(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 241.
#7351 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Anywhere else a good source to buy the default flipper rubbers? Pinball Life trying to charge me 16 bucks to ship 6 rubbers. What?!?

I think MarcoSpecialties.com does $8 shipping within the US, could be wrong though.

#7352 2 years ago

I’ve been following this thread I have played tmnt a few times n like it I want to get one more pin before stock is gone and have to pay more for one I’m on the fence with tmnt or Elvira or Deadpool my question is is there a lot of problems with tmnt or just common issues.

#7353 2 years ago

No more than any other stern I have bought,
pro,nothing I would be concerned about,
premium,glider sevro is junk,diverter to van May need adjustment so it does not bash the ramp,
My le has been a blast!
Spinner may need oil also!

#7354 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Yep. I’m down to 190 and can still backhand the right ramp.

What angle do you play at? My right flipper is default power at 6.5 degrees and sometimes it doesn't make it all the way up the right ramp.

#7355 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Anywhere else a good source to buy the default flipper rubbers? Pinball Life trying to charge me 16 bucks to ship 6 rubbers. What?!?

Pretty much any pinball vendor is going to have standard flipper rubber. But shipping is probably going to suck at all of them.

Looks like Game Room Guys sells rubber on Amazon with free shipping, but the rubbers themselves are hilariously overpriced. ($10 for 2, LOL!).

#7356 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Pretty much any pinball vendor is going to have standard flipper rubber. But shipping is probably going to suck at all of them.
Looks like Game Room Guys sells rubber on Amazon with free shipping, but the rubbers themselves are hilariously overpriced. ($10 for 2, LOL!).

There is no vendor near me. So I'm stuck buying everything online. I saw the game room guys also has a 4 pack. But with free shipping that is cheaper than pinball life and marco.

#7357 2 years ago

I make sure that if I'm spending money someplace and have to make an order, i'll tell ya damn well i'm going to have a lot extra in my cart IE: spare rubber of all kinds and a few parts to justify paying the exorbitant prices to get shit to Canada. So, I have an healthy stash of colors and sizes at my disposal.

#7358 2 years ago
Quoted from khc66:

Got the premium a couple days ago and completely frustrated. About half the time the multiball from the van will not stop. It releases like it should and fills back up while playing. Then when you eventually drain all the balls in play the game stays on, after a bit the balls from the van come out again. It does this endlessly. And I mean endlessly. I let it run for an hour with no one there and it was still doing it. Only fix is a reboot. So now I have to reboot the machine every other time I play it. Forget playing with friends as at some point in one of our games it will happen. Machine is legit unplayable. I emailed stern but thought I would post here in case someone was like, ya, you are supposed to "x" to fix it. It came with v1.4. Thanks for any help you might have.

I tested the opto and that is functional. I spent a day trying to figure this out and my best guess is that the fourth ball to the van, the one that starts the multi-ball hits the third ball and stops. The van then opens but the fourth doesn't have enough momentum to maybe make it (maybe there is a small over a lip) and gets stuck. When the van refills with balls, the fourth ball that didn't drop then becomes the first in the van as the first balls momentum that is reloading hits it, the ball that should be the third in the van being left in the fourth spot, again hung on that lip. The machine then has a misplaced ball and after awhile ejects the van, starting the whole cycle over. So maybe a manufacturing alignment issue at the back of the van. The company I bought from didn't have any ideas so I will hit Stern up and see if they have a solution. Thanks for the help everyone!

#7359 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

What angle do you play at? My right flipper is default power at 6.5 degrees and sometimes it doesn't make it all the way up the right ramp.

I’ll check.

#7360 2 years ago

Is there a mode in the game that causes the sling shots to pop without being hit? Just random activation. If not, has anyone had this issue before? Eventually they stopped which makes me think it was mode activated?

#7361 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Is there a mode in the game that causes the sling shots to pop without being hit? Just random activation. If not, has anyone had this issue before? Eventually they stopped which makes me think it was mode activated?

No mode. Sounds like your sling switches need to be adjusted. If they are gapped too tight, certain vibrations can set them off. Pretty common pinball maintenance to regap them. Over time the ball bashing into them can bend the switch blades a little.

