(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 242.
#7151 2 years ago

Got to Final Battle for the first time, achieved Max Krang for the 4th time ever and got through 2 phases of Final Battle.

When my ball drained from Final Battle it showed the “Cowabunga ready” screen. I’m crushed I got so close.

Some whacky scoring along the way, including a 20million April hurry up during Final Battle, I believe it was my 7th or 8th one and I had the 2X April perk with Mikey and I guess 2X was running for such a huge payoff.

Lots of exclusive music, call outs and GI/lighting effects for Final Battle, really awesome mode.

883F44A8-24D1-47D2-AD12-7D97500445D0 (resized).jpeg883F44A8-24D1-47D2-AD12-7D97500445D0 (resized).jpeg
#7152 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

This is just an opportunity to make your game pop a little more! I went with orange slings and orange flippers from Titan and it looks goooood.

I picked up the entire glow in the dark kit, looks pretty bitchin

#7153 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

This is just an opportunity to make your game pop a little more! I went with orange slings and orange flippers from Titan and it looks goooood.

Quoted from northerndude:

I picked up the entire glow in the dark kit, looks pretty bitchin

Would either of you mind sharing photos? This sounds awesome! My mind isn't so creative with color mixtures hard for me to picture.

#7154 2 years ago

Does anyone have pinstadium lights on their tmnt? There are a lot of modes that are so bright and flashy I lose track of the ball. I was curious if they help. I love this pin but I just had the best game yet and drained because of all the crazy flashing

#7155 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does anyone have pinstadium lights on their tmnt? There are a lot of modes that are so bright and flashy I lose track of the ball. I was curious if they help. I love this pin but I just had the best game yet and drained because of all the crazy flashing

The flashing is out of control on this game.

Pinstadiums are usually hooked to a GI light so when it flashes, they flash.
I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to connect to a constant source though.
I think I am going to build my own for this game so I can tie the red and green in for those modes.

#7156 2 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

[quoted image]
My sling shot rubbers broke after around 1000 plays. Is this considered normal wear or something to talk about to my distributor? My GoT LE has 1400 plays and no signs of rubber failure..

Is this a serious post? You are going to contact your distributor over a 1c rubber? Lmao

#7157 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I highly recommend pinmonks light gels:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03944-tmnt-mode-light-bracket-set-9-inserts

These greatly reduce the stably white blinding ness of the game. He also has one for the “turtle power” light.

#7158 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03944-tmnt-mode-light-bracket-set-9-inserts
These greatly reduce the stably white blinding ness of the game. He also has one for the “turtle power” light.

Thanks! I’ll have to try them out

Quoted from J-Freeze:

The flashing is out of control on this game.
Pinstadiums are usually hooked to a GI light so when it flashes, they flash.
I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to connect to a constant source though.
I think I am going to build my own for this game so I can tie the red and green in for those modes.

If you do it let me know how it goes

#7159 2 years ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

Would either of you mind sharing photos? This sounds awesome! My mind isn't so creative with color mixtures hard for me to picture.

They get kinda glowey when the PF gets dark.
I added a couple black light strips

45845BAF-B915-4D5E-AFFF-042DEEFC734F (resized).jpeg45845BAF-B915-4D5E-AFFF-042DEEFC734F (resized).jpegD799FDBF-BF4E-492B-A359-DFE79B41BFF1 (resized).jpegD799FDBF-BF4E-492B-A359-DFE79B41BFF1 (resized).jpeg
#7160 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I have them and love them! I had to mess with the brightness as too bright washes everything out... too low and why pay that much hahaha.
But when the uv light turns on... man does the art work pop!
They do flash off when all the gi goes out.
Also agree with pinmonks gels for the modes.

20210317_150634 (resized).jpg20210317_150634 (resized).jpg

#7161 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

If you don't want to spend the money on pinmonk gel set I recommend buying a cheap pack of the color gels and taping them under there. You can mix and match colors and customize it exactly how you want. I believe I posted pictures a while back.

#7162 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

They get kinda glowey when the PF gets dark.
I added a couple black light strips
[quoted image][quoted image]

Our Titan Post sleeves tore up in less than 200 games... Make sure you keep your Stern tapered original sleeves.. I am confident they will be going back in soon!

#7163 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our Titan Post sleeves tore up in less than 200 games... Make sure you keep your Stern tapered original sleeves.. I am confident they will be going back in soon!

