(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 240.
#7651 2 years ago
Quoted from Ribbitboy:

Just finished constructing and installing my Turtle Select cover. I managed to hide both sets of screws. Thanks to PinMonk for the inspiration.
[quoted image]

I love it! Very simple and color coded perfectly.

#7652 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I love it! Very simple and color coded perfectly.

A green border would set it off to perfect, very cool design.

#7653 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Really cool, this design. Any chance your making more?

Thanks for the kind words, but unfortunately, it's not easy to make more. The main body is laser cut/etched acrylic with paint infill, which is easy enough to reproduce. The problem is the attachments. In order to hide the screws, I cut the heads off of bolts with a Dremel, and superglued the threaded rods into holes I drilled on the back. This isn't an easily reproduceable fabrication method. If anyone has a laser etcher and wants the LightBurn file for the face openings and weapon shapes, I'd be happy to provide a download. But you'd be on your own for the rest.

#7654 2 years ago

I tried the co-op mode for the first time with a regular at my location and I ended up getting to final battle on my first ball while explaining the game to him haha. Kid goes “wow…sooo, this is co-op mode huh?” Game usually kicks my f’n ass too

#7655 2 years ago

Joined the club!

20211101_201814 (resized).jpg20211101_201814 (resized).jpg
#7656 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Joined the club![quoted image]

Congrats and welcome

#7657 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Congrats! Welcome to the lair!

#7658 2 years ago

I finally got to Cowabunga tonight. Ive been close a couple times where, on 3rd ball, Ive had to complete Final Battle in order to move onto Cowabunga. This time, I lit my Pizza Slices Extra Ball DURING Final Battle, collected it, drained and then started my next ball with Cowabunga lit.

Glad to check that off, but don't think I really care to do it again. It feels kind of tedious to get to and doesn't feel particularly exciting or worthwhile when you get there.

#7659 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I finally got to Cowabunga tonight. Ive been close a couple times where, on 3rd ball, Ive had to complete Final Battle in order to move onto Cowabunga. This time, I lit my Pizza Slices Extra Ball DURING Final Battle, collected it, drained and then started my next ball with Cowabunga lit.
Glad to check that off, but don't think I really care to do it again. It feels kind of tedious to get to and doesn't feel particularly exciting or worthwhile when you get there.

Congrats!! Well done, i think i never will get cowabunga, still having hard to reach final battle.

#7660 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Welcome! This game kicks my ass everyday and it's still a blast!

Hell I even put on 5 balls and don't get far. I'll get better over time.

#7661 2 years ago

Has anyone installed one of these led backbox lighting kits? Is it worth it? I’m thinking of getting the deluxe..

EF86A8D4-44D2-42E3-AFE3-2F5D5EC0F5F4 (resized).pngEF86A8D4-44D2-42E3-AFE3-2F5D5EC0F5F4 (resized).png
#7662 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

Has anyone installed one of these led backbox lighting kits? Is it worth it? I’m thinking of getting the deluxe..
[quoted image]

I haven't. I actually turn the back box light way down during the game so there is even less reflection on the glass.

#7663 2 years ago

Same

#7664 2 years ago

Can you not do the left trigger/star reset on this? I swear it's enabled in settings but it doesn't work.

#7665 2 years ago

Start+left flipper? Works for me after 3-5s!

#7666 2 years ago

Anyone has an issue that when you turn on the game it get stuck just after the Turtles logo (before showing the version of the game)? Running 1.42 by the way, and this is the Pro version.

The only light on the playfield is a red switch light on the left ramp, and the machine only gets back after restarting. It happens probably 5-10% of the times I turn it on.

Since the machine is pretty new (1 month old) I still have warranty if need to replace any parts. Just not sure what. Would like to get an idea if anyone faced this as well before opening a case with stern.

Thanks

#7667 2 years ago

Try reinstalling the software and see if it still gets stuck. If it does you can tell Stern it’s likely hardware related.

#7668 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Anyone has an issue that when you turn on the game it get stuck just after the Turtles logo (before showing the version of the game)? Running 1.42 by the way, and this is the Pro version.
The only light on the playfield is a red switch light on the left ramp, and the machine only gets back after restarting. It happens probably 5-10% of the times I turn it on.
Since the machine is pretty new (1 month old) I still have warranty if need to replace any parts. Just not sure what. Would like to get an idea if anyone faced this as well before opening a case with stern.
Thanks

I just had this happen on mine. Also 1 month old. I had just installed the quiet fan in the power supply. I thought I did it wrong and killed my machine. It failed to boot twice so I installed the 1987 code. It booted OK the first time, then failed the next time, but has worked OK the last couple startups. Since it happened with both codes on two different memory cards, it may be something in the hardware.

