(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 241.
#7701 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Picking up a pro tomorrow, first time picking up a pinball rather than having it delivered
Got a van without tail lift.
First stern also!
My question is, how heavy is a tmnt compared to a B/W, like Fish tales or Road Show?
I'm hoping it's a bit lighter!

Congrats! Great game! Definitely lighter than FT or RS, probably 50 lbs or so lighter.

#7702 2 years ago

I got the game, but already have issues....

The solenoid that releases the ball from the lair lock doesn't work so the ball gets stuck there.

Doesn't work in test whereas all others do.

I'm at a loss as this is my first Stern.... Please advise!

#7703 2 years ago

Inspect wiring, loose or disconnected wire could be the culprit

#7704 2 years ago

I just fiddled around under the pf and backbox and it worked... Guess something loosened in transit!

What a game! Being used to the early 90s Bally Williams I've got a lot to learn

Regarding rules, is there any benefit to holding the left flipper when you plunge?

#7705 2 years ago

I like to just because it's an easy set up for the Krang combo.

#7706 2 years ago

I just fiddled around under the pf and backbox and it worked... Guess something loosened in transit!
Regarding rules, is there any benefit to holding the left flipper when you plunge?

If you have something worthwhile lit at the side loop or side ramp it can be worth going for. I originally always went for the plunge all the way to the upper flipper, but I think generally it's actually better to go into the pops because one of the pict-o-pops awards is an extra ball.

#7707 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

If you have something worthwhile lit at the side loop or side ramp it can be worth going for. I originally always went for the plunge all the way to the upper flipper, but I think generally it's actually better to go into the pops because one of the pict-o-pops awards is an extra ball.

Aah it just seems odd! And even weirder that it has a traditional shooter rod when a lot of sterns use a button, there seems to be no real benefit to soft plunging so far. The skill shot is always the left lane and even if you use the button it seems to bounce to that lane most times! Maybe I have it set up wrong?

Quoted from Jerickso77:

I like to just because it's an easy set up for the Krang combo.

I've goto learn that combo, only played a couple of hours and there's so much going on.

#7708 2 years ago

Well for Donatello his skillshot can be hit by holding the left flipper down to get a shot at that right off the bat.

#7709 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Well for Donatello his skillshot can be hit by holding the left flipper down to get a shot at that right off the bat.

Interesting! So much to learn!

I got 23mil tonight, best so far but no Idea how!

What I find a bit confusing is there's an animation for extra ball but no text or call out. Also doesn't say on screen when your ball does except for the same player being active. No shoot again text, which meant my other half nearly played my balls a few times!

#7710 2 years ago

Interesting! So much to learn!
I got 23mil tonight, best so far but no Idea how!
What I find a bit confusing is there's an animation for extra ball but no text or call out. Also doesn't say on screen when your ball does except for the same player being active. No shoot again text, which meant my other half nearly played my balls a few times!

No text for the extra ball animation and the shoot again is just on the 1987 code. I'm pretty sure the original had text on the video that gave this instruction. It would be nice if there was an audible call-out as well though.

#7711 2 years ago

Another pro tip here is if you medium plunge while holding the left flipper the ball will usually bounce into the add time / pizza target. This can be useful especially if you're about to start pizza frenzy since you'll get a ball save timer while it's going.

#7712 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

No text for the extra ball animation and the shoot again is just on the 1987 code. I'm pretty sure the original had text on the video that gave this instruction. It would be nice if there was an audible call-out as well though.

Ohhh! We installed that code yesterday, so that's it! I should have been clearer then. But i thought the 1987 code only changed the background videos!

#7713 2 years ago

Percent chance there’s a code update on this game?

