(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 240.
#7801 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Latest. Worst idea for a callout in this machine. Making the most of it.

These are great.

#7802 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

When going for the pizza parlor shot (under the van), if the shot is off and to the right, I hear a loud clunk sound. It hits a metal corner just to the left of the pizza target up there and kills all ball momentum.

I often have the ball give a metallica "rattle" up there and come back down. I've always wondered if there was something a tiny bit "off" in the alignment of something.

Quoted from Scandell:

This callout always cracks me up! Especially the cat animation. While Shredder and Splinter are being all serious, it's good comic relief.

#7803 2 years ago

Ooze speaker inserts I just made.

7C9933C2-B337-4A56-B15B-03D8AC4DB234 (resized).jpeg7C9933C2-B337-4A56-B15B-03D8AC4DB234 (resized).jpeg9CEE785E-4673-40B9-AB81-A66A7AF12A23 (resized).jpeg9CEE785E-4673-40B9-AB81-A66A7AF12A23 (resized).jpegAC26BDC9-F67E-4D34-ABFB-CA649AAD00A9 (resized).jpegAC26BDC9-F67E-4D34-ABFB-CA649AAD00A9 (resized).jpeg
#7804 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'd like the ooze speaker look (without the pizzas)

#7805 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are great! Did you just 3D print an insert? I've got the colored speakers already but this is a nice touch.

#7806 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

These are great! Did you just 3D print an insert? I've got the colored speakers already but this is a nice touch.

I actually cut these out of thin balsa wood on my circut machine and painted black. Just taped them flush to the thin plexiglass piece under the speaker plate.

#7807 2 years ago

New code for all the insider connected stuff plus

FIXED:
- Fixed no speech at the start of FINAL BATTLE
- Plunging and holding the left flipper as Donatello on the first ball will
now not bring up the post and allow the ball to go all the way around.
- Fixed getting an extra ball from pizza slices during Ninja Pizza Multiball
- When loading the van, the TROUGH EJECT POWER adjustment was being ignored
and the coil was firing at full strength.
- Fixed the instructions during TEAM-UP after you have rescued all 3 and you
need to shoot the right ramp to DEFEAT SHREDDER.

NEW:
- Added Total page for the end of Nuetrino Party.
- Added BALL SAVE to Neutrinos Party.
- Added Completing Team-Up now spots one prerequisite for Cowabunga. They are
spotted in order to give the first that is not already complete.
- Max Krang
- Jackpot Grande
- Triple Mondo Jackpot
- Weapon Complete
- 5 April Hurry Ups
- Foot 1 2 3
- Choosing MICHELANGELO will give you 5 slices of pizza at the start of the
game.

TWEAKED:
- Made "coin door ball saver" and "coin door disables tilt" adjustments
available
- Added Starting points for Nuetrinos Party.
- The top post will not come due to a right orbit shot during Training
Levels.
- Selecting a Turtle at the start of the game will trigger the release of
the flipper button instead of the press. This lets you hold the left flipper
while you plunge and it will not change the Turtle you chose.
- Added a score award for starting Nuetrinos Pizza Party
- Reduced the scoring of Ninja Frenzy during Ninja Pizza Party.
- Fixed spelling error in a DJ Mixer tune title.
- Foot 123 will no longer stop Training from being start-able. If you start
Training while 123 is running, 123 will stop running and be lit again when
you are done with Training.

Interesting bit under the insider connected

- When you are logged in, if you train a turtle past level 1, the training
will be persistent.
- Each time you play you will be able to start the game with any turtle
at the last level you trained up to.
- If you are logged in, before starting the game, you can access the
GAME PLAY MENU by holding in both flippers.
- There is a new item in the menu: TRAINING RESET. If you choose
this from the menu you will reset your training back to level 1
for all your turtles.
- Your training levels will be 1 during competition play.

#7808 2 years ago

AN UPDATE!!!!

Awesome!

Curious what people will think about the training level being persistent from game to game. Definitely will make playing the game more on location better and give it a "one more game" feel to it. Gotta level them turtles up.

#7809 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

AN UPDATE!!!!
Awesome!
Curious what people will think about the training level being persistent from game to game. Definitely will make playing the game more on location better and give it a "one more game" feel to it. Gotta level them turtles up.

