(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 240.
#701 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

LE owners, how often are you using the diverter button?

I use it often. If I have time to think ahead as to what flipper I want my ball on for the next shot. The pin is fast so I am late with it at times. IT keep my mind fresh. Hope this makes sense.

-Frank

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

people are complaining about the perfect remake theme song,
but you never heard the german version, its so much better

Do mean it for real? or are you making fun.

But thanks for the link this triggers childhood memories, i knew something was different to the past when i viewed the TMNT Pinball videos, but know i know what it is. The Theme song, did not remember they did it in German.

#703 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Got me thinking of Rammstein

#704 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Got me thinking of Rammstein

Same! Why'd they change the name to "hero turtles" instead of "ninja turtles" in the German one??

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same! Why'd they change the name to "hero turtles" instead of "ninja turtles" in the German one??

Why are their different languages on earth?
“Hero turtles” Would make a good flipper topper!

#706 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In the U.K. and a number of countries in Europe TMNT was changed to Hero Turtles due to some controversy going on at the time, I don’t know exactly what it was as it was before I was born, but they where worried the word ninja wouldn’t go down well so changed it to hero.

Quoted from freddy:

Why are their different languages on earth?

Nothing to do with different languages, ninja in German is the same as ninja in English.

#707 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

In the U.K. and a number of countries in Europe TMNT was changed to Hero Turtles due to some controversy going on at the time (I don’t know exactly before I was born) but they where worried the word ninja wouldn’t go down well so changed
Nothing to do with different languages, ninja in German is the same as ninja in English.

It’s what’s relatable !

And of course copy rights
Example Ford Mustang Europe export was called T5 no mustang badges on it! Only T5 badges.

#708 3 years ago

all set up! thanks again to the party dude @Medisinyl

not one issue with the game or playfield.

the game was lightning fast and frustrating at first, but once you get some of the shots down it's so much fun. the art looks so much better in person, LE owners must be pretty happy right now. congrats to all that got one, enjoy the pizza party!

20200708_152207 (resized).jpg20200708_152207 (resized).jpg
#709 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Amazing!

#710 3 years ago

Received my LE yesterday. #183 is my second pinball machine (first is WOZ). Thanks to Operation Pinball for getting me one in a hurry. I was super nervous sending that much money I’ve never met face to face.

I’ve only had limited playing time but compared to WOZ, it plays lightning fast. Still have to learn all the call outs and lights because who can watch a screen when the ball is sailing around like it does? Maybe I shouldn’t have waxed the playfield first?

The art and features live up to the hype in my opinion. The light show a shaker motor are awesome. They give the game a much more tactile response to the shots.

It is nice to be playing instead of reading about it incessantly. Thanks to all who have posted plenty for me to review. Certainly helped pass the time.

8136D0B2-4EEC-4E62-94C1-96A2603D0CD8 (resized).jpeg8136D0B2-4EEC-4E62-94C1-96A2603D0CD8 (resized).jpeg
#711 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbru:

Received my LE yesterday. #183 is my second pinball machine (first is WOZ). Thanks to Operation Pinball for getting me one in a hurry. I was super nervous sending that much money I’ve never met face to face.
I’ve only had limited playing time but compared to WOZ, it plays lightning fast. Still have to learn all the call outs and lights because who can watch a screen when the ball is sailing around like it does? Maybe I shouldn’t have waxed the playfield first?
The art and features live up to the hype in my opinion. The light show a shaker motor are awesome. They give the game a much more tactile response to the shots.
It is nice to be playing instead of reading about it incessantly. Thanks to all who have posted plenty for me to review. Certainly helped pass the time.[quoted image]

Does your shaker motor do anything outside of turtle power multiball? I'm curious if there's a difference between the LE and the pro. In the pro model, the shaker motor only activates during turtle power multiball.

#712 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Does your shaker motor do anything outside of turtle power multiball? I'm curious if there's a difference between the LE and the pro. In the pro model, the shaker motor only activates during turtle power multiball.

On the LE, it definitely activates during episodes when hitting the lit targets. I played a bit last night but wasn't really thinking about the shaker motor. If I get more time today I'll report back with more specifics.

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I am sorry but that is freaking awesome!

#714 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yeah, it only really comes on during multi-ball. Was hoping it would be more active even set to maximal use.
I would strongly urge Stern to take more advantage of the shaker motor.

I have a shaker motor it only really goes off when you hit a super jackpot. It was a letdown for me I thought it was broken at first lol

#715 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Do mean it for real? or are you making fun.
But thanks for the link this triggers childhood memories, i knew something was different to the past when i viewed the TMNT Pinball videos, but know i know what it is. The Theme song, did not remember they did it in German.

I'm serious. I do think the german version is much better compared to the childish male vibrato voices in the english version.
German version sounds cooler and rougher.

