement out.
I sent this to Stern on 1/6/21 and still no response
Hey Patrick and Pablo, hope you are all well at Stern. Have a quick question. I received the new glider assembly a few weeks ago and installed it with no problems. After a few weeks of play I noticed that the new glider is very sloppy. Most times it does not catch the ball and when it does it usually pinches it between the diverter and the ramp and waits for ball search to release. It's especially problematic during the final battle as when you start the neutrinos mode the ball isn't caught and it ends the battle. Here is a link to a video I made showing the slack. It is in the bushing and plastic somewhere and all the screws are tight.

Thanks man! Just bought this on Amazon and will give it a shot. I think a low profile screwdriver will do the trick since I suck with a wrench.

NEIKO 01323A Ultra Low Profile Offset Screwdriver Set | 5-Piece | S2 Steel | Phillips, Pozidriv, and Slotted https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GNPRRVZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_SBYQG34841GHKEPS4SF5

#8106 2 years ago

I’m struggling with a loud noisy grinding sound with the pizza. I applied some 3-in-1 oil to the metal part protruding from the bottom of the pizza but haven’t taken it apart yet to oil it more. I contacted Stern tech support today in case they had any extra wisdom.

Here are videos of the pizza moving different directions with the glass off:
-

-

I’m figuring my next step is to take the pizza apart and oil it. Does anyone see any other issues with the pizza in the videos that I should fix?

#8107 2 years ago
Quoted from ag83:

I’m struggling with a loud noisy grinding sound with the pizza. I applied some 3-in-1 oil to the metal part protruding from the bottom of the pizza but haven’t taken it apart yet to oil it more. I contacted Stern tech support today in case they had any extra wisdom.
-
-
I’m figuring my next step is to take the pizza apart and oil it. Does anyone see any other issues with the pizza in the videos that I should fix?

I'm glad you posted. My brother has a pro a d needs me to look at his because it's grinding.

#8108 2 years ago
Quoted from ag83:

-
-

At the top of this page click on “TOPIC INDEX (KEY POSTS)”. Make sure to load all 17 saved posts. Check out the grinding info post. Worked for me. Hasn’t come back after more than a year of play.

#8109 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Silly question, but where can I find more of the stern rubbers? Looking to switch my super bands out and don’t mind going back to stock stern ones if it improves gameplay.
Also which rubbers did you swap out for Stern rubber? Post sleeves and flipper bands?

If I'm buying black (or white) replacement rubber, the best I've found is sold by Marco Specialties, and it's stamped "PRW", which stands for Pinball Rubber Works.

#8110 2 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Bummer! Just realized that it will be impossible to complete the Stern Insider Connected achievements for TMNT if you have a Pro, as some of them require premium features (mushroom lair lock and 8x multiball start).

There are also some bugs where certain achievements dont seem to work, so Im guessing we'll need a code update to enable those ones as well. Hopefully that comes sooner rather than later.

#8111 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

There are also some bugs where certain achievements dont seem to work, so Im guessing we'll need a code update to enable those ones as well. Hopefully that comes sooner rather than later.

Or those achievements are meant to get you out into locations and play versions of the game you don't have. Even tho that doesn't make sense because you're more likely to see a Pro on location than a Premium.

#8112 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Or those achievements are meant to get you out into locations and play versions of the game you don't have. Even tho that doesn't make sense because you're more likely to see a Pro on location than a Premium.

I was specifically talking about ones that should work on the Pro but are currently not being awarded.

But I agree with you about Premium-only achievements and location play.

#8113 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

At the top of this page click on “TOPIC INDEX (KEY POSTS)”. Make sure to load all 17 saved posts. Check out the grinding info post. Worked for me. Hasn’t come back after more than a year of play.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I had seen that post and had followed those instructions, applying a bit of oil but not taking it apart.

I took it apart twice today, oiling a bit the first time and using more the second time. I actually thought I fixed it the second time because the pizza test I ran had no rattling/grinding for about 20 seconds. Then I started playing it and 2 games in, the issue was back.

I attached a picture showing where I applied the most oil (metal cylinder at base of part). Am I supposed to be putting oil between the pizza disc and the taped area? If so, what did you all do to get the oil in to such a narrow gap without dripping it all over the part?

