(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 242.
#8051 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Thinking of picking up the side armor for TMNT. Does anyone know if this requires you to drill into the outside of the cabinet? That would be a deal breaker for me :/
Also does anyone have pictures of these installed?
[quoted image]

I only used the holes that the regular rails used and that fit and sat just fine. Like you I wasn't going to drill holes into the side of the cabinet.
I honestly didn't like how they looked.

556e1c75779ed5d0323398314d2d786357197467 (resized).jpg556e1c75779ed5d0323398314d2d786357197467 (resized).jpg
#8052 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Let me start out saying I know no facts about how many Stern produces of each pin, but I've always figured maybe 1k-5k. 9000 units of a single pin in the first year of production seems unfathomable. I'm also pretty sure the serial numbers aren't going to be helpful unless we know the starting number, and confirmation that they build in order. My s/n of 321991 was built this fall. I'm not sure how you might want to interpret it, but I'm confident they haven't made 21,991 units. 1991 would be more likely. If someone knows something about any of this, please chime in!

Interesting. Yeah, it makes sense what you're saying. There's over 12,000 difference between our serial number if that helps. From what I've read and observed about my pf art, it's likely an early(ish) production.

#8053 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

Interesting. Yeah, it makes sense what you're saying. There's over 12,000 difference between our serial number if that helps. From what I've read and observed about my pf art, it's likely an early(ish) production.

Mine is definitely very early run and it is about 16000 less than the OPs serial number.

#8054 2 years ago

Has anyone been trying to earn the Insider Connected achievements?

If so, have you been able to earn the following:
-Collect April Hurry-Up during Team-Up
-Collect Max Krang Combo
-Collect Krang Combo with 2X playfield Multiplier
-Train all four turtles to level 2
-Train all four turtles to level 3
-Train all four turtles to level 4

Personally, I've done all of these without getting credit for them.

#8055 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

just about shat my pants. Anyone know what exactly happened here? I’d love to repeat this approach

Let's just shorten your post down to the important (funny) part

#8056 2 years ago

I didn't have to drill any holes for my side rails. I did buy recently, so late run might be different

#8057 2 years ago

Anyone know a fitting figure for the Pro Glider mod from Mezelmods?

#8058 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I only used the holes that the regular rails used and that fit and sat just fine. Like you I wasn't going to drill holes into the side of the cabinet.
I honestly didn't like how they looked.
[quoted image]

That looks sharp man. Why don't you like how it looks?

How many empty screw holes? Wondering if this creating spacing between the cabinet and the armor. Would you mind showing a zoomed in of the spacing from not drilling holes in the cabinet?

#8059 2 years ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Joined the club and got all the mods added in
[quoted image][quoted image]

How do you like the topper?

#8060 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Polly pocket mini turtle figure. Easily found on ebay

#8061 2 years ago

What post rubbers are people using?

I use perfect play on all my machines but the rubbers on turtles are wearing out already, I suppose its because they are thinner and the posts either side of the ramp get hit hard and a lot!

I thought the softer perfect play rubbers would be nicer than the rock hard black rubbers it came with but they barely last a month.

20211215_144528 (resized).jpg20211215_144528 (resized).jpg

#8062 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

What post rubbers are people using?
I use perfect play on all my machines but the rubbers on turtles are wearing out already, I suppose its because they are thinner and the posts either side of the ramp get hit hard and a lot!
I thought the softer perfect play rubbers would be nicer than the rock hard black rubbers it came with but they barely last a month.
[quoted image]

Superbands sleeves will last a lot longer than any Titan or perfect plays, especially on this game.

#8063 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

This is what I used:

1994 teenage mutant ninja turtles tmnt micro mini mutants ralphael 1" raph

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8064 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Has anyone been trying to earn the Insider Connected achievements?
If so, have you been able to earn the following:
-Collect April Hurry-Up during Team-Up
-Collect Max Krang Combo
-Collect Krang Combo with 2X playfield Multiplier
-Train all four turtles to level 2
-Train all four turtles to level 3
-Train all four turtles to level 4
Personally, I've done all of these without getting credit for them.

How did you connect your pro? I probably won't be having any of my games insider connected.

Rob

#8065 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How did you connect your pro? I probably won't be having any of my games insider connected.

