(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,062 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by cabal
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 242.
#7851 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Just joined the club today.
Has anybody had a problem with balls getting stuck in same spot as one in picture below? Is it possible that balls are magnetized right away , or another issue?[quoted image][quoted image]

OK, so the two metal rails are a little too close together. I unscrewed the metal piece farthest left and pushed it back to the left to create more space for the pinball to go through. This worked for about 10 seconds. I couldn't put the screw back in because when I moved the rail, it was out of alignment with the hole, so I left screw out. Didn't work because the impact of everything caused the metal rail to go back to its normal position.

I guess I'll have to make a new hole to keep the rail as close to the wall as possible to create enough space for the pinball. Has anyone ever had to drill holes in playfield before? Big deal? Any other options?

#7852 2 years ago

Curious is this everyone else’s lowest scoring game amongst their lineup?

#7853 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I've got an EM machine so no. haha.

But yeah, this game does tend to score low in a lot of ways, but there are points to be had. Multiballs can be very lucrative, especially the Ninja Pizza MB. If you can find your way to Neutrino Pizza Party, there can be a ton of points there too, plus it now has a ball save so you can get a couple of shots in before draining and ending the mode.

I still think this game could really use some score balancing but, at this point, it just isn't going to happen.

#7854 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Latest.
only a few more to go.

Really impressive

#7855 2 years ago

So I just spent hours playing turtles, trying to get Cowabunga. I was playing with all 4 turtles, finally I got to Cowabunga and got 28m, yes! I thought, finally I am the Cowabunga champion! Alas, I was not, I did not get to enter my initials.

Can you only get Cowabunga high score as a single turtle?

#7856 2 years ago

Would the scoring feel more standardised if you could add an extra zero to the end of it?

#7857 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Would the scoring feel more standardised if you could add an extra zero to the end of it?

Yeah! I was playing the other night with a mate and I ended up posting here if TMNT is everyone else’s lowest scoring game. It’s noticeably lower in the scoring department for my non pinball friends to notice.

#7858 2 years ago

Hey guys : Pro Issue

The up post that holds the balls in place for the pizza Parlor lock (under the van) on the Pro seems to be messing up. Often I hit the shot and it knocks the locked ball out and doesn’t register that a ball was newly locked. It is happening so often it renders the progress to be quite difficult.

What can I do?

#7859 2 years ago

Are you guys using cliffys or mylar on the switches? I noticed ball drops right on the switches when coming off ramp near flippers

#7860 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

No, it's not that the scores "are low." It's that they lack balance. You can score 100M or 200M, which is a reasonable number for a "good score." But when you can get like 30M from a MB or 50M from Neutrino Pizza Party but only like 10M from completing 2 or 3 Episodes, it shows a lack of scoring balance. Throw in all the side features: 1-2-3 Foot, Krang Kombo, Weapon Hurry Up, etc. and the difficulty of completion compared to actual points scored.

So while I have many terrible games where I score under 1M points (mostly when going specifically for training modes), I don't think adding a 0 and scoring around 10M is really any better. Again, in my opinion, better score balancing so you actually score a reasonable amount of points for things other than MB, would be a better solution to the issue of low scores.

#7861 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Hey guys : Pro Issue
The up post that holds the balls in place for the pizza Parlor lock (under the van) on the Pro seems to be messing up. Often I hit the shot and it knocks the locked ball out and doesn’t register that a ball was newly locked. It is happening so often it renders the progress to be quite difficult.
What can I do?

I had a similar issue
If i remember correctly, I fixed it by bending the bracket slightly so the post would be more upright and come through the hole a little more. I barely bent it, but the problem went away completely.

#7862 2 years ago
Quoted from The-Hum:I had a similar issue
If i remember correctly, I fixed it by bending the bracket slightly so the post would be more upright and come through the hole a little more. I barely bent it, but the problem went away completely.

I will give that a try!

#7863 2 years ago

They still need to prestage Raphaels skill shot on the glider, occasionally I can hit it and it whips by before the glider can catch it. And I've got my flippers nerfed too. All in all the game is great fun but there are some polishing points still needed IMO.

#7864 2 years ago

Last call on the CNC’d Aluminum replica Ooze Canister.

3FDE59A2-F372-4032-A6E7-36BFCAD5DDE3 (resized).jpeg3FDE59A2-F372-4032-A6E7-36BFCAD5DDE3 (resized).jpeg

I have a Ninja Rap newspaper I can throw in the deal too.

$250, PM if interested.

#7865 2 years ago

I moved the flat plastics, and the truck.
Added a shell.

28F5DD5B-EC04-498D-9AD8-3E8B33CA1EE6 (resized).jpeg28F5DD5B-EC04-498D-9AD8-3E8B33CA1EE6 (resized).jpeg9BEF761B-8AC3-44E3-AF1E-89B0A6BA4B8C (resized).jpeg9BEF761B-8AC3-44E3-AF1E-89B0A6BA4B8C (resized).jpegC16746FC-9A3F-41D9-A479-67131E71DF47 (resized).jpegC16746FC-9A3F-41D9-A479-67131E71DF47 (resized).jpegCCD3BB5A-F055-443D-9D93-9FBCE54CB485 (resized).jpegCCD3BB5A-F055-443D-9D93-9FBCE54CB485 (resized).jpegEA358D56-D287-4F3F-A45B-F35B0D1C766C (resized).jpegEA358D56-D287-4F3F-A45B-F35B0D1C766C (resized).jpeg
#7866 2 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I moved the flat plastics, and the truck.
Added a shell.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a cool turtle shell for the action button. Where did you get that?

