(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,061 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by System-J
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,061 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 242.
#7051 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Don't know if anyone else experiences this issue, but a quick code fix could help immensely if I'm not the only one.
If the LAIR post is up, it will allow a ball to slowly return to the left inlane once it detects the ball and lowers. However, when in a scenario where it has the post down, it can hum through there, hit the rail between the two inlanes (because it had a higher exit velocity out of the LAIR) and bounce into the outlane. My game seems to be set up perfectly, so I think a quick code fix would be a condition where the LAIR post is down and the LAIR switch is hit, left outlane ball save for 2 seconds is lit. The issue in question happened twice last night and really irked me. Anyone else?

happens a lot. at least 50% of the LAIR releases. I have to expect to nudge it when it comes out.

Quoted from Thomas3184:

There is a setting for lair ball save you can set it to 2 seconds.

I changed this setting, too. does the ball save marker light up for those 2 seconds? (I didn't see it)

#7052 2 years ago

When it comes out of the lair the ball save flashing is on.

Now I wish I hadn't picked it up off of ebay a while back.

#7053 2 years ago

Anything inside the Neca TMNT crate worth adding on the playfield?

#7054 2 years ago

Really hoping Dwight and team address the Final Battle voice glitch in next code update...pretty please hope you still love us even after Mando (which I also purchased!)

#7055 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Really hoping Dwight and team address the Final Battle voice glitch in next code update...pretty please hope you still love us even after Mando (which I also purchased!)

Yeah, I admit I was a bit bummed when that big TMNT email came in from Stern this morning and it was just for the crate. Was hoping for code update but alas.

#7056 2 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Anything inside the Neca TMNT crate worth adding on the playfield?

There is a shredder figure but he might be too large.
I don’t think there is much else

#7057 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Yeah, I admit I was a bit bummed when that big TMNT email came in from Stern this morning and it was just for the crate. Was hoping for code update but alas.

Ditto

#7058 2 years ago
Quoted from Brainiac:

happens a lot. at least 50% of the LAIR releases. I have to expect to nudge it when it comes out.

They call that the "Borg bounce". Happens on another one of his machines from what I can remember.

#7059 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

They call that the "Borg bounce". Happens on another one of his machines from what I can remember.

Metallica and TWD were both like this. I feel like it's drainier than Metallica, but probably not as bad as TWD.

#7060 2 years ago

I got 3 EBs in a game... Aside from getting one for 2 episodes, how do you get the others?

I keep getting to the 7th or 8th battle, and could use all the extra balls to eventually beat this.

#7061 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I got 3 EBs in a game... Aside from getting one for 2 episodes, how do you get the others?
I keep getting to the 7th or 8th battle, and could use all the extra balls to eventually beat this.

X number of pizza slices and from the pops.

#7062 2 years ago

If anyone wants some TMNT figurines to add onto the table or for a topper, these are coming out (again?!)...
apparently you can take off their disguise clothing and have them just as a normal looking character. I'm going to grab some and make em fit! Even comes with a few other little things like pizzas, gettoblaster, skateboard etc.
https://thenecastore.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-cartoon-turtles-in-disguise-4-pack-7-scale-action-figure

#7063 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

X number of pizza slices and from the pops.

The title forum and official Stern rules don't expand on this at all. Tilt only list the 2 episode EB, and Stern says the other one come from eating pizza???

Anyone know how that even happens? I know from time to time it tells me to hit the action button to eat pizza, bit I have zero idea what starts that mode.

I know I can get to a max of 40 slices, but that does nothing.

And you mentioned one EB from the pop bumpers? What are the requirements of that?

Thanks!

#7064 2 years ago

The title forum and official Stern rules don't expand on this at all. Tilt only list the 2 episode EB, and Stern says the other one come from eating pizza???

Anyone know how that even happens? I know from time to time it tells me to hit the action button to eat pizza, but I have zero idea what starts that mode.

There are two pizza targets on the playfield. Hitting those targets gives you a piece of pizza. When you collect 7 pieces (I think), the next time you hit either target will start the Pizza Frenzy mode where you have a short amount of time to hit the action button up to 40 times to collect additional pizza. When you collect like 55-60ish (not sure of the exact amount and it might auto-adjust somewhat) you will light extra ball at the Pizza Parlour.

And you mentioned one EB from the pop bumpers? What are the requirements of that?

It's the standard "pict-o-pops" style pop bumpers that Dwight has done in a few other games (Ghostbusters for example): each pop bumper will cycle through random mystery awards, when 2 pop bumpers land on the same award at the same time, it will lock in and then when the 3rd pop matches it, you receive that award. Extra ball is one of these awards, but I'm not sure how each specific award is weighted/how frequent it occurs.

