(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 240.
#7001 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Step 1: throw playfield protector in trash
Step 2: play pinball

Unfortunately, I was about to say the same thing.

#7002 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Step 1: throw playfield protector in trash
Step 2: play pinball

Couldn't agree more. Get yourself a good playfield cleaner and wax, and enjoy the maintenance. For me, it's a part of the hobby.

Playfield protectors remind me of that thick-ass plastic your grandma would put on her couch.

But I'll add, some of us are very OCD about our games, so whatever you decide, there's no right or wrong.

Enjoy your game

#7003 2 years ago
Quoted from Kinglaserface:

Total newbie here and in the pinball community overall. I have been a lurker and joined just recently after finally convincing the wife to let me get my first pinball machine, the Premium turtles.
To those who installed a playfield protector, did you get it from playfield-protectors.com? Any one have a step by step guide/tutorial out to help out a first time pinball owner in installing one? I also have a question about the spinning pizza disc with a PF installed. Are there any issues? I would thing it was cause a problem with the circle cutout being lower than the PF but not quite sure. Any help would be most appreciated, thank you in advance!

Send me a pm. I made a pdf of my notes during the playfield protector install on my pro last summer. I buy them from playfield protectors of Germany.

#7004 2 years ago

I buy them from Mirco (playfield-protectors.com) and they are super thin now and can’t tell the difference in game play. I used to be in the crowd of nay sayers, but now have brand new looking PFs on all my games. Get top dollar if you ever want to sell as well. Choice between game without and with, game with sells easier and for more every time. Only 0.5 mm thin, the new versions. Hardly notice at all, except gives your PF an extra shine, without the need to constantly wax and get wax all over everything. Just sayin. But to those that enjoy waxing, good on them too! Durgee7 notes will be invaluable, as I have notes too and without them, it’ll be a tough one to install. Fews games are as loaded as TMNT, so there is a lot to take off, in order to get the PFp on, but worth it, imo.

#7005 2 years ago

It was a tricky install but the pizza disk can be raised to be flush with the playfield protector. It works great.

#7006 2 years ago

Unfortunately have to agree with the folks saying no playfield protector. Ive played games that had them on and the gameplay feels much more floaty to me. To each their own though.

#7007 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Couldn't agree more. Get yourself a good playfield cleaner and wax, and enjoy the maintenance. For me, it's a part of the hobby.
Playfield protectors remind me of that thick-ass plastic your grandma would put on her couch.
But I'll add, some of us are very OCD about our games, so whatever you decide, there's no right or wrong.
Enjoy your game

I figured I'd get flak from the inquiry on PF protectors but I totally get it. I kindly appreciate all the feedback! I'm not planning on becoming a pro or anything like that, just figured it'd be good for longevity. My local arcade has them on theirs so I figured why not do the same at home. Perhaps when I learn more about the hobby and build up my confidence, I can spend more time in the hobby to do what the pros here do.

Growing up in a household where the plastic clingwrap/stays on the remote control until it falls off, I totally get that grandma couch sentiment.

Quoted from durgee7:

Send me a pm. I made a pdf of my notes during the playfield protector install on my pro last summer. I buy them from playfield protectors of Germany.

Message sent, I look forward to hearing from you!

Quoted from Thunderbird:

I buy them from Mirco (playfield-protectors.com) and they are super thin now and can’t tell the difference in game play. I used to be in the crowd of nay sayers, but now have brand new looking PFs on all my games. Get top dollar if you ever want to sell as well. Choice between game without and with, game with sells easier and for more every time. Only 0.5 mm thin, the new versions. Hardly notice at all, except gives your PF an extra shine, without the need to constantly wax and get wax all over everything. Just sayin. But to those that enjoy waxing, good on them too! Durgee7 notes will be invaluable, as I have notes too and without them, it’ll be a tough one to install. Fews games are as loaded as TMNT, so there is a lot to take off, in order to get the PFp on, but worth it, imo.

As a kid from the 90's, I played the heck out of the data east one. I doubt I'll ever sell it as TMNT is a franchise that my family love. I just want to keep it pristine so by the time my son becomes an adult, the art will still be decent unlike the Data East version I've seen lately. It was either Star Wars or TMNT, but I don't have fond memories of the Star Wars 92 table as much as I love that 91 TMNT. Thank you for your input!

Quoted from crashnt20:

It was a tricky install but the pizza disk can be raised to be flush with the playfield protector. It works great.

Thank you for that info! I see people saying that they installed protectors on their tables and I was quite curious as to how the protector was on the pizza disc.

