(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 241.
#7251 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Do any of you let the episode timer run down instead of trying to complete the episode to get progress? I was thinking if I just cradle the ball and let the episode timer run, I'd probably have much better odds of getting to team up and maybe even to the final episode (albeit with zero perks).

The game will pause the episode timer if you stop hitting switches so you'll have to strategically time out episodes by shooting "safe" shots. But it is useful to take advantage of in Training Modes, as long as you have like 5 seconds to spare, you can trap up and take your time.

#7252 2 years ago

Just having some fun here. Hair still temporary. Background and overlays are just mockups. Trying to think through some of the word layout placements I have to work around.

I'm not really a fan of the TV screen within the screen thing that Stern seemed to think was amazing enough to put on a large number of the animations.

Mockup2 (resized).pngMockup2 (resized).pngUgly333 (resized).JPGUgly333 (resized).JPG

#7253 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Just having some fun here. Hair still temporary. Background and overlays are just mockups. Trying to think through some of the word layout placements I have to work around.
I'm not really a fan of the TV screen within the screen thing that Stern seemed to think was amazing enough to put on a large number of the animations.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking awesome!

#7254 2 years ago

Having a little issue that I would like to prevent from happening anymore. Any ideas what I should do? Its my first pin, so I'm a little unsure.

Its almost like the insert is sitting slightly higher or lower (hard to tell) than the playfield so its wearing away unfortantly.

tmnt jh (resized).JPGtmnt jh (resized).JPG
#7255 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Do any of you let the episode timer run down instead of trying to complete the episode to get progress? I was thinking if I just cradle the ball and let the episode timer run, I'd probably have much better odds of getting to team up and maybe even to the final episode (albeit with zero perks).

I’ll do that if the time is close to done, but time will pause by default if you don’t hit any switches.

#7256 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Can’t wait to get these April Oneil changes, sooooo much better than what Stern has done. What a difference!?!

#7257 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Amazing!!! The reason they're doing the big TVs is because in each episode they'd always go back to the lair and watch the news with April on tv.

#7258 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Amazing!!! The reason they're doing the big TVs is because in each episode they'd always go back to the lair and watch the news with April on tv.

yeah i realize that. Doesn't mean it fills the screen well. It leaves way too much empty unused space. (bad composition)

#7259 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Team up tends to be really hard if you haven’t successfully completed any modes leading up to that. The perks that you get for completing modes is worth trying to successfully complete them IMO.

#7260 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Having a little issue that I would like to prevent from happening anymore. Any ideas what I should do? Its my first pin, so I'm a little unsure.
Its almost like the insert is sitting slightly higher or lower (hard to tell) than the playfield so its wearing away unfortantly. [quoted image]

When you run your hand over the playfield, does that insert feel noticeably raised? Honestly, I would not worry too much, and just enjoy playing the game. It doesn't look like wear, it's art separating where the insert meets the wood and I'm guessing that's still underneath the clear coat. You have different materials working against one another here (wood, plastic, artwork, clearcoat). As temperatures change in and around the game, they expand/contract at different rates. I kind of think some separation is inevitable to an extent. You see raised inserts on older games noticeably sitting above the playfield (or cupped inserts dipping below the playfield), but it's the result of incandescent bulbs burning hot underneath those inserts for 30 years. Plastic gets warped and glue starts to lose its hold. Those inserts need to be re-leveled, but I don't think that's what we are looking here. Luckily, LEDs are much, much cooler.

#7261 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Its almost like the insert is sitting slightly higher or lower (hard to tell) than the playfield so its wearing away unfortantly. [quoted image]

Based on what you have circled there, seems like thats the factory mylar (thin protective plastic) to me not the insert itself. Some inserts come from the factory with mylar over them before the playfield is cleared. Seems to be clear coated over on mine but maybe im wrong? The other factory mylar around the pops and pizza disc is not cleared over.

#7262 2 years ago

I was told that my TMNT finally shipped! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I'm so stoked guys. First pin!!!

#7263 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

I was told that my TMNT finally shipped! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I'm so stoked guys. First pin!!!

Congrats dude! Welcome to the sickness!!!

#7264 2 years ago

Has anyone done powder coat in something other than green? I like the green but I am also considering a darker color like a metallic black (city lights) or dark purple to look sort of like a night sky to match the cabinet art… plus those colors really pop with the black stock armor and I don’t want to lose that… but I still want a prettier finish.