Rob

A buddy got a Pro kit shipped to him for Mando, Mando isnt enabled yet so I he offered to lend it to me. Then I rigged it up to be connected to my 3 Stern LCD games by adding $7 microsd cards to my machines and switching cat5 cables connected to the qr reader based on which game I'm playing.

Im still not sure if the system will be worth it, but being able to try it out for 3 different machines is a nice demo for the time being.

#8066 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Aiming for a New Years Day Release

Looking forward to your fabulous new animations of April for our TMNT machines. Will really put the icing on the cake. Are you still going to release it on New year’s day?

#8067 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Aiming for a New Years Day Release

Donation will be granted and rewarded. Really nice work on that animation.

#8068 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Looking forward to your fabulous new animations of April for our TMNT machines. Will really put the icing on the cake. Are you still going to release it on New year’s day?

Yes! New Years Day release! The first original animation mod of its kind!

#8069 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

Donation will be granted and rewarded. Really nice work on that animation.

Here is a preview:

#8070 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Here is a preview:

Holy shit! So I can keep the game completely stock and just swap out these animations with yours? How much? Too lazy for a “take my money” picture .

#8071 2 years ago

Looks amazing!

#8072 2 years ago

wow, could Stern just license this from you and include on the next code update? Looks incredible.

#8073 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Here is a preview:

did i miss how to get this? How much do i need to pay? I'm sitting here with my wallet in hand!!!!

#8074 2 years ago

Introducing my new 3D TMNT flipper toppers (pictured in normal light and normal light with UV). Please PM if interested in purchasing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127220

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8075 2 years ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

wow, could Stern just license this from you and include on the next code update? Looks incredible.

That would be incredible.

#8076 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Here is a preview:

Stern… hire Scandell now

#8077 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Introducing my new 3D TMNT flipper toppers (pictured in normal light and normal light with UV). Please PM if interested in purchasing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127220
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like these, may have to swap mine out.

#8079 2 years ago

Great fun and awesome job on the animations! These take our TMNT to the next level for sure!! Can’t believe how much more appealing the animations are, having a good looking sexy April talking to us, instead of the high school artwork someone did in their spare time at Stern, lol. Such a difference it makes! Big thanks Scandell!

#8080 2 years ago

I dislike the April animations as much as anyone else. However, I would just be careful about putting altered rom images on your game. The EULA forbids it of course, but there's more risk to it than that:

'You will not use or install any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software. Use of Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software may result in your Stern Pinball Machine ceasing to work permanently and/or losing access to Stern Pinball’s online game network, either immediately or after a later installed Authorized Update.'

In order to keep the integrity of Insider Connected in place, I would imagine at some point that games with modified code will become automatically blacklisted from online connections. I don't think it's a question *if* Stern takes a tougher stance, just a question of *when*.

I don't want to debate the good or bad, just trying to remind everyone of the potential risk.

Rob

#8081 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I dislike the April animations as much as anyone else. However, I would just be careful about putting altered rom images on your game. The EULA forbids it of course, but there's more risk to it than that:
'You will not use or install any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software. Use of Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software may result in your Stern Pinball Machine ceasing to work permanently and/or losing access to Stern Pinball’s online game network, either immediately or after a later installed Authorized Update.'
In order to keep the integrity of Insider Connected in place, I would imagine at some point that games with modified code will become automatically blacklisted from online connections. I don't think it's a question *if* Stern takes a tougher stance, just a question of *when*.
I don't want to debate the good or bad, just trying to remind everyone of the potential risk.
Rob

This is a valid point.

#8082 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

yes a very valid point.
Custom images seem to be working for now on offline games.
Nobody knows what will happen in the future or when the games are connected via insider connected.
also insider connected has the automatic update function that will remove most of custom content on updates.
I would never connect a custom game via insider connected or do a partial update via the usb update function.

#8083 2 years ago

A couple of months ago I presented the 3D printed illuminated Technodrome topper mod I was working on at the time. The owner who commissioned this lives in Australia, and after 3+ months of shipping issues he finally received and installed it. Based upon his experience a few modifications were required (which I have performed), and now I'm ready to test the new design (unfortunately, I do not have access to a TMNT pin).