#7008 2 years ago

curious as to how the protector was on the pizza disc.

Pizza disc is metal and doesn’t need or come with a protector. Decal is very durable.

When installing the protector, its the only machine, I’ve ever had to take the back wooden panel off the PF itself. If you understand that, it makes it a whole lot easier to install the PFp. One thing nice, since everything comes off, you reinstall it tightened just right, so everything seems to play even better.

#7009 2 years ago

Total newbie here and in the pinball community overall. I have been a lurker and joined just recently after finally convincing the wife to let me get my first pinball machine, the Premium turtles.
To those who installed a playfield protector, did you get it from playfield-protectors.com? Any one have a step by step guide/tutorial out to help out a first time pinball owner in installing one? I also have a question about the spinning pizza disc with a PF installed. Are there any issues? I would thing it was cause a problem with the circle cutout being lower than the PF but not quite sure. Any help would be most appreciated, thank you in advance!

TMNT premium is my first and only machine and I installed a protector after hearing the pros and cons. After considering the huge investment and my desire to protect the resale value, I ultimately purchased and installed the protector. I played three balls on it before putting the protector on.

I figured I would just cut it off if it made the game play poorly or I felt like it was a net negative.

I don’t notice any effect the protector has on the gameplay since I haven’t really played the thing without one. The game is tough and I’m making great progress after about 500 games.

I have taken many pictures of the installation and would be happy to jump on a call to talk about the install and provide some pointers that may help you get it done. PM me and we can set up a call.

It was difficult to install but I’m really happy with the protector. It’s invisible and I forget that it’s even there.

The pizza spinner is hard to level perfectly back to front and side to side. There’s a tiny bit of play in it even when completely tightened. So the leveling of the thing isn’t ever going to be perfect as far as I can tell - protector or no protector. I was able to raise it like .25 mm and it’s flush towards the front and off by a hair at the back. Doesn’t affect gameplay as far as I can tell.

#7010 2 years ago

You aren’t protecting your resale value. Blowing out your playfield in a home environment is impossible. All you are doing is hurting your playing experience. It’s your game and do whatever you want with it though.

#7011 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You aren’t protecting your resale value. Blowing out your playfield in a home environment is impossible. All you are doing is hurting your playing experience. It’s your game and do whatever you want with it though.

You’re alright for someone from Acton. Agreed.

#7012 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hypothetically, I have two identical TMNT LEs each at the exact same price: $8000 (a steal!). They each have 1000 plays on them. And I'm listing them both at the exact same price. They're both in very nice condition inside and out. One shows minor wear with the expected amount of dimpling for a game with 1000 plays but nothing major -it's been cleaned and waxed every 200 plays. The other one has had a playfield protector on it from day one. It also has been cleaned every 200 days. It doesn't appear to have any playfield wear at all underneath the protector.

The protector is thin enough to cut off with a pair of scissors as soon as you get it home. Which of these two games are you going to buy?

#7013 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Hypothetically, I have two identical TMNT LEs each at the exact same price: $8000 (a steal!). They each have 1000 plays on them. And I'm listing them both at the exact same price. They're both in very nice condition inside and out. One shows minor wear with the expected amount of dimpling for a game with 1000 plays but nothing major -it's been cleaned and waxed every 200 plays. The other one has had a playfield protector on it from day one. It also has been cleaned every 200 days. It doesn't appear to have any playfield wear at all underneath the protector.
The protector is thin enough to cut off with a pair of scissors as soon as you get it home. Which of these two games are you going to buy?

You hypothetically just did nothing to protect resale value.

They both sell at same price to different people.

#7014 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

You hypothetically just did nothing to protect resale value.
They both sell at same price to different people.

Which of these two pinball machines would you buy? If you said the one without the protector, I suspect you're not telling the truth.

Now, let's say there's a $500 dollar difference in price. Are you telling me you'd buy a useless and overpriced $1000 topper at the drop of a hat, but you're not going to spend an extra $500 to get a nearly pristine playfield? If the answer is yes to this, I again suspect you're not being honest.

#7015 2 years ago

I've always been wary of a game with a protector. Afraid it will play weird. But a buddy jsut got a star wars prem with on and seems to play great. I do wonder if you had one with out next to ifnit if would be that different in play but heck don't all play a bit different?
I'd personally never try to put one on as I'm sure I'd end up with "extra" pieces and it would never work right hahaha.