#7669 2 years ago

This game needs a code upgrade IMO. Increase mission scoring, add combo scores and a choice to cancel 123 foot. Three easy steps to make this game great. I think it shoots fantastic!
(and the bug fixes - please)

#7670 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Thanks

Also happens to me and get "Game restarting" message. I also don't display the correct last game played score (unless i leave the game running for a few minutes before power down). I have the fastest SD card I could buy for a 16GB (cloned from original card) and latest code. I also replaced the motherboard via RMA and same symptoms.

#7671 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Thanks

Did you mean 1.41 game code?

latest update on stern's website...
12/23/20
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES PRO 1.41.0 GAME CODE

#7672 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Thanks

This happens to me too. Sometimes it gets stuck in that loop and I have to restart the game for 30 seconds. Glad its not just me who has this happen.

#7673 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

This happens to me too. Sometimes it gets stuck in that loop and I have to restart the game for 30 seconds. Glad its not just me who has this happen.

I've had it as well since delivery. Not a huge problem so haven't messed with it.

#7674 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

[quoted image]

I have considered doing that upgrade.

I have the lit frames with the Pro translite in it and when lit up it looks beautiful. I replaced the original translite in my Pro with the Premium translite, and it just isn't as bright and the light distribution compared to the frame is not nearly as good. Side by side they look a little off.

#7675 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I've had it as well since delivery. Not a huge problem so haven't messed with it.

Has also recently happened to mine. It was built in Sept 2021. They really need to look into this and other bugs.

#7676 2 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

They really need to look into this and other bugs.

What bugs are those?

Rob

#7677 2 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Has also recently happened to mine. It was built in Sept 2021. They really need to look into this and other bugs.

I'm pretty sure its something in the newest software version. When I got mine, delivered it had the immediate previous code (1.4?) and it never happened. I had some PITA issues with the ball lock behind the turtle van (3 sets of optics to fix). But during this process Stern sent me a new SD with the latest code and that;s when I started getting it.

I also have an issue with balls getting magnetized. I have gone through probably 4 full sets of balls in less than 6 months. I don't know if there necessarily is a fix for this since the magnetized pizza spinner is such a big element of play.

#7678 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What bugs are those?
Rob

I was playing the other day and it also locked up during Turtle power multiball. Was having a great game too.

#7679 2 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

I was playing the other day and it also locked up during Turtle power multiball. Was having a great game too.

The Shredder dialogue that's missing in the final battle should have been fixed ages ago. Seems like they're waiting to bundle it up with other changes.

#7680 2 years ago

In reading the forum, these brackets were recommended for reducing airballs coming off the left ramp: https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-5deg2mm

That being said, there are multiple options for the material. Can someone that already ordered them let me know what they picked? I'd like to ensure this look as good as possible.

Thanks!

#7681 2 years ago

Buy carbon balls that don’t magnetize easily.

Quoted from NovaCade:

I'm pretty sure its something in the newest software version. When I got mine, delivered it had the immediate previous code (1.4?) and it never happened. I had some PITA issues with the ball lock behind the turtle van (3 sets of optics to fix). But during this process Stern sent me a new SD with the latest code and that;s when I started getting it.
I also have an issue with balls getting magnetized. I have gone through probably 4 full sets of balls in less than 6 months. I don't know if there necessarily is a fix for this since the magnetized pizza spinner is such a big element of play.

#7682 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Buy carbon balls that don’t magnetize easily.

I just put a set of Ball Baron Polaris carbon balls in my TMNT. I got tired of having to frequently demagnetize the shiny mirror finish pinballs that it had in it. We'll see how these perform.

#7683 2 years ago

I've played close to a 1000 games on my TMNT Pro, and have never needed to demagnetize the balls

#7684 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsteph:

Did you mean 1.41 game code?
latest update on stern's website...
12/23/20
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES PRO 1.41.0 GAME CODE

Yes, sorry I meant 1.41.0.

I contacted Stern and they suggested flashing a new SD card with the same 1.41.0 code. I doubt this will help and also I find very upsetting after paying $6k+ for a NIB game that the solution is for me to buy the SD card (even not being expensive) and work on the issue. You would expect they would ship me another card with the code by mail.

#7685 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

In reading the forum, these brackets were recommended for reducing airballs coming off the left ramp: https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-5deg2mm
That being said, there are multiple options for the material. Can someone that already ordered them let me know what they picked? I'd like to ensure this look as good as possible.
Thanks!

I bought the ones you linked from swinks after dealing with really wild airballs. They worked perfectly for the past 7 months, with maybe one airball every 100 games. But about a week or two ago, I'm back to getting crazy airballs from the right target that bounce back into the left outlane or hop onto the wireform. I haven't lifted my playfield yet to see what the situation is. I doubt the target has been bent out of shape. I assume the target just needs to be tightened down again?