#7065 2 years ago

Anyone know how that even happens? I know from time to time it tells me to hit the action button to eat pizza, bit I have zero idea what starts that mode.
I know I can get to a max of 40 slices, but that does nothing.
Thanks!

Is EB after 2 episodes standard? I thought default on my Pro showed random or a non-specified number of eps for EB, so I set it to 3. If it's 2 for sure I'll put it back down because yeah, I could use em!

#7066 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Is EB after 2 episodes standard? I thought default on my Pro showed random or a non-specified number of eps for EB, so I set it to 3. If it's 2 for sure I'll put it back down because yeah, I could use em!

Default is auto which usually is 2 but sometimes goes up to 3. I leave mine at auto.

#7067 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Default is auto which usually is 2 but sometimes goes up to 3. I leave mine at auto.

Perfect, thanks! I think maybe early on I wasn't getting any at 2 episodes with it set to auto, so that's why I changed it. Worth putting back and seeing what happens though.

#7068 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

There are two pizza targets on the playfield. Hitting those targets gives you a piece of pizza. When you collect 7 pieces (I think), the next time you hit either target will start the Pizza Frenzy mode where you have a short amount of time to hit the action button up to 40 times to collect additional pizza. When you collect like 55-60ish (not sure of the exact amount and it might auto-adjust somewhat) you will light extra ball at the Pizza Parlour.

It's the standard "pict-o-pops" style pop bumpers that Dwight has done in a few other games (Ghostbusters for example): each pop bumper will cycle through random mystery awards, when 2 pop bumpers land on the same award at the same time, it will lock in and then when the 3rd pop matches it, you receive that award. Extra ball is one of these awards, but I'm not sure how each specific award is weighted/how frequent it occurs.

Cowabunga!

I'll give it another shot tonight, with this in mind, and see if I can get to that Final Battle.

I had it lit the other night, and completely shat the bed trying to hit that left ramp.

Getting close!!!

#7069 2 years ago

back in production next week ?

#7070 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Yes! I’ve got an order for a TMNT being built the week of the 26th! I can’t freakin wait!

#7071 2 years ago

Just found this cleaning out my basement. I painted it in school in like 1987. I guess I dug Raphael the most back then. Lol.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7072 2 years ago

Damn, found a crack at the base of my right ramp and now I can see it moving every time I brick into the post. Gonna be interesting to see how long it holds up. Has anyone else here had to replace ramps yet?

#7073 2 years ago

It all came together tonight, and I got to Final Battle with Mikey.

Gotta say though, wizard mode is a bit anti-climatic!

Wish you actually felt like you were in a battle, ala Medieval Madness or Dialed In.

Now I'm setting it to super easy for my kids to enjoy. Anyone know of you can put a ball save on when episodes start?

#7074 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I’m in Australia & I can’t get one till next year. I’ll hit up my supplier & hopefully I get one sooner. How do you know when they go back into production?

#7075 2 years ago

It all came together tonight, and I got to Final Battle with Mikey.
Gotta say though, wizard mode is a bit anti-climatic!
Wish you actually felt like you were in a battle, ala Medieval Madness or Dialed In.
Now I'm setting it to super easy for my kids to enjoy. Anyone know of you can put a ball save on when episodes start?

I don’t think you can make this game easy, it is the only game I have to set to 5 balls to have fun.

#7076 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I don’t think you can make this game easy, it is the only game I have to set to 5 balls to have fun.

Haha I hear you!

This game is brutal! I enjoy games that shoot like that, I just don't really think it fits the theme for this one.

I remember someone made something for TWD that made the outlanes friendlier. I need something like that. I think it will make the game more enjoyable for the family.

#7077 2 years ago

Hey Xaqery ...understand you'd be busy with Mando code. I had such a fun game on TMNT and had a thought. In the next code release it'd be cool to see high scores for most peices of pizza eaten in attract mode etc. It gives my house alot of joy that feature - thanks!

#7078 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Hey Xaqery ...understand you'd be busy with Mando code. I had such a fun game on TMNT and had a thought. In the next code release it'd be cool to see high scores for most peices of pizza eaten in attract mode etc. It gives my house alot of joy that feature - thanks!

Love that! Also speed records for how fast they are eaten like the rpm for aiq

#7079 2 years ago

Two screws on the left flipper bracket completely broke/sheered off on Saturday leaving the coil dangling. Unable to unscrew them (think of a key breaking off in a lock) so I had to order a completely new bracket. Game was NIB in April. Uggh.