#7016 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I've always been wary of a game with a protector. Afraid it will play weird. But a buddy jsut got a star wars prem with on and seems to play great. I do wonder if you had one with out next to ifnit if would be that different in play but heck don't all play a bit different?
I'd personally never try to put one on as I'm sure I'd end up with "extra" pieces and it would never work right hahaha.

This is my one big argument against it. It's an enormous pain in the ass to install and it's possible you'll break something if not done carefully. I wouldn't do it again if you paid me, but I'm glad it's on there and I'm not removing it unless it clouds over or turns yellow.

#7017 2 years ago

Seriously. Ditch the protector idea. Wax and clean your playfield every 4 months and enjoy a prestine machine.

#7018 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Seriously. Ditch the protector idea. Wax and clean your playfield every 4 months and enjoy a prestine machine.

Any solid "how-to" videos for a first timer? I've got a Turtles pin delivering at the end of the month! It's my first pin and I'm freakin stoked!

#7019 2 years ago

I swear playfield protectors makes pinside just as salty as MM,AFM, and MB staying in the top 5 or the flipper feel between the cgc remakes. Clearly enough people like using them cause they keep selling

#7020 2 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Which of these two pinball machines would you buy? If you said the one without the protector, I suspect you're not telling the truth.
Now, let's say there's a $500 dollar difference in price. Are you telling me you'd buy a useless and overpriced $1000 topper at the drop of a hat, but you're not going to spend an extra $500 to get a nearly pristine playfield? If the answer is yes to this, I again suspect you're not being honest.

I’m saying I could buy either one doesn’t make a difference. If they are both same price and there are two buyers, they both get sold and you just installed a protector which did nothing to protect or increase value.

I’m not buying a useless 1000 topper at a drop of a hat and chose not to buy one still. $500 more for a pristine playfield that when removed is gonna look about the same in a few thousand plays i would not either.

Now of you choose to play with a protector for like 30k plays and then sell it maybe you make some extra, but was that extra worth playing 30k games on a subpar playfield?

#7021 2 years ago

What playfield wax should I be purchasing that everyone would recommend?

#7022 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

What playfield wax should I be purchasing that everyone would recommend?</blockquote

Any pure carnauba wax is good. Mother’s, meguires, P21S

#7023 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Blitz one grand.

#7024 2 years ago

P21s 100% carnuba is some amazing wax!

#7025 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

P21s 100% carnuba is some amazing wax!

Where do you find that? I'm almost out of wax so I should really pick some more up.

#7027 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Any solid "how-to" videos for a first timer? I've got a Turtles pin delivering at the end of the month! It's my first pin and I'm freakin stoked!

Good question. Turtles was our first pin couple months ago. It's great to have at home; sometimes brutal, but nearly always fun (except that left outlane which can go to hell).

#7028 2 years ago

Can someone share a photo of their lower flippers, so I can see where they are lined up.

Thank you!

#7029 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Uh, Turtle wax, right?

#7030 2 years ago

One more thing, how do you load up Turtle Power? 4 shots to the right ramp? I keep starting it as I hit the right ramp to startode, which means the MB is wasted.

Also, how do you get more MBs after you do the pizza parlor one and Turtle Power?

#7031 2 years ago

One more thing, how do you load up Turtle Power? 4 shots to the right ramp? I keep starting it as I hit the right ramp to startode, which means the MB is wasted.
Also, how do you get more MBs after you do the pizza parlor one and Turtle Power?

you need to complete team up, then you should get another round of pizza parlor and turtle power mb.

you can postbone the starting of the mb by activating foot 123 before shootig up the ramp.

#7032 2 years ago

When the Turtle Power insert is flashing, you have 1 more shot to start the MB. Pro tip: get 1 shot away from the MB before starting the first episode to avoid "wasting" the MB by not stacking it with an episode. I like the "Krang Wants a Body" episode because the right ramp is a mode shot as well the MB start and the perk for Team Up is huge!

#7033 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

When the Turtle Power insert is flashing, you have 1 more shot to start the MB. Pro tip: get 1 shot away from the MB before starting the first episode to avoid "wasting" the MB by not stacking it with an episode. I like the "Krang Wants a Body" episode because the right ramp is a mode shot as well the MB start and the perk for Team Up is huge!

So I hit the right ramp 3 times, TP will flash, then I start mode. Hit right ramp once more in that mode to start the TP MB?

#7034 2 years ago

So I hit the right ramp 3 times, TP will flash, then I start mode. Hit right ramp once more in that mode to start the TP MB?

Yep.

#7035 2 years ago

hi guys just joined with a premium

only thing that needs tweaking is that the right ramp/left orbit hits the left sling about 60% of the time instead of feeding the left flipper.

