(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 242.
#7201 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Does any one have an additional Playfield they would like to sell? My pro was an early build and has some chipping due to the pressure the metal ball guides are putting on the Playfield. This is/may be a bolt to the floor game for me and I’d like some peace of mind to know I have a backup if the Playfield gets rough.

You can get one directly from stern right? Even if the chipping gets worse, it should still be playable if it is really bolted to the floor forever.

#7202 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

are you talking about Munsters !?
(bad joke inside) ...

My comments hold true for Munsters as well.

#7203 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

You can get one directly from stern right? Even if the chipping gets worse, it should still be playable if it is really bolted to the floor forever.

Oh yeah, The extra playfield would be a 10 year plan. I have reached out to Stern.

#7204 2 years ago

You need to order a playfield from a distributor, stern will only send you one as a claim for chipping or another issue like that

#7205 2 years ago

Just joined the club and picked up a Pro on Sunday. I am on the list for a NIB JP Premium and pretty much just picked this up to hold me over... but the more I play it, the longer I think it will stay in my collection.

I first played this about 9 months ago on location and really disliked it. Then played it again on location about 2 months ago and kind of liked it (to my surprise).

Fast forward to last Friday and a deal came up on one, so I decided to get it until my JP Premium ships.

It is a tough game for sure, but I feel my skills have improved enough over that time frame to actually get into the game and the more I do, the more I like it.

Loving the satisfaction of "combo"ing shots together and how smooth it is when you hit your shots. Outlane drains are a bit brutal, but I also have a GOTG, so I am pretty used to that - lol.

#7206 2 years ago
Quoted from uccash:

Just joined the club and picked up a Pro on Sunday. I am on the list for a NIB JP Premium and pretty much just picked this up to hold me over... but the more I play it, the longer I think it will stay in my collection

Nice! I’ve played the pro a few times and like all the models. I do prefer the prem/le but have thought about downgrading my LE and put that cash towards our cabin. If you like the pro then cancelling you prem order might make sense

#7207 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

This one is dying for a code update!

Quoted from Indusguys:

I’m surprised Borg doesn’t put some pressure on Dwight to get this game as good as it should be. I don’t think Dwight should take all the finger pointing.

We don't learn (myself included)...

Look back to every game he has been on, and it's the same story. Sure, he may eventually finish it up (GB, GoT, etc) but as owners, we're always left for an uncertain amount of time with a game that either is missing modes or has bugs.

Mando was a total dream theme for me, and I would have normally got in on an LE, but I decided to vote with my wallet and pass. You see how we're saying "he's finishing up Mando"? That's the pattern. He's not! He'll get the game to a good playing state, and then he'll jump ship and start on something else.

Look at the other coders at Stern... They don't do this.

Personally, I'm done with Dwight games.

#7208 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Look back to every game he has been on, and it's the same story. Sure, he may eventually finish it up (GB, GoT, etc) but as owners, we're always left for an uncertain amount of time with a game that either is missing modes or has bugs.

Mando was a total dream theme for me, and I would have normally got in on an LE, but I decided to vote with my wallet and pass. You see how we're saying "he's finishing up Mando"? That's the pattern. He's not! He'll get the game to a good playing state, and then he'll jump ship and start on something else.

Look at the other coders at Stern... They don't do this.

I definitely jumped on this game because the theme, layout and art, full well knowing that the code likely wouldn't become what I wanted. I'm not upset or anything, but I was certainly hoping that it would develop into a game that would be bolted to the floor. However, I now find myself kind of holding onto it in anticipation of a future code update. The thing is, there's a good game there, it just ends up being a bit too shallow for my play style. I think it would make a pretty good location game though, especially with a few more ball save opportunities. Ultimately, Episodes, Multiballs, Teamup MB, and Final Battle offer a pretty solid gameplay experience.

Tldr: For the code, I knew what I was likely getting and I got it. haha.

#7209 2 years ago

Finally found some time to start April. I'm working on swapping out her animations. I think the original animations are great and , knowing Stern, I imagine they were done on a tight budget and in a short time. So this isn't meant to be a challenge, or to instigate an argument. I'm just a huge TMNT fan...and I want to contribute to my machine.

Skeptical? I don't blame you. But this is kind of my jam. I'll start my own thread soon. Be on the lookout if you are interested in following along.

