(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 242.
#7751 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Madmen!!! No wonder stern shut down modding. You guys brought the big guns. Wow.

I'd happily provide my content to Stern officially.

#7752 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Update! Super excited to share progress on this one. (Backdrop with shutterstock logo is temporary)

This looks amazing! So much better!! It puts the wow factor into our TMNT.

#7753 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

So fortunate for Stern to have this material and they’d be unwise to not put it in. It is superior to what they have done in every way.

#7754 2 years ago

I'm in love with these updates. They are soooo good.

#7755 2 years ago

Lit Kit Flippers, installed on TMNT.

Turtle power, with the pink mutagen version.

Now at http://www.ArcadeMade.com

Stern---TMNT-1 (resized).jpgStern---TMNT-1 (resized).jpgStern---TMNT-3 (resized).jpgStern---TMNT-3 (resized).jpgStern---TMNT-2 (resized).jpgStern---TMNT-2 (resized).jpg
#7756 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Since making an airball protector for that area I haven’t had a single lock issue. I’ve played about 15 games on it since.

Do you mind sharing some picks of your design and how you mounted it? I may try to replicate it.

#7757 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Stern give Scandell a job, pronto!

#7758 2 years ago

We are on a roll.

#7759 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Do you mind sharing some picks of your design and how you mounted it? I may try to replicate it.

I went overboard. Shaping it and drilling holes for the hex post and mounting point. If I were to do it again, I would just take a small rectangle of plastic and attach it with double sided tape over the area. It would be enough to do the job.

And yes, I know the edges are ugly and chipped. I’m just a guy with a dremel. No fancy laser cutters over here. Lol.

EC0C73CC-1ACC-4E51-9392-B355B999C1E8.jpegEC0C73CC-1ACC-4E51-9392-B355B999C1E8.jpeg

#7760 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I went overboard. Shaping it and drilling holes for the hex post and mounting point. If I were to do it again, I would just take a small rectangle of plastic and attach it with double sided tape over the area. It would be enough to do the job.
And yes, I know the edges are ugly and chipped. I’m just a guy with a dremel. No fancy laser cutters over here. Lol.
[quoted image]

To make sure I'm understanding you basically are just aiming to cover this area? How has it worked for you so far? I may try something similar.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7761 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

To make sure I'm understanding you basically are just aiming to cover this area? How has it worked for you so far? I may try something similar.[quoted image]

Yeah. Covering that area you circled is all that matters. I still haven’t had a lock issue since covering it.

#7762 2 years ago

I’m not sure if one of the leds is gone or if the colour is correct but every now and then the Donatello insert is orange st the start of a mode instead of yellow. If I remember correctly it’s during the ray mode (where you have to hit ramps then lair) and another mode too. I probably should’ve written it down or poster not long after it happens… but does anyone else experience this? I think it’s correct being orange but I thought all inserts were yellow

#7763 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I’m not sure if one of the leds is gone or if the colour is correct but every now and then the Donatello insert is orange st the start of a mode instead of yellow. If I remember correctly it’s during the ray mode (where you have to hit ramps then lair) and another mode too. I probably should’ve written it down or poster not long after it happens… but does anyone else experience this? I think it’s correct being orange but I thought all inserts were yellow

Are you playing Michelangelo at the time? Might be his weapon power ups are lit.

#7764 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Are you playing Michelangelo at the time? Might be his weapon power ups are lit.

It’s definitely not his weapon power ups. I’ll have to play some more today and report back

#7765 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Yeah. Covering that area you circled is all that matters. I still haven’t had a lock issue since covering it.

Awesome, thanks! I'll try to fabricate something next day I have some spare time.

#7766 2 years ago

another one...

#7767 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

another one...

Like that soooo much better than the current almost static one of turtles looking like their entering pizza parlor.
April animation improvements will really increase like ability of a great game.

#7768 2 years ago

Fantastic work ,I hope I can contribute to the effort when finished!

#7769 2 years ago

Are there any modes that utilise the pop bumpers or spinner?

It seems very ramp and orbit orientated

#7770 2 years ago

What are thoughts on training and leveling up? I feel like the risk reward payoff isn’t there. When I attempt to enter the lair, being slightly off kicks the ball back to the right outline at a very high percentage drain. So I’m just not inclined to even try to enter intentionally and level up. As I’m going to drain on the right outlane 5-1.

Does anyone play a specific turtle and level up at the onset strategically? Any better entrance to lair than from right flipper?

Would love to hear perspectives.

