(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 241.
#7451 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

One more mocked up. Animation coming. But I need to triple check to see if alternate/randomized audio clips play for these. If they do...I probably won't bother with lip sync on this mode's clips.
[quoted image]

Another example of how good your’s looks over Stern’s effort. Remarkable difference.

#7452 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

As a Donatello main I just want the game to not crash on me. Even if it is like 4% of the times I have played. Also audio in the final battle.

Yes, audio in final battle. Why so long for that to be fixed.

Quoted from pinballsteph:

Has there been a fix for the "Turtle Power multiball reset issue"?
Running latest code 1.41 (SD Card from Stern).
Tried with a new SD card (class 10, 16GB sandisk)
still happens, once in ~50 games or so. (2 days in a row now...)
thanks
[quoted image]

Nope.

#7453 2 years ago

One more to go of these compositions.

DonHelpOops (resized).pngDonHelpOops (resized).png
#7454 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

[quoted image]

It’s night and day with the stern version. Wow. Are you planning on tweaking the turtles too?

#7455 2 years ago

Wow I guess I don’t look at the screen much but that April is but ugly!

#7456 2 years ago

Hey all…anyone have this prob with TMNT? I play by myself and the game works fine, two players, still good…four player in league and all the balls get stuck in the ball lock. In ball search the pin will go up and down so fast it only releases on ball. So…when the player drains, it ends multi it pops out just one more ball. It’s really infuriating league players so much I’m thinking of just selling the game (which sucks cause I love it) Any help is appreciated

#7457 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hey all…anyone have this prob with TMNT? I play by myself and the game works fine, two players, still good…four player in league and all the balls get stuck in the ball lock. In ball search the pin will go up and down so fast it only releases on ball. So…when the player drains, it ends multi it pops out just one more ball. It’s really infuriating league players so much I’m thinking of just selling the game (which sucks cause I love it) Any help is appreciated

i had some problems with the ball lock due magnatized balls. Sometimes in ball search it did not even release one ball. After changing the balls to unmagnatized new ones the problem did not occour again. It may be a start?
but i am not sure if it will fit your problem as you have only problems with multiplayer games.

#7458 2 years ago

Did TMNT ship with balls that can become magnetized? I still have the stock stern balls in there.

Quoted from cabal:

i had some problems with the ball lock due magnatized balls. Sometimes in ball search it did not even release one ball. After changing the balls to unmagnatized new ones the problem did not occour again. It may be a start?
but i am not sure if it will fit your problem as you have only problems with multiplayer games.

#7459 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Did TMNT ship with balls that can become magnetized? I still have the stock stern balls in there.

yes, some reported that they had problems begginng 20-50 Games.
for TMNT it's advisable to use hard to magnetize balls, with carbon Steel.

#7460 2 years ago

Thanks! I’ll grab some. Figured they would ship with the appropriate balls. Guess not! Haha

Quoted from cabal:

yes, some reported that they had problems begginng 20-50 Games.
for TMNT it's advisable to use hard to magnetize balls, with carbon Steel.

#7461 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

So I’m hoping to replace those as well.
“Ball one locked” with the video of the turtles boringly walking into a pizza parlor. That’s the kind of the thing that’s a candidate for replacement.

I really need to start my own thread on this. Sorry for hijacking. Next update will be in a new thread.

I don't mind the ball locked animations. Yeah they are a bit boring, but it's leading up to them sitting at the booth and then having the foot soldier bring them the pizza.

Others definitely need an update for sure tho.

And don't hesitate posting in here. I look forward to every update you've posted.

#7462 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

[quoted image]

I didn't mind how they animated the turtles originally. But having your updated April next to the turtles now makes the turtles look sub par.

#7463 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I didn't mind how they animated the turtles originally. But having your updated April next to the turtles now makes the turtles look sub par.

It's all relative. Now, Instead of April being the weakest link...some other aspect of the animations will be annoying. But... overall it will be better. I am fairly certain my high scores will raise once I have a beautiful April to aspire towards. haha. nope.

New update.

I decided the Michelangelo moment should be a little bit more relaxed...since the twist of this being all for a birthday party is well at hand that point...and her callout "The foot are stealing all the pizza!" is quite unbelievable even in their world. So i thought I would add some fun...