#716 3 years ago

I really only got to play the game for about 90 minutes last night. I upgraded to the new code last night 1.04 hoping it might have been a bug but it did not help. Several times after “TurtlePower” multi ball mainly ( could be both Multiballs) but after the Multiball the next time I hit the ball up the right ramp it locked in the van and ended my ball.
It actually happened on the launch of my 2nd or third ball where it immediately went into the van and didn’t even allow the ball to relaunch with the ball save still flashing.
Is this a software bug or possibly something wrong in my setup or an opto?
Anyone experiencing this?
It’s extremely disheartening but I assume that it can be fixed easily when I understand what is actually causing it.

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

I have a shaker motor it only really goes off when you hit a super jackpot. It was a letdown for me I thought it was broken at first lol

Xaqery Hey Dwight, is the shaker motor supposed to act differently between the LE and Pro? I got a pro and am trying to decide if I need to pick up a shaker motor as well. Thanks!

#718 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I really only got to play the game for about 90 minutes last night. I upgraded to the new code last night 1.04 hoping it might have been a bug but it did not help. Several times after “TurtlePower” multi ball mainly ( could be both Multiballs) but after the Multiball the next time I hit the ball up the right ramp it locked in the van and ended my ball.
It actually happened on the launch of my 2nd or third ball where it immediately went into the van and didn’t even allow the ball to relaunch with the ball save still flashing.
It’s extremely disheartening but I assume that it can be fixed easily when I understand what is actually causing it.

We have a little over 300 games played on ours and have had this happen twice. I am assuming it is a software bug. I have been trying to replicate it, so that I can report the conditions, but of course have not had it happen again.

#719 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

xaqery Hey Dwight, is the shaker motor supposed to act differently between the LE and Pro? I got a pro and am trying to decide if I need to pick up a shaker motor as well. Thanks!

The shaker is the same for the PRO and PREM/LE.

I am adding more support for the shaker in the next release.

#720 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I will pay closer attention as I get more playing time. Definitely seemed like more than just during turtle multi ball.

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

The shaker is the same for the PRO and PREM/LE.
I am adding more support for the shaker in the next release.

Xaqery thank you for answering questions like this!

#722 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I am adding more support for the shaker in the next release

I havent gotten my machine or my shaker yet, but they're both on the way. Glad to hear that it will be getting some attention in the future.

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

If the next code update doesn’t have the German version theme song included then I’m out!

#724 3 years ago

I am having many balls rejected at the ninja pizza parlor. Is anyone else having this issue? Im hitting the shot dead on and it just comes back when it should stay up there ...

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

In the U.K. and a number of countries in Europe TMNT was changed to Hero Turtles due to some controversy going on at the time (I don’t know exactly before I was born) but they where worried the word ninja wouldn’t go down well so changed it to hero.

This is the answer I was looking for. Having taken basic German in school, I was pretty sure there was ninja or something like it.

Thanks.

#726 3 years ago

I think the pizza eating contest is cool(like SW tie fighters) but it seems a bit too easy as it is. Maybe in the future it can be reworked so it’s on a timer with the ability to eat as much as you can button smash and your points go up as your pizza slices go down instead of topping out at 40....and maybe add a pizza eating campion on the leaderboard. I’m waiting as patiently as possible to get my game so excuse my long thoughts. One last thing great work “Xaqery” “JB” and all who put this Mondo pin together

#727 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbru:

It is nice to be playing instead of reading about it incessantly. Thanks to all who have posted plenty for me to review. Certainly helped pass the time.[quoted image]

I still think waxing a modern day NIB right out of the box was a comical joke by the old timers here to point and laugh at the result. Doesn’t hurt anything, but ‘haha watch him try to control the ball now...’. It’s like that old fable joke that you can’t crush an egg by squeezing it in one hand.

#728 3 years ago

Any mods out for TMNT yet? Other than the pin blades from Stern which don't apply on my LE, I haven't seen really much of anything yet...

Jeff

#729 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Any mods out for TMNT yet? Other than the pin blades from Stern which don't apply on my LE, I haven't seen really much of anything yet...
Jeff

The Mezels have started a mod thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-development-thread-by-mezelmods

They have pictures and videos of what they are working on, as well as some from Ulek Store in there, and Pin Monk (@vireland) has posted his brackets to modify insert color either in this thread, or they hype thread.

#730 3 years ago

I think its awesome that Dwight is active in this thread following up on things we find. Thanks Dwight! Folks commenting that the shaker isnt used much? Bam its being developed more in another update.

I love this back and forth. Cant wait to get my LE. Sounds like end of next week for me.

#731 3 years ago

So I'm starting to see people trying to flip their LE. Are we really there? Could have sworn there are still some left if you look around

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I'm starting to see people trying to flip their LE. Are we really there? Could have sworn there are still some left if you look around

Started weeks ago. Standard for popular sterns.

#733 3 years ago

Is this a popular Stern already?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Is this a popular Stern already?

Yes. Haha

#735 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

YES, this has happened twice to me so far

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haven't seen an LE flip unless you're a fool for any recent Stern's. Last I can remember maybe iron maiden but def GB. It's been awhile.

