(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 240.
#7601 2 years ago

Whelp. After a month of owning the game I finally reached cowabunga!! I played it extremely lousily though so I didn’t even take down my GC score. I also ignored training since it’s not required and so I had fewer multipliers and scoring. I missed the left ramp to start it like 3 times on my last ball and I was so nervous haha!! Cowabunga dudes!!!!

11EF5E35-5BC1-4162-976A-9520B592B229 (resized).jpeg11EF5E35-5BC1-4162-976A-9520B592B229 (resized).jpegC299AB20-EC8D-4DCD-B65C-91C796A6929C (resized).jpegC299AB20-EC8D-4DCD-B65C-91C796A6929C (resized).jpeg
#7602 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Whelp. After a month of owning the game I finally reached cowabunga!! I played it extremely lousily though so I didn’t even take down my GC score. I also ignored training since it’s not required and so I had fewer multipliers and scoring. I missed the left ramp to start it like 3 times on my last ball and I was so nervous haha!! Cowabunga dudes!!!!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"1cf8b53688063700c761d48163429f5ea09130a1-1634956313-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image][quoted image]

Good job man!

#7603 2 years ago

About to join the club. Who has the best art blades?

#7604 2 years ago

Joined the club today. Following the art blades inquiry as well

20211023_162104 (resized).jpg20211023_162104 (resized).jpg
#7605 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

About to join the club. Who has the best art blades?

Quoted from Jaeg:

Joined the club today. Following the art blades inquiry as well
[quoted image]

Stern.

#7606 2 years ago

I second that.

#7607 2 years ago

Stern

#7609 2 years ago

Stern!

#7610 2 years ago

I just joined (last night) and I like these on my premium, not sure where they are from though.

E743ABE1-9946-4FB7-B731-9B8AED347CD2 (resized).jpegE743ABE1-9946-4FB7-B731-9B8AED347CD2 (resized).jpegFE425C95-A98C-44CE-ABD1-C6EFBDFCC389 (resized).jpegFE425C95-A98C-44CE-ABD1-C6EFBDFCC389 (resized).jpeg
#7611 2 years ago

Dudes!! Pizza mods! Lol

256CCCB2-F032-42CA-8682-0BC587632223 (resized).jpeg256CCCB2-F032-42CA-8682-0BC587632223 (resized).jpegD269B471-DB24-4C24-8CA4-070B7EFF2ED4 (resized).jpegD269B471-DB24-4C24-8CA4-070B7EFF2ED4 (resized).jpeg
#7612 2 years ago

I've been playing this game almost exclusively for the last 2 weeks and I'm starting to finally get it! Getting the timing right on the shots has been key. I'm able to progress through 3-5 episodes now, before I couldn't even complete one lol.

#7613 2 years ago

Would you all agree that the premium/LE is a bit "easier" than the pro? The ability to safely feed the right flipper on the premium/LE changes the game a bit.

#7614 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I just joined (last night) and I like these on my premium, not sure where they are from though.

-link removed-

#7615 2 years ago

Anyone with a Pro turn their van so it points down?

#7616 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I’d be interested in seeing what that looks like

#7617 2 years ago

PLEASE CODE AN OPTION SO THE GI LIGHTS STAY ON AT ALL TIMES!

#7618 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I’d be interested in seeing what that looks like

Mezel had a pic when developing Their dome mod. Check threads

#7619 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

PLEASE CODE AN OPTION SO THE GI LIGHTS STAY ON AT ALL TIMES!

What fun would that be???

#7620 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Yes, there are many posts that explain how to do this. Just look back through this topic.

#7621 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

This is the first time I've seen that style. Any idea where you got it from? The speaker panel decal looks awesome too.

#7622 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

This is the first time I've seen that style. Any idea where you got it from? The speaker panel decal looks awesome too.

Here is the speaker panel which is really nice-

-link removed-

I will have to ask about the side art.

#7623 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Here is the speaker panel which is really nice-
-link removed-
I will have to ask about the side art.

Thanks, it looks like the side art is on that site as well.

#7624 2 years ago

Anyone with a Pro turn their van so it points down?</blockquote

20211024_104922 (resized).jpg20211024_104922 (resized).jpg
#7625 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballVoice:

Moving the Turtle Van is very straightforward. We unscrewed the plastic under the van. Removed the Van from the plastic, drilled a hole in the plastic for the Van’s new front facing position. Re-secured the plastic and van. This reveals a stack of previously hidden [quoted image]detail - a great FREE mod for all Pro owners. It looks like a new van![quoted image][quoted image]

Found it

#7626 2 years ago

How can you tell how many balls are locked in the Pizza Parlor? I've looked hard and apparently am blind. Actually, I -am- color blind so if it's an LED changing color that would explain me not seeing it.