Yup, that post takes a beating from the upper flipper.

#7164 2 years ago

Picking up a pro. Ive been told this game probably needs washers(like many new games) to prevent damage from rails digging into the playfield.
Can someone tell me where the problem areas are, and if there’s any other spots I should protect?
Thanks!

#7165 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Picking up a pro. Ive been told this game probably needs washers(like many new games) to prevent damage from rails digging into the playfield.
Can someone tell me where the problem areas are, and if there’s any other spots I should protect?
Thanks!

I haven't needed any washers. For the most part, artwork on later TMNTs has been pulled away from posts and rails to prevent artwork damage. Mine is from late 2020.

There is a short diagonal rail just behind the upper flipper that I think I remember some folks from the first batch of games had that rail dug into the playfield. Mine still looks fine there. I have about 500 plays on my machine without needing a washer anywhere.

I have a playfield protector, so that line in the attached picture is where my protector's edge is.

Edit: One thing to watch out for though is grainy playfield artwork. They were still shipping games with grainy playfield art into late last year (looks like a inkjet print set in draft mode). If you can, inspect the playfield art before accepting the game. I was fortunate to get a game with nicely printed art.

IMG_5981 (resized).pngIMG_5981 (resized).png

#7166 2 years ago

We’ve been getting a little burned out with how brutal this game is. Last week, I set all the software options as easy as possible. I thought it would feel cheap, but I don’t even care lol. It was neat seeing what is normally unobtainable.

C94815A4-D9C3-4B8E-9D78-A1FF09E039AF (resized).jpegC94815A4-D9C3-4B8E-9D78-A1FF09E039AF (resized).jpeg
#7167 2 years ago

Is there a fix for balls flying off the center ramp habitrail and going out the right outlane? On my pro, every time the center ramp is hit perfectly by the upper left flipper on a combo, it has so much speed it flies off the turn on the habitrail by the right outlane/shooter lane. You go from feeling great about hitting the shot to infuriated about losing the ball in such a cheap way. Please help! Thanks

#7168 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:I have them and love them! I had to mess with the brightness as too bright washes everything out... too low and why pay that much hahaha.
But when the uv light turns on... man does the art work pop!
They do flash off when all the gi goes out.
Also agree with pinmonks gels for the modes.
[quoted image]

I have them but do not use the UV flasher because we found it blinding attached to even the shaker which is activated the least

#7169 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Is there a fix for balls flying off the center ramp habitrail and going out the right outlane? On my pro, every time the center ramp is hit perfectly by the upper left flipper on a combo, it has so much speed it flies off the turn on the habitrail by the right outlane/shooter lane. You go from feeling great about hitting the shot to infuriated about losing the ball in such a cheap way. Please help! Thanks

I haven’t seen that. That wireform is super high there. Is your pitch really high around 7 or something?

#7170 2 years ago

Geez I wish there was a ball save timer on episodes. Most of the time I enter a mode and I shit the bed! lol

#7171 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Geez I wish there was a ball save timer on episodes. Most of the time I enter a mode and I shit the bed! lol

Ha...just wait until you go through all the work to get to Neutrino Pizza Party and then get an instant cheap drain. Now THAT is a burn it with fire moment!

Almost sold mine this past week because quite honestly I'm sick of some of the crap with this code. Got cold feet and decided to wait it out a bit longer and hope Dwight comes through eventually like he's done with many of his games. I love about half of it, but really dislike the other half. If it wasn't for the huge nostalgia factor and some great feeling shots, I would have gone through with it. Fingers crossed!

#7172 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Ha...just wait until you go through all the work to get to Neutrino Pizza Party and then get an instant cheap drain. Now THAT is a burn it with fire moment!

Yeah... that sucks. Getting through all of the training requirements to qualify it, then instant cheap drain. Pretty much every time I get there.

#7173 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah... that sucks. Getting through all of the training requirements to qualify it, then instant cheap drain. Pretty much every time I get there.

Yeah, or if you do not get the instadrain, but can't hit the blue shots quickly enough, it times out super quick. Much like so many other things in the game, why even bother?

