(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 241.
#7301 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Thanks for the tip. I’m tried to push it up and down but I have no idea what I’m doing. Do I squeeze it together?

It’s a normally open leaf switch. The idea is, the button presses down on that white peg, forcing the large blade down, and making contact with the small blade underneath. This closes the switch/circuit. Your switch isn’t in proper adjustment, so when you press the button down, the two blades still don’t make contact. When adjusting a switch, almost always, the adjustment needs to be made on the small blade. So, you need to bend the smaller blade up a little. Not too much, you don’t want them always touching. Just when the button is pressed.

49073D52-9E5C-4160-960D-349B1B4A4121 (resized).jpeg49073D52-9E5C-4160-960D-349B1B4A4121 (resized).jpeg
#7302 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Thanks for the tip. I’m tried to push it up and down but I have no idea what I’m doing. Do I squeeze it together?

If you have a plastic shooter lane protector installed, you may also want to check if the switch in the shooter lane is registering. If that switch doesn’t register, the action button will not work (even thought it’s light up).

#7303 2 years ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

If you have a plastic shooter lane protector installed, you may also want to check if the switch in the shooter lane is registering. If that switch doesn’t register, the action button will not work (even thought it’s light up).

But if that was the case, wouldn't it still work during the pizza eating contest? Which they said it does not.

#7304 2 years ago

I'm about 10 pages in but need to ask a current question: Are there any issues to look for on this machine bought today? I'm familiar with Stern pooling and the odd playfield resolution problems. Am I naïve to think these problems are unlikely on a new machine this late in the run? Or are people still seeing these issues?

#7305 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm about 10 pages in but need to ask a current question: Are there any issues to look for on this machine bought today? I'm familiar with Stern pooling and the odd playfield resolution problems. Am I naïve to think these problems are unlikely on a new machine this late in the run? Or are people still seeing these issues?

My TMNT arrived yesterday. It's absolutely beautiful. No issues with the color or printing. I don't see any pooling or anything at all. I had to reseat a few RJ45 connectors to resolve some quirky flipper/power issues during multiballs. I also made sure all connectors were tight on the bottom of the play field. A few were semi-lose. I'm currently working out a non functioning Action Button issue.

#7306 2 years ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

I don't have any protectors installed, but thanks for the idea!

#7307 2 years ago
Quoted from TheHoss:

It’s a normally open leaf switch. The idea is, the button presses down on that white peg, forcing the large blade down, and making contact with the small blade underneath. This closes the switch/circuit. Your switch isn’t in proper adjustment, so when you press the button down, the two blades still don’t make contact. When adjusting a switch, almost always, the adjustment needs to be made on the small blade. So, you need to bend the smaller blade up a little. Not too much, you don’t want them always touching. Just when the button is pressed.
[quoted image]

So I've played with this a bunch and still no success. Is there a cable I should double check or reseat?

#7308 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

So I've played with this a bunch and still no success. Is there a cable I should double check or reseat?

Did you have a distro? If its bad out of the box, i'm sure they are willing to be helpful

#7309 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

I would take the balls off the playfield and go into switch test, it will alarm if any switches are closed. if there are no switches closed then you can manually press the switch for the glider and see if it shows closed. this will at least tell you if you have a issue somewhere

#7310 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

To pin down the issue, open your coin door, take your lock bar off and enter the Service Menu (black button)
Hit black button again to enter menu
Hit black button on DIAG selection
Hit black button on SW selection
Hit black button on TEST selection
Close the coin door
Press down the little white nubbin where the action button was
If the Lockdown button doesn't show on the screen, then there is a wiring issue
If it does show, then the leaf switch under the white nubbin needs to be adjusted so that the switch closes when the action button is pressed.

#7311 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

If you get desperate maybe ask a local pinsider to help show you basic adjustments !

#7312 2 years ago

On mine, when you put the lockdown bar on, you have to make sure the button and switch line up or it doesnt work. Try hitting that switch with the lockdown off. If it works you know you have to find the sweet spot for the lockdown bar.

#7313 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

On mine, when you put the lockdown bar on, you have to make sure the button and switch line up or it doesnt work. Try hitting that switch with the lockdown off. If it works you know you have to find the sweet spot for the lockdown bar.

Quoted from rockrand:

If you get desperate maybe ask a local pinsider to help show you basic adjustments !

Quoted from plasticbugs:

To pin down the issue, open your coin door, take your lock bar off and enter the Service Menu (black button)
Hit black button again to enter menu
Hit black button on DIAG selection
Hit black button on SW selection
Hit black button on TEST selection
Close the coin door
Press down the little white nubbin where the action button was
If the Lockdown button doesn't show on the screen, then there is a wiring issue
If it does show, then the leaf switch under the white nubbin needs to be adjusted so that the switch closes when the action button is pressed.

Quoted from PinHead50:

I would take the balls off the playfield and go into switch test, it will alarm if any switches are closed. if there are no switches closed then you can manually press the switch for the glider and see if it shows closed. this will at least tell you if you have a issue somewhere

Quoted from northerndude:

Did you have a distro? If its bad out of the box, i'm sure they are willing to be helpful

Quoted everyone for awareness because I really appreciate your help! This is my first pin and I'm learning!

