(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 241.
#7951 2 years ago

With the new code I think there’s an error with the pizza eating contest. Before the newest update if you got your pizza slices past 7 during ninja pizza multiball, then after the multiball if you hit a pizza slice two more times you’d get pizza eating contest.

Now with the update if you get past 7 pizza slices eaten during the multiball you now need to get up to 55 slices for the free ball and you won’t get a pizza eating contest on the way there.

#7952 2 years ago

Sure, here are some pictures of the plunger that won't go all the way up the ramp.

16389354795707808929333913465173 (resized).jpg16389354795707808929333913465173 (resized).jpg16389356803977851097368804669384 (resized).jpg16389356803977851097368804669384 (resized).jpg16389357073421308968814807262129 (resized).jpg16389357073421308968814807262129 (resized).jpg1638935742404676209418487771101 (resized).jpg1638935742404676209418487771101 (resized).jpg

#7953 2 years ago
Quoted from Papa_J:

Sure, here are some pictures of the plunger that won't go all the way up the ramp.

Can you post a pic of the ball resting in the shooter lane, waiting to be plunged? Maybe the ball isn't lining up with the manual plunger properly. Especially if the auto-launcher works as intended.

#7954 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Can you post a pic of the ball resting in the shooter lane, waiting to be plunged? Maybe the ball isn't lining up with the manual plunger properly. Especially if the auto-launcher works as intended.

Here you go. Auto launch is fine, really fast even. 2 nd picture is if I push the plunger in all the way.

16389367452842261445637981340596 (resized).jpg16389367452842261445637981340596 (resized).jpg16389368248947171861011029726035 (resized).jpg16389368248947171861011029726035 (resized).jpg16389368953937725917305138544799 (resized).jpg16389368953937725917305138544799 (resized).jpg16389369458506082637851116877627 (resized).jpg16389369458506082637851116877627 (resized).jpg16389369788197725777570172800940 (resized).jpg16389369788197725777570172800940 (resized).jpg
#7955 2 years ago
Quoted from Papa_J:

Here you go. Auto launch is fine, really fast even. 2 nd picture is if I push the plunger in all the way.

Oh yeah, it looks like the plunger is hitting the right side of the ball and sending it into the left side of the shooter lane and making it rattle around. If you loosen the plunger assembly from inside the cabinet and make it so the plunger lines up straight on with the ball, it should fix your issue.

#7956 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Oh yeah, it looks like the plunger is hitting the right side of the ball and sending it into the left side of the shooter lane and making it rattle around. If you loosen the plunger assembly from inside the cabinet and make it so the plunger lines up straight on with the ball, it should fix your issue.

Thank you! I will give that a try.

#7957 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Score Match videos now have been replaced:

I love it! Really getting the most out of the April file!

#7958 2 years ago
Quoted from Papa_J:

Mine also wouldn't get the ball all the way up the ramp. I installed a stiffer spring and it's good to go.

#7959 2 years ago
Quoted from Papa_J:

This fixed it. I also had to adjust up and down if anyone else has this problem.

Thanks!

#7960 2 years ago
Quoted from Papa_J:

This fixed it. I also had to adjust up and down if anyone else has this problem.

Thanks!

Excellent, happy to hear.

#7961 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Mine also wouldn't get the ball all the way up the ramp. I installed a stiffer spring and it's good to go.

What color?

#7962 2 years ago

I think orange.

#7963 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

This looks really nice. Where did you het the pieces for it? Were they all custom made?

TMNT sign from this Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PhoenixAppeal?ref=profile_header (he can make more but he's out right now)

Turtle Sewer Cover here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CIOHQ7K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Lighting Here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006U5SE7U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

The base is just a Glare guard I used.

The metal supports are left over parts from various home projects.

I hope that helps!