#7174 2 years ago

Anyone else having issues with their auto launch? Ours seems to loose a ton of power after just a couple games, and can only barely get the ball past the first gate. This is messing up Turtle Power multiball as balls meant to be staged in the van at the end just come back into play. Both prongs of my auto-launch mechanism are making solid contact with the ball as it sits in the inlane, and careful inspection of the underside shows the mechanism doesn't seem loose. Even the auto launch coil stop is solidly in-place. I tried turning up the power of the auto launch in settings to its maximum value, and still have the same problem.

Looking for any and all recommendations to fix this.

#7175 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Anyone else having issues with their auto launch? Ours seems to loose a ton of power after just a couple games, and can only barely get the ball past the first gate. This is messing up Turtle Power multiball as balls meant to be staged in the van at the end just come back into play. Both prongs of my auto-launch mechanism are making solid contact with the ball as it sits in the inlane, and careful inspection of the underside shows the mechanism doesn't seem loose. Even the auto launch coil stop is solidly in-place. I tried turning up the power of the auto launch in settings to its maximum value, and still have the same problem.
Looking for any and all recommendations to fix this.

This happens to me every couple of months. I usually replace the balls and it’s back to normal. I assume it’s due to them being some what magnetized.

#7176 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

This happens to me every couple of months. I usually replace the balls and it’s back to normal. I assume it’s due to them being some what magnetized.

Brilliant!

I just noticed yesterday for the first time that 2 of my balls were sticking together on my flipper and didn't connect the dots. Appreciate the suggested fix my friend.

#7177 2 years ago

This one is dying for a code update!

#7178 2 years ago

Dwight is most likely working hard completing Mando code so I wouldn’t hold your breath.

#7179 2 years ago

I’m picking up a pro next week. How big of an update do you think there needs to be? If the scoring was more balanced, and ball save was enabled at certain points, would it make a world of difference? Or does the game need an overhaul?

#7180 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Holy cow. I had this issue too. I did a complete rubber and ball replacement after 500 games and didn’t associate the problem magically disappearing with replacing my balls.

#7181 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m picking up a pro next week. How big of an update do you think there needs to be? If the scoring was more balanced, and ball save was enabled at certain points, would it make a world of difference? Or does the game need an overhaul?

I don’t think it needs a massive overhaul, I think most of us want the update for the aforementioned issues above. This would be a top 10 game if the code were on point IMO. A little silly to have the cowabunga wizard mode if by most accounts it’s impossible to get to without altering settings. Casual player will have a hard time hitting the shots.

#7182 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m not a Wizard, nor a tournament player. If I want crazy high scores and a simple game I play Munsters. If I want want to be reminded that I need to git gud I play TMNT.

I think it really depends on if you have other games to balance out your play sessions and what those games are.

At one point in time Ghostbusters was too much of an ass kicker to have in my collection.

But after getting better at TMNT and STNG and having a Munsters and AFM to console me after a series of fails, I kinda wonder if I could handle GB now.

I don’t expect to see major scoring tweaks to this game. But I do hope they fix the multiball crash and missing final battle audio.

#7183 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Got cold feet and decided to wait it out a bit longer and hope Dwight comes through eventually like he's done with many of his games.

Quoted from Indusguys:

Dwight is most likely working hard completing Mando code so I wouldn’t hold your breath.

"Working Hard"....cough...cough. Turtles Wizard mode sound has been broken since December. I don't think Dwight even knows Turtles has a spinner in it.
It's used for a mini-mode (123 foot) that can be completed once and that's it...bravo. Munsters is still very shallow. Star Wars in horribly unbalanced. Ghost busters got "fixed" but is still very unbalanced. Only reason GoT is decent is because Lyman fixed the code (and half the houses are still not worth picking). Don't hold your breath indeed.

#7184 2 years ago
Quoted from Seirif:

"Working Hard"....cough...cough. Turtles Wizard mode sound has been broken since December. I don't think Dwight even knows Turtles has a spinner in it.
It's used for a mini-mode (123 foot) that can be completed once and that's it...bravo. Munsters is still very shallow. Star Wars in horribly unbalanced. Ghost busters got "fixed" but is still very unbalanced. Only reason GoT is decent is because Lyman fixed the code (and half the houses are still not worth picking). Don't hold your breath indeed. Why do you think Dwight gets the big licenses...

I’m surprised Borg doesn’t put some pressure on Dwight to get this game as good as it should be. I don’t think Dwight should take all the finger pointing.