It's fixed! Ultimately, trying to test it with the Lockbar off proved that it wasn't the leaf switch. I reseated all the connectors on the board from the leaf switch and the button light, and a few extra around it for good measure.

#7314 2 years ago

Here are the two powder coat colors I’m debating for my pro. Again Green makes sense and I like that it isn’t so subtle… but purple, I feel, matches the art better. In different light the purple has some blue in it also.

Thoughs?

A961E9E7-9820-491E-AF53-E7AFB9A7CA54 (resized).jpegA961E9E7-9820-491E-AF53-E7AFB9A7CA54 (resized).jpeg

23D3C07F-7CF0-4534-84D2-A2B52271DA10 (resized).jpeg23D3C07F-7CF0-4534-84D2-A2B52271DA10 (resized).jpeg
#7315 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Here are the two powder coat colors I’m debating for my pro. Again Green makes sense and I like that it isn’t so subtle… but purple, I feel, matches the art better. In different light the purple has some blue in it also.
Thoughs?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

My vote is for green.

#7316 2 years ago

And I will vote purple.

#7317 2 years ago

I vote purple as well. That is what I’m considering for mine!

#7318 2 years ago

Half shell turtle green all the way! (The purple doesn’t look too much different than standard Stern Black crackle finish, lol. You even felt like you needed a second photo to show us that it is in fact somewhat purple.)

#7319 2 years ago

Can someone explain how to tell what pitch angle/degree your pin is at? I'm using the PinGuy app but it doesn't offer settings to adjust/set/see pitch.

#7320 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:Can someone explain how to tell what pitch angle/degree your pin is at? I'm using the PinGuy app but it doesn't offer settings to adjust/set/see pitch.

Make sure you set the PinGuy To play field and not glass then you can set the pitch

#7321 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Make sure you set the PinGuy To play field and not glass then you can set the pitch

I have mine at 7.0

#7322 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Ah! That must be what I'm missing. Thank you!

#7323 2 years ago

Where do you guys buy the default flipper rubbers from?

I've been using some others for a while but they are super bouncy. I'd like to switch back to the default ones and the ones I have are all worn out from the previous owner.

#7324 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Where do you guys buy the default flipper rubbers from?
I've been using some others for a while but they are super bouncy. I'd like to switch back to the default ones and the ones I have are all worn out from the previous owner.

Pinball Life has standard rubber in red or black. They also have their own version of silicone, Perfect Play. I find them to be very close to regular rubber, especially after they break in for a few games. They definitely aren't bouncier than rubber..slightly less bounce if anything. I hate superbands and most other non-rubbers, but Perfect Plays are pretty nice in most games.

#7325 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Thoughs?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where did you get those samples?

Also; green.

#7326 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Pinball Life has standard rubber in red or black. They also have their own version of silicone, Perfect Play. I find them to be very close to regular rubber, especially after they break in for a few games. They definitely aren't bouncier than rubber..slightly less bounce if anything. I hate superbands and most other non-rubbers, but Perfect Plays are pretty nice in most games.

Thanks!

#7327 2 years ago

Just got my TMNT pro a few days ago. Came really nice and only had to remove and oil the pizza spinner. I’m really hoping this game clicks for me soon because I find it more frustrating than fun at the moment. Oddly enough I have had to take breaks on TNA or JP because this pin is making me too mad haha.

#7328 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Where did you get those samples?
Also; green.

You can order the swatches from prismatic powders. Only have to pay shipping.

#7329 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Just got my TMNT pro a few days ago. Came really nice and only had to remove and oil the pizza spinner. I’m really hoping this game clicks for me soon because I find it more frustrating than fun at the moment. Oddly enough I have had to take breaks on TNA or JP because this pin is making me too mad haha.

Reduce flipper power. Trust me.

#7330 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Thanks! I’ll give that a try. Any power level you suggest?

#7331 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Can you still backhand the right ramp if you reduce the flipper power?

#7332 2 years ago

Put it on 5 ball until you figure out the shots.

#7333 2 years ago

After I set mine up at exactly 7 degrees, it plays fantastic. I nail every shot. Awesome flow on this pin!

#7334 2 years ago

My pizza wheel suddenly sounds like it’s grinding. Is this just in need of a lil bit of oil to fix?

#7335 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Thoughs?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Oh man, for the pro I think the purple would be BEAUTIFUL! All of the night scenes in TMNT and buildings all have a purple color to them. That would be wicked. Although I know pinballs are often "flashy" I prefer the subtle, understated exterior aesthetics.

Purple would be wicked cool!

#7336 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

My pizza wheel suddenly sounds like it’s grinding. Is this just in need of a lil bit of oil to fix?

There is a couple of schematics and instructions buried in here somewhere. I had the same issue and after about 100 games it's much quieter. Otherwise you can disassemble the mech and add a singular drop of oil seems to help. I didn't do that because I didn't want to have to bother possibly re-leveling the pizza. Mine came perfect so I didn't want to touch it.