#7964 2 years ago

Can someone explain why they find the Lair shot to be so hard? It's a wider shot than most side shots like in No Fear or Monster Bash which are known to be tough but not -that- tough. Is it the coordinating of the left flipper to be open that makes it hard? I have no problem hitting that shot, but the center loop kills me every time (despite that top loo being easy). Maybe everyone has their Pinball Kryptonite...

#7965 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Can someone explain why they find the Lair shot to be so hard?

From my right flipper it’s simply high risk. It has to be perfect (very tight and it could just be the rubber material on the upper flipper ) otherwise it bricks and if it bricks it drains to the right outline 60% of the time. It’s just high risk on my machine and not worth it.

#7966 2 years ago

Hey guys! New TMNT owner here, is there any word on if someone is working on music code from the old TMNT games to use for our pins? I know there was some code for it a while ago, but it appears to not be compatible with Pin Browser now, so it's become unobtainium. Also any chance someone would want to sell me their pink ooze Medisinyl pipe mod?

#7967 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:Score Match videos now have been replaced:

Wow! Amazing work. Is there a code file with the animations in it? This looks awesome.

#7968 2 years ago

Been prototyping some 3D flipper toppers for TMNT, and here is what I've come up with. Design is a turtle shell concept where the base is an apple green and the top is raised in chocolate brown to match the turtles' appearance in the lower playfield art (bright green turtles with brown shells). I don't have pics of them installed yet (I don't own the game), but will be sending them to an owner soon. Once I have photos installed and decide if any tweaks are necessary then I'll offer them for sale (price will be $25 including US postage for the set of 3).

Photo under regular light
TMNT1 (resized).jpgTMNT1 (resized).jpg

Photo under UV light
TMNT2 (resized).jpgTMNT2 (resized).jpg

#7969 2 years ago

May be looking to sell my TMNT pro. If anyone on here is interested shoot me a PM. HUO around 200 plays.

#7970 2 years ago
Quoted from Kcucci:

With the new code I think there’s an error with the pizza eating contest. Before the newest update if you got your pizza slices past 7 during ninja pizza multiball, then after the multiball if you hit a pizza slice two more times you’d get pizza eating contest.
Now with the update if you get past 7 pizza slices eaten during the multiball you now need to get up to 55 slices for the free ball and you won’t get a pizza eating contest on the way there.

Hey, is anyone else having this problem too? It definitely changed the strategy for my wife and me. We both have to pick Michelangelo now since he starts with 5 slices so you can go for 2 slices before ninja pizza multiball to ensure you get pizza eating contest. Otherwise the other turtles you need to nail 7 slices first or you’ll have to skip pizza eating contest due to the error in the new code. hope it gets fixed!

#7971 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow! Amazing work. Is there a code file with the animations in it? This looks awesome.

Aiming for a New Years Day Release

#7972 2 years ago
Quoted from Kcucci:

Hey, is anyone else having this problem too? It definitely changed the strategy for my wife and me. We both have to pick Michelangelo now since he starts with 5 slices so you can go for 2 slices before ninja pizza multiball to ensure you get pizza eating contest. Otherwise the other turtles you need to nail 7 slices first or you’ll have to skip pizza eating contest due to the error in the new code. hope it gets fixed!

Yes, I've seen this issue. I was hoping it would have been fixed in the last code update, but I guess not. I have not updated yet.

Rob

#7973 2 years ago

Had a big game today. Two extra balls, played through the modes one and a half time. They are finally worth something the second time through.

A00FCE0F-EB8B-47B5-A716-1506CEF7CD34 (resized).jpegA00FCE0F-EB8B-47B5-A716-1506CEF7CD34 (resized).jpeg
#7974 2 years ago

So I want to fix my buddies TMNT Premium he lent me. The hang glider diverter issue. Has anyone done this? I got the same servo that stern uses but I can’t solder and it looks like it requires it (just a cursory glance)

Is there a guide to this repair? Thanks in advance

#7975 2 years ago

Look what I got! Insider Connected installed and being used!