#7362 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Adjust the switches

#7363 2 years ago

Got it...I'll take a look at both switches. One more question for you guys who've had this game for some time and "dialed" it in. How if at all do you make this table more "playable"? Lol, maybe I just need to improve my skills, but I don't think I'm terrible. 1 billion on BSD, 1.5 billion on Ghostbusters, 200 million on T2, and overall pleasant experiences on other tables I play on locations. However, TMNT is just nasty. How do you guys have yours set up? Pitch, sling power, flipper power, tips and tricks?

Cheers!

#7364 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Got it...I'll take a look at both switches. One more question for you guys who've had this game for some time and "dialed" it in. How if at all do you make this table more "playable"? Lol, maybe I just need to improve my skills, but I don't think I'm terrible. 1 billion on BSD, 1.5 billion on Ghostbusters, 200 million on T2, and overall pleasant experiences on other tables I play on locations. However, TMNT is just nasty. How do you guys have yours set up? Pitch, sling power, flipper power, tips and tricks?
Cheers!

I lowered the sling and flipper power, now it's a bit more playable.

#7365 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

How do you guys have yours set up? Pitch, sling power, flipper power, tips and tricks?

Set the LAIR lane ball save to 2 seconds (default of 0), and set the Battle Again outlane to change with the flippers (default: changes with sling hits)

#7366 2 years ago

Ordered my first NIB pin, TMNT pro! Ordered it yesterday from @cointaker. Melissa was super nice and very helpful. It comes next week, I can't wait!

I also created a FB group for us here https://www.facebook.com/groups/tmntpinball/

#7367 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Ordered my first NIB pin, TMNT pro! Ordered it yesterday from CoinTaker. Melissa was super nice and very helpful. It comes next week, I can't wait!
I also created a FB group for us here https://www.facebook.com/groups/tmntpinball/

Milissia is the best of the best and is a gem,you did good!

#7368 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for a really nice pro I've put mine up for sale.... I'm in South Carolina.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/120880

20210915_202501 (resized).jpg20210915_202501 (resized).jpg
#7369 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

If anyone is looking for a really nice pro I've put mine up for sale.... I'm in South Carolina.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/120880[quoted image]

Hold up. Which code set has the arcade game graphics? I thought the 1987 code only had clips from the show? If it has game stuff I might be forced to switch over.

#7370 2 years ago

FYI, GameStop TMNT villain statues are heavily discounted. Normal price was $49.99, just bought Krang for $22.79 (including extra 5% off as a GameStop pro member.

Link here with others in the suggested section:
https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/statues/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredder-statue/11110510.html?condition=New

Nice quality statues for your custom toppers.

#7371 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyBriskets:

FYI, GameStop TMNT villain statues are heavily discounted. Normal price was $49.99, just bought Krang for $22.79 (including extra 5% off as a GameStop pro member.
Link here with others in the suggested section:
https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/statues/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredder-statue/11110510.html?condition=New
Nice quality statues for your custom toppers.

Welp, there goes $50 for Bebop and Rocksteady. Thanks!

#7372 2 years ago

After catching up and reading the first 47 pages of this forum, I have a question: Did anyone run into trouble selling their "grainy playfield" TMNT? I think most people wouldn't really care in general, but pinheads can be a...particular...bunch.

#7373 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

After catching up and reading the first 47 pages of this forum, I have a question: Did anyone run into trouble selling their "grainy playfield" TMNT? I think most people wouldn't really care in general, but pinheads can be a...particular...bunch.

A grainy playfield may be the ticket for a decent priced game now with the 7k pro standard price coming into effect.

#7374 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

A grainy playfield may be the ticket for a decent priced game now with the 7k pro standard price coming into effect.
A tmnt pro with the LE grainy playfield sounds like a winner

#7375 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

A tmnt pro with the LE grainy playfield sounds like a winner.
Peoe could be mobbing for that LE grainy playfield with these prices..I'll take one for 2k less shit...

#7376 2 years ago

Holy.

#7377 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

A tmnt pro with the LE grainy playfield sounds like a winner.
Peoe could be mobbing for that LE grainy playfield with these prices..I'll take one for 2k less shit...

I have not heard of grainy le playfields ,pooling yes but not grainy!

#7378 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have not heard of grainy le playfields ,pooling yes but not grainy!

No, I was calling the grainy playfields LE's..lol
Get it..