#7627 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

How can you tell how many balls are locked in the Pizza Parlor? I've looked hard and apparently am blind. Actually, I -am- color blind so if it's an LED changing color that would explain me not seeing it.

Top right of the LCD shows 5 toppings, first ball locks in the 2 toppings on the right, second ball locks in the next 2, third ball locks the last topping and starts MB.
Pizza targets change the toppings.

#7628 2 years ago

After nearly 250 games played, I finally encountered the Turtle Power Multiball bug. The game froze up when I scored the Mondo Jackpot (which isn’t a mondo amount of points if you ask me lol).

AF4BDD4C-F9B2-445E-886F-3032D203C5B1.jpegAF4BDD4C-F9B2-445E-886F-3032D203C5B1.jpeg
#7629 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

After nearly 250 games played, I finally encountered the Turtle Power Multiball bug. The game froze up when I scored the Mondo Jackpot (which isn’t a mondo amount of points if you ask me lol).
[quoted image]

Congratulations!! With how long Stern has left the game like this its basically a feature now. I consider it the game forfeiting to you and a point value so high it literally can’t be recognized.

#7630 2 years ago

Just finished a nice high scoring game, and my new GC. Raphael definitely seems to be the best for scoring. His level 3 and 4 perks can make episodes worth 9x and triples mondo and super jackpots with the 3x scoring. I somehow didn’t get to cowabunga unfortunately because I somehow never collected a super jackpot in all 4 multiballs I played. Never had that happen before. All other requirements were filled. I had 3x playfield running on the final battle episode completion bonus and got almost 50M from that alone!! Feels so good to have a game like this after this game kicks my ass over and over!!!

9B03D685-DF20-4C02-93C2-35E23CD9E9BF (resized).jpeg9B03D685-DF20-4C02-93C2-35E23CD9E9BF (resized).jpeg
#7631 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Just finished a nice high scoring game, and my new GC. Raphael definitely seems to be the best for scoring. His level 3 and 4 perks can make episodes worth 9x and triples mondo and super jackpots with the 3x scoring. I somehow didn’t get to cowabunga unfortunately because I somehow never collected a super jackpot in all 4 multiballs I played. Never had that happen before. All other requirements were filled. I had 3x playfield running on the final battle episode completion bonus and got almost 50M from that alone!! Feels so good to have a game like this after this game kicks my ass over and over!!!
[quoted image]

I would just like to say that your scores are very.... SUS

#7632 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Beat me to it...

#7633 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

#7634 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

His level 3 and 4 perks can make episodes worth 9x

I actually think that these don't stack like you'd expect. Way, way back, I took the glass off and tested a bunch of things and I believe that was one of the things I figured out. So if you have level 4 Raph, episodes will always be worth 3X even if the playfield X is running. Of course, I could be wrong.

#7635 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I actually think that these don't stack like you'd expect. Way, way back, I took the glass off and tested a bunch of things and I believe that was one of the things I figured out. So if you have level 4 Raph, episodes will always be worth 3X even if the playfield X is running. Of course, I could be wrong.

Yea, I wasn't entirely sure because I'd assume the scoring would be way higher than what I was getting, so I suppose you are likely correct at that. Kinda weird because multipliers usually do stack with one another. The playfield x multiplier seemed to stack with the 2x Krang bonus from Raph level 2.

#7636 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

[quoted image]

Did you have a ball in the lair? Normal single player 3 ball game?

#7637 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Yea, I wasn't entirely sure because I'd assume the scoring would be way higher than what I was getting, so I suppose you are likely correct at that. Kinda weird because multipliers usually do stack with one another. The playfield x multiplier seemed to stack with the 2x Krang bonus from Raph level 2.

"likely correct," I'll take it! haha

Frankly, I'm glad they don't stack because that would even further benefit you for playing as Raph and as it is, I really wish the Turtles were better balanced. It's a cool, unique-ish feature of the game but it is underdeveloped/unbalanced as it currently sits.

#7638 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

KRANG MOD GUIDE (pro model)
I am very proud and i hope you enjoy this mod too, it came out way better than i thought.
Buy this Toy: Neca Donatello vs Krang
[quoted image]
Cut the back of Krang for the LED illumination
Drill a hole in Krangs mechsuit in the size of a LED Socket and hot glue it from the back later. Make sure you do not glue where the LED has to be attached, for a good electrical connection and you can swap LEDs later too. I did use a cold white 8 SMD LED, make sure Krang has enough room in the mechsuit too because of the LED inside. Glue Krangs arms into his mechsuit, so they don't get lost.
The LED connection has to be solderd on the red LED of the Krang insert. So Krang will light up when you shoot the center loop, he does his call outs or the Krang shot Hurry up is running. You can see the two blue heat shrink tubings, those are the cables I cut and where I soldered in the Krang cables too, make sure you don't mix +/- connection. You always can go into LED test in the settings, make sure to press the coin door switch, otherwise the LED test will not work.
[quoted image]
I attached the toy with a cable clamp, just make sure the toys feet don't get under the pop bumper.