Can someone explain how to activate “team up”? I’ve played over 100 games and haven’t had it yet. I’m somewhat of a beginner and am struggling to get more than 2 episodes in a game. Kinda wish you could select episodes like Deadpool and that they would save progress

#7714 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Percent chance there’s a code update on this game?
Can someone explain how to activate “team up”? I’ve played over 100 games and haven’t had it yet. I’m somewhat of a beginner and am struggling to get more than 2 episodes in a game. Kinda wish you could select episodes like Deadpool and that they would save progress

Code does need updated! TeamUp starts right after the 4th episode. When it's lit you have to shoot the left ramp to start the multi-ball mode.
BTW if the left outlane is too brutal you can swap out the single star post for a double star post to help close the lane some! Also turning down the sling power a little with help with outlane dranes. Tmnt is a tough players game but you will get a hang of it if you give it time! I personally love this game!

20211105_142933 (resized).jpg20211105_142933 (resized).jpg
#7715 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Kinda wish you could select episodes like Deadpool and that they would save progress

Your progress isn’t saved but even if you fail the episodes you still get to play team up and final battle so in that sense it’s easier. That may be due to the difficulty level I have on, not sure. Also the dimension x targets switch which episode will start

#7716 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

BTW if the left outlane is too brutal you can swap out the single star post for a double star post to help close the lane some!

I would also recommend changing the Battle Again adjustment that makes it change with the flipper buttons rather than the slings, that way you can utilize Battle Again more effectively.

#7717 2 years ago

Left outer drain is a design flaw by missing a mini bumper rod, Correct? Anyone else thought about drilling a matching bumper rod so that it looks like every other game stern's ever made? I feel like because of Covid and everyone working remotely during the making of this game it was over looked. Close to 600 games in and i'm 100% sure that there is supposed to be a rod directly under the training room lower left bumper.

#7718 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Code does need updated! TeamUp starts right after the 4th episode. When it's lit you have to shoot the left ramp to start the multi-ball mode.
BTW if the left outlane is too brutal you can swap out the single star post for a double star post to help close the lane some! Also turning down the sling power a little with help with outlane dranes. Tmnt is a tough players game but you will get a hang of it if you give it time! I personally love this game!
[quoted image]

love this idea! I put a little rubber glass stopper on mine and it has helped TONS, but still feel like drilling a rod so that it matches the right side rod drilled in to april's hair.

#7719 2 years ago

Yeah I've got a tiny little black rubber bumper sticker that you put on cabinet doors so they don't slam wood on wood.

Not sure how much it's helped. Sometimes it goes so fast i'm not sure if it hits it or not.

#7720 2 years ago

So is it pro or prem?

Im a prem guy. I like the extra toys, its a game. Removing fun stuff seems silly to me.

That being said, other than a ball dumping van, controllable diverter, and bouncy krang, do you guys think its worth the extra money?

My buddy wants one and has been trying to convince me that a pro is a good idea.

#7721 2 years ago

Hard shots to my pizza parlor lock have randomly not been locking. I thought it was an opto issue but after cleaning and testing, they all seemed fine. Then I recorded it in slow motion and realized that the balls are jumping over the up post with a hard, clean shot to the lock. I'm sure if the top of the post wasn't tapered like it is, this wouldn't happen. I'll be making an airball cover for that area tonight. Just posting here if anyone else is having this issue.

#7722 2 years ago

Pro really is an amazing deal on TMNT. I originally wanted a premium or LE if I could find one. But I didn't like the art package on the premium except for the back glass. And then a pro came available in the pin desert where I live and I jumped on it.

You really aren't missing out on much. And as far as issues are concerned, you aren't dealing with as many. Quite a few have had issues with the servo on the glider. And some issues with the van.

I really love the idea of the van dumping out the balls like the turtles jumping out of the van to go fight. But I don't regret my purchase at all.

I've added tons of cool mods to it. Like the glider and the krang mod. As well as the technodrone and others. It really doesn't feel lacking at all.

#7723 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Hard shots to my pizza parlor lock have randomly not been locking. I thought it was an opto issue but after cleaning and testing, they all seemed fine. Then I recorded it in slow motion and realized that the balls are jumping over the up post with a hard, clean shot to the lock. I'm sure if the top of the post wasn't tapered like it is, this wouldn't happen. I'll be making an airball cover for that area tonight. Just posting here if anyone else is having this issue.