#7080 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Two screws on the left flipper bracket completely broke/sheered off on Saturday leaving the coil dangling. Unable to unscrew them (think of a key breaking off in a lock) so I had to order a completely new bracket. Game was NIB in April. Uggh.

Get a good quality screw extractor set for the future. They are a little cumbersome to use but they can work with a little effort.

#7081 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Love that! Also speed records for how fast they are eaten like the rpm for aiq

Oh yes that would be awesome too. Gives everyone including kids something to aim for that is achievable.
Hopefully we see a scoring balance overall that makes getting big scores and doing other things rewarding (hahaha, or very disappointing if you miss the shots ).

Xaqery

#7082 2 years ago

Has Stern ever thought of adding High Score of the day or is that just a JJP thing?

#7083 2 years ago

Finally broke down after months and months of stagnation to setting at 5 balls. I've rectified this in my mind by acknowledging that not all playfields are built equally and that the three ball standard is for the quarter collectors. MUCH more fun now! I can actually, you know, PROGRESS!

#7084 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Finally broke down after months and months of stagnation to setting at 5 balls. I've rectified this in my mind by acknowledging that not all playfields are built equally and that the three ball standard is for the quarter collectors. MUCH more fun now! I can actually, you know, PROGRESS!

Hahaha, I might try this. I've actually started to play a 2-player co-op which has been a stack of fun to progress. Mind you it also hasn't helped sometimes!

#7085 2 years ago

I have a full set of Cliffy protectors including the shooter lane, drain hole, and switch slow protectors. The set goes for $55 plus shipping.

If anyone is interested, I could do it for $50 flat, shipping included.

Send me a PM if interested.

#7086 2 years ago

Hello fellow TMNT owners,

Wondering if I might have something wrong with my premium. When hitting the left ramp shot to start team-ups, the GI lights all turn off as if the ball is supposed to be held every time by the diverter as the animations play to begin the mode. On my game, the ball immediately returns to my flippers and I have to flip in the dark to keep it alive until the lights come back on and the second ball launches. Is this an issue, and if so, where should I begin to correct it?

Thanks in advance

#7087 2 years ago

I finally got around to publishing the TMNT Blimp 3D file that I had commissioned. I had to do a bunch of fixes to make it 3D printable. Here is a link to the blimp. If you print it large enough, I think it would make for an awesome topper. It's just not currently very easy to print. If you have any luck with it, please post here. I was able to print a decent small one, which my toddler broke. If you don't have a large printer, I think it would be awesome as a playfield decoration. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4918827

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 10.27.01 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2021-07-27 at 10.27.01 PM (resized).jpg
#7088 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Hello fellow TMNT owners,
Wondering if I might have something wrong with my premium. When hitting the left ramp shot to start team-ups, the GI lights all turn off as if the ball is supposed to be held every time by the diverter as the animations play to begin the mode. On my game, the ball immediately returns to my flippers and I have to flip in the dark to keep it alive until the lights come back on and the second ball launches. Is this an issue, and if so, where should I begin to correct it?
Thanks in advance

Yea that sounds odd, is the diverter working otherwise? You can cycle it thru the positions pushing the button? The ball is getting caught for 123 Foot, etc?

#7089 2 years ago

How are you guys getting these 100M+ scores?

I got to phase 2 of the Final Battle and still only had like 70M haha!

Also, for anyone interested, I have the full set of Cliffys available. It cost $65 from Spooky. Will ship it out anywhere in the USA/Canada for $50 flat.

PM me.

#7090 2 years ago

Raphael at Level 3 makes your 2X Playfield become 3X, so that can really help. Plus his Level 4 Perk is 3X Episode scoring. I think my biggest scores have come from having 2 huge Ninja Pizza MBs, and getting to Final battle with lots of completed modes plus the playfield X going when I start Final Battle. The other way, is to blow up the "Neutrino Pizza Party" mode (the one you light from getting to level 3). That mode can be super valuable if you are able to consistently hit the 2 orbits and the 2 ramps in order to keep resetting the mode timer.

#7091 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Raphael at Level 3 makes your 2X Playfield become 3X, so that can really help. Plus his Level 4 Perk is 3X Episode scoring. I think my biggest scores have come from having 2 huge Ninja Pizza MBs, and getting to Final battle with lots of completed modes plus the playfield X going when I start Final Battle. The other way, is to blow up the "Neutrino Pizza Party" mode (the one you light from getting to level 3). That mode can be super valuable if you are able to consistently hit the 2 orbits and the 2 ramps in order to keep resetting the mode timer.

One and only time I got to final battle I had 94m before starting it with mikey. Most points came from the multiballs and end of ball bonus hold. Get those long multiballs with mondo and super jackpots on 2X. Preferably 2 multiballs on a single ball.