The grinding noise is definitely coming from when the pizza does not spin freely and instead is rattling around. I can even notice the difference visually when it is rattling vs. when it is freely moving. It seems like oil will eventually fix it but my 3 attempts to oil so far haven't been enough.

Pizza (resized).jpgPizza (resized).jpg

#8114 2 years ago
Quoted from ag83:

Am I supposed to be putting oil between the pizza disc and the taped area? If so, what did you all do to get the oil in to such a narrow gap without dripping it all over the part?
The grinding noise is definitely coming from when the pizza does not spin freely and instead is rattling around. I can even notice the difference visually when it is rattling vs. when it is freely moving. It seems like oil will eventually fix it but my 3 attempts to oil so far haven't been enough.

If it's still grinding after oiling directly in these two specific spots, I would send a support email to Stern and ask for advice on next steps.

EDIT: I fixed my picture after seeing the post below...

where_to_oil (resized).pngwhere_to_oil (resized).png
#8115 2 years ago

Just have some paper towels in had so it doesn't drop all the way through and onto other stuff.

Here is another picture and I believe it shows an extra place to oil that the above image.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8116 2 years ago

Just have some paper towels in had so it doesn't drop all the way through and onto other stuff.
Here is another picture and I believe it shows an extra place to oil that the above image. [quoted image]

Oops. You're right. My left green line is in the wrong place. :/

I fixed my picture... but really, just use the picture that's posted above where the red arrows point.

#8117 2 years ago
Quoted from ag83:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I had seen that post and had followed those instructions, applying a bit of oil but not taking it apart.
I took it apart twice today, oiling a bit the first time and using more the second time. I actually thought I fixed it the second time because the pizza test I ran had no rattling/grinding for about 20 seconds. Then I started playing it and 2 games in, the issue was back.
I attached a picture showing where I applied the most oil (metal cylinder at base of part). Am I supposed to be putting oil between the pizza disc and the taped area? If so, what did you all do to get the oil in to such a narrow gap without dripping it all over the part?
[quoted image]

I actually oiled mine in the small hole of that cylinder you said you oiled. That got rid of the grinding noise when the disk spinner. I used 3 in 1 oil for that.

I recommend not disassembling the pizza spinner. I dismounted the pizza (which wasn’t necessary) and had a painful time trying to get the pizza level.

#8118 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I actually oiled mine in the small hole of that cylinder you said you oiled. That got rid of the grinding noise when the disk spinner. I used 3 in 1 oil for that.
I recommend not disassembling the pizza spinner. I dismounted the pizza (which wasn’t necessary) and had a painful time trying to get the pizza level.

Thanks for the help everyone! I ended up having to try 3 times today then I finally oiled it enough to get it to work (normal 3-in-1 non-automotive oil from the hardware store). Each time I progressively used more and more oil. The last time I also oiled the part between the pizza and the taped area by putting oil on a paper towel and sliding it in the gap. This was probably unnecessary and resulted in some oil getting on the playfield which I then wiped off.

After I did my initial testing I still heard the grinding. But I played a few games and eventually the grinding went away. It is still sounding good now after several more plays. I'm sure I did this the hard way by oiling too little then oiling too much, but I'm sure relieved that it is working now!

#8119 2 years ago

Yeah I'm not sure there is a way to have it completely gone. But the oil definitely helps after a few games.

#8120 2 years ago
Quoted from ag83:

Thanks for the help everyone! I ended up having to try 3 times today then I finally oiled it enough to get it to work (normal 3-in-1 non-automotive oil from the hardware store). Each time I progressively used more and more oil. The last time I also oiled the part between the pizza and the taped area by putting oil on a paper towel and sliding it in the gap. This was probably unnecessary and resulted in some oil getting on the playfield which I then wiped off.
After I did my initial testing I still heard the grinding. But I played a few games and eventually the grinding went away. It is still sounding good now after several more plays. I'm sure I did this the hard way by oiling too little then oiling too much, but I'm sure relieved that it is working now!

Awesome man! Enjoy!

#8121 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

We are thinking about picking up insider connected since there is the coin door mod. What achievements are glitched?

#8122 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

We are thinking about picking up insider connected since there is the coin door mod. What achievements are glitched?

So far I've seen:
A Team of Heroes (Complete 4 episodes ending with different Turtle shots)
Team April (Collect April Hurry Up During Team Up)
Super Looper (Collect Max Krang Kombo)
Double Krang (Collect Krang Kombo with 2X Pf)
Thorough (Train ALL TURTLES to levels 2, 3, and 4)

There's still another 7 Achievements I haven't done, so there could be more.