Instead of going through the time and expense working with someone in Australia, I'd like to work with someone in the US if there is any interest (the closer to Texas the better from a timing perspective, but not a requirement). When I initially release these topper Technodromes for purchase I will only be doing a run of 5 (what I have components for at this time) and the cost will be $60 including US shipping. However, for the first person who is willing to work with me to purchase and test the updated design, I will offer a significant discount in exchange for prompt feedback and installation photos/comments I can use to help those who purchase the mod.

Whoever PM's me first and is willing to purchase today once we finalize details will be who I work with. My expectation is to knock everything out in a week or less then offer the 5 $60 spots on a first come, first serve basis (if you want to be on this list you can also go ahead and PM me).

Just to be clear, this is a mod that replaces the stock official Stern topper Technodrome. To connect you will either alligator clip (included with mod) or solder the leads from the mod onto one of the existing topper LED boards.

Here are a couple photos of the actual mod. Sorry, about having to show it on top of a Getaway, but wanted to give a player's perspective (note that it is sitting at an upward angle on top of the beacon light and will be more straightforward when actually installed on the TMNT topper).
0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg00 (resized).jpg00 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

#8084 2 years ago

Enthused about the software mod and there is no violation, because no money was charged for this mod. Stern may render it unusable if you hook it up to their gaming system, but it will make the game feel cleaner, looks soooo much better and more professional, judging by the video Scandell demoed here. This is one of the best mods in the modding community. A totally untapped market for us enthusiasts that want our games to reflect the best in fun and entertainment. Very excited to see more cleaned up and professional renditions. It appears Scandell did a tremendous amount of work on this one.

#8085 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Kill my warranty all day, worth it for this Mod! I have to fix everything manually anyways and the warranty situations i HAVE had to go thru Stern have always been like pulling teeth when i could just buy the part and replace it in half the time. Insider Connect doesn't interest me. Currently have no interest in adding it to any home machine. But you are right, good or bad, it could impact your warranty.

#8086 2 years ago

On the new code, 1.50.0, has anyone noticed you cannot do pizza eating contest after NPMB unless it was lit before you start NPMB? I haven't tried to do more than one contest before multipball, may try tonight. I had a blow out game last night and had over 90 pizza's eaten without getting the second or third hurry ups. I did get the extra ball at 55 and the first hurry up before the NPMB. Anyone else notice this?

#8087 2 years ago

I’m back to getting wild air balls again from the right side target next to the left ramp, I pulled the problem target and the Swinks bracket mod is still at the correct 5 degree angle.

I am seeing that the tall metal piece that rises vertically behind the target has a slight backwards bend. I assume this is supposed to be perfectly straight right? With both ends on a flat surface, there is light coming through underneath.

I have a vice. Should I give it some hammer whacks to try to bend it more straight or even pitch it a tiny bit forward?

EDIT:
swinks Have you seen this kind of bending from users on other games like Ghostbusters? Also, wondering the best way to bend this metal back into shape. Any suggestions?

Answering my own question here... I clamped down on the end of the part with a table-mounted vice and gave it a few sharp whacks with a hammer to bend it in the opposite direction.

D428BDB7-8473-4003-8D6C-903C4DF097E2 (resized).jpegD428BDB7-8473-4003-8D6C-903C4DF097E2 (resized).jpeg

#8088 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I’m back to getting wild air balls again from the right side target next to the left ramp, I pulled the problem target and the Swinks bracket mod is still at the correct 5 degree angle.
I am seeing that the tall metal piece that rises vertically behind the target has a slight backwards bend. I assume this is supposed to be perfectly straight right? With both ends on a flat surface, there is light coming through underneath.
I have a vice. Should I give it some hammer whacks to try to bend it more straight or even pitch it a tiny bit forward?
EDIT:
swinks Have you seen this kind of bending from users on other games like Ghostbusters? Also, wondering the best way to bend this metal back into shape. Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

No I have not heard about this before, but that bracket should be straight.

With having that slight bend backwards - does show that the target is taking some powerful shots but also explain re-introduction of airballs as well. If you could straighten it that would solve the issue, just don't bend too much the otherway 1-2 degrees should be ok. Also remember the swinks bracket also lifts the target up by 2mm keeping the ball impact below the target rivet as that is part of the airball issue as well.