#7092 2 years ago

What's the point of ever using Donatello? First shot to that right ramp starts the multi-ball which is pointless unless you can start a mode first.

#7093 2 years ago

What's the point of ever using Donatello? First shot to that right ramp starts the multi-ball which is pointless unless you can start a mode first.

For beginners who like multiballs. You have to roll over 123 foot to lock it out of multiball to hit that ramp to qualify mode.

#7094 2 years ago

Also, for anyone interested, I have the full set of Cliffys available. It cost $65 from Spooky. Will ship it out anywhere in the USA/Canada for $50 flat.
PM me.

Try finishing as many modes as possible because they really add up to a nice cash out if you make it to “Final Battle”. Don’t forget to train Raphael to 3x on your way to Final Battle so you can take advantage of a rewarding 3x cash out…when and if you reach Final Battle. Raphael is definitely the most powerful turtle to use if you’re seeking a GC score. I hope/wish that we will have a update to help even out all the turtles and to get our wizard mode(Final Battle)working properly.

#7095 2 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Yea that sounds odd, is the diverter working otherwise? You can cycle it thru the positions pushing the button? The ball is getting caught for 123 Foot, etc?

Ok it seems to me that my glider positions need to be properly calibrated in the Game-specific diagnostic menu. Currently my glider is moving into position to hold the ball, but where it ends up does not stop the ball. I need to move my left and right positions closer to center I believe.

Has anyone successfully recalibrated their glider positions? For some reason I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Would also love to know what glider positions some of you show in this screen. Here are my current settings:

Far Left: 150
Left:163
Center: 175
Right:195
Far Right:213

For the calibration process, am I supposed to move the glider by hand to the proper positions, or use the +/- buttons to dial this in.

Thanks in advance for your support

#7096 2 years ago

This game needs a code update badly. I can’t see it happening with Dwight focusing on getting Mando code to 1.0. I’m thinking of selling my premium to fund IMDN and then purchase TMNT again if Dwight ever finishes coding this “could be” amazing game.

#7097 2 years ago

My TMNT was supposed to be built this week. Super disappointed with the TMNT run delay. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long. This is my first pin purchase.

#7098 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

This game needs a code update badly. I can’t see it happening with Dwight focusing on getting Mando code to 1.0. I’m thinking of selling my premium to fund IMDN and then purchase TMNT again if Dwight ever finishes coding this “could be” amazing game.

What code updates are you hoping for?

#7099 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Try finishing as many modes as possible because they really add up to a nice cash out if you make it to “Final Battle”. Don’t forget to train Raphael to 3x on your way to Final Battle so you can take advantage of a rewarding 3x cash out…when and if you reach Final Battle. Raphael is definitely the most powerful turtle to use if you’re seeking a GC score. I hope/wish that we will have a update to help even out all the turtles and to get our wizard mode(Final Battle)working properly.

What isn't working properly in the Final Battle?

Quoted from Indusguys:

I hear this far too often. I know people will die on their sword sticking up for Dwight, but the first experience I had in pinball was my best friend getting a Ghostbusters, and then being left with an unfinished game for years. Then there was Munsters, GoT, etc, etc...

And now, even though the game is arguably complete, I keep hearing people say it needs a lot of fixes. I'm not picking on Dwight, I'm just pointing out that this isn't acceptable or cool. Look at Elwin and Sheets games. Even though they are constantly trimming the fat, they pretty much get to a fully functioning game quickly.

Just saying that in my experience, I generally avoid games that Dwight is on. This one was an exception because I love the theme, but even here, after 3 weeks, I think I'm kind of done with it. The game is fun, but it lacks depth. There's no "wow" factor in it compared to some of the other newer titles on the market.

Curious to know what you guys think?

#7100 2 years ago

Curious to know what you guys think?

Ive got so many ideas for what Id like tweaked/fixed/changed but in summary: Scoring balance, Turtle Perks balanced to be worthwhile and useful, rework 123 Foot into something that doesnt just get in the way of the rest of the game, rework cowabunga requirements so they arent so grindy/arbitrary feeling.

Not vital but something that would be nice is making the center ramp spot a ramp for lighting episodes, this would prevent having to play Turtle Power MB without an episode (without needing 123 foot to be going).

Overall, the core of the game is solid MB with episodes, Team Up, the Training is cool too but then all the side-type stuff (April HU, Krang Kombo, 123 Foot, Weapon HU) seem to be not very valuable and seem like their only purpose is to qualify Cowabunga which could be qualified by completing Final Battle, getting to Level 4 and getting a Super Jackpot or something more straightforward like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,061 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.