#8123 2 years ago

Yeah since seeing the coin door mod I'm actually considering buying an insider connected as well. No way I'm removing some of the apron art for that scanner.

#8124 2 years ago

Got a link to this coin door mod?

#8125 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Got a link to this coin door mod?

Here you go: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05569-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

That seller also has different ones if you own the volume nob/headphone jack by stern and pinball life. Has me super pumped that I don't lose out on those too.

#8126 2 years ago

Here you go: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05569-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount
That seller also has different ones if you own the volume nob/headphone jack by stern and pinball life. Has me super pumped that I don't lose out on those too.

So if I'm reading this correct it is just if you don't want IC on your apron? Why wouldn't you? Is it just an aesthetics thing?

No judgement, just curious.

#8127 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

So if I'm reading this correct it is just if you don't want IC on your apron? Why wouldn't you? Is it just an aesthetics thing?

Personally, I'd rather keep the stock apron w/ art rather than put in the new one and transfer art over. Especially because I plan on using one QR reader for multiple games and it wont necessarily stay in the same machine forever. I also think that the coin door is a logical place for it.

#8128 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I just don't like the look of the big scanner and distracting red sticker. It just feels so ugly and out of place. TMNT is a beautiful game.

Compared with the actual game art you'd be missing out on.

And for a personal game. I know what the QR scanner is for. I don't need it plastered all over it to let me know what to do.
Maybe for some location games that is fine. But not my personal game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8129 2 years ago

I agree with the comments above. Totally ugly on the apron. They need custom art and not the red stickers. Plus not crazy about the light coming from the apron. My wife and I have really had fun with IC on location machines in our area. But we both agreed that aesthetically we just weren't fans. I asked her last night if having IC on the coin door changed her mind or not with regards to getting IC, and showed her pics of the mod, and she said it totally changed her mind. Was all set to order kits and the mod, until I read there are achievement glitches. Now I'm back to being hesitant again.

#8130 2 years ago

I just don't like the look of the big scanner and distracting red sticker. It just feels so ugly and out of place. TMNT is a beautiful game.
And for a personal game. I know what the QR scanner is for. I don't need it plastered all over it to let me know what to do.
Maybe for some location games that is fine. But not my personal game. [quoted image][quoted image]

That sounds like an opportunity for a secondary market to make apron skins to cover some of the IC branding.

#8131 2 years ago

Would be cool if they could make that scanner apron over the IR reader the eye from the top of the technodrome. just saying

#8132 2 years ago

i shoot the ball from the upper left flipper up to the center ramp, but as the ball flies up and around , it flies off of the metal ramp and on to sdtm.. anybody else have this happen?

#8133 2 years ago

Yeah. There is a plastic protector from mezel mods that prevents that.

#8134 2 years ago

Recently got a TMNT Pro in trade from a friend. Really liking it, but it seems that about a 1/3 of the time (a LOT), a shot to the lair to start training (or other post up feature), comes out and ends up hitting the top of the lane guide between the two inlanes, and bouncing out the left outlane. So aggravating. Is there a fix for this? Crazy to get that kind of speed and backspin coming from a dead stop.

#8135 2 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Recently got a TMNT Pro in trade from a friend. Really liking it, but it seems that about a 1/3 of the time (a LOT), a shot to the lair to start training (or other post up feature), comes out and ends up hitting the top of the lane guide between the two inlanes, and bouncing out the left outlane. So aggravating. Is there a fix for this? Crazy to get that kind of speed and backspin coming from a dead stop.

There is a Lair ball save timer in settings

#8136 2 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

There is a setting to give you a short ball save as the ball leaves the lair.

#8137 2 years ago

Cowabunga!
TMNT.gifTMNT.gif

My 3D illuminated eye mod replacement for the Stern TMNT topper is finally complete and fully tested by a couple of TMNT owners, so I'm now making them available for purchase for $60 including US shipping (international shipping will be added if applicable). This initial run is limited to 7 pieces (2 of which are already spoken for and 4 additional spots are awaiting confirmation from pre-order interest). The remaining open spot for this initial run and any reservations that are cancelled or non-responsive by the end of today will be filled in order of PMs received (only those PM'ing me directly vs. posting in this thread will be placed in queue). I am more than happy to offer additional units, but will need to have commitments from at least 5 people and it will take an additional week or two to order the components and make the mods.

