(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 242.
#8001 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Turtle Power MB seems to be worth next to nothing, except for running it with a mode is there any points to be had?

See this post by Bowen

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/explain-like-i-m-five-score-high-in-tmnt

#8002 2 years ago
Quoted from Kcucci:

Thanks.
What you say about it being a prior problem is interesting since I never had this issue for V 1.41, it is now just an issue on V 1.50.

You're right, it probably wasn't an issue on 1.41. I am pretty sure it will get fixed.

Rob

#8003 2 years ago

I don't see turtle power multiball mentioned in that post

#8004 2 years ago

I don't see turtle power multiball mentioned in that post

My mistake. That post goes over Ninja Pizza Multiball. TPMB is only useful when brought into a mission. Another example of where the scoring needs to be overhauled.

#8005 2 years ago

I think that's the point of turtle power multiball. Otherwise, Donnie would be overpowered. As it is he gets the easy multiball but you can't take it into a mode.

#8006 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I think that's the point of turtle power multiball. Otherwise, Donnie would be overpowered. As it is he gets the easy multiball but you can't take it into a mode.

I think you're right. With TPMB being easier to achieve, it doesn't score as much for points.

I also think people are too critical of TMNT scoring. Take a look at Elvira for example and the house multiballs. Wild Women multiball doesn't score much and after you get the super jackpot, every subsequent jackpot is just mediocre points until the multiball ends.

What TPMB CAN do for you is help increase your April Hurry up values. Most people don't know that the more things you have running, the bigger those hurry ups can be. I didn't even know that until recently.

Rob

#8007 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Looks like your pizza target is off to the right and not centered…maybe it’s letting the ball hit that corner of the metal guide. I would start by centering that stand up target.

thank for the tip man. It’s my first pin so haven’t done something like that before. Does it involve unscrewing it? How do you go about recentering the target?

#8008 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I think if you get the 1-2-3 it bypasses TPMB so you can get into a mode with Donatello before getting TPMB.

#8009 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

thank for the tip man. It’s my first pin so haven’t done something like that before. Does it involve unscrewing it? How do you go about recentering the target?

They come from the factory pretty loose so all you need to do is push it to the side with your hand/finger. If you want to stop it from moving again you would want to look under the playfield and tighten it up(2 screws)and that usually takes care of it. And make sure to tighten the screws that sandwich the target/switch and not the screws that go into the playfield/wood that hold the bracket. You can use a small wrench or a 1/4” ratchet with a socket and I believe it might be 1/4” size screws.

#8010 2 years ago

Edit: Wrong forum

#8011 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So I got a Grogu doll from Amazon. Can't find the tear down instructions mentioned in the Grogu mod thread. Greatful if someone can point me in the right direction. I consider soldering an extension cable from the sensor to the flipper button like in this video:

wrong forum

#8012 2 years ago

Turtle Power MB seems to be worth next to nothing, except for running it with a mode is there any points to be had?

It's Dwight coded games, man. They take sooooo long to get corrections/polish. GB. GOT. Turtles I suppose is next but there's a host of tweaks to be made. Add a 0 on the end of all scores and you'll make many happy with little effort as a start.

#8013 2 years ago

Hey gang - I am having balls get stuck coming out of the van on my Pro. Anyone else see this? I have replaced balls, cleaned / etc... But it seems that the you shoot the third ball in there, and then the pin comes down to start the multiball, and the balls just sit there.

Like the pin lowers, the upper flipper sticks out, the animation starts, the pizza starts spinning, but the balls - are just sitting in the van. If i shake the living crap out of it, the balls usually come out. Just annoying, and I can't really figure out why.

Residual Magnetism? It's really weird.

#8014 2 years ago

Neca is doing a presale of mousers and foot soldiers today in the cartoon style. Get ‘em before they stop selling them. Limit 2 per customer. https://thenecastore.com/collections/brands

88468CFD-39BE-415B-BC97-E461106D2346 (resized).jpeg88468CFD-39BE-415B-BC97-E461106D2346 (resized).jpeg
#8015 2 years ago

So I just hooked up Insider Connected to my TMNT and the way it saves your turtles' levels is a fantastic game-changer.

Let's be real here, the idea of getting a turtle to level 4 THEN going on to utilize any of those perks in a meaningful way is almost impossible for all but >1% of high-end players. I'm not a high-level player. I play for fun. This feature adds more fun, because leveling up before was mostly a frustrating affair.

I really hope this is the beginning of more persistent features in pinball. As much as I enjoy going after achievements, tying progress to your Insider Connected account is actually game-changing. I'm all about it.

#8016 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Hey gang - I am having balls get stuck coming out of the van on my Pro. Anyone else see this? I have replaced balls, cleaned / etc... But it seems that the you shoot the third ball in there, and then the pin comes down to start the multiball, and the balls just sit there.
Like the pin lowers, the upper flipper sticks out, the animation starts, the pizza starts spinning, but the balls - are just sitting in the van. If i shake the living crap out of it, the balls usually come out. Just annoying, and I can't really figure out why.

I had this same problem, and while I can't say for sure that it was residual magnetism, replacing the balls with fresh ones made the problem go away 100%.