#7867 2 years ago

Just picked up a premium and I’m really liking so far.

What are peoples thoughts on the Stern topper and shooter rod. I’d like to order them up, but damn. $1000 for that topper seems a bit steep. Is it that cool?

#7868 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What are peoples thoughts on the Stern topper and shooter rod. I’d like to order them up, but damn. $1000 for that topper seems a bit steep. Is it that cool?

I also recently picked up a premium. I added Sterns art blades, shooter rod and topper. The entire package looks very nice but the topper is priced too high even for Stern pricing. That said, I expect it to add value down the road when it's time to trade it.

#7869 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I personally like the alternative turtle head shooter rods. Doesn't stick out as much. And the topper was always too expensive for me.

#7870 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

That's a cool turtle shell for the action button. Where did you get that?

Just cut the shell off a figure and drilled a hole in the middle

#7871 2 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:Just cut the shell off a figure and drilled a hole in the middle

Looks good. Which figure did you buy? Would like to replicate.

#7872 2 years ago

From the NECA cartoon collection, came in a pack with shredder

#7873 2 years ago

I have Matt’s from Back Alley. I like it quite a bit.

8886BAFE-ACCC-4013-835C-2CED522DC9EC (resized).jpeg8886BAFE-ACCC-4013-835C-2CED522DC9EC (resized).jpeg
#7874 2 years ago

Crap...I hadn't browsed the "Top 100" in a while and at the rate TMNT is moving we'll be lucky if it's in the top 100 by end of 2022, LOL! I must admit I was frustrated with it myself, but come to find out I hadn't played the darn thing long enough. Once I dialed in my left and right ramp shots it was a different story. You have to be a decent pinball player to progress through this table, not all of us are unfortunately and that probably turns people away....oh well.

#7875 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Crap...I hadn't browsed the "Top 100" in a while and at the rate TMNT is moving we'll be lucky if it's in the top 100 by end of 2022, LOL! I must admit I was frustrated with it myself, but come to find out I hadn't played the darn thing long enough. Once I dialed in my left and right ramp shots it was a different story. You have to be a decent pinball player to progress through this table, not all of us are unfortunately and that probably turns people away....oh well.

It definitely is an aquired taste. I was going nuts about getting my upper left flipper shots right but finally got the feel for it (you have to be very fast and almost hit the ball too early). Now I love the game. It's just so much fast action. Also I have zero problems with the pizza disc sending the ball SDTM (seems a lot of people get that).

#7876 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I will give that a try!

that worked. The metal is bent from overuse it seems. Bent it back and it is fine now.

#7877 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

It definitely is an aquired taste. I was going nuts about getting my upper left flipper shots right but finally got the feel for it (you have to be very fast and almost hit the ball too early). Now I love the game. It's just so much fast action. Also I have zero problems with the pizza disc sending the ball SDTM (seems a lot of people get that).

The pizza disc may send 1 ball stdm, but at that point you have the autosave going. Thats a good thing because you get those extra seconds to manage shots with the 2 balls while the third makes its way down. Could be a good time to send the first 2 up the playfield while you prepare to send the incoming ball through the center ramp. The pizza disc sending all 3 balls stdm may be physically impossible. Anywho...you are definitely right about the acquired taste.

#7878 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

that worked. The metal is bent from overuse it seems. Bent it back and it is fine now.

Awesome! Happy it worked!

#7879 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

While playing tonight, I noticed something stuck to one of the balls rolling around. It was this sticker, that fell off the servo. Looked up the part number and found one on eBay for 10 bucks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So I ordered one of these for my buddy’s who I borrowed and is having the glider diverter issue. Is it easy to swap out? Do I need to center the servo first because I have no clue how to do that?

#7880 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Yea a friend loaned me his pin. The difficulty combined with the low scoring makes this a really hard pin to embrace. It will make you a better pinball player for sure but I have Godzilla and wonka and this is the hardest of the 3 hands down

#7881 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

The pizza disc may send 1 ball stdm, but at that point you have the autosave going. Thats a good thing because you get those extra seconds to manage shots with the 2 balls while the third makes its way down. Could be a good time to send the first 2 up the playfield while you prepare to send the incoming ball through the center ramp. The pizza disc sending all 3 balls stdm may be physically impossible. Anywho...you are definitely right about the acquired taste.

Regarding the pizza disc I really meant during regular play, not the multiball.

#7882 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The modded code will need to be updated to include Sterns new features. I switched back to Sterns original code awhile ago as the cartoon code left a lot to be desired. Mostly the lack of an extra ball call out and a shoot again call out. Nearly impossible to play it in a league setting without players accidentally launching other players balls

Hold my beer ... 1.50 1987 code will include text overlays for extra ball and shoot again videos - thanks for the feedback. In final testing for 1987 1.50 right now, should be posted some time this week.