AprilCapture (resized).JPGAprilCapture (resized).JPG

#7210 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Finally found some time to start April. I'm working on swapping out her animations. I think the original animations are great and , knowing Stern, I imagine they were done on a tight budget and in a short time. So this isn't meant to be a challenge, or to instigate an argument. I'm just a huge TMNT fan...and I want to contribute to my machine.
Skeptical? I don't blame you. But this is kind of my jam. I'll start my own thread soon. Be on the lookout if you are interested in following along.
[quoted image]

Only part of the machine I’m not a fan of, so will follow for sure and look forward to seeing what you come up for replacement animations!

#7211 2 years ago

Everyone do yourself a favor and turn that third flipper's power up to max 255. Now that third ramp is a breeze.

#7212 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Everyone do yourself a favor and turn that third flipper's power up to max 255. Now that third ramp is a breeze.

But i bet now the ball is too fast for the opto to register it. Which is a problem on mine.

#7213 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Turning mine down made it way, way more consistent.

#7214 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Really....what is your flipper powers set at for all of them?

#7215 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

[quoted image]

I don't know why it was just April when almost everything else was top notch. Iron Maiden had numerous animation changes done well into the release cycle and even into the last update. Why didn't Stern improve April, at least the "Shitty April" ones.

Rob

#7216 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't know why it was just April when almost everything else was top notch. Iron Maiden had numerous animation changes done well into the release cycle and even into the last update. Why didn't Stern improve April, at least the "Shitty April" ones.

Rob

I think sometimes less is more, the Slash episode looks really good with that Shadowy silhouette style. But the April animations haunt me in my dreams.

#7217 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:I think sometimes less is more, the Slash episode looks really good with that Shadowy silhouette style. But the April animations haunt me in my dreams.

Yes less is more. But I think you are noticing the lack of lighting in the other scenes. That would make them look much nicer. The slash scenes show actual ambient design.

#7218 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Yes less is more. But I think you are noticing the lack of lighting in the other scenes. That would make them look much nicer. The slash scenes show actual ambient design.

Good point.

#7219 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Looking forward to seeing your finished work. April deserves what you’re doing.

Quoted from shaub:

What level did you turn your 3rd flipper down to?

#7220 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think sometimes less is more, the Slash episode looks really good with that Shadowy silhouette style. But the April animations haunt me in my dreams.

The animation of April behind a news desk is maybe the worst.... Perhaps we need a poll?

Rob

#7221 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did anyone notice Slash's belt buckle is backwards? I'm guessing when the characters are modelled, mirror images are created as opposed to redrawing from scratch. They just forgot to fix that.
The animation of April behind a news desk is maybe the worst.... Perhaps we need a poll?
Rob

No need for a poll. The April animation behind the desk is by far the worst. Lol

#7222 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did anyone notice Slash's belt buckle is backwards? I'm guessing when the characters are modelled, mirror images are created as opposed to redrawing from scratch. They just forgot to fix that.
Rob

Slash's belt buckle is correctly backwards.

71PV3IM4hSL._AC_SY550_ (resized).jpg71PV3IM4hSL._AC_SY550_ (resized).jpg
#7223 2 years ago

The animations on tmnt are getting an undeserved bad reputation. I love them because they are intressting to watch. They also manage to put the cutscenes when ball is locked so you have time to watch them. I was so frustrated when i played my star wars premium , never had time to look at the animations, you where always to busy.

#7224 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

No need for a poll. The April animation behind the desk is by far the worst. Lol

I imagine this will spark a lot of critiques. This is still in a “sketch” phase. This is so far from the final look and feel. But it’s fun to post updates.

19B954C3-11C7-40AE-BE41-68C2B5ED7404 (resized).jpeg19B954C3-11C7-40AE-BE41-68C2B5ED7404 (resized).jpeg
#7225 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Slash's belt buckle is correctly backwards.
[quoted image]

Cool. Thanks for sharing that. I didn't know it was on purpose.

Rob

#7226 2 years ago

Oh man I can't wait to see some new April animations!!

That and Baxter Stockman flying is pretty bad. Just seems so out of place compared to the others.

#7227 2 years ago

Added detail to April's jumpsuit. Still in an initial mockup phase. (For example, hair is temporary) It would be easier if I had the actual Zombie Yeti turnaround drawings he provided for the animation team.

Thinking about the layout of the shots and the backgrounds. Was April actually "on set" at the new station when she was reporting? I thought she was a in-the-field reporter and Vernon was the station reporter.
April_Progress2 (resized).pngApril_Progress2 (resized).png

#7228 2 years ago

I've recently been commissioned by a TMNT topper owner who asked if I could create a replacement Technodrome that actually illuminated for the topper. After a week or so of design and test printing I was able to design the attached which closely replicates the OEM model, but it actually illuminates.