#7265 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Just having some fun here. Hair still temporary.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c0ba32e2037d66ca32b641d7565c66178c30bad8-1630733406-1800"};
//]]>

Background and overlays are just mockups. Trying to think through some of the word layout placements I have to work around.

Wow! This is a game changer. Sign me up when you finish!

#7266 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Wow! This is a game changer. Sign me up when you finish!

I will. Next update might take a week or three. Drowning in day job work!

#7267 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Can you still backhand the left ramp? I think that is a key shot to still have available to the player.
Rob

Should you be able to backhand the left ramp? I've never been able to on my premium. It doesn't make it all the way up the ramp.

#7268 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Should you be able to backhand the left ramp? I've never been able to on my premium. It doesn't make it all the way up the ramp.

I can't after moving the bubble now touching to the top line. I don't know how to measure the grade beyond the attached level on the shooter lane.

#7269 2 years ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

I can't after moving the bubble now touching to the top line. I don't know how to measure the grade beyond the attached level on the shooter lane.

I have a digital incline meter which works fairly well to measure playfield pitch and level. I think I have my TMNT at about 6.7 or 6.8. If I put it at 7 or higher then I probably can't backhand the left ramp any more. The flippers weaken as they get warmer during play so that becomes a factor too.

Rob

#7270 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have a digital incline meter which works fairly well to measure playfield pitch and level. I think I have my TMNT at about 6.7 or 6.8. If I put it at 7 or higher then I probably can't backhand the left ramp any more. The flippers weaken as they get warmer during play so that becomes a factor too.
Rob

If you get one of pinmonks awesome fans, flipper fade is no longer an issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-spike-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit

You may want to contact him and ask if a third fan is necessary for TMNT.

#7271 2 years ago

I like my games steep but I want it to play correctly. I can’t backhand either ramp… what’s the target grade to be able to back hand at least the right ramp.

#7272 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I like my games steep but I want it to play correctly. I can’t backhand either ramp… what’s the target grade to be able to back hand at least the right ramp.

The left ramp is harder to back hand than the right. The right I can back hand all day every day. Go through 6 modes today was so close to at least final battle. I’ll get there soon enough

#7273 2 years ago

Has anyone done a dark purple metallic powder coat on their pro?

135DD346-63B6-457F-B522-6C3FDE4C6C70 (resized).jpeg135DD346-63B6-457F-B522-6C3FDE4C6C70 (resized).jpeg
#7274 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

[quoted image]

That looks like it could be great. The Donatello Edition.

#7275 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

That looks like it could be great. The Donatello Edition.

Thanks!!! My thought was less Donatello and more that it matches the artwork really well. Lots of purples and pinks. Purple also acts as the night sky kind of.

#7276 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

[quoted image]

Dark purple really adds to the overall look of the pro, imo. What a great playing game TMNT is in pro or Prem.

#7277 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Dark purple really adds to the overall look of the pro, imo. What a great playing game TMNT is in pro or Prem.

That!

#7278 2 years ago

I play at 6.5 pitch. Right ramp easily backhand. Left requires a clean waxed game to make it up.

#7279 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

[quoted image]

Keep an eye on that shade of purple though. Don't go too deep and electric. Watch Cary's video:

#7280 2 years ago

Anyone know where to order replacement remolding for TMNt. My backbox t-molding is all sticky. Has been since new. What size and where should i order new t-molding. Love the color. Fine to keep it as is.

#7281 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Anyone know where to order replacement remolding for TMNt. My backbox t-molding is all sticky. Has been since new. What size and where should i order new t-molding. Love the color. Fine to keep it as is.

T-molding.com

3/4” I believe

#7282 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Keep an eye on that shade of purple though. Don't go too deep and electric. Watch Cary's video:

I’ve seen Cary’s video… that purple he has pictures is far too bright in my opinion. I want a dark purple. Something closer to the night sky on the artwork. I order a few swatches to see if I like it. Part of me thinks I should just go green… it’s safe, but I think a darker color could look better.

#7283 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I’ve seen Cary’s video… that purple he has pictures is far too bright in my opinion. I want a dark purple. Something closer to the night sky on the artwork. I order a few swatches to see if I like it. Part of me thinks I should just go green… it’s safe, but I think a darker color could look better.

hmm. i see. Then maybe try to go with a midnight blue that would handle the transition better from the sky.

#7284 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Goo Gone will fix that sticky problem of yours.

Rob

#7285 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

T-molding.com
3/4” I believe

SO I tried this site and size and it was not right. It was too wide, and the t-molding from them is very rigid. it doesn't bend nearly as well. any other suggestions?