The pizza is actually the second "weakest link" with the animations IMO. It looks so...odd and gray and unappetizing. In some of the animations...it looks like VFX pizza...i think they had a few different 3D models for it...for some reason.

Collage (resized).pngCollage (resized).pngMikeyHelpOOps (resized).pngMikeyHelpOOps (resized).png

#7464 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I am embarrassed to admit I modeled the wrong communicator for April. Haha.
Hair is still temporary
[quoted image]

This is beautiful work. Seeing yours and the one we have is night and day!

I don't mind the ball locked animations. Yeah they are a bit boring, but it's leading up to them sitting at the booth and then having the foot soldier bring them the pizza.
Others definitely need an update for sure tho.
And don't hesitate posting in here. I look forward to every update you've posted.

What might be a good compromise is having Scandell 's improved April at the news desk, and the footage in the news graphic area is the turtle pizza shop clips for the ball lock callouts. I don't want to get greedy, but it would be an awesome upgrade to get better animations in April-adjacent places.
news_desk (resized).pngnews_desk (resized).png

#7465 2 years ago

whoops... double post

#7466 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

It's all relative. Now, Instead of April being the weakest link...some other aspect of the animations will be annoying. But... overall it will be better. I am fairly certain my high scores will raise once I have a beautiful April to aspire towards. haha. nope.
New update.
I decided the Michelangelo moment should be a little bit more relaxed...since the twist of this being all for a birthday party is well at hand that point...and her callout "The foot are stealing all the pizza!" is quite unbelievable even in their world. So i thought I would add some fun...
The pizza is actually the second "weakest link" with the animations IMO. It looks so...odd and gray and unappetizing. In some of the animations...it looks like VFX pizza...i think they had a few different 3D models for it...for some reason.
[quoted image][quoted image]

April is now a good looking sexy reporter we’ve always known from the series. Love all the facial expressions. Stern should hire you.

#7467 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

What might be a good compromise is having Scandell 's improved April at the news desk, and the footage in the news graphic area is the turtle pizza shop clips for the ball lock callouts. I don't want to get greedy, but it would be an awesome upgrade to get better animations in April-adjacent places.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I put the old footage INTO her reporting window...and we go for April centric animation package. She already has the majority of the callouts...

#7468 2 years ago

Is there a recurring issue with registering hits on the truck? My daughter has a machine and I am 600 miles away from her so trying this repair long range

thanks

#7469 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Is there a recurring issue with registering hits on the truck? My daughter has a machine and I am 600 miles away from her so trying this repair long range
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"1a3896006ad33d23ec1c1ef53e6429ccc74ea4d2-1633390137-1800"};
//]]>

thanks

If you are talking about the turtle van, check the wiring under the playfield around the area to make sure all of the couplers are fully set. When I got mine from the factory, I had a soft set coupler for the switch/sensor at the ball lock position under the van.

#7470 2 years ago

This pin has such a great diversity of shots. I have no problem making the Lair shot, but I miss the inner loop and center ramp 80% of the time! And I'm usually pretty good at those types of shots. I've hit 21 loop shots in a row on No Fear, but it's a rattley brickfest on this machine. After a week of having it I've also come to understand there are times to keep the ball moving (normal play) and times to catch and shoot (modes). I find it fun to change my mindset mid-game like that. At first I never caught the ball, and that become an exercise in frustration. But I'm finally figuring out what works.

Except that inner loop and center ramp shot

#7471 2 years ago

Does anyone else find their balls magnetize super fast in this game or do I have an extra hidden issue?

I have a pro and balls started getting stuck in the van and not registering on a drain. I switched up the balls to new Polaris ones and reseated the trough cables and everything was good but only for about 60 games when it started happening again. I’ve ordered more balls to see if that fixes it again but I’m wondering if something else might be wrong or if they really magnetize that quickly in turtles? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

#7472 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Does anyone else find their balls magnetize super fast in this game or do I have an extra hidden issue?

I have it happen with mine. Luckily, the machine shop I work at has a demagnetizer, so I just bring in the balls from TMNT every once in a while and demagnetize them. That spinning magnetic pizza seems to really have to power to magnetize balls in a hurry. Cool feature though.

#7473 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I have a pro and balls started getting stuck in the van and not registering on a drain. I switched up the balls to new Polaris ones and reseated the trough cables and everything was good but only for about 60 games when it started happening again. I’ve ordered more balls to see if that fixes it again but I’m wondering if something else might be wrong or if they really magnetize that quickly in turtles? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Just happened to me this past weekend. Was wondering why balls were having issues in the lock and the trough and they are now "sticky". I have some extras that I am replacing them with (I also started getting the noisy pizza spinner so its time to find some oil to apply)

#7474 2 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Just happened to me this past weekend. Was wondering why balls were having issues in the lock and the trough and they are now "sticky". I have some extras that I am replacing them with (I also started getting the noisy pizza spinner so its time to find some oil to apply)

I’ve wondered before, how noisy is noisy for the pizza? I can hear it with the glass on and volume low but it doesn’t sound super loud

#7475 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I’ve wondered before, how noisy is noisy for the pizza? I can hear it with the glass on and volume low but it doesn’t sound super loud

It’ll sound a bit like it’s grinding. It definitely is loud even when oiled when it’s spinning and the glass is off. But it shouldn’t sound like it’s grinding. If you hear grinding, apply oil. I’ve had to do it once so far after about 500 games.

#7476 2 years ago

Thanks, it doesn’t sound like it’s grinding, just the noise of it whizzing round really. Thanks for the answers on the balls too, sounds like they magnetize fast for a lot of people. I didn’t think I had another problem as it was solved with the new balls, I was just surprised it was happening again after so few games.

#7477 2 years ago

FYI im using Titan balls with no magnetization problems after 1200 games

#7478 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

It’ll sound a bit like it’s grinding. It definitely is loud even when oiled when it’s spinning and the glass is off. But it shouldn’t sound like it’s grinding. If you hear grinding, apply oil. I’ve had to do it once so far after about 500 games.

I've oiled mine a few times over a few months of heavy use. Definitely helps. But it won't remove it all together.

Quoted from drinklime:

FYI im using Titan balls with no magnetization problems after 1200 games

Same! Highly recommend. Haven't had an issue with magnetization with these or the Ninja balls that I got with my game.

#7479 2 years ago

New to the club and lovin the game so far.

Any tips or tweaks to make the exit of the right ramp not be so gnarly on way out? A solid shot up the ramp makes the ball bounce hard off lower loop and almost completely miss the upper left flipper.

#7480 2 years ago

Mockup for "Ball One Locked" I have to watch out for the text layouts and the outer framing of the score and pizza toppings and modes completed and all that.

BallOneLock (resized).jpgBallOneLock (resized).jpg

#7481 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Mockup for "Ball One Locked" I have to watch out for the text layouts and the outer framing of the score and pizza toppings and modes completed and all that.
[quoted image]

Fantastic! Love the giant pinball. Super cute.

#7482 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Fantastic! Love the giant pinball. Super cute.

Naw, the pinball is regular size, she's small

#7483 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Naw, the pinball is regular size, she's small

I think I remember seeing something like that on an episode.

Bingo! : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0767623/

#7484 2 years ago

Hey everyone, I will be joining the party in a few days! Got my 1st pinball machine coming on Friday premium edition! I ordered a bunch of extras too. Side art, side armor, Leo ball launcher, the topper, shaker motor, invisiglass, speaker led kit, gitd rubbers and tmnt banner to top it off gonna be a fun weekend!

#7485 2 years ago

If you are into that kind of thing, Stern Insider Connected is now live and TMNT is one of the first 6 games with achievements posted. There are 77 achievements in total. You can browse through them once you've created your account

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 4.59.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-06 at 4.59.34 PM (resized).png
#7486 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If you are into that kind of thing, Stern Insider Connected is now live and TMNT is one of the first 6 games with achievements posted. There are 77 achievements in total. You can browse through them once you've created your account

So 24 achievements of those 77 will just be: Episodes start, complete, and complete quickly. Kinda boring, but to be expected.

#7487 2 years ago

But…can we buy the QR kit on the Stern site yet?

Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

[quoted image]

#7488 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

But…can we buy the QR kit on the Stern site yet?

Nope and it sounds like it still wont be available for a while due to supply chain issues.

#7489 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

So 24 achievements of those 77 will just be: Episodes start, complete, and complete quickly. Kinda boring, but to be expected.

Yeah I expect most of them to be kind of like that. And some others that will be super grindy.

#7490 2 years ago

Yeah I expect most of them to be kind of like that. And some others that will be super grindy.

Yea, a lot of them are sorta just coincidental and you can get from normal play. Some seem somewhat challenging though. Getting all turtles to training level 4, collecting 4 consecutive weapon combos in a 4 player coop game, getting sub 100 seconds on half shell challenge, and of course reaching cowabunga! Also yea a few grindy ones like eating 1000 slices of pizza or defeating 250 foot. But those wouldn't take that many games.

#7491 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Yea, a lot of them are sorta just coincidental and you can get from normal play. Some seem somewhat challenging though. Getting all turtles to training level 4, collecting 4 consecutive weapon combos in a 4 player coop game, getting sub 100 seconds on half shell challenge, and of course reaching cowabunga! Also yea a few grindy ones like eating 1000 slices of pizza or defeating 250 foot. But those wouldn't take that many games.

Don't forget "completing 8 Episodes." That's actually a pretty solid achievement.

#7492 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Don't forget "completing 8 Episodes." That's actually a pretty solid achievement.

Agreed. That's quite challenging. Also completing team up and final battle are pretty tough. I've been to team up many times and I don't think I've even been close to completing it. I'm assuming you need to save all 3 other turtles to complete it?

#7493 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Agreed. That's quite challenging. Also completing team up and final battle are pretty tough. I've been to team up many times and I don't think I've even been close to completing it. I'm assuming you need to save all 3 other turtles to complete it?

If you are just trying to beat it, getting the Wrath of Krang (Krang Level 2 mode) completed allows you to shoot 2 shots instead of like 6 or 8, to light the rescue phase. So that definitely helps completion, but hurts points, in my experience.

They also have a couple achievements related to taking in the right toppings to Ninja MB, but in my experience, you don't really "select" ALL of your toppings all that much, maybe if you see one come up but I really dont think the toppings selection is intuitive in any way.

#7494 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

If you are just trying to beat it, getting the Wrath of Krang (Krang Level 2 mode) completed allows you to shoot 2 shots instead of like 6 or 8, to light the rescue phase. So that definitely helps completion, but hurts points, in my experience.
They also have a couple achievements related to taking in the right toppings to Ninja MB, but in my experience, you don't really "select" ALL of your toppings all that much, maybe if you see one come up but I really dont think the toppings selection is intuitive in any way.

That's a nice tip, thanks! The episode completion perks definitely seem like they can make a large impact. Although playing Wrath of Krang before team up itself is a little tough since you need to play I Want a Body before too. Also as far as the pizza toppings, I'll admit I've never really paid attention to the toppings I'm locking in or attempted to get specific ones before, but I could see myself doing it for an achievement.

#7495 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

[quoted image]

Holy shit man give stern your CV

#7496 2 years ago

1.27s for the Pizza Party. I knew my hours of playing Track and Field would pay off someday!

Does anyone know if the clock is running slow, or slow to start, or? Because it -feels- like a lot longer than the screen ever says.

#7497 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

1.27s for the Pizza Party. I knew my hours of playing Track and Field would pay off someday!

Does anyone know if the clock is running slow, or slow to start, or? Because it -feels- like a lot longer than the screen ever says.

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you talking about Half Shell Challenge?

#7498 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you talking about Half Shell Challenge?

No, during the Pizza Eating Contest. I'm pretty sure it took more than 1.27 seconds for me to push that button 40 times. It sure FEELS like more than 1.27 seconds.

#7499 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

No, during the Pizza Eating Contest. I'm pretty sure it took more than 1.27 seconds for me to push that button 40 times. It sure FEELS like more than 1.27 seconds.

Naw, that was full Track and field coming out, muscle memory, LOL

#7500 2 years ago

Anyone else see that the new QR reader might be able to block game mods such as the 1987 graphics after its hooked up to the net.... That would suck

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/150?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.