What you see is the final version of the model, but I've not yet shipped to the buyer who will actually install it by soldering the wires to one of the existing SMD light boards used in the topper. He is going to figure out which topper LED makes the most sense to tie into, then provide photos/video of the installed mod.

The reason I'm posting today is to engage interest from other TMNT topper owners. My plan is to do a single run of these in bulk once we have it installed and tested. After the first run, I might be willing to do an additional run down the road, but my hope would be to capture everyone who wants one in the initial round.

Pricing for the mod including the integrated lighting and wire (you will have to solder onto an existing LED board - I will provide recommendations for which one and instructions for doing so) will be $75 shipped within US and will ship outside of the US on a per quote basis.

Please PM me if you are interested in being placed on the pre-order list. At this time no money is required, and I'm probably at least 3-4 weeks from the point where I'll be ready to produce them. When the time comes, I'll provide a final deadline and will contact each person on the list to provide payment. Payment will be in advance at the time I determine I'm ready to close orders via PayPal friends and family (or I can invoice but will add fees).

IMG_6380 (resized).JPGIMG_6380 (resized).JPGIMG_6381 (resized).JPGIMG_6381 (resized).JPGIMG_6383 (resized).JPGIMG_6383 (resized).JPGIMG_6382 (resized).JPGIMG_6382 (resized).JPGIMG_6384 (resized).JPGIMG_6384 (resized).JPGIMG_6385 (resized).JPGIMG_6385 (resized).JPGIMG_6386 (resized).JPGIMG_6386 (resized).JPGIMG_6388 (resized).JPGIMG_6388 (resized).JPGIMG_6389 (resized).JPGIMG_6389 (resized).JPG
#7229 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've recently been commissioned by a TMNT topper owner who asked if I could create a replacement Technodrome that actually illuminated for the topper. After a week or so of design and test printing I was able to design the attached which closely replicates the OEM model, but it actually illuminates.
What you see is the final version of the model, but I've not yet shipped to the buyer who will actually install it by soldering the wires to one of the existing SMD light boards used in the topper. He is going to figure out which topper LED makes the most sense to tie into, then provide photos/video of the installed mod.
The reason I'm posting today is to engage interest from other TMNT topper owners. My plan is to do a single run of these in bulk once we have it installed and tested. After the first run, I might be willing to do an additional run down the road, but my hope would be to capture everyone who wants one in the initial round.
Pricing for the mod including the integrated lighting and wire (you will have to solder onto an existing LED board - I will provide recommendations for which one and instructions for doing so) will be $75 shipped within US and will ship outside of the US on a per quote basis.
Please PM me if you are interested in being placed on the pre-order list. At this time no money is required, and I'm probably at least 3-4 weeks from the point where I'll be ready to produce them. When the time comes, I'll provide a final deadline and will contact each person on the list to provide payment. Payment will be in advance at the time I determine I'm ready to close orders via PayPal friends and family (or I can invoice but will add fees).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the idea of this. But are you thinking it will just come out of the header directly? Or are you thinking of modeling the top of a Technodrome body too?

#7230 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I like the idea of this. But are you thinking it will just come out of the header directly? Or are you thinking of modeling the top of a Technodrome body too?

It is a one for one replacement of the existing non-illuminated version that comes with the official Stern TMNT topper.

#7231 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It is a one for one replacement of the existing non-illuminated version that comes with the official Stern TMNT topper.

Ahhh. I missed that. Thanks

#7232 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Ahhh. I missed that. Thanks

Tough crowd - the first vote was a downvote.

BTW, I don't own a TMNT so it's my first time in the thread. Your renderings look amazing.

#7233 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Added detail to April's jumpsuit. Still in an initial mockup phase. (For example, hair is temporary) It would be easier if I had the actual Zombie Yeti turnaround drawings he provided for the animation team.
Thinking about the layout of the shots and the backgrounds. Was April actually "on set" at the new station when she was reporting? I thought she was a in-the-field reporter and Vernon was the station reporter.
[quoted image]

well there are some sketch videos hidden in the file, but nothing i think you can use.
the only version with april i could find, looks total different.