OP's may love that hey

#7810 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

BRILLIANT

#7811 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

New code for all the insider connected stuff plus
FIXED:
- Fixed no speech at the start of FINAL BATTLE
- Plunging and holding the left flipper as Donatello on the first ball will
now not bring up the post and allow the ball to go all the way around.
- Fixed getting an extra ball from pizza slices during Ninja Pizza Multiball
- When loading the van, the TROUGH EJECT POWER adjustment was being ignored
and the coil was firing at full strength.
- Fixed the instructions during TEAM-UP after you have rescued all 3 and you
need to shoot the right ramp to DEFEAT SHREDDER.
NEW:
- Added Total page for the end of Nuetrino Party.
- Added BALL SAVE to Neutrinos Party.
- Added Completing Team-Up now spots one prerequisite for Cowabunga. They are
spotted in order to give the first that is not already complete.
- Max Krang
- Jackpot Grande
- Triple Mondo Jackpot
- Weapon Complete
- 5 April Hurry Ups
- Foot 1 2 3
- Choosing MICHELANGELO will give you 5 slices of pizza at the start of the
game.
TWEAKED:
- Made "coin door ball saver" and "coin door disables tilt" adjustments
available
- Added Starting points for Nuetrinos Party.
- The top post will not come due to a right orbit shot during Training
Levels.
- Selecting a Turtle at the start of the game will trigger the release of
the flipper button instead of the press. This lets you hold the left flipper
while you plunge and it will not change the Turtle you chose.
- Added a score award for starting Nuetrinos Pizza Party
- Reduced the scoring of Ninja Frenzy during Ninja Pizza Party.
- Fixed spelling error in a DJ Mixer tune title.
- Foot 123 will no longer stop Training from being start-able. If you start
Training while 123 is running, 123 will stop running and be lit again when
you are done with Training.
Interesting bit under the insider connected
- When you are logged in, if you train a turtle past level 1, the training
will be persistent.
- Each time you play you will be able to start the game with any turtle
at the last level you trained up to.
- If you are logged in, before starting the game, you can access the
GAME PLAY MENU by holding in both flippers.
- There is a new item in the menu: TRAINING RESET. If you choose
this from the menu you will reset your training back to level 1
for all your turtles.
- Your training levels will be 1 during competition play.

I got a TMNT Premium back in August and loving it so far. Can't wait to install my first update!

I've seen mentioned before, and now in the patch notes, holding the left flipper while plunging. What's the point of this? Is it just letting the ball take a different trajectory on plunge when the upper left flipper is out? Or, is there something more?

#7812 2 years ago
Quoted from Dustwel:

I got a TMNT Premium back in August and loving it so far. Can't wait to install my first update!
I've seen mentioned before, and now in the patch notes, holding the left flipper while plunging. What's the point of this? Is it just letting the ball take a different trajectory on plunge when the upper left flipper is out? Or, is there something more?

Yes. much more fun to use the first plunge to practice your upper loop shots. VERY useful during the first few seconds of multiballs. Cause you can try over and over to knock out the upper loop flashing shots while intentionally letting balls drain.

#7813 2 years ago

noob question, first time doing an update. The turtles update unzipped has a file and an archive do I just put the file on the usb or both? Thanks

#7814 2 years ago

It’s certainly not enough insensitive for me to drop the $300 per game on the IC. They’ll have to do much more than this to get operators to buy these things

AN UPDATE!!!!
Awesome!

#7815 2 years ago
Quoted from Dustwel:

On the PRO the ball launches around the orbit and a post comes up to stop it and drop it into the pops, holding the left flipper would allow it to bypass that post.
On the premium it goes over all of that on the van ramp and feeds to the upper flipper.
So in your case it does not apply.

#7816 2 years ago

Just got my TMNT Premium updated. Chose express install, verify. All finished and no issues, although haven't played a game yet. Was surprised to see all of my scores and settings were preserved.

Random question - I'm looking to swap out the balls in my machine in the next month or two. Some have a hard time making it all the way up the ramp with the autoplunger (some are fine). I read it may have to do with magnetism building up from the pizza spinner, being around 600 plays in. I can get to the five balls up front just fine, but anyone know how to get to the three stored in the turtle van? Last time I had to lift the playfield I couldn't find anything on it and ended up just lifting it with the balls in the van, no issues.

