(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 240.
#6951 2 years ago

I only have about 135 plays on mine and all of a sudden its shooting 2 balls out at once if I take the kne ball out and just have 5 it plays find I checked both connectors at the trough area

#6952 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I only have about 135 plays on mine and all of a sudden its shooting 2 balls out at once if I take the kne ball out and just have 5 it plays find I checked both connectors at the trough area

Weird, mine started firing out two balls a couple of times tonight too.

On my game, I can hear a knocking sound in the back around the Turtle Wagon. It sounds like a VUK firing.

My game is now giving me ball locks and mission starts without hitting the shot.

Any ideas?

#6953 2 years ago

Trough test shows 6 balls bit it will kick out 2 if I play with 5 it will play alright for awhile it was working fine

#6954 2 years ago

What's crazy is with 5 balls it plays fine I played about 10 games on it but if I put that 6th ball in it will eject it out each time one then the other

#6955 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

What's crazy is with 5 balls it plays fine I played about 10 games on it but if I put that 6th ball in it will eject it out each time one then the other

Does it show 5 balls in the trough test with 1 ball removed? My initial guess is that the ball 6 opto might be flaky. So during game play, it ejects one ball, ball 6 opto is still closed, game thinks there are 6 balls in the trough and it ejects another one.

I haven't read back too far, but have you removed and reseated the connectors on both the receiver and transmitter trough boards?

#6956 2 years ago

Yes it showing 5 and I reaseated the 2 on the trough

#6957 2 years ago

I repeated both on the trough board where is the receiver

#6958 2 years ago

I meant reseated

#6959 2 years ago

Well I found out what it's doing just don't know why ot showing 21 as a ball and it shouldn't

16255015160378023160802129922658 (resized).jpg16255015160378023160802129922658 (resized).jpg
#6960 2 years ago

With all the balls out it still showing this light

16255018428434500902665357132141 (resized).jpg16255018428434500902665357132141 (resized).jpg
#6961 2 years ago

With all the balls out

16255024247104060345124831464174 (resized).jpg16255024247104060345124831464174 (resized).jpg
#6962 2 years ago

It keeps showing a Jamed ball but nothing is in there

#6963 2 years ago

Since that LED light (opto transmitter) is showing it likely means that the opto receiver LED has failed. Since these are surface mount boards with itty bitty components that means you probably need a new board. Try powering down then unplugging/plugging the connectors a few times before going for a replacment

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/spike-2-trough-serial-opto-receiver

#6964 2 years ago

It's only a year old with 140 plays should be under warranty I'm going to try and take a qtip and clean it maybe too

#6965 2 years ago

I have still Problems with the Center ramp opto - fast shots aren't t recognized....

Following Things i have tested:

- ramp protector over the edges as a defelector Cover
- adjust the optos
- replaced the cheap screws to hold optos in line
- Taped the half Sender and Receiver with black tape.

Hope you have some ideas.... Maybe i have to build a Ball defelector in the ramp curve before the optos?

#6966 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

It's only a year old with 140 plays should be under warranty I'm going to try and take a qtip and clean it maybe too

Cleaning it is a great idea. Yah, I would hope that it's under warranty. Your distributor/dealer should be able to help. Good luck!

#6967 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Weird, mine started firing out two balls a couple of times tonight too.
On my game, I can hear a knocking sound in the back around the Turtle Wagon. It sounds like a VUK firing.
My game is now giving me ball locks and mission starts without hitting the shot.
Any ideas?

I had the same issue after about 200 plays. I gently push in on the opto board connector for the pizza parlor lock and that fixed the issue. The optos for that shot are in two thin slots cut into the bottom of the playfield.

#6968 2 years ago

Mine is showing a ball in the jam spot and I can't get the light to go off for nothing

#6969 2 years ago

I don't think it's the board I took ot out cleaned it noticed when I pushed up on the end where the ball comes out by the jam opto light would go out so I took the screw out all I can think of is the hole for the jam must be off about a 1/8th

#6970 2 years ago

I have ot pushed up and so far so good

#6971 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Mine is showing a ball in the jam spot and I can't get the light to go off for nothing

The opto transmitter LED stays on all the time. The receiver LED sees it and registers the switch as OPEN. When a ball blocks it and the receiver can't see the lit LED anymore it considers the switch CLOSED. That's why if a receiver LED goes bad then the CPU thinks there is a ball blocking it and registers the switch CLOSED.

#6972 2 years ago

I took the screw out and pushed it up I'm thinking the hole from the factory for the jam opto is off that's why when I push up on it goes out

#6973 2 years ago

It looks like that is I guess resolved but the problem with the flippers going dead and draining I still have

#6974 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I don’t have this problem on the new code. Never encountered a crash. Have you tried reloading the firmware?

It’s happened a handful of times, not a lot, but just certainly something you would hope they would fix. Only happens at the beginning of the turtle power multi ball, game plays fine otherwise and everything is updated as far as I know.

#6975 2 years ago

I know lermods makes a kit to do this with a different krang... but i’d like to do it with an OG krang. This one was mine as a kid. Any suggestions for an led flasher with socket that would fit this hole?

It’s 5/8”. and about 1” deep.

AF85D388-A6DC-40B2-ADA7-87722C20B40D (resized).jpegAF85D388-A6DC-40B2-ADA7-87722C20B40D (resized).jpegEF7BB99D-0FE2-4B19-A519-7F75CAE90C22 (resized).jpegEF7BB99D-0FE2-4B19-A519-7F75CAE90C22 (resized).jpeg
#6976 2 years ago

Anyone ever have that problem I had it was the opto I changed it with star wars works brand new now star wars has the problem lol damn shame only have 135 plays on it

#6977 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I have still Problems with the Center ramp opto - fast shots aren't t recognized....
- adjust the optos
Hope you have some ideas.... Maybe i have to build a Ball defelector in the ramp curve before the optos?

I was having similar problems on my JP with fast shots. Fast orbit shots would not register but slow shots would. Apparently this is common on a couple of different optos on that machine. The consensus is that the fast shots get a little air and the ball breaks only the top half of the light beam. Top half of the beam still means that the beam was never broken.

The temp/perm fix was to put a piece of electrical tape on the bottom half of the opto opening. (In my case, the lane guide). There is a more permanent fix to raise the optos. This fixed my issue.

#6978 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

- adjust the optos

Go to mezelmods under TMNT and look at the ramp cover. It probably has to be that size. I just created a larger cover today because my smaller one would catch