#7771 2 years ago

You can backhand the lair shot

skip to 45.25 to see how!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1183310552?filter=archives&sort=time

#7772 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

What are thoughts on training and leveling up? I feel like the risk reward payoff isn’t there. When I attempt to enter the lair, being slightly off kicks the ball back to the right outline at a very high percentage drain. So I’m just not inclined to even try to enter intentionally and level up. As I’m going to drain on the right outlane 5-1.
Does anyone play a specific turtle and level up at the onset strategically? Any better entrance to lair than from right flipper?
Would love to hear perspectives.

There's a ball save option for lair which helps. I have mine set to 2 seconds

#7773 2 years ago
Quoted from blairan213:

Servo Replacement. I know this has been covered, but figured I would share my experience... This is a bulletproof glider servo setup without having to reverse polarity or request counter-clockwise setup from limited vendors (you can substitute the servo for the cheaper ones if desired)… VERY IMPORTANT, there is in-fact a hard stop on the glider and you absolutely have to set the center correctly (probably not default 188 setting) so that far left and far right DO NOT hit that stop. You will notice that the parameters actually change during test if you go from x to y quickly back and forth, so make sure you really let it have it. Mine hit going left at stock when going from L to far L very quickly and repeatedly, and the servo would just continue to whine trying to break past the barrier to the set point. Your servo SHOULD NOT continue to make any noise after it hits max left or right position and the black stop under glider should never actually touch the outside edges. You want the software to limit, not the physical points, that will break your servo.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that possible with a digital servo?

#7774 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

another one...

that looks so good

#7775 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern give Scandell a job, pronto!

Being USA, they are probably more likely to give him a lawsuit than a job

#7776 2 years ago

Folks,
On a plunge or autofire all the way around to the upper flipper, if you don't hit the ball mine often drains SDTM. Is that by design of a ball guide adjustment?

#7777 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I read you can backhand both ramps?

Everyone but me can backhand the left ramp

I haven't waxed my playfield yet, that may be the difference.

#7778 2 years ago

There's a ball save option for lair which helps. I have mine set to 2 seconds

That only works if you actually make the shot! They're talking about missing the shot and draining.

Folks,
On a plunge or autofire all the way around to the upper flipper, if you don't hit the ball mine often drains SDTM. Is that by design of a ball guide adjustment?

In that situation mine drops to the left flipper, bounces to the right flipper, then bounces up and hangs in the air for a bit. Definitely not draining without some flipper contact.

#7779 2 years ago

Folks,

I would check that your upper flipper isn’t sticking out a little bit and altering the ball trajectory. If so you may need to adjust it back in. This happened to me on my LZ on an orbit shot as well. The flipper from the factory was just sticking out enough that when the ball hit it I would get SDTM 100% of the time.

#7780 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

another one...

This looks amazing and address’s my one big complaint with the game- April. Going to put an insider connected kit on my game though, hopeful that one day I could run this eventual code and the kit at the same time (wishful thinking, I know).

#7781 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I would check that your upper flipper isn’t sticking out a little bit and altering the ball trajectory. If so you may need to adjust it back in. This happened to me on my LZ on an orbit shot as well. The flipper from the factory was just sticking out enough that when the ball hit it I would get SDTM 100% of the time.

Quoted from arcyallen:

In that situation mine drops to the left flipper, bounces to the right flipper, then bounces up and hangs in the air for a bit. Definitely not draining without some flipper contact.

Thanks guys, I'll check the flipper... But if not that it sounds like a ball guide adjustment? Is it easy to get to?

#7782 2 years ago

It's not aligned to the hole. But even so a slow mo video doesn't show the ball making contact with it.
I tried to re align the flipper but my 5/32 allen key won't move it at all, even feels like I'm stripping the head of the bolt.

20211116_130245 (resized).jpg20211116_130245 (resized).jpg

#7783 2 years ago

It's not aligned to the hole. But even so a slow mo video doesn't show the ball making contact with it.
I tried to re align the flipper but my 5/32 allen key won't move it at all, even feels like I'm stripping the head of the bolt.
[quoted image]

I removed nearly everything from the surface of my TMNT playfield and the only thing that made me question the entire operation was removing the flipper bats. I felt like I was going to snap my hex key in two. They did eventually give. The other thing you need to know is that to reinstall them, you’ll need to really crank on the bolt to secure it or it will loosen up during play. So there is a reason those bolts are super-tight.

#7784 2 years ago

Back in my Prop collecting days I did a run of Movie accurate TGRI Ooze Canisters. I'm planning on selling my personal canisters from the run and was going to list them for sale on the Replica Prop Forum but thought I'd check if any of the TMNT owners would want it, possibly to use as part of a custom topper or to display with the pin.