Looks like a major scoring change for logged in users. Your turtles retain their training ranking, so they start at whatever you maxed that turtle out at.

20211209_234943.jpg20211209_234943.jpg20211213_181746.jpg20211213_181746.jpg
#7976 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Look what I got! Insider Connected installed and being used!
Looks like a major scoring change for logged in users. Your turtles retain their training ranking, so they start at whatever you maxed that turtle out at.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's interesting, I had no idea they were giving scoring incentives for being connected. Not sure if I like that or not lol.

#7977 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

So basically wouldn’t you just focus on leveling up your turtles? Once you max them out then you basically play all games in the future with them trained up? That seems…like…up down up down left right left right select start kind of cheating.

#7978 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

That seems…like…up down up down left right left right select start kind of cheating.

Yeah. Super lame. Like paid power ups on a 99 cent mobile game lame.

Stern, please don’t do that again. And thanks for giving me a reason NOT to start buying these for my older games!

#7979 2 years ago

Can't you just permanently level up Raphael with his multipliers and slay the high score tables?

#7980 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yeah. Super lame. Like paid power ups on a 99 cent mobile game lame.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Can't you just permanently level up Raphael with his multipliers and slay the high score tables?

This stuff screams 'only meant for location play' to me. I would enjoy the whole leveling up thing over the course of many visits to a location and having it pay off with cool perks. But for home use, grinding out the levels so that I could permanently play with all perks from ball one (forever and ever amen) seems like a bad experience.

#7981 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

The levels only stay on non location pins to my understanding. So your progress would not transfer

#7982 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

This stuff screams 'only meant for location play' to me. I would enjoy the whole leveling up thing over the course of many visits to a location and having it pay off with cool perks. But for home use, grinding out the levels so that I could permanently play with all perks from ball one (forever and ever amen) seems like a bad experience.

My kids would love this leveling up concept for each turtle. Maybe that is what Stern is going for to attract the younger kids? I would hope there is a way to disable that by IC account so my kids could level up their turtles and I couldn’t.

#7983 2 years ago

I'm wondering if the scoring change has anything to do with the awful scoring TMNT has? A 5 minute multi-ball is worth a million points, perhaps they realize that sucks? lol

#7984 2 years ago

I don't hate it if the levels only stay on your machine. AND they need to be able to be reset.

#7985 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I don't hate it if the levels only stay on your machine. AND they need to be able to be reset.

I agree. I think a good solution would be that once you've completely leveled up a turtle. Once you then a play a game with the turtle fully leveled up, the next game they should be back to level 1.

#7986 2 years ago

Quick ? Updated to the newest code last night and now I’m getting all sorts of weird issues. Pizza spinner not working, krang barely moving up and down when taunting player with audio, glider will not move, and ball trough is spitting out 2 balls at a time. This is a premium and was working perfectly ok before the update. No technician alerts and ball trough test works fine with no errors. Node board test showing no errors and all of the lights and flashers are functioning. I changed a handful of settings that I always do such as lowering ball trough eject and lowering some of the flipper power. I did notice they took out the way to test the glider in the technician area. When I go to test the pizza spinner krang barely moves instead. Kinda strange bc with the older code I think you could test all 3 individually ( spinner, glider, krang) any ideas what is going on with my game? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#7987 2 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Quick ? Updated to the newest code last night and now I’m getting all sorts of weird issues. Pizza spinner not working, krang barely moving up and down when taunting player with audio, glider will not move, and ball trough is spitting out 2 balls at a time. This is a premium and was working perfectly ok before the update. No technician alerts and ball trough test works fine with no errors. Node board test showing no errors and all of the lights and flashers are functioning. I changed a handful of settings that I always do such as lowering ball trough eject and lowering some of the flipper power. I did notice they took out the way to test the glider in the technician area. When I go to test the pizza spinner krang barely moves instead. Kinda strange bc with the older code I think you could test all 3 individually ( spinner, glider, krang) any ideas what is going on with my game? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Based on previous posts like this one, this sort of sounds like you may have flashed your premium game with a pro firmware update. I suggest downloading the premium update again and running it.