#7337 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Here’s a link to the spinner oiling info
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/122#post-6145087

#7338 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Can you still backhand the right ramp if you reduce the flipper power?

Yep. I’m down to 190 and can still backhand the right ramp.

#7339 2 years ago

Got the premium a couple days ago and completely frustrated. About half the time the multiball from the van will not stop. It releases like it should and fills back up while playing. Then when you eventually drain all the balls in play the game stays on, after a bit the balls from the van come out again. It does this endlessly. And I mean endlessly. I let it run for an hour with no one there and it was still doing it. Only fix is a reboot. So now I have to reboot the machine every other time I play it. Forget playing with friends as at some point in one of our games it will happen. Machine is legit unplayable. I emailed stern but thought I would post here in case someone was like, ya, you are supposed to "x" to fix it. It came with v1.4. Thanks for any help you might have.

#7340 2 years ago
Quoted from khc66:

Got the premium a couple days ago and completely frustrated. About half the time the multiball from the van will not stop. It releases like it should and fills back up while playing. Then when you eventually drain all the balls in play the game stays on, after a bit the balls from the van come out again. It does this endlessly. And I mean endlessly. I let it run for an hour with no one there and it was still doing it. Only fix is a reboot. So now I have to reboot the machine every other time I play it. Forget playing with friends as at some point in one of our games it will happen. Machine is legit unplayable. I emailed stern but thought I would post here in case someone was like, ya, you are supposed to "x" to fix it. It came with v1.4. Thanks for any help you might have.

You have a faulty trough opto, check them in test.

#7341 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Yep. I’m down to 190 and can still backhand the right ramp.

What about backhanding the left ramp?

#7342 2 years ago

This game is kicking my ass but I'm loving it! Within the first handful of games and some beginners luck I scored a decently high 29million GC. I've come no where near that score ever since. Some games have the ball ricocheting STRAIGHT to the out lanes which can certainly be frustrating. But I'm learning the shots. And every time I manage to do something I've never done, i.e. completing 123 Foot, Max Krang combo, Mashing 40 slices of pizza, Training, or simply completing an episode, I'm overjoyed. I'm not progressing through the game at all lol. But I'm having a hell of a time. This is my first pin, so I'm also developing my skills with ball control.

One thing I noticed, these darn fans are loud af. Do you guys replace the factory fans with something quieter? Also, do you guys keep the game running for hours or just turn it on and off every time you play?

#7343 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

This game is kicking my ass but I'm loving it! Within the first handful of games and some beginners luck I score of a decently high 29million GC. I've come no where near that score ever since. Some games have the ball ricocheting STRAIGHT to the out lanes which can certainly be frustrating. But I'm learning the shots. And every time I manage to do something I've never done, i.e. completing 123 Foot, Max Krang combo, Mashing 40 slices of pizza, Training, or simply completing an episode, I'm overjoyed. I'm not progressing through the game at all lol. But I'm having a hell of a time. This is my first pin, so I'm also developing my skills with ball control.
One thing I noticed, these darn fans are loud af. Do you guys replace the factory fans with something quieter? Also, do you guys keep the game running for hours or just turn it on and off every time you play?

i replace on all my spike 2 machines the fans. My machines are in the livingroom and it just disturbs.
There is a quiet fan kit from pin monk:
https://pinmonk.com/products/spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

and there is also a very expensive version do replace the whole power supply:
https://pu-parts.com/silent-kit-for-pinball-machines

i would go for the first option.

i play maybe 2-3 times in the week for maybe an hour. So i just turn it off after play.

#7344 2 years ago

Awesome thanks! It's crazy how loud these factory fans are.

#7345 2 years ago

First thing I do is replace the loud fans, and turn down the ball eject power to as low as it goes. This game is a ass kicker for sure, so every other machine you play after feels much easier. Make sure you have octopus topping before starting multiball for a chance at a high score.

#7346 2 years ago
Quoted from khc66:

Make sure the door of the van opens completely. if not all the balls are released the result is a endless multiball.

#7347 2 years ago

Hi , my servo glider for Premium is dead .
What its good ref for a good servo !

#7348 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Do you guys replace the factory fans with something quieter? Also, do you guys keep the game running for hours or just turn it on and off every time you play?

If you have a 3D printer, you can mount a fan on top of your existing fan (without voiding your warranty). I designed this print and the fan I use is whisper quiet.
A DIY $13 $18 solution. If you don’t have a printer, I can print an adapter for you for the cost of shipping — around $3 anywhere in the US.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4844962

The pinmonk kit is probably going to be a hair cheaper and less DIY, but you will have to open up the power supply box to install it.

#7349 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anywhere else a good source to buy the default flipper rubbers? Pinball Life trying to charge me 16 bucks to ship 6 rubbers. What?!?

#7350 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Anywhere else a good source to buy the default flipper rubbers? Pinball Life trying to charge me 16 bucks to ship 6 rubbers. What?!?

I prefer the black flipper rubber (and all natural rubber branded "PRW" for that matter) from Marco Specialties. That being said, shipping isn't exactly inexpensive from Marco either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/147?hl=marangsanz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.