Any tips for adjusting this? i am level at 6.5

#7036 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

hi guys just joined with a premium
only thing that needs tweaking is that the right ramp/left orbit hits the left sling about 60% of the time instead of feeding the left flipper.
Any tips for adjusting this? i am level at 6.5

Congratulations. I am coming over tomorrow.

#7037 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Congratulations. I am coming over tomorrow.

Sounds good

#7038 2 years ago

Ok I fixed the orbit feed to the flipper but now the inner ramp shot feels harder to make.... any tips for getting this perfect?

#7039 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ok I fixed the orbit feed to the flipper but now the inner ramp shot feels harder to make.... any tips for getting this perfect?

What did you adjust to get the orbit to feed the way you wanted?

#7040 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

What did you adjust to get the orbit to feed the way you wanted?

I loosened the ball guide and bent it a bit. I’m not sure if it’s actually harder to hit the inner shots, I waxed my game so the thing is lightning

#7041 2 years ago

Hello Fellow TMNT owners. I was cleaning my TMNT Pro and giving everything a visual inspection, and I noticed something odd on the right side of the left ramp entry area. There's a loose rivet installed in the stainless ball guide right behind the stand-up target that's not doing anything on my machine (see pictures, rivet is circled in red with an arrow). I can't believe Stern would just install a rivet in a hole here for no reason. I suspect a bracket/brace or something may broken or fell off.

Can you please look at your machines and let me know if there's supposed to be something behind this stainless ball guide that's missing on my TMNT?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Jeff R.

20210716_225213 (resized).jpg20210716_225213 (resized).jpg20210716_225230 (resized).jpg20210716_225230 (resized).jpg

#7042 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hello Fellow TMNT owners. I was cleaning my TMNT Pro and giving everything a visual inspection, and I noticed something odd on the right side of the left ramp entry area. There's a loose rivet installed in the stainless ball guide right behind the stand-up target that's not doing anything on my machine (see pictures, rivet is circled in red with an arrow). I can't believe Stern would just install a rivet in a hole here for no reason. I suspect a bracket/brace or something may broken or fell off.
Can you please look at your machines and let me know if there's supposed to be something behind this stainless ball guide that's missing on my TMNT?
Jeff R.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's exactly the same on my LE, guess they reused a part from a different machine?

#7043 2 years ago

After a year of waiting, my Turtles is now complete. Thanks to Joystix in Houston. Cowabunga!

D82BC429-A037-4D9A-960A-0BE486A6167F (resized).jpegD82BC429-A037-4D9A-960A-0BE486A6167F (resized).jpeg
#7044 2 years ago

Its probably there to reduce sdtm:s, but it shouldn't be loose.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Jeff R.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#7045 2 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Its probably there to reduce sdtm:s, but it shouldn't be loose.

That’s exactly what it does for me.

#7046 2 years ago

Added some Kenwood speakers and Doug's Speaker lights to my Pro. Also, turned down the slingshot bumper power--a lot less bounces directly to the outlanes...and my wife can notice as she has higher scores that I can't get near now.

TMNT (resized).jpgTMNT (resized).jpg
#7047 2 years ago

Don't know if anyone else experiences this issue, but a quick code fix could help immensely if I'm not the only one.

If the LAIR post is up, it will allow a ball to slowly return to the left inlane once it detects the ball and lowers. However, when in a scenario where it has the post down, it can hum through there, hit the rail between the two inlanes (because it had a higher exit velocity out of the LAIR) and bounce into the outlane. My game seems to be set up perfectly, so I think a quick code fix would be a condition where the LAIR post is down and the LAIR switch is hit, left outlane ball save for 2 seconds is lit. The issue in question happened twice last night and really irked me. Anyone else?

#7049 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Don't know if anyone else experiences this issue, but a quick code fix could help immensely if I'm not the only one.
If the LAIR post is up, it will allow a ball to slowly return to the left inlane once it detects the ball and lowers. However, when in a scenario where it has the post down, it can hum through there, hit the rail between the two inlanes (because it had a higher exit velocity out of the LAIR) and bounce into the outlane. My game seems to be set up perfectly, so I think a quick code fix would be a condition where the LAIR post is down and the LAIR switch is hit, left outlane ball save for 2 seconds is lit. The issue in question happened twice last night and really irked me. Anyone else?

There is a setting for lair ball save you can set it to 2 seconds.

#7050 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

There is a setting for lair ball save you can set it to 2 seconds.

There is? How the heck did I miss that??? Going to look for it now. Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/141?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.