The end caps were CNC'd out of solid aluminum stock and the logo plates were rolled to match the radius of the acrylic cylinder.

4C210743-0193-42AD-8ED9-04BD8E8617C7.md (resized).jpg4C210743-0193-42AD-8ED9-04BD8E8617C7.md (resized).jpg

C2712CAE-58FE-44D9-95AB-E10685DE3A7B.md (resized).jpgC2712CAE-58FE-44D9-95AB-E10685DE3A7B.md (resized).jpg

Here is the info on the old run I did years ago:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=29191

#7785 2 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

thought I'd check if any of the TMNT owners would want it, possibly to use as part of a custom topper or to display with the pin.

Possibly. What kind of pricing are we talking?

#7786 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Possibly. What kind of pricing are we talking?

Sorry I should have included that, $250

#7787 2 years ago

What are the domes that have the leds behind on the training plastics? I am considering changing them to red as the white is so bright

#7788 2 years ago

What are the domes that have the leds behind on the training plastics? I am considering changing them to red as the white is so bright

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8662-9

You just need to clip off one of the tabs. Works like a charm. $1.25

#7789 2 years ago

i replaced them with green. Red sounds good too.

#7790 2 years ago

Just slide a piece of colored plastic behind them, change to any color easy

#7791 2 years ago

I actually made a post on this a couple of weeks ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/151#post-6542760

#7792 2 years ago

Just one of many reasons I love this game:

Battling Slash and having a hell of a time hitting any shots. Finally hit the left ramp to get into Dimension X with 2 seconds left on the clock.

"Welp, not beating this mode today," I think to myself.

Ball comes down the wireform, then I combo right ramp > inner loop > center ramp > left ramp to finish the mode.

Just incredible moments like that in this game...then I drained like 3 shots later lol.

#7793 2 years ago

Played in my very first tourney a few weeks ago; luckily TMNT was my first round machine! (almost got to final battle, GC).

But, it was shocking to hear all the other players complain when they drew a game on TMNT. As the tourney went along and they learned that I owned it, they asked about strategy, scoring and turtle selection - no one seemed to have a clue how to score points on this game and everyone picked Donatello or Mikey.

Was interesting to hear the different takes on the game and strategies - they were all over the place (one guy focused on training…) and not even close to how I thought of playing it in a tourney.

Have others experienced this in tourneys?

(Note; finished 3rd overall in the tourney and won handily on TMNT in two rounds)

#7794 2 years ago

Hoping to get some help with an odd issue that recently popped up.

When going for the pizza parlor shot (under the van), if the shot is off and to the right, I hear a loud clunk sound. It hits a metal corner just to the left of the pizza target up there and kills all ball momentum. Seems like the metal to the left of the pizza target is being worn down too. Seems like this shouldn’t happen.

Has anyone experienced this or know of a fix? Am I missing a piece there?

87ECA7F9-B901-42DF-B196-3311328C116E (resized).jpeg87ECA7F9-B901-42DF-B196-3311328C116E (resized).jpeg

#7795 2 years ago

Just bought my first pin, TMNT Pro and wondering what is the recommended balls everyone is using for TMNT? Stick with the factory ones or buy aftermarket?

#7796 2 years ago
Quoted from hammargren:

Stick with the factory ones or buy aftermarket?

i've replaced balls in all of my games with Silverjets from Marco. On games with heavy magnet use (ala TMNT, STh, etc), there have been reports and concerns over balls getting magnetized, but I've had no such problem with any of mine.

#7797 2 years ago
Quoted from hammargren:

Just bought my first pin, TMNT Pro and wondering what is the recommended balls everyone is using for TMNT? Stick with the factory ones or buy aftermarket?

Titan has good pinballs. Get the ones they suggest for games with magnets.

#7798 2 years ago
Quoted from hammargren:

does 'party animal' know its doesn't count in your eyes?

#7799 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Hoping to get some help with an odd issue that recently popped up.
When going for the pizza parlor shot (under the van), if the shot is off and to the right, I hear a loud clunk sound. It hits a metal corner just to the left of the pizza target up there and kills all ball momentum. Seems like the metal to the left of the pizza target is being worn down too. Seems like this shouldn’t happen.
Has anyone experienced this or know of a fix? Am I missing a piece there?
[quoted image]

Looks like your pizza target is off to the right and not centered…maybe it’s letting the ball hit that corner of the metal guide. I would start by centering that stand up target.

#7800 2 years ago

Latest. Worst idea for a callout in this machine. Making the most of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/156?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.