I will provide basic installation instructions, but be aware that some very basic soldering is ideal but not necessarily required (for best install you will need to solder the two leads to the large solder pads on one of the OEM LED boards of the topper.

Again, please PM me if interested in purchasing and to reserve your spot in the order queue.

Here is the ad with more details and photos: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/128063

7.jpg7.jpg9.jpg9.jpg11.JPG11.JPG

#8138 2 years ago

Will connect work with 1987 code mod

#8139 2 years ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Will connect work with 1987 code mod

1987 will work in theory with insider connect. Is it wise to do so -> no
There is the auto update function in Insider Connect that will/can overwrite custom code.
In future updates there may be checks for modified code and the machine could get blocked and you could get banned from insider connect.
There is a very high risc for combining insider connect and custom code.

#8140 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

1987 will work in theory with insider connect. Is it wise to do so -> no
There is the auto update function in Insider Connect that will/can overwrite custom code.
In future updates there may be checks for modified code and the machine could get blocked and you could get banned from insider connect.
There is a very high risc for combining insider connect and custom code.

That being said, there are some that have tested it out and it currently works. I think it'll probably remain a grey area as they won't officially support it. But I don't' think they'll go out of their way to prevent auto updates and such from screwing with your custom code SD cards.

#8141 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

So far I've seen:
A Team of Heroes (Complete 4 episodes ending with different Turtle shots)
Team April (Collect April Hurry Up During Team Up)
Super Looper (Collect Max Krang Kombo)
Double Krang (Collect Krang Kombo with 2X Pf)
Thorough (Train ALL TURTLES to levels 2, 3, and 4)
There's still another 7 Achievements I haven't done, so there could be more.

Has anyone else with insider connected experienced these achievement glitches as well?

#8142 2 years ago

Has anyone else with insider connected experienced these achievement glitches as well?

Yeah, good question. It could just be me, but I've so experienced glitches with Avengers and Jurassic Park that have been documented elsewhere.

#8143 2 years ago

I just got Max Krang Combo and didn't get the achievement. Nice...

#8144 2 years ago

Anyone still getting Turtle Power MB crashes on latest code? Have had it twice recently, both during co-op games. Hoping that maybe narrows it down a bit.

#8145 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Anyone still getting Turtle Power MB crashes on latest code? Have had it twice recently, both during co-op games. Hoping that maybe narrows it down a bit.

Happened once so far with the new code, 1 player regular game, during Turtle power MB.

#8146 2 years ago

Maybe for some location games that is fine. But not my personal game. [quoted image][quoted image]

I agree 100% now a good fix at home is to run it inside the door and if you have multiple games just running a cord to the one scanner instead of buying multiple. Insider connect is currently poorly optimized for home users but it’s early.

#8147 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I agree 100% now a good fix at home is to run it inside the door and if you have multiple games just running a cord to the one scanner instead of buying multiple. Insider connect is currently poorly optimized for home users but it’s early.

Ive got 3 machines on one qr reader right now. Just finished putting it into the coin door last night.

20220114_221024 (resized).jpg20220114_221024 (resized).jpg
#8148 2 years ago

I just noticed a weird thing, I have all 4 Turtles at level 4 but never received the achievements for level 2, 3 or 4. But I started at 2 Player game and it immediately awarded them.

I'm gonna try and play a few 2 player games and see if that will correctly award any of the other glitchy achievements like Max Krang Kombo or April HU during team up.

#8149 2 years ago

I keep getting the sense that someone (or something) is watching me.
IMG_7097 (resized).JPGIMG_7097 (resized).JPG

At this time I have 3 remaining available in this initial run, so please PM me if interested in purchasing one of the Stern Topper Technodrome illuminated eye replacements ($60 including US shipping), and I will fulfill on a first come, first server basis.

#8150 2 years ago

According to a stream from Dead Flip, Zombie Yeti is creating new artwork for the QR code for all games that didn't ship with Insider Connected. I know it looks ugly now, but he's working on a new overlay to replace the red for TMNT, IM, etc. Doubt they will be free - Stern will likely sell them.

I plan to keep the QR reader hidden inside the cab loosely until they release the overlays. The red is just too ugly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/163?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.