I just used standard balls from Titan Pinball: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69&search=PinballStandard

#8017 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Neca is doing a presale of mousers and foot soldiers today in the cartoon style. Get ‘em before they stop selling them. Limit 2 per customer. https://thenecastore.com/collections/brands[quoted image]

Nice! Ordered

#8018 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

So I just hooked up Insider Connected to my TMNT and the way it saves your turtles' levels is a fantastic game-changer.
Let's be real here, the idea of getting a turtle to level 4 THEN going on to utilize any of those perks in a meaningful way is almost impossible for all but >1% of high-end players. I'm not a high-level player. I play for fun. This feature adds more fun, because leveling up before was mostly a frustrating affair.
I really hope this is the beginning of more persistent features in pinball. As much as I enjoy going after achievements, tying progress to your Insider Connected account is actually game-changing. I'm all about it.

Mostly agree. It does however require that the code is made deeper than before, or the games will not have long lasting appeal.

#8019 2 years ago

Have people received kits yet?

Rob

#8020 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Have people received kits yet?
Rob

Where do you buy kits? I don't see it on Stern's website.

#8022 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

They come from the factory pretty loose so all you need to do is push it to the side with your hand/finger. If you want to stop it from moving again you would want to look under the playfield and tighten it up(2 screws)and that usually takes care of it. And make sure to tighten the screws that sandwich the target/switch and not the screws that go into the playfield/wood that hold the bracket. You can use a small wrench or a 1/4” ratchet with a socket and I believe it might be 1/4” size screws.

You’re the man. Thanks for the tip. I was able to push it to the side which helped, but I will tighten the screws to make it a permanent fix. Thanks again brother.

#8023 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Yep. Magnetism. Are you playing with the balls that came with your machine (assuming it’s a NIB)? I had luck with these - helped remove magnetism issues. The piston keeping the balls up there doesn’t seem to stay down low enough to allow balls to pop out. Maybe an update to the firmware would fix it too.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=70

#8024 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Mostly agree. It does however require that the code is made deeper than before, or the games will not have long lasting appeal.

Also the update in code is a dealbreaker. I won’t let go of Delt’s code mod but he stopped updating after 1.4

#8025 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

how hard was it to install? any tools needed? about how long did it take?

#8026 2 years ago

Joined the club this week. F'in lovin' this game. So fun.

IMG_20211224_100043 (resized).jpgIMG_20211224_100043 (resized).jpg
#8027 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

Joined the club this week. F'in lovin' this game. So fun.
[quoted image]

It’s an underrated gem of a game!

#8028 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

It’s an underrated gem of a game!

I think once the code gets completed (1.5 is feeling pretty good, but hopefully we get a surprise like gotg or kiss), and it gets used in some big tournaments it'll get some serious love.
My only gripe right now is that I'm playing it so much I can't scrap the theme song out of my brain. Even with turning off the 'licenced theme's, thank jebas it has that at least.

Edit/add-on: Does anyone know how many pro units Stern turned out? My s/n is in the early 9000's and I'm the third owner so I'm assuming this wasn't at the end of production.

#8029 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

I think once the code gets completed (1.5 is feeling pretty good, but hopefully we get a surprise like gotg or kiss), and it gets used in some big tournaments it'll get some serious love.
My only gripe right now is that I'm playing it so much I can't scrap the theme song out of my brain. Even with turning off the 'licenced theme's, thank jebas it has that at least.
Edit/add-on: Does anyone know how many pro units Stern turned out? My s/n is in the early 9000's and I'm the third owner so I'm assuming this wasn't at the end of production.

Have they finished production?

#8030 2 years ago

Has anyone powdercoated the machine purple yet ?

#8031 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Have they finished production?

Not that I know of, I might've phrased that wrong, I just meant they already sold over 9000 units at least a year ago.
More of just curious how many there are out there already. I couldn't find anything online with even an estimate.
Stern seems pretty secretive when production actually stops. Or it seems like it. I'm guessing when it slows down they probably have tons left in the warehouse and are worried the demand for the title will drop even more if people know the demand has lessened. Pure armchair guess though.

#8032 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

Not that I know of, I might've phrased that wrong, I just meant they already sold over 9000 units at least a year ago.
More of just curious how many there are out there already. I couldn't find anything online with even an estimate.
Stern seems pretty secretive when production actually stops. Or it seems like it. I'm guessing when it slows down they probably have tons left in the warehouse and are worried the demand for the title will drop even more if people know the demand has lessened. Pure armchair guess though.

#8033 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Has anyone powdercoated the machine purple yet ?

Cary Hardy did a color comparison video on it a while ago.

#8034 2 years ago

It seems a bit of an oversight that if you play teams vs it doesn't tell you which team won at the end of the game. It shows the player scores individually.

In the gameplay it shows a team score so why can't it when you finish?

Xaqery

#8035 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Cary Hardy did a color comparison video on it a while ago.