#7988 2 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

First I’d try and download and apply the code again using verified option. Also make sure you didn’t get the pro code? I’ve not read anyone else having an issue so far so that seems the sensible first thing to do

#7989 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

First I’d try and download and apply the code again using verified option. Also make sure you didn’t get the pro code? I’ve not read anyone else having an issue so far so that seems the sensible first thing to do

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#7990 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I'm wondering if the scoring change has anything to do with the awful scoring TMNT has? A 5 minute multi-ball is worth a million points, perhaps they realize that sucks? lol

For me a five minute multiball is worth waaaay more than anything else in the game.
It's chewing through a bunch of episodes and side objectives to only have a couple million that sucks.
I don't have any problem with it being a "low scoring" game but I just wish it was balanced better.
You can get to Final battle with less points than you can get in one multiball.

#7991 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

For me a five minute multiball is worth waaaay more than anything else in the game.
It's chewing through a bunch of episodes and side objectives to only have a couple million that sucks.
I don't have any problem with it being a "low scoring" game but I just wish it was balanced better.
You can get to Final battle with less points than you can get in one multiball.

For sure, I agree. I was more so being sarcastic

#7992 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Based on previous posts like this one, this sort of sounds like you may have flashed your premium game with a pro firmware update. I suggest downloading the premium update again and running it.

your fingers are faster than mine!

#7993 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Think you guys nailed it….I will double check, but that makes total sense. Thanks everyone.

#7994 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Someone in the TMNT FB group (https://facebook.com/groups/tmntpinball/) said that holding your flippers resets the turtle level.

#7995 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

I agree. I think a good solution would be that once you've completely leveled up a turtle. Once you then a play a game with the turtle fully leveled up, the next game they should be back to level 1.

Great idea. I like this idea a lot, hopefully Dwight is reading! If you level up all the turtles permanently then it pretty much makes the training area useless which isn't cool.

Another take on your idea I was thinking is that with Insider Connected you always retain your turtle rank -1 going into the next game regardless if its level 2, 3, or 4. The next game it drops a level. For example if you get to turtle rank 3 then it starts off at rank 2 the next game, and then 1 the next. At least then there's still something to go after while retaining a carry over bonus. Do that or allow the player to play 1 game at the max rank their earned and then start dropping it by 1.

#7996 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

So I want to fix my buddies TMNT Premium he lent me. The hang glider diverter issue. Has anyone done this? I got the same servo that stern uses but I can’t solder and it looks like it requires it (just a cursory glance)
Is there a guide to this repair? Thanks in advance

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/83#post-5902494

#7997 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you level up all the turtles permanently then it pretty much makes the training area useless which isn't cool.

You would still need the lair shot for super jack pots on TPMB and NPMB, Leo's skill shot, and a possible shot for some of the modes.

For anyone who has IC, if it carries over a max training level, does it still have you play through the training level hurry ups just for points?

#7998 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

You would still need the lair shot for super jack pots on TPMB and NPMB, Leo's skill shot, and a possible shot for some of the modes.
For anyone who has IC, if it carries over a max training level, does it still have you play through the training level hurry ups just for points?

It maxes out at 4. Michaelango's training is 4 and can't go higher.

And you're correct, the lair shot is still really important in multiball. That's how I managed to get this score last night!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7999 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yes, I've seen this issue. I was hoping it would have been fixed in the last code update, but I guess not. I have not updated yet.
Rob

Thanks.

What you say about it being a prior problem is interesting since I never had this issue for V 1.41, it is now just an issue on V 1.50.

#8000 2 years ago

Turtle Power MB seems to be worth next to nothing, except for running it with a mode is there any points to be had?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/160?hl=scandell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.