#8089 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

No I have not heard about this before, but that bracket should be straight.
With having that slight bend backwards - does show that the target is taking some powerful shots but also explain re-introduction of airballs as well. If you could straighten it that would solve the issue, just don't bend too much the otherway 1-2 degrees should be ok. Also remember the swinks bracket also lifts the target up by 2mm keeping the ball impact below the target rivet as that is part of the airball issue as well.

Awesome. Thanks swinks ! I did bend that part back straight and then about another two degrees more (I got greedy), which was too much. The extra forward angle prevented the target from activating. So I bent it back about a half - splitting the distance and keeping a very slight pitch forward. After that, I still had to adjust the target's leaf switch ever so slightly to compensate and ensure it fires with even a light hit.

That target now has taken some hard direct hits in the last two games and airballs which were nearly 100% certain for the past couple months are gone again. I hope I don't need to mess with it again for a while. Without the swinks angled bracket, I'm pretty sure no amount of angling my bent part would fix my airballs.

#8090 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Awesome. Thanks swinks ! I did bend that part back straight and then about another two degrees more (I got greedy), which was too much. The extra forward angle prevented the target from activating. So I bent it back about a half - splitting the distance and keeping a very slight pitch forward. After that, I still had to adjust the target's leaf switch ever so slightly to compensate and ensure it fires with even a light hit.
That target now has taken some hard direct hits in the last two games and airballs which were nearly 100% certain for the past couple months are gone again. I hope I don't need to mess with it again for a while. Without the swinks angled bracket, I'm pretty sure no amount of angling my bent part would fix my airballs.

great to hear

#8091 2 years ago

Does anyone else have a rough exit from the right ramp?
Mine seems to ricochet off the left orbit making any shot off the upper left flipper almost impossible.

#8092 2 years ago

Went back to stock Stern posts/rubbers and wow, what a difference! Games plays soooo much better, than silicon imo. I can now complete more episodes and make it to FB more often than before. Love the TMNT GUI red, green, and white lighting. The shot combos are so fun. The upgraded central announcer, April O’Neil by Scandell is a game changer and makes TMNT feel deluxe!! TMNT bolted to the floor, with epic artwork by ZY too. Fun game!

#8093 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Went back to stock Stern posts/rubbers and wow, what a difference! Games plays soooo much better, than silicon imo

I agree with you here. I've tried everything in regards to silicone and polyurethane, and I've come back to stock rubber. Yeah, it might require more maintenance in cleaning and more frequent replacements, but I love the way it plays, and I'm here to play.

#8094 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

April O’Neil by Scandell is a game changer and makes TMNT feel deluxe!! TMNT bolted to the floor,

Thunderbird, I'm pretty sure you had this pin bolted to the floor the first day you even heard of it

#8095 2 years ago

Does anyone have an issue where their glider is a little back heavy? Sometimes the tail of the glider hits the short metal wall because the back is sagging too much. Sometimes it’s tall enough to just pass over the wall (which I assume is what it was designed to do). It’s a bit annoying and halts ball momentum.

#8096 2 years ago

Hey guys, what’s it mean when the lair and april lights are flashing? Whats the next step?

When the 2X target is solid green, should it be flashing when u hit it? Is there any indication that 2x is running? And indicator of its timer?

Still trying to dissect the rules.

#8097 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Hey guys, what’s it mean when the lair and april lights are flashing? Whats the next step?

When the 2X target is solid green, should it be flashing when u hit it? Is there any indication that 2x is running? And indicator of its timer?

Still trying to dissect the rules.

APRIL Target or LAIR Target lights flashing means that you have collected the two awards associated with them, to re-enable them you need to start an Episode.

Solid green 2X Target light means 2X is ready, flashing means it's running, no timer but I think it might start flashing quickly when about to run out. Shooting the target while running will add some amount of time.

#8098 2 years ago

Thank you!!

Will 2x only run during an episode or something? I’ve never been able to get it to flash. So hard to score on this game, 2x is definitely a key player.

#8099 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Thank you!!
Will 2x only run during an episode or something? I’ve never been able to get it to flash. So hard to score on this game, 2x is definitely a key player.

2x is lit by completing LAIR targets. It does 2x or lights training

#8100 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Will 2x only run during an episode or something? I’ve never been able to get it to flash.

It can start anytime it's lit. Maybe your 2X Target isnt registering or something?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/162?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.