#7817 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s certainly not enough insensitive for me to drop the $300 per game on the IC. They’ll have to do much more than this to get operators to buy these things

I think they are going for $200 atm, but I understand that's not super scalable as an operator. How are people responding to IC on Godzilla at your place?

#7818 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

noob question, first time doing an update. The turtles update unzipped has a file and an archive do I just put the file on the usb or both? Thanks

Put them both on your flash drive.

#7819 2 years ago
Quoted from Dustwel:

Just got my TMNT Premium updated. Chose express install, verify. All finished and no issues, although haven't played a game yet. Was surprised to see all of my scores and settings were preserved.
Random question - I'm looking to swap out the balls in my machine in the next month or two. Some have a hard time making it all the way up the ramp with the autoplunger (some are fine). I read it may have to do with magnetism building up from the pizza spinner, being around 600 plays in. I can get to the five balls up front just fine, but anyone know how to get to the three stored in the turtle van? Last time I had to lift the playfield I couldn't find anything on it and ended up just lifting it with the balls in the van, no issues.

After you remove the glass, gently pull the door of the van open with your finger and let the balls roll out onto the playfield. Do this before lifting the playfield up to remove the balls from the trough.

#7820 2 years ago

GZ is getting a lot of play but the IC feature is old news already. I’ve even stopped loading my account when I play.

Quoted from onemilemore:

I think they are going for $200 atm, but I understand that's not super scalable as an operator. How are people responding to IC on Godzilla at your place?

#7821 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

GZ is getting a lot of play but the IC feature is old news already. I’ve even stopped loading my account when I play.

It sounded like the location could use real-world rewards with insider connected (free pizza, prizes, etc). I don't see achievements as worthwhile enough to bother taking out my phone to scan a QR code, but I'd totally do it on location for redemption prizes/free pizza. The turtle training thing where you can play a new game with a fully leveled up turtle does sound appealing.

#7822 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For £200+ a pop I won’t be bothering with IC now. Was planning on fitting it to all my games AIQ, Mando, DP, ST but not when it’s likely to set me back £1500 by the time they are shipped plus tax.

#7823 2 years ago

Anyone’s topper acting weird after the update? The left side is dim and flicking when selecting a turtle and while playing. Powered down for about an hour and it started working as normal then within 10 minutes it started to do the same thing. I contacted Stern and they think it could be a mod causing it. I have pinstadium neo, RGB ramp lights, trough led light and led speaker kit installed.. This is my 2nd topper my first one the leds just stopped working and got it replaced. I’m hoping it’s just a bug from the update. Is it possible to convert back to the last code?
TIA

#7824 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

Anyone’s topper acting weird after the update? The left side is dim and flicking when selecting a turtle and while playing. Powered down for about an hour and it started working as normal then within 10 minutes it started to do the same thing. I contacted Stern and they think it could be a mod causing it. I have pinstadium neo, RGB ramp lights, trough led light and led speaker kit installed.. This is my 2nd topper my first one the leds just stopped working and got it replaced. I’m hoping it’s just a bug from the update. Is it possible to convert back to the last code?
TIA

My lights on topper appear to flicker a bit after the update. No dimming. Just noticed its more of a flicker than a glow when they are backlit.
I opened a ticket with Stern. No mods on my game, all stock with stern shaker.

#7825 2 years ago
realshitTMNT update (resized).jpgrealshitTMNT update (resized).jpg
#7826 2 years ago

So even after the update there is no way to turn off the eye movement during attract mode?
Or is it already there and I missed it?

#7827 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

So even after the update there is no way to turn off the eye movement during attract mode?
Or is it already there and I missed it?

It's the only way Gary can see in your game room if you're not 'connected'

#7828 2 years ago

My game just crashed during turtle power multi-ball on my very first game after the 1.50 update. 2X was running and extended a couple of times no episode was running and April hurry up was starting. The lights turn green then stop flashing then the game goes dark with the screen frozen on April scene. Game rebooted itself after a while.