#7286 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

SO I tried this site and size and it was not right. It was too wide, and the t-molding from them is very rigid. it doesn't bend nearly as well. any other suggestions?

Measure the t molding you have. Stern t-molding typically over hangs a tad.

All t-molding is rigid. Around corners you’ll need to cut the actual stem so that it can turn and or use a heat gun to make the t-molding less rigid. I usually do both.

#7287 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Around corners you’ll need to cut the actual stem so that it can turn

Mimic original T moulding.

#7288 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Had the same issue on my t molding.

I used the goo gone wipes. (https://www.amazon.com/Goo-Gone-Clean-Adhesive-Remover/dp/B01B8K8A34)

And that took care of the sticky problem.

#7289 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Had the same issue on my t molding.
I used the goo gone wipes. (amazon.com link »)
And that took care of the sticky problem.

ordered!

#7290 2 years ago

Hey guys! My TMNT arrived today and its totally awesome. It's all set up and I also installed a shaker motor.

One issue I'm having though:

Usually during multiball, but I'm fairly sure at least once NOT during multiball, the flippers die, the lights kinda go out, and then it comes back to life. The game continues, its just the flippers and lights briefly. I've only played for maybe 30 minutes. My assumption is something is lose and the vibration from the shaker motor is amplifying it.

Thoughts? Has anyone experienced this? Potential code issue? I've not updated the code or anything but I'd assume it's current if its fresh from the factory.

Thanks in advance!

#7291 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Hey guys! My TMNT arrived today and its totally awesome. It's all set up and I also installed a shaker motor.
Usually during multiball, but I'm fairly sure at least once NOT during multiball, the flippers die, the lights kinda go out, and then it comes back to life. The game continues, its just the flippers and lights briefly. I've only played for maybe 30 minutes. My assumption is something is lose and the vibration from the shaker motor is amplifying it.
Thoughts? Has anyone experienced this? Potential code issue? I've not updated the code or anything but I'd assume it's current if its fresh from the factory.
Thanks in advance!

Two culprits I have found are coin door tab doesn’t firm press in the high voltage switch or bad sd card from stern.

#7292 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Thanks in advance!

Also look for a loose Ethernet cord connection to a node board under the playfield.

#7293 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Two culprits I have found are coin door tab doesn’t firm press in the high voltage switch or bad sd card from stern.

New card writing now! Thanks!

Quoted from daveyvandy:

Also look for a loose Ethernet cord connection to a node board under the playfield.

Will do, thank you!

#7294 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Thanks in advance!

If you update the firmware, make sure you used the correct firmware - pro and premium have different firmware. If you mix them up, the game will mostly function, but weird stuff like what you described happens. Might want to try to download the latest firmware and update or reflash to shake out the bad juju.

#7295 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Quoted from daveyvandy:

So I swapped the card and unfortunately no change, BUT, I reseated the RJ45s and found a couple semi lose connectors here and there and just tightened them all down and that seemed to resolve the issue!!! Thanks a bunch for your help guys!

Quoted from plasticbugs:

If you update the firmware, make sure you used the correct firmware - pro and premium have different firmware. If you mix them up, the game will mostly function, but weird stuff like what you described happens. Might want to try to download the latest firmware and update or reflash to shake out the bad juju.

I'll keep this in mind! Thank you!

#7296 2 years ago

Hey guys. I’ve got another minor issue.

The action button doesn’t work. It lights up just fine, however when I press the button it doesn’t register. It doesn’t plunge the ball nor does it work for pizza eating.

Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!

#7297 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Hey guys. I’ve got another minor issue.
The action button doesn’t work. It lights up just fine, however when I press the button it doesn’t register. It doesn’t plunge the ball nor does it work for pizza eating.
Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!

Take the lockdown bar off and adjust the leaf switch. My Mando came NIB like this as well.

#7298 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Take the lockdown bar off and adjust the leaf switch. My Mando came NIB like this as well.

^this!

#7299 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Thanks for the tip. I’m tried to push it up and down but I have no idea what I’m doing. Do I squeeze it together?

#7300 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Thanks for the tip. I’m tried to push it up and down but I have no idea what I’m doing. Do I squeeze it together?

You likely need to bend the non static part of the leaf switch up so it can be pushed by the button. Here is a tool you can use.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK-B

I got one from bajm when he helped me with the same thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/146?hl=raddad247 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.