#7883 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Hold my beer ... 1.50 1987 code will include text overlays for extra ball and shoot again videos - thanks for the feedback. In final testing for 1987 1.50 right now, should be posted some time this week.

this is much appreciated

#7884 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

What’s all this 1987 code about?! I’m new to TMNT pinball.

#7886 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m on my 2nd topper. 1st one the leds crapped out after 2 weeks.. sent back for a replacement got the new one and after the update noticed the left side is having a led flickering dimming problem now.. I’m working with stern to see what’s going on..

D769AB9F-C230-47E4-9014-40A21D53BFCA (resized).jpegD769AB9F-C230-47E4-9014-40A21D53BFCA (resized).jpeg
#7887 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

I’m on my 2nd topper. 1st one the leds crapped out after 2 weeks.. sent back for a replacement got the new one and after the update noticed the left side is having a led flickering dimming problem now.. I’m working with stern to see what’s going on..
[quoted image]

This has been reported by at least two others in the thread after the 1.50 update. So it’s not just you.

#7888 2 years ago

My premium just shipped! Joining the club.

#7889 2 years ago
Quoted from Papa_J:

My premium just shipped! Joining the club.

Congrats!

#7890 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The Stern katana shooter rod has less power than the original rod so your launches will be weaker. Pick up a stronger spring if you get one, the stock katana uses an orange spring. Replacing the orange spring with a purple spring worked good for me.

#7891 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

1987 1.50 code for pro, premium and LE is ready:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

#7892 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

100% the lowest scoring game. they need to add a zero. When i get a 200 million game...most other games are 2bill. when you beat the modes, it definitely adds up, but seriously...i should get way more points for the effort put in!

#7893 2 years ago

This looks so awesome!

I might have to pick one up for my office. $50 bucks plus $10 for shipping.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/994170024528297/?rid=10223394728370923&ad_id&rt=1&refID=0&refType=0

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#7894 2 years ago

I don’t get why a game would not be as popular because of low scoring,I am not a very good player or a competitor so let me know! if the a game is fun like turtles I don’t get it,I for sure could care less!

#7895 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don’t get why a game would not be as popular because of low scoring,I am not a very good player or a competitor so let me know! if the a game is fun like turtles I don’t get it,I for sure could care less!

Agreed, adding or removing zeros from the score doesn't change how fun it is. Its about getting a higher score than your last score.

#7896 2 years ago

Yeah the low scoring complaints confuse me. It's all relative to the game. All games have different scorings. Jersey Jack games are low scoring games.

#7897 2 years ago

Scoring is the same within the world at any particular game, since all games stand on their own, within their own unique rule sets. Only relevant universal consistency is whether your score is up or down, within any given game.

#7898 2 years ago

So stern got back to me about my topper led flickering and dimming. They want me to flash a new SD card with a 1.41 raw file. I’m using a Mac and can’t figure it out. The instructions they gave me isn’t the same for a Mac.. can anyone help a brother out? I don’t wanna bro k my machine in the process.

Hi Ray,

Here’s a link for the 1.41 SD card image.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q1U6Jkjznp-7NNmu6NWSraGw6be4zz_K/view?usp=sharing

Here is a guide on how to create a new SD card

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf

Please follow up afterwards.

#7899 2 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Agreed, adding or removing zeros from the score doesn't change how fun it is. Its about getting a higher score than your last score.

While I would normally agree that adding zeros wouldn't make it better, I have a funny story to share.

My nephews visited me late in the summer for the first time since Covid started. While here, they both played the heck out of Turtles every day. One day for fun, I brought them out to the Replay Museum in Tarpon Springs, a big free play arcade with a lot of pinball machines. My 9 year old nephew who is new to pinball naturally thought all games scored like Turtles. For his first game, he stepped up to Black Knight SOR and got a score in the 30 million range. He thought he was the best player in the world after that, and was telling anyone who would listen. There wasn't a Turtles on location there for him to compare, so he just thought the arcade was a magical place where he kicked butt. It was awesome.

Screenshot 2021-12-01 162825 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-12-01 162825 (resized).png
#7900 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

So stern got back to me about my topper led flickering and dimming. They want me to flash a new SD card with a 1.41 raw file. I’m using a Mac and can’t figure it out. The instructions they gave me isn’t the same for a Mac.. can anyone help a brother out? I don’t wanna bro k my machine in the process.
Hi Ray,
Here’s a link for the 1.41 SD card image.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q1U6Jkjznp-7NNmu6NWSraGw6be4zz_K/view?usp=sharing
Here is a guide on how to create a new SD card
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf
Please follow up afterwards.

This should help: https://osxdaily.com/2018/01/11/write-img-to-sd-card-mac-etcher/

If you're still unsure and want to do a quick video call/screen share, I can help walk you through those steps. Feel free to send me a PM if the latter, and I'll set up a Google chat with you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/158?hl=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.