#7379 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:Ok it seems to me that my glider positions need to be properly calibrated in the Game-specific diagnostic menu. Currently my glider is moving into position to hold the ball, but where it ends up does not stop the ball. I need to move my left and right positions closer to center I believe.
Has anyone successfully recalibrated their glider positions? For some reason I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Would also love to know what glider positions some of you show in this screen. Here are my current settings:
Far Left: 150
Left:163
Center: 175
Right:195
Far Right:213
For the calibration process, am I supposed to move the glider by hand to the proper positions, or use the +/- buttons to dial this in.
Thanks in advance for your support

Did you succeed ? I have the same problem .

#7380 2 years ago

If anyone is interested in joining the TMNT club, I have just listed my pro for trade/sale on the marketplace

Machine - For Trade
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Stern TMNT Pro for sale/trade. Nice shape Flash Gordon or Future Spa + cash preferred, check my wishlist for other potential trades. No termite or water damaged games, please. I ca...”
2021-09-18
Palm Harbor, FL
Trade
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 472 times

#7381 2 years ago

Hey everyone,

Love my turtles premium, but I’ve had this odd problem since I got it a few months ago and I’ve searched fora solution but no luck.

When selecting a turtle at the start of the game, the action button will launch the ball, but not select the turtle. The game will be going, but the LCD and game are still waiting for you to select your turtle. Eventually it picks whatever random character.

Plunging the ball works, but I usually prefer the action button to start, unless I’m looking to short plunge.

And the really odd thing is that this bug only happens sometimes. Like, if it gets in this pissy mode, it’ll do a bunch of failed selections back to back.... other times, it functions normally with the action button.

I’m stating to think it’s a software issue, and should maybe get a new set card and download the latest code (pretty sure I’m on the latest)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#7382 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Hey everyone,
Love my turtles premium, but I’ve had this odd problem since I got it a few months ago and I’ve searched fora solution but no luck.
When selecting a turtle at the start of the game, the action button will launch the ball, but not select the turtle. The game will be going, but the LCD and game are still waiting for you to select your turtle. Eventually it picks whatever random character.
Plunging the ball works, but I usually prefer the action button to start, unless I’m looking to short plunge.
And the really odd thing is that this bug only happens sometimes. Like, if it gets in this pissy mode, it’ll do a bunch of failed selections back to back.... other times, it functions normally with the action button.
I’m stating to think it’s a software issue, and should maybe get a new set card and download the latest code (pretty sure I’m on the latest)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There’s a switch halfway up the ramp that locks in the selected turtle when the ball rolls over it. With the glass off, can you test that switch manually. It sounds like it may need to be adjusted.

Switch 14 in the attached pic.

DA8CB6DE-73E3-43CE-9CD5-6538B20C3C00 (resized).pngDA8CB6DE-73E3-43CE-9CD5-6538B20C3C00 (resized).png
#7383 2 years ago

I'm looking at buying an IM pro but am also considering TMNT pro. Do any of you folks own both? Which do you prefer?

#7384 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

There’s a switch halfway up the ramp that locks in the selected turtle when the ball rolls over it. With the glass off, can you test that switch manually. It sounds like it may need to be adjusted.
[quoted image]

This switch is a major design flaw in the game. I like to select my turtle and hold the left flipper to open the upper gate so the ball skips the pops so I can immediately go for the upper loops. But if I don’t time the left flipper hold perfectly…I end up selecting the next turtle in the lineup. Dumb.

#7385 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

This switch is a major design flaw in the game. I like to select my turtle and hold the left flipper to open the upper gate so the ball skips the pops so I can immediately go for the upper loops. But if I don’t time the left flipper hold perfectly…I end up selecting the next turtle in the lineup. Dumb.

Just hold the flipper BEFORE selecting your Turtle. Pretty easy workaround, though a nice code change would be to change your turtle on flipper release, rather than the flipper press.

#7386 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Just hold the flipper BEFORE selecting your Turtle. Pretty easy workaround, though a nice code change would be to change your turtle on flipper release, rather than the flipper press.

I always just go one to the right of the one I want, then hit left and hold. Have to do this on lots of games...Metallica stands out to get the song you want plus the super skill shot. Pretty much any game where you make a selection and have a SSS available will have this same issue. (err...except Iron Maiden, which really surprised me that it doesn't move the song unless you let go of the button before plunging....genius but kind of throws me off from being so used to the standard way, LOL).

#7387 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

[quoted image]

Hey thanks for the fast reply.

So I figured out what it was. I had set the auto-plunger to 255, because when I first got it, the auto-plunger sometimes failed to get up and over the ramp.