#7829 2 years ago
Quoted from drinklime:

My game just crashed during turtle power multi-ball on my very first game after the 1.50 update. 2X was running and extended a couple of times no episode was running and April hurry up was starting. The lights turn green then stop flashing then the game goes dark with the screen frozen on April scene. Game rebooted itself after a while.

Well that is a bit disappointing, I was hoping for that bug to be fixed. Our LE has done that a couple of times on every code update, then it does not do it again.

#7830 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Well that is a bit disappointing, I was hoping for that bug to be fixed. Our LE has done that a couple of times on every code update, then it does not do it again.

Ah man, same. I just assumed the crash was fixed even though it wasn't addressed in the release notes. Bummer.

#7831 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Ah man, same. I just assumed the crash was fixed even though it wasn't addressed in the release notes. Bummer.

Gotta figure out what's causing it if you're gonna fix it.

#7832 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Gotta figure out what's causing it if you're gonna fix it.

Didn’t get the crash (but I’ve only played two games since updating.) The final battle audio is sweet. We were really missing out!

#7833 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Y does April not like cats?

This callout in game always makes me LoL.

#7834 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Did you do a full update and verify?

#7835 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Did you do a full update and verify?

Admittedly I have not updated yet, so I'll report back once I do.

#7836 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Admittedly I have not updated yet, so I'll report back once I do.

All good, we have not done ours yet either. Hopefully later today.

#7837 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Y does April not like cats?
This callout in game always makes me LoL.

She's a news reporter and takes her job seriously. That story is not worth her coverage.

#7838 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:She's a news reporter and takes her job seriously. That story is not worth her coverage.

Maybe it's her cat?

Rob

#7839 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:Maybe it's her cat?
Rob

but there are two cats, one with dark fur and one with brighter one.
so a lot of cats in the trees.

to bad that it seems that the turtle power multiball error was not fixed. It's very strange sometimes i get the error a lot, then 100 of games nothing.
What i recognized is with new code, new sd-card whatever switch, there is at least once the error, then much less or none at all.

#7840 2 years ago

Does anyone know if Updating code will effect the 1987 animation mod ?

#7841 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

the code has a size of 2.3GB zipped. the same size as the sd-card image. So my guess is everthing will be overwriten and replaced.
Even if not everything is replaced it remains the question if the image with mixed contents will be stable.

Yes it will affect the 1987. In best case it will vanish completly, worst case you will be left with an unstable or non working code.

#7842 2 years ago

The modded code will need to be updated to include Sterns new features. I switched back to Sterns original code awhile ago as the cartoon code left a lot to be desired. Mostly the lack of an extra ball call out and a shoot again call out. Nearly impossible to play it in a league setting without players accidentally launching other players balls

Quoted from billrz:

#7843 2 years ago

Latest.

only a few more to go.

#7844 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Latest.
only a few more to go.

Looking so good and will really add to a far better look on the back box.

#7845 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Latest.
only a few more to go.

Oh please change Baxter Stockman in that clip too. It's just so out of place.

#7846 2 years ago

I do love that the new update when you change the volume it no longer takes up the entire screen.

#7847 2 years ago

Oh please change Baxter Stockman in that clip too. It's just so out of place.

Sorry. We don't have the bandwidth.

#7848 2 years ago

Just joined the club today.

Has anybody had a problem with balls getting stuck in same spot as one in picture below? Is it possible that balls are magnetized right away , or another issue?

16378024851762920690843433860059 (resized).jpg16378024851762920690843433860059 (resized).jpg20211124_195928 (resized).jpg20211124_195928 (resized).jpg
#7849 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Just joined the club today.
Has anybody had a problem with balls getting stuck in same spot as one in picture below? Is it possible that balls are magnetized right away , or another issue?[quoted image][quoted image]

That's pretty weird place to get a ball stuck. Some things to check include pitch on your table, whether or not the balls are magnetized, and whether or not the plastic for the lair is too tight.

#7850 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

That's pretty weird place to get a ball stuck. Some things to check include pitch on your table, whether or not the balls are magnetized, and whether or not the plastic for the lair is too tight.

Yeah, May be missing a washer to keep the plastic up that extra little bit for it to pass

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/157?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.