#737 3 years ago

I have not heard a peep about my LE yet. I see that Ed Roberston got his already.. I guess I'm just not famous enough and I obviously can't sing worth a crap either. I'm good at complaining though!

Rob

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haven't seen an LE flip unless you're a fool for any recent Stern's. Last I can remember maybe iron maiden but def GB. It's been awhile.

Maiden theme sucks that’s why. No rush to get the top dog. GB was the last big time theme that blew everyone away from looks alone. That’s the recipe for flipped LEs.

#739 3 years ago

TMNT LE #84 has arrived safely in North Texas! To be a nice guy, I lent it to my local struggling barcade in the hopes they get some additional traffic. Support small business!!!!

2DFF6D98-F4FA-4C7F-B37B-86280DBD68E9 (resized).jpeg2DFF6D98-F4FA-4C7F-B37B-86280DBD68E9 (resized).jpeg3FB3A541-77E2-46EA-A500-E859B1E62CE7 (resized).jpeg3FB3A541-77E2-46EA-A500-E859B1E62CE7 (resized).jpeg7C6A8A78-7F40-47F6-93DB-D83004CC20FE (resized).jpeg7C6A8A78-7F40-47F6-93DB-D83004CC20FE (resized).jpeg83975192-D038-4B42-8A54-8F6684917AB0 (resized).jpeg83975192-D038-4B42-8A54-8F6684917AB0 (resized).jpegF4075A6D-E6C0-480C-8F5B-532F643768AC (resized).jpegF4075A6D-E6C0-480C-8F5B-532F643768AC (resized).jpeg
#740 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You don't think any JP2 LE's were flipped? Certain people will panic and overpay because of FOMO. Doesn't necessarily make them fools if they justify spending extra to make sure they get one.

#741 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You don't think any JP2 LE's were flipped? Certain people will panic and overpay because of FOMO. Doesn't necessarily make them fools if they justify spending extra to make sure they get one.

Yes - those people were fools. They paid for no reason. I can understand overpaying for TBL, Rick and morty etc....games you CANT get or have to wait a year plus to get.

JP2 LE was available way after it was released.

Fools.

Buy Buy Buy!

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes - those people were fools. They paid for no reason. I can understand overpaying for TBL, Rick and morty etc....games you CANT get.
JP2 LE was available way after it was released.
Fools.
Buy Buy Buy!

Well to be fair stern LEs that did sell for a premium we’re not available from distros as they were all spoken for. And I agree. The last time that happened was for GB.

#743 3 years ago

JPLe has well and truly earnt it’s flip value. Down here they’re unobtanium and selling for a big premium over list price because no one is selling and everyone wants it.

Tmnt LE has yet to earn its stripes and is selling mostly on looks and theme at this point.

#744 3 years ago

Really enjoying the game so far.

Couple wish list items on the glider movement.

Return the glider to the center position when a ball is drained and lost. It does this on game end, but not a single ball drain.

At game start when the ball is launched the glider moves to the right or left position. It should always remain at the center position on ball launch until the player moves it themselves. Might be I was launching the ball with lockdown button, need to double-check.

When the glider movement is locked out, the player needs some feedback on why they cannot move the glider diverter. It’s confusing why you can move it sometimes and not at others. Thought something was wrong with the diverter.

At game start, I don’t like that it just keeps cycling the character selections. A couple of times I picked the wrong character since it was cycling.

Absolutely love the KRANG idle button sounds and seeing him bounce up and down.

#745 3 years ago

Put my deposit down on a premium. Have space reserved.

20200709_174216 (resized).jpg20200709_174216 (resized).jpg
#746 3 years ago

First pin for me and its sweet! 252 of 500. I'm a pin novice so I don't know what the hell I'm doing but playing a couple games was a blast.

My 5 year old played 2 games that lasted about 30 second each, guess I'm upping the play count!

IMG_20200709_184438_583 (resized).jpgIMG_20200709_184438_583 (resized).jpg
#747 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

First pin for me and its sweet! 252 of 500. I'm a pin novice so I don't know what the hell I'm doing but playing a couple games was a blast.

My 5 year old played 2 games that lasted about 30 second each, guess I'm upping the play count!

Congrats on getting your TMNT! Love your Turok poster, I worked on all those games. My handle "mummite" is from Turok 3.

#748 3 years ago

jonebone killer setup! I have always wanted the original arcade game and that neon snes/gb/nes sign.

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

JPLe has well and truly earnt it’s flip value. Down here they’re unobtanium and selling for a big premium over list price because no one is selling and everyone wants it.
Tmnt LE has yet to earn its stripes and is selling mostly on looks and theme at this point.

I think I’m one of the few that struggle to get into JP2. Looking forward to seeing and flipping this game eventually. In 3 months time...

#750 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

My 5 year old played 2 games that lasted about 30 second each, guess I'm upping the play count![quoted image]

Nice TMNT (arcade) combo cabinet!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/15?hl=stosel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.