So, yes. I highly recommend it if you want to stop wild airballs. Since it's really strong, thick metal, I expect my airballs are back because I need to make an adjustment somewhere. I'll report back when I diagnose why my airballs are back.

#7686 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I bought the ones you linked from swinks after dealing with really wild airballs. They worked perfectly for the past 7 months, with maybe one airball every 100 games. But about a week or two ago, I'm back to getting crazy airballs from the right target that bounce back into the left outlane or hop onto the wireform. I haven't lifted my playfield yet to see what the situation is. I doubt the target has been bent out of shape. I assume the target just needs to be tightened down again?
So, yes. I highly recommend it if you want to stop wild airballs. Since it's really strong, thick metal, I expect my airballs are back because I need to make an adjustment somewhere. I'll report back when I diagnose why my airballs are back.

Which of the finish options did you pick, and would you recommend it?

#7687 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

I got the "Polished Bronzed-Silver Steel" ones. I lifted my playfield just now and nothing obvious was loose, but I gave the bolts there a little bit of muscle to tighten everything down. I may need to get my Starretts out to see if they've been bent back to a more upright angle if the airballs continue. I can't imagine that they have been bent by the constant hits from the ball, but have no other leads since I have a playfield protector on and that rules out any imperfection in the play surface.

#7688 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Thanks

Start by re seating the SD card. If that does not work, I think you need to flash a new SD card.

#7689 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

I think the options there on shapeways all have the same hardness, just different finishes. And since it's under the playfield, I just went with the cheapest option. swinks would know better. If mine did bend back from the constant abuse, I may just pick up a few sets from swinks and consider it a consumable that I'll need to replace once in a while. So yes, I do recommend them. They're not cheap, but they eliminated my airballs and if they bend because they get hit a lot, I'll buy them again because they did work great for a long time. Would recommend 100%

(I will measure their current angle later and will report back)

#7690 2 years ago

I imagine a lot of the existing bugs and missing music and effects from the wizard mode will be addressed by Dwight in between finishing Mando and starting his next release.

Xaqery are you able to give any update or insight into the status of TMNT code? Thanks

#7691 2 years ago

How is a shaker motor in this. Worth it?

#7692 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

For the beginning of Ninja Pizza Multiball alone, imo. But it's nice for 123 Foot and some other moments, as well.

#7693 2 years ago

Shaker is very well integrated, definitely go for it.

Quoted from Jerickso77:

#7694 2 years ago

Seriously, is there a pin that isn't better with a shaker in it??

#7695 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Seriously, is there a pin that isn't better with a shaker in it??

Xaqery Likes to shake it up...

Rob

#7696 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Thanks!

Quoted from plasticbugs:

I think the options there on shapeways all have the same hardness, just different finishes. And since it's under the playfield, I just went with the cheapest option. swinks would know better. If mine did bend back from the constant abuse, I may just pick up a few sets from swinks and consider it a consumable that I'll need to replace once in a while. So yes, I do recommend them. They're not cheap, but they eliminated my airballs and if they bend because they get hit a lot, I'll buy them again because they did work great for a long time. Would recommend 100%
(I will measure their current angle later and will report back)

The target brackets are 3d printed metal hence the cost - sorry not much I can do about that.

As for the options - it is just the finish and cost but below the finish they all have the same strength. Some people like to closely matched coloured, some want the cheapest - so I am just giving options. I personally would just go for the cheapest.

As for getting airballs after a while - sometimes as simple as - have you recently cleaned the playfield, polished the playfield, changed the flipper setting, flipper rebuild all contribute to faster balls = increase chance of airballs.....

OR

maybe the brackets have bent to a more vertical shape like the original Sterns. They should be made / supplied with a 5 degree bend - don't bend them vertical straight otherwise you are replicating a stern bracket.

Hope that helps

#7697 2 years ago

Picking up a pro tomorrow, first time picking up a pinball rather than having it delivered
Got a van without tail lift.

First stern also!

My question is, how heavy is a tmnt compared to a B/W, like Fish tales or Road Show?
I'm hoping it's a bit lighter!

#7698 2 years ago

Made a slime accent insert, attaches with magnets.

1BB87324-C7E9-4B67-B3BF-91B0420A2220 (resized).jpeg1BB87324-C7E9-4B67-B3BF-91B0420A2220 (resized).jpeg588AF98F-DB35-488A-95DC-A44DBDB56AA1 (resized).jpeg588AF98F-DB35-488A-95DC-A44DBDB56AA1 (resized).jpegC6608D3E-13F7-4FF1-946A-6DE7B65D1394 (resized).jpegC6608D3E-13F7-4FF1-946A-6DE7B65D1394 (resized).jpeg
#7699 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it!

#7700 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockshots:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What’s the secret of your ooze?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/154?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.