#7185 2 years ago

I absolutely enjoy playing TMNT. It gives me the 'one more game' feels, and when I get into team-up, or nail a couple combo shots (right ramp, screamin' center ramp, left ramp combo comes to mind), it reminds me of why I am in the hobby.

When that becomes tiring, the Half-Shell Challenge is there to practice shots and try to shave off a few seconds time.

Not saying it is perfect, but dang I really do like spending time playin it!

#7186 2 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

I absolutely enjoy playing TMNT. It gives me the 'one more game' feels, and when I get into team-up, or nail a couple combo shots (right ramp, screamin' center ramp, left ramp combo comes to mind), it reminds me of why I am in the hobby.
When that becomes tiring, the Half-Shell Challenge is there to practice shots and try to shave off a few seconds time.

I like the co-op and half shelf challenge too. I wish every game had modes like this.

There’s really no reason (other than time) for them not to.

#7187 2 years ago

Agree that the combo shots feel awesome....

This layout was designed for combos...everything can feed the upper flipper (except left ramp, which feeds 1 or both lower flippers)...but the game shoots itself in the foot by having combo hurry ups that you can't relight....and no basic combo system outside of those hurry ups (other than krang which isn't saying much)

#7188 2 years ago

Sure hoping Xaqery Dwight will read some of the great ideas you guys have for fixing the code in our fab TMNT machines. Love playing this game, but the scoring needs balancing and fixes to various areas you all have already pointed out. I wonder if we should put a list together of desired changes and send them to Stern and Dwight?

#7189 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sure hoping Xaqery Dwight will read some of the great ideas you guys have for fixing the code in our fab TMNT machines. Love playing this game, but the scoring needs balancing and fixes to various areas you all have already pointed out. I wonder if we should put a list together of desired changes and send them to Stern and Dwight?

I agree with all that. Looooove the machine, but yes there is the handful of stand out codes\score balancing fixes that hopefully will happen to make it a perfect game imo.
Re: an emailed list, it's a good idea @thunderbird.

Xaqery

#7190 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yep - this game has the theme & layout to be an amazing (although brutal) game. I hope it happens...

#7191 2 years ago

Maybe we need a collective/coordinated email campaign to Stern HQ with polite requests for code updates. Might make more of an impact...

#7192 2 years ago

Or we just enjoy the game that it is, without expectations or entitlements, and keep on flippin!

#7193 2 years ago

Or we just enjoy the game that it is, without expectations or entitlements, and keep on flippin!

AT the price of $16,000 which is what I paid for game and topper, it’s definitely not an entitlement request.

#7194 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

AT the price of $16,000 which is what I paid for game and topper, it’s definitely not an entitlement request.

That’s way above retail. But I get your point.

I still think jailbreaks and home brew are the only way some of our games will see the desired updates.

#7195 2 years ago

Any chance someone can just come up with their own set of code?
Like Cahd has done for DE games?

#7196 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

That’s way above retail.

It is in Australian dollars and he has an LE. So that’s like 11.5k with the topper and import taxes that’s probably standard.

#7197 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It is in Australian dollars and he has an LE. So that’s like 11.5k with the topper and import taxes that’s probably standard.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

I do get where he’s coming from. But we’ve all seen how Stern behaves at this point. What we buy is what we get.

They may update the code. They may not.

Maybe we end up with a Ghostbusters. Or maybe we end up with a 24.

I think jailbrake and home brew are going to be the only answer for several pins.

#7198 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Gotcha. That makes sense.
I do get where he’s coming from. But we’ve all seen how Stern behaves at this point. What we buy is what we get.
They may update the code. They may not.
Maybe we end up with a Ghostbusters. Or maybe we end up with a 24.
I think jailbrake and home brew are going to be the only answer for several pins.

I think they will definitely update the code and tweak a few things. I doubt it will be the overhaul we all want but they may fix some of the smaller issues.

#7199 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I’m surprised Borg doesn’t put some pressure on Dwight to get this game as good as it should be. I don’t think Dwight should take all the finger pointing.

are you talking about Munsters !?

(bad joke inside) ...

#7200 2 years ago

Does any one have an additional Playfield they would like to sell? My pro was an early build and has some chipping due to the pressure the metal ball guides are putting on the Playfield. This is/may be a bolt to the floor game for me and I’d like some peace of mind to know I have a backup if the Playfield gets rough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/144?hl=jacksparrow0112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.