I've definitely had that issue randomly. Usually when it's a super clean and fast shot into there where it slams into the other balls.

#7724 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

love this idea! I put a little rubber glass stopper on mine and it has helped TONS, but still feel like drilling a rod so that it matches the right side rod drilled in to april's hair.

The DBL star post has made a huge difference and you don't have to drill into the playfield so it's an easy on and off part. $1.75 at marco. As bad as people say tmnt's outlines are they are nothing as brutal as AIQ and It's no contest! I have both games and I can nudge the ball out on tmnt but not a chance on AIQ.

16364895819697619006460832158540 (resized).jpg16364895819697619006460832158540 (resized).jpg
#7725 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

The DBL star post has made a huge difference and you don't have to drill into the playfield so it's an easy on and off part. $1.75 at marco. As bad as people say tmnt's outlines are they are nothing as brutal as AIQ and It's no contest! I have both games and I can nudge the ball out on tmnt but not a chance on AIQ.
[quoted image]

Any chance you could drop the link for Marco? I drain that left channel a lot and this would be a welcome mod!

#7726 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

Left outer drain is a design flaw by missing a mini bumper rod, Correct? Anyone else thought about drilling a matching bumper rod so that it looks like every other game stern's ever made? I feel like because of Covid and everyone working remotely during the making of this game it was over looked. Close to 600 games in and i'm 100% sure that there is supposed to be a rod directly under the training room lower left bumper.

TMNT has no design flaws. Borg is one of the top designers in all of pinball and made what will become one of the most sought after layouts of all time, once TMNT is archived. It’s an asymmetrical design and if that left outlane were any different, you’d have very long game times. It appears tough to shoot at first, but once you get the shots down and trap up to shoot, it has flow and combos unequalled. Just wished the scoring was better balance and maybe all the requirements to get to cowabunga weren’t so tough, lol.

#7728 2 years ago

Can someone please post a link to the servo needed to replace the diverter? Mind finally broke after 3500 games . I really hope it’s an easy swap, it doesn’t look
Like it will be tho Thanks for the help in advance. Or the part number at least

#7729 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So is it pro or prem?
Im a prem guy. I like the extra toys, its a game. Removing fun stuff seems silly to me.
That being said, other than a ball dumping van, controllable diverter, and bouncy krang, do you guys think its worth the extra money?
My buddy wants one and has been trying to convince me that a pro is a good idea.

Borrowed a premium for a month before buying a pro. Haven't missed the premium, but did add a Krang mod for vibes.

#7730 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I would also recommend changing the Battle Again adjustment that makes it change with the flipper buttons rather than the slings, that way you can utilize Battle Again more effectively.

It's 50/50 already... Those aren't bad odds Ball will go SDTM anyhow...!

Rob

#7731 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Borrowed a premium for a month before buying a pro. Haven't missed the premium, but did add a Krang mod for vibes.

I almost never feel obligated to change the glider path while playing my LE. I still like the other extras though.

Rob

#7732 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I almost never feel obligated to change the glider path while playing my LE. I still like the other extras though.
Rob

Dope avatar. I loved reboot.

#7733 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Can someone please post a link to the servo needed to replace the diverter? Mind finally broke after 3500 games . I really hope it’s an easy swap, it doesn’t look
Like it will be tho Thanks for the help in advance. Or the part number at least

Should be relatively easy, but it looks like the one Stern uses is wired backwards, so you have to wire your replacement backwards as well:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/88#post-5933171

Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/Hitec-32645S-HS-645MG-Torque-Metal/dp/B003T6RSVQ/ref=sr_1_1

This post says if you get the linked servo on servocity instead of on Amazon, you can ask for the reverse rotation:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/83#post-5902494

Personally, I would just do the wire swap, but if you're not comfortable doing some soldering, go the servocity route.

#7734 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Personally, I would just do the wire swap

or spend a bit more and buy one thats programmable and know that it'll outlast the machine itself. (HiTec HS-7955TG)

#7735 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

or spend a bit more and buy one thats programmable and know that it'll outlast the machine itself. (HiTec HS-7955TG)

I didn’t know this was an option. Thanks! I was just going off the key topic posts. I feel like this servo should probably be added.