April1 (resized).pngApril1 (resized).pngTV (resized).JPGTV (resized).JPGschredder (resized).JPGschredder (resized).JPG
#7234 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

well there are some sketch videos hidden in the file, but nothing i think you can use.
the only version with april i could find, looks total different.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you know how to extract the video clips? I haven’t ever dived into the spike files. I need someone to download all the April clips for me.

#7235 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Tough crowd - the first vote was a downvote.
BTW, I don't own a TMNT so it's my first time in the thread. Your renderings look amazing.

If I didn't have an aversion to really expensive Stern toppers, I would be all over this. Mr_Tantrum's printed mods for getaway are phenomenal.

#7236 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That eye is starting to get me to want a partial technodrome on my machine. With my statues I have there.

I can't believe the original doesn't light up.

#7237 2 years ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

If I didn't have an aversion to really expensive Stern toppers, I would be all over this. Mr_Tantrum's printed mods for getaway are phenomenal.

I have a Stern topper for my Jurassic Park, and while it was a little hard to swallow the price, I'm glad I have it and really like it. An OEM illuminated Technodrome would have been a logical element of the TMNT topper in the opinion of many, I'm sure. For those who do own the topper and don't mind spending a little more to have an illuminated Technodrome, I'm glad I will be able to offer an option. I'm actually working on a design change which I will share with the group if/when I'm successful with it.

#7238 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have a Stern topper for my Jurassic Park, and while it was a little hard to swallow the price, I'm glad I have it and really like it. An OEM illuminated Technodrome would have been a logical element of the TMNT topper in the opinion of many, I'm sure. For those who do own the topper and don't mind spending a little more to have an illuminated Technodrome, I'm glad I will be able to offer an option. I'm actually working on a design change which I will share with the group if/when I'm successful with it.

Interested to see it installed!
May be in for one.

#7239 2 years ago

PITCH ?

What pitch does everyone like their Turtle? Mine is currently so fast, wondering what others have it set at.

#7240 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

PITCH ?
What pitch does everyone like their Turtle? Mine is currently so fast, wondering what others have it set at.

I recently turned down ALL of my flipper strength settings...and the game is much improved. Ball still makes the ramps with ease...no more instant-post-drains.

#7241 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I recently turned down ALL of my flipper strength settings...and the game is much improved. Ball still makes the ramps with ease...no more instant-post-drains.

Scandell what have you set your flipper strength to?
Starting to see a few people change this.

#7242 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

That's the pattern. He's not! He'll get the game to a good playing state, and then he'll jump ship and start on something else. Look at the other coders at Stern... They don't do this.

This is why I gave up on the idea of buying a TMNT pro. No legit reason for the code not to be updated. Maybe you’ll get it in the Xmas bonus package. Once that happens, I’ll resume my search.

#7243 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Can you still backhand the left ramp? I think that is a key shot to still have available to the player.

Rob

#7244 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image] no[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool, got pics of it lighting up? Mr_Tantrum

#7245 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Can you still backhand the left ramp? I think that is a key shot to still have available to the player.
Rob

I’ll check my settings. The right one I know has higher settings. It’s the bottom left and top left that have zero need for high settings. It just makes the ball brick when high.

#7246 2 years ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Looks cool, got pics of it lighting up? Mr_Tantrum

The last 3 are actually lit up but in a sunny room. Here are some pics of the new one piece shell design lit in the dark.

IMG_6394 (resized).JPGIMG_6394 (resized).JPGIMG_6395 (resized).JPGIMG_6395 (resized).JPGIMG_6396 (resized).JPGIMG_6396 (resized).JPGIMG_6397 (resized).JPGIMG_6397 (resized).JPGIMG_6398 (resized).JPGIMG_6398 (resized).JPGIMG_6399 (resized).JPGIMG_6399 (resized).JPGIMG_6403 (resized).JPGIMG_6403 (resized).JPG
#7247 2 years ago

Put me on the list for the topper mod. Looks awesome!!

#7248 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Scandell what have you set your flipper strength to?

Lower flippers 215 each. Upper flipper 190!
And yes I can still backhand the right ramp.

#7249 2 years ago

Man i have bottom left at default max and can barely bh the left ramp at 6.5 pitch. Have to wax it to be able to.

#7250 2 years ago

Do any of you let the episode timer run down instead of trying to complete the episode to get progress? I was thinking if I just cradle the ball and let the episode timer run, I'd probably have much better odds of getting to team up and maybe even to the final episode (albeit with zero perks).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/145?hl=jonest3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.