Thank you,
I saw that , was wandering if anyone had actually done it

#8036 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

Let me start out saying I know no facts about how many Stern produces of each pin, but I've always figured maybe 1k-5k. 9000 units of a single pin in the first year of production seems unfathomable. I'm also pretty sure the serial numbers aren't going to be helpful unless we know the starting number, and confirmation that they build in order. My s/n of 321991 was built this fall. I'm not sure how you might want to interpret it, but I'm confident they haven't made 21,991 units. 1991 would be more likely. If someone knows something about any of this, please chime in!

#8037 2 years ago

I just installed the new 1.50 code and notice it’s saying “Press Start” for other players when I’m playing solo. I don’t remember seeing this on previous codes. How do I get rid of this? Is there a setting?

C997C785-5F20-49C1-84CF-BDDE6AE9025C (resized).jpegC997C785-5F20-49C1-84CF-BDDE6AE9025C (resized).jpeg
#8038 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

How do I get rid of this? Is there a setting?

stern introduced the four player banner in the last update for BKSoR as well - looks terrible. I don't believe it can be turned off/changed by setting or otherwise. The 'Press Start' text disappears after ball 1 is over on a one-player game I believe.

#8039 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:stern introduced the four player banner in the last update for BKSoR as well - looks terrible. I don't believe it can be turned off/changed by setting or otherwise. The 'Press Start' text disappears after ball 1 is over on a one-player game I believe.

It doesn't disappear I wish it did! Makes sense it would center the score but it doesn't

#8040 2 years ago

It doesn't disappear

The ‘Press Start’ text disappears but the player rectangles persist

7C608E9F-B846-449F-9879-5B20708D8FE9 (resized).jpeg7C608E9F-B846-449F-9879-5B20708D8FE9 (resized).jpeg
#8041 2 years ago

Main reason I haven’t installed the latest update for Deadpool.

#8042 2 years ago

Does new code have anything other than insider connect stuff?

#8043 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

in general some little tweaks, final battle speech is now working.

#8044 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

You can now access the lair training mode during 123 foot. One of the things I’ve been wanting since owning this machine. Massive change for my playing style.

#8045 2 years ago

So I really wish I was streaming this and had a replay for what I did on this game… because I nabbed about 100 million of this score during ninja pizza multiball.

I was using Michelangelo at level 4, and hit 4 or 5 consecutive center/side ramp loops during npmb which triggered some kind of audio cue I had never heard before. Some kind of chime or note or quick sound on each loop. I looked up and my score was ~ 140,000,000 and just about shat my pants.

Anyone know what exactly happened here? I’d love to repeat this approach

CF2EEF79-E57B-47AE-8B2C-3E5AB3EFD3D2 (resized).jpegCF2EEF79-E57B-47AE-8B2C-3E5AB3EFD3D2 (resized).jpeg

#8046 2 years ago

Joined the club and got all the mods added in

7CD31BAE-038F-414F-A02C-837BA0226834 (resized).jpeg7CD31BAE-038F-414F-A02C-837BA0226834 (resized).jpegE8F11F0F-CB55-4BC1-84A4-86A140DB34C6 (resized).jpegE8F11F0F-CB55-4BC1-84A4-86A140DB34C6 (resized).jpeg
#8047 2 years ago

Thinking of picking up the side armor for TMNT. Does anyone know if this requires you to drill into the outside of the cabinet? That would be a deal breaker for me :/

Also does anyone have pictures of these installed?

TMNTArmor.OOS_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).pngTMNTArmor.OOS_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).png
#8048 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Thinking of picking up the side armor for TMNT. Does anyone know if this requires you to drill into the outside of the cabinet? That would be a deal breaker for me :/
[quoted image]

Yes, holes are to be drilled, however there is a way to install without drilling holes. Use top already tapped four holes to screw in all across the top. Then for lollipop area where extra holes are located, put cabinet rubber stops underside all around area for lollipop to securely sit on, so no movement while playing. Top side holes fill in with cabinet/screw black plastic covers using a dab of sticky tack under the screw covers. It works and looks factory and no extra holes are screwed into your cabinet. Lollipop rails are securely fastened.

#8049 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

So I really wish I was streaming this and had a replay for what I did on this game… because I nabbed about 100 million of this score during ninja pizza multiball.
I was using Michelangelo at level 4, and hit 4 or 5 consecutive center/side ramp loops during npmb which triggered some kind of audio cue I had never heard before. Some kind of chime or note or quick sound on each loop. I looked up and my score was ~ 140,000,000 and just about shat my pants.
Anyone know what exactly happened here? I’d love to repeat this approach
[quoted image]

Yes, would like to know how you did this too. Never have gotten even close to that kind of score.

#8050 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, holes are to be drilled, however there is a way to install without drilling holes. Use top already tapped four holes to screw in all across the top. Then for lollipop area where extra holes are located, put cabinet rubber stops underside all around area for lollipop to securely sit on, so no movement while playing. Top side holes fill in with cabinet/screw black plastic covers using a dab of sticky tack under the screw covers. It works and looks factory and no extra holes are screwed into your cabinet. Lollipop rails are securely fastened.

Thanks man I'll do that. I assume this is what you have done. Do you have images by chance of the end product. Also can you link me to what I need for the "fake" screws that site on the armor?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/161?hl=scandell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.