#7736 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

TMNT has no design flaws. Borg is one of the top designers in all of pinball and made what will become one of the most sought after layouts of all time, once TMNT is archived. It’s an asymmetrical design and if that left outlane were any different, you’d have very long game times. It appears tough to shoot at first, but once you get the shots down and trap up to shoot, it has flow and combos unequalled. Just wished the scoring was better balance and maybe all the requirements to get to cowabunga weren’t so tough, lol.

Do t disagree entirely, but It’s a design flaw…100%…doesn’t mean I can’t score, but without a doubt it was some how over looked.

D9305D46-C5AE-4577-AA55-135B4D50B806 (resized).jpegD9305D46-C5AE-4577-AA55-135B4D50B806 (resized).jpeg
#7737 2 years ago

Any idea what this setting is for?
20211110_220955 (resized).jpg20211110_220955 (resized).jpg

#7738 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I've started to have this exact same issue a few months back and haven't had a chance to troubleshoot. My issue started after a fresh coat of wax so I was wondering if it was ball speed pushing by the post or if somehow got wax on an opto in there. Please share what you find out after your air ball cover.

#7739 2 years ago

A question regarding cowabunga mode.

After final battle, you can still complete certain missed objectives (Krang combo, for example). However, the multi-balls don't reset in any way, do they? So it you missed the jackpot-related objectives, you can't get to cowabunga mode at that point, unless I'm missing something

Is that correct, or am I wrong in some way?

#7740 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

A question regarding cowabunga mode.
After final battle, you can still complete certain missed objectives (Krang combo, for example). However, the multi-balls don't reset in any way, do they? So it you missed the jackpot-related objectives, you can't get to cowabunga mode at that point, unless I'm missing something
Is that correct, or am I wrong in some way?

They reset again like after Team Up MB.

#7741 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I've started to have this exact same issue a few months back and haven't had a chance to troubleshoot. My issue started after a fresh coat of wax so I was wondering if it was ball speed pushing by the post or if somehow got wax on an opto in there. Please share what you find out after your air ball cover.

My opto’s had to be replaced 3 times behind the van. All within the first 4 months

#7742 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Since making an airball protector for that area I haven’t had a single lock issue. I’ve played about 15 games on it since.

#7743 2 years ago

I read you can backhand both ramps?

I put my flipper power up by 5 and managed but then never again (I guess flipper fade?).

I also read in this thread that people put the flipper power down and it makes the game play better. But can you still backhand a ramp?

I'm finding the game brutal, set at 6.5 (at least the bubble is dead center of the two lines)

#7744 2 years ago

I put my flipper power up by 5 and managed but then never again (I guess flipper fade?).
I also read in this thread that people put the flipper power down and it makes the game play better. But can you still backhand a ramp?
I'm finding the game brutal, set at 6.5 (at least the bubble is dead center of the two lines)

I can backhand both ramps on factory flipper settings, 6.8 degree playfield, Super Bands. You have to hit them perfectly clean but they make it on almost every clean hit. The right ramp is easier than the left.

#7745 2 years ago

Factory setting back hands for me, and I can’t imagine playing this game without being able to backhand…forehand right ramp can be an immediate drain lol, so scary of a shot! This game IS brutal. Can’t imagine playing it on-site vs at home. I reset SO many games on first ball.

Leonardo makes getting cowabunga mode the easiest FYI, focus on increasing your turtle level in the training, the extra time is absolute KEY.

#7746 2 years ago

Update! Super excited to share progress on this one. (Backdrop with shutterstock logo is temporary)

#7747 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Update! Super excited to share progress on this one. (Backdrop with shutterstock logo is temporary)

Looks SO good

#7748 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

What am I looking at? Are you guys making new video content for this game?

#7749 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What am I looking at? Are you guys making new video content for this game?

That is correct.

#7750 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

That is correct.

Madmen!!! No wonder stern shut down modding. You guys brought the big guns. Wow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

10,500 (OBO)
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.