I finally located a Krang toy and want to do this mod. This will be my first "home made" mod that uses LEDs and taps in. I'm comfortable with the wiring, but which LED socket and bulb would work? I don't know enough about them to know what to search for to get the right size, etc.

#7639 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

"likely correct," I'll take it! haha
Frankly, I'm glad they don't stack because that would even further benefit you for playing as Raph and as it is, I really wish the Turtles were better balanced. It's a cool, unique-ish feature of the game but it is underdeveloped/unbalanced as it currently sits.

I totally agree, all of Raphs perks are pretty useful for scoring big. Some of the other turtles perks are pretty underwhelming when compared. Especially the perk for 2x team up multiball. That one in particular seems very weak considering how little you play teamup, and the fact that you could easily reach that level after playing teamup the first time, and getting to it again isn’t easy at all. And 2x pizza eating contest is only an extra 2m points or so here or there since pizza eating doesn’t come up too often either. Also I kinda wish there was more incentive to level up at all. The flat 10% bonus scoring per level is nice, but even though cowabunga is hard enough as is, I feel like getting to level 3 or even 4 should be a requirement to motivate us to level up. The neutrino pizza party mode is pretty lackluster and I rarely try and play it.

#7640 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

The flat 10% bonus scoring per level is nice, but even though cowabunga is hard enough as is, I feel like getting to level 3 or even 4 should be a requirement to motivate us to level up. The neutrino pizza party mode is pretty lackluster and I rarely try and play it.

Agreed, I'm glad Neutrino Pizza Party is there and it is fun to try and blow it up but really training SHOULD be all about the Perks.

#7641 2 years ago

Just a reminder that the last TMNT set will available to bid on Fri./Sat. at the Project Pinball charity auction at Expo. I'm not sure if there will be a way to bid without being on site or not.

I built a switch box for it so the mod can be tried out in person

tmnt auction (resized).pngtmnt auction (resized).pngtyhyth (resized).jpgtyhyth (resized).jpg
#7642 2 years ago

Does anyone know if it's possible to get more than 1 octopus topping locked in?

#7643 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get more than 1 octopus topping locked in?

No, it is not possible.

#7644 2 years ago

Asked Cary hardy on his stream last night to show apron on turtles. It had insider connected, but no tmnt specific artwork. Just the ugly red stickers. As crazy as it sounds without specific yeti artwork I'll be passing on IC. The red is just too ugly. Hopefully they just didn't have time or didn't care for expo.

#7645 2 years ago

I got quite the pizza lined up..

EE638CD5-5A7F-4602-9122-FE0289858D23 (resized).jpegEE638CD5-5A7F-4602-9122-FE0289858D23 (resized).jpeg
#7646 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Asked Cary hardy on his stream last night to show apron on turtles. It had insider connected, but no tmnt specific artwork. Just the ugly red stickers. As crazy as it sounds without specific yeti artwork I'll be passing on IC. The red is just too ugly. Hopefully they just didn't have time or didn't care for expo.

I’ve said this in a few threads, there needs to be game specific artwork like that on Godzilla for the Retrofit kits.

If they don’t I hope there is enough wire/cabling to bring it down to the coin door or tournament button hole.

#7647 2 years ago

Yeah if there isnt game specific artwork on these insider retro kits. Then I'm alllllll the way out.

#7648 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve said this in a few threads, there needs to be game specific artwork like that on Godzilla for the Retrofit kits.
If they don’t I hope there is enough wire/cabling to bring it down to the coin door or tournament button hole.

Yeah Zombie Yeti specifically said we would not be losing any art with Insider connected. Well that looks like some lost art to me. Obviously on newer games they can make art around it. But that looks to be specific to the Premium and LE versions. Godzilla Pro didn't have art down there.

I'll be holding off for exactly what you said. A mod or something that lets us put that scanner by the coin door or something.

Losing art especially on TMNT. You lose 2 of the 4 turtles! What the hell.

#7649 2 years ago

Just finished constructing and installing my Turtle Select cover. I managed to hide both sets of screws. Thanks to PinMonk for the inspiration.

Turtle Select Cover Small (resized).jpgTurtle Select Cover Small (resized).jpg
#7650 2 years ago
Quoted from Ribbitboy:

Just finished constructing and installing my Turtle Select cover. I managed to hide both sets of screws. Thanks to PinMonk for the inspiration.
[quoted image]

Really cool, this design. Any chance your making more?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/153?hl=grayont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.