(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 240.
#7401 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I like the mezel mods glider, but I'm not really sold on that turtle fig. The scale is off and I think it might look better without it. I'm glad you like it though!

Yeah the scale is definitely off, but it works for now until I can find a smaller figure for it.

#7402 2 years ago

I recently saw somebody else do this on Facebook. I bought these figures and they arrived today. Their scale is a perfect match to the turtle van and the fact that they have nice bases is a huge plus when it comes to attachment options. Placing them near each colored flasher is the plan. Also, they are on-model to Zombie Yeti’s turtles and the original tv show.

eBay search: “Tmnt click and go”

I paid $20 shipped. They also are sold individually
F5284F36-A359-408C-99C3-D7406721D01D (resized).pngF5284F36-A359-408C-99C3-D7406721D01D (resized).png

#7403 2 years ago

I just got my pro the other day and it's my first spike 2 game. When it's in attract mode there's a periodic whirring/humming noise coming from what seems to be the power supply fan. Is this normal? I've never heard of this happening before.

#7404 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

I just got my pro the other day and it's my first spike 2 game. When it's in attract mode there's a periodic whirring/humming noise coming from what seems to be the power supply fan. Is this normal? I've never heard of this happening before.

all newer stern games do this. There is a mod you can do for quieter fan, maybe pinmonk sells them?

#7405 2 years ago

Definitely get the silent fan.

Super easy replacement and I no longer hear the random spin ups when the game is idle.

#7407 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

I made a 3d printed part and instructions if you want to DIY by mounting a small fan above the fan vent (does not require opening up the power supply housing), otherwise the pinmonk kit is a good option (does require opening the power supply housing).

Happy to send you a print for the cost of shipping (just about $3 if you're in the US).

3d print and instructions here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4844962
featured_preview_IMG_5403 (resized).jpgfeatured_preview_IMG_5403 (resized).jpg

#7408 2 years ago

Thanks for the info guys! I'll probably get the silent fan once I'm finally tired of hearing the stock one.

#7409 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:Definitely get the silent fan.
Super easy replacement and I no longer hear the random spin ups when the game is idle.

Only time My games are idle is when they are off!

#7410 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Thanks for the info guys! I'll probably get the silent fan once I'm finally tired of hearing the stock one.

That'll be like 11 minutes

#7411 2 years ago

After catching up on the first 60 pages of this group and not remembering seeing an answer, I emailed Stern last night:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received and set up my TMNT Pro tonight and am having an issue. Here are the symptoms:
-While in attract mode/idle, the machine will start repeatedly triggering the lock release. That lasts about thirty seconds, then it stops and gives the onscreen error "Upper Lock Device Malfunction" (see videos)
-During the game the lock doesn't always release the balls properly

For troubleshooting I've done this:
-Manually triggering the coil in the test menu works 100%
-Manually checking the three optos in the test menu works 100%
-The balls are minimally magnetized, no more so than brand new balls I also have. Which probably isn't relevant, as...

I figured it might have been a flaky opto so I left the machine in Switch Test mode and sure enough, the lock started repeatedly triggering and "Upper Lock 1" was triggering with no input from me. (There were no balls in the machine)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone here have any wisdom? I've seen similar issues, but they involve balls. I think this is likely an opto issue.

#7412 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I've seen similar issues, but they involve balls. I think this is likely an opto issue.

Yeah, my first thought was "This sounds like what happens when my TMNT's balls become magnetized and start hanging up in the upper lock". Obviously in that case, demagnetizing the balls or replacing them fixes the issue for me. The balls don't have to be heavily magnetized to cause this issue for me. Luckily, the machine tool shop where I work has a demagnetizer. I'm always bringing pinballs into work, LOL.

#7413 2 years ago

While I wait for the Pinside Wisdom to start pouring in on my above issue, I'll share my -first- TMNT Pro story.

An hour before I was going to order my TMNT NIB, a trusted local guy contacted me with his Pro for a good price. I'd played the game before and remember it to be pristine, and he'd only had it a short time. I asked if there were any issues, he said "no, no issues" and I accepted. Again, nice guy who I trusted (and still do) so I said "Just wrap it up and I'll pick it up tonight". I clearly did not do my due diligence, which is where I dropped the ball.

Fast forward to the pickup: I see the coin box top is smashed in and the handle is broken (!). But hey, it could have happened outside the machine. The cabinet has no protectors where the ratchet straps touch. Then I watch him drag it a bit on gravel (on its backside) to get it into my van. I'm cringing, but I keep telling myself it's fine. Once it's in the van I see the backside is indeed chewed up a bit. Ugh, "well, it's only the backside, it's ok" I think. Get it home, set it up, and can't get the backbox open. It's jammed, and a little bent. The coin -door- has been pushed in a bit and scrapes the bottom of the jam when you open it. And I discover the coin box isn't even the right one! Exasperated, I call him and he comes over and ultimately picks up the machine and refunds me. To his credit, once he was made aware of the issues he quickly offered to fully take care of it. I don't think he was trying to be dishonest but maybe he missed some of "the details". As he moved the pin out I guided and kept my fingers on the corners of the cabinet so that it'd gently bump my fingers instead of damaging the cabinet (something I always do when moving machines) in case of contact. Sometimes I might get a light bruise from it. That night the move cost me 3/4" of skin ripped off.

Moral of the story? Different people show different levels of TLC for their machines. And: Trust, but verify

#7414 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I made a 3d printed part and instructions if you want to DIY by mounting a small fan above the fan vent (does not require opening up the power supply housing), otherwise the pinmonk kit is a good option (does require opening the power supply housing).
Happy to send you a print for the cost of shipping (just about $3 if you're in the US).
3d print and instructions here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4844962
[quoted image]

Great works on this! I need to print one. Anything else I should know?

#7415 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

After catching up on the first 60 pages of this group and not remembering seeing an answer, I emailed Stern last night:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received and set up my TMNT Pro tonight and am having an issue. Here are the symptoms:
-While in attract mode/idle, the machine will start repeatedly triggering the lock release. That lasts about thirty seconds, then it stops and gives the onscreen error "Upper Lock Device Malfunction" (see videos)
-During the game the lock doesn't always release the balls properly
For troubleshooting I've done this:
-Manually triggering the coil in the test menu works 100%
-Manually checking the three optos in the test menu works 100%
-The balls are minimally magnetized, no more so than brand new balls I also have. Which probably isn't relevant, as...
I figured it might have been a flaky opto so I left the machine in Switch Test mode and sure enough, the lock started repeatedly triggering and "Upper Lock 1" was triggering with no input from me. (There were no balls in the machine)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone here have any wisdom? I've seen similar issues, but they involve balls. I think this is likely an opto issue.

The game must thing there is a ball there, which would point to the optos. I see they tested fine for you initially, but it could be one of those annoying intermittent things. Maybe a slight short, flaky connection, or marginal solder joint on the opto board? I'd look that board and connectors over well, reseat the connectors, and maybe reflow some solder joints on it. Look for anything that could be shorting in the area. Also make sure the optos are nice and snug and not slightly blocked by anything. And sometimes, optos just are bad. In that case, Stern will replace them, or they are cheap enough if you have to order yourself. Good luck! Intermittent issues can be super annoying to track down.

#7416 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

and maybe reflow some solder joints on it

I refuse to reflow solder joints on a one hour old pin

#7417 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I mean, I get your point but in my book it's worth a try. Something I can fix myself in 5 minutes vs a week or more to get a replacement is always worth trying. And even if it doesn't work at least you narrowed down the issue a bit instead of just throwing new parts at it. Everyone has a different comfort level though, and I'm sure Stern will help you out. Hope you get it fixed up quick!

#7418 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

well, I hope you aren't waiting for Stern to send someone over.

#7419 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

While I wait for the Pinside Wisdom to start pouring in on my above issue, I'll share my -first- TMNT Pro story.
An hour before I was going to order my TMNT NIB, a trusted local guy contacted me with his Pro for a good price. I'd played the game before and remember it to be pristine, and he'd only had it a short time. I asked if there were any issues, he said "no, no issues" and I accepted. Again, nice guy who I trusted (and still do) so I said "Just wrap it up and I'll pick it up tonight". I clearly did not do my due diligence, which is where I dropped the ball.
Fast forward to the pickup: I see the coin box top is smashed in and the handle is broken (!). But hey, it could have happened outside the machine. The cabinet has no protectors where the ratchet straps touch. Then I watch him drag it a bit on gravel (on its backside) to get it into my van. I'm cringing, but I keep telling myself it's fine. Once it's in the van I see the backside is indeed chewed up a bit. Ugh, "well, it's only the backside, it's ok" I think. Get it home, set it up, and can't get the backbox open. It's jammed, and a little bent. The coin -door- has been pushed in a bit and scrapes the bottom of the jam when you open it. And I discover the coin box isn't even the right one! Exasperated, I call him and he comes over and ultimately picks up the machine and refunds me. To his credit, once he was made aware of the issues he quickly offered to fully take care of it. I don't think he was trying to be dishonest but maybe he missed some of "the details". As he moved the pin out I guided and kept my fingers on the corners of the cabinet so that it'd gently bump my fingers instead of damaging the cabinet (something I always do when moving machines) in case of contact. Sometimes I might get a light bruise from it. That night the move cost me 3/4" of skin ripped off.
Moral of the story? Different people show different levels of TLC for their machines. And: Trust, but verify

This! I was shocked the first time I picked up a game from a "long time" collector, that always has several machines for sale...

#7420 2 years ago
Quoted from blairan213:

This! I was shocked the first time I picked up a game from a "long time" collector, that always has several machines for sale...

Ouch. Yeah. I baby all my machines when moving/working on them.

I cringe when I see some yank Theirs around or move them with back boxes not bolted down.

#7421 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

well, I hope you aren't waiting for Stern to send someone over.

Well, that -was- the plan (I was expecting them to bring warm chocolate chip cookies, too!) but this morning I looked at it harder. Problem solved (so far). It appears to have been an opto that was bent a tiny bit out of alignment. I straightened it, and after five games it seems to be 100%. Most excellent!

#7422 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Ouch. Yeah. I baby all my machines when moving/working on them.
I cringe when I see some yank Theirs around or move them with back boxes not bolted down.

There's an arcade I go to that had a Mandalorian, brand new when it first came out. The head was rubbing on the claw machine next to it. I was going to say something, but thought "They can clearly see it's rubbing". I went back two months later.

Still rubbing.

#7423 2 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

Great works on this! I need to print one. Anything else I should know?

Nope! Just follow the instructions on that Thingiverse page. It'll make things easier if you get the same fan. I used a connector from Pinball Life (linked in the description on Thingiverse) to connect to the 12 Volt supply on the board near the mounted fan. It did require some soldering of the wires to each other. You could probably get away with twisting the wires and using electrical tape, but soldering them and covering them with some heat shrink tubing is a safer, more permanent solution.

The stock fan never comes on. The mounted fan runs continuously but is very quiet. You can make it even quieter by using one of the included "low noise adapter" connectors that comes with the fan. The connectors reduce the RPMs of the fan.

#7424 2 years ago

Animation Update:

Animation done by fellow ex-deeprooter :
Allison Ataide

#7425 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Animation Update:

Allison Ataide

Wow, looks great!

#7426 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Animation Update:

Allison Ataide

Looks so good! Can’t wait to replace the worst part of what’s there now. Anything that has to do with April is atrocious. The rest of animations are quite good, although some of those animations could use some help too. Don’t know why Stern made April so subpar.

#7427 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Animation Update:

Allison Ataide

I like it!

#7428 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Animation Update:

Allison Ataide

Fantastic!!

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Looks so good! Can’t wait to replace the worst part of what’s there now. Anything that has to do with April is atrocious. The rest of animations are quite good, although some of those animations could use some help too. Don’t know why Stern made April so subpar.

Yeah I agree that most are quite good. The only other one that really stands out as bad is Baxter Stockman flying.

#7429 2 years ago

Some TMNT code update news from Dwight on tonight's Mando Deadflip stream.

"TMNT update is mostly cool Connectivity stuff. But some of that is REALLY cool"

"One cool thing coming is TEAM-UP spots a needed Cowabunga item"

"TMNT scores are not getting tweaked much. Sorry."

#7430 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"TMNT update is mostly cool Connectivity stuff. But some of that is REALLY cool"

Yeah saw all this too.
Scores not getting tweaked much, but sounds like is a little bit!

#7431 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Animation Update:

Allison Ataide

Yeah looking great. Once finished, just send to Stern to update in the code for everyone!

#7432 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As a Donatello main I just want the game to not crash on me. Even if it is like 4% of the times I have played. Also audio in the final battle.

#7433 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh wow, thats actually huge. I never though of anything like that. I just hope Team Up itself gets a bit of attention, like continuing in single ball play, even if just for like 10 or 15 seconds of "resurrect the mode" time or something. Getting to the mode isn't a gimme, Id like for it to be a little rewarding.

#7434 2 years ago

Seriously I came back just to repeat how amazing that April animation is. Stern needs to hire you.

#7435 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Animation Update:

Quoted from RoyalJack:

Seriously I came back just to repeat how amazing that April animation is. Stern needs to hire you.

Thank you kindly. Another small update just for that. We are busting out a few more here shortly. I 3D modeled her turtle communicator too, so we should be changing some of them up from the news bench setting too.

I played it tonight for an hour and watched for other clips that don’t have April shown but does have her voice. So I’m hoping to replace those as well.

“Ball one locked” with the video of the turtles boringly walking into a pizza parlor. That’s the kind of the thing that’s a candidate for replacement.

I do want to repeat I like a lot of the character animations…Shredder especially. I just don’t think the Stern team has the timeframes and budget needed to tackle character animation work for franchises like this.

I really need to start my own thread on this. Sorry for hijacking. Next update will be in a new thread.

#7436 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Thank you kindly. Another small update just for that. We are busting out a few more here shortly. I 3D modeled her turtle communicator too, so we should be changing some of them up from the news bench setting too.
I played it tonight for an hour and watched for other clips that don’t have April shown but does have her voice. So I’m hoping to replace those as well.
“Ball one locked” with the video of the turtles boringly walking into a pizza parlor. That’s the kind of the thing that’s a candidate for replacement.
I do want to repeat I like a lot of the character animations…Shredder especially. I just don’t think the Stern team has the timeframes and budget needed to tackle character animation work for franchises like this.
I really need to start my own thread on this. Sorry for hijacking. Next update will be in a new thread.

Please continue updates in our club thread. We are the main people interested in your awesome work so it is not hyjacking the thread in anyway. It is more troublesome to check another thread for your updates. Besides our club thread needs the activity, since its gone kind of silent. Again very good work!

#7437 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Please continue updates in our club thread. We are the main people interested in your awesome work so it is not hyjacking the thread in anyway. It is more troublesome to check another thread for your updates. Besides our club thread needs the activity, since its gone kind of silent. Again very good work!

My only complaint is that this stuff wont be in the official code. I totally agree that it's not a question of talent among the animations team at Stern but one of resources and time. But this thread definitely seems like the right place for updates on your animations work.

#7438 2 years ago

How are you guys backhanding the left ramp? I've had it for a week and the flipper doesn't have enough power (at 250 default) unless there's energy from the moving ball already. It gets near the top, but then comes back down. My pitch is at 6.5.

#7439 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

How are you guys backhanding the left ramp? I've had it for a week and the flipper doesn't have enough power (at 250 default) unless there's energy from the moving ball already. It gets near the top, but then comes back down. My pitch is at 6.5.

255 is default right? I need to clean and wax to get it up that ramp backhanded.

#7440 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

#7441 2 years ago

My flipper power is at 190 and mine make it all day long up that ramp. Wax your playfield with a nice wax.

#7442 2 years ago

Has there been a fix for the "Turtle Power multiball reset issue"?

Running latest code 1.41 (SD Card from Stern).
Tried with a new SD card (class 10, 16GB sandisk)

still happens, once in ~50 games or so. (2 days in a row now...)

thanks

IMG_20211001_144406 (resized).jpgIMG_20211001_144406 (resized).jpg
#7443 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsteph:

Has there been a fix for the "Turtle Power multiball reset issue"?
Running latest code 1.41 (SD Card from Stern).
Tried with a new SD card (class 10, 16GB sandisk)
still happens, once in ~50 games or so. (2 days in a row now...)
thanks
[quoted image]

If you contact Stern tech support, they'll send you a newly flashed SD card to see if that corrects the issue.

#7444 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I can't hit it on mine either without nudging on the hit.

#7445 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Do you have weird flipper rubbers on it? It's not an EASY shot, but completely doable at 6.5, at least with real rubber or perfect plays. Not sure about others, but different rubbers can definitely change shots. Level left to right?

#7446 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Do you have weird flipper rubbers on it? It's not an EASY shot, but completely doable at 6.5, at least with real rubber or perfect plays. Not sure about others, but different rubbers can definitely change shots. Level left to right?

I have superbands

#7447 2 years ago

I am embarrassed to admit I modeled the wrong communicator for April. Haha.

Hair is still temporary
46AF7559-25C4-4733-A35B-BCF8C4BDDD72 (resized).png46AF7559-25C4-4733-A35B-BCF8C4BDDD72 (resized).png

#7448 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I am embarrassed to admit I modeled the wrong communicator for April. Haha.
[quoted image]

Even doing the wrong communicator, April looks light years better and more equal to our fab art done by ZY.

#7449 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Animation Update:

Allison Ataide

that looks amazing. Good work dude! When do you think you’ll be done all the models?

#7450 2 years ago

One more mocked up. Animation coming. But I need to triple check to see if alternate/randomized audio clips play for these. If they do...I probably won't bother with lip sync on this mode's clips.

RaphHelpOOps (resized).pngRaphHelpOOps (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-eustache, QC
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/149?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.