When I set it back to default (200) the turtle selection worked perfectly!

I'm guessing the extra speed was messing with the rollover switch, because manually plunging would work every single time. And I knew the lockdown bar button was working, since it's always how I start a game, and the diverter/pizza eating contest has always been functional too.

Makes you appreciate what a subtle and delicate balance of motion these pinball machines are.

Figured I'd make sure to post this here just in case anyone else has the same problem.

#7388 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I thought i saw in the settings that you can make the turtle selection not scroll…. That would also solve it

#7389 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I thought i saw in the settings that you can make the turtle selection not scroll…. That would also solve it

That just makes it auto-scroll through the Turtles or not. But the flippers will still cycle through them as well. But yes, definitely a setting to turn off in my opinion.

#7390 2 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

I'm looking at buying an IM pro but am also considering TMNT pro. Do any of you folks own both? Which do you prefer?

Iron Maiden is probably the better game but it has the flaw of not having enough music. TMNT is a close second but the firmware is still crap and needs to be fixed. At least the music falls into the background more.

#7391 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Iron Maiden is probably the better game but it has the flaw of not having enough music. TMNT is a close second but the firmware is still crap and needs to be fixed. At least the music falls into the background more.

I crank mine up when I play it. The music on Stern TMNT is so insanely good.... except 123 foot, but that's not Jerry's fault, haha, it's just annoying how easy that is to trigger.

Speaking of which.

I really REALLY wish there was a way for the lair shot to override 123 foot. 123 foot is essentially triggered randomly. The lair shot is super specific and skill based. It makes sense for the intentional shot to override the unintentional rollover. Is there any way to fix this?

#7392 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I really REALLY wish there was a way for the lair shot to override 123 foot. 123 foot is essentially triggered randomly. The lair shot is super specific and skill based. It makes sense for the intentional shot to override the unintentional rollover. Is there any way to fix this?

Make the 123 Foot light cycle on/off with the flippers, would be my suggestion. I hate when I have Turtle Power lit, start an episode and the ball goes down the 123 Foot lane, and now I can't start Turtle Power.

#7393 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

That just makes it auto-scroll through the Turtles or not. But the flippers will still cycle through them as well. But yes, definitely a setting to turn off in my opinion.

Yeah I turned the auto scroll through turtles off. And I go to the right of the turtle I want, then press the left flipper and keep it held down to select the turtle I want and open up the loop.

I generally only do it for Donatello tho for the skillshot. The others I like going up to the pop bumpers for some possible bonuses.

#7394 2 years ago

Anyone know a good connection point for some gator clamps for a trough LED light? Preferably near the coin door...thanks!

#7395 2 years ago

3600 plays on my le and my glider motor went out . Sucks, it’s not totally dead,but it doesn’t work , glass off, if I nudge it to the right it activates but stays on the right . It’s done, what’s the servo motor on Amazon everyone got ? And is it easy to swap out ?? Thanks in advance

#7396 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

3600 plays on my le and my glider motor went out . Sucks, it’s not totally dead,but it doesn’t work , glass off, if I nudge it to the right it activates but stays on the right . It’s done, what’s the servo motor on Amazon everyone got ? And is it easy to swap out ?? Thanks in advance

It’s one of the stickies on the first page

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/83#post-5902494

#7397 2 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

Anyone know a good connection point for some gator clamps for a trough LED light? Preferably near the coin door...thanks!

Don’t you usually you tie in a trough light into a near by GI light, like under one of the slings?

#7398 2 years ago

Wanted to share a cool turtle flying a glider in my TMNT Pro.
Glider mod from Mezel Mods. Leonardo Donatello is from an eBay listing of 6 piece TMNT set.

PXL_20210925_2015423652 (resized).jpgPXL_20210925_2015423652 (resized).jpgPXL_20210925_2016140152 (resized).jpgPXL_20210925_2016140152 (resized).jpg

#7399 2 years ago
Quoted from jtportland:

Glider mod from Mezel Mods. Leonardo is from an eBay listing of 6 piece TMNT set.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's Donnie dude! Jk looks good

#7400 2 years ago
Quoted from jtportland:

Glider mod from Mezel Mods. Leonardo is from an eBay listing of 6 piece TMNT set.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the mezel mods glider, but I'm not really sold on that turtle fig. The scale is off and I think it might look better without it. I'm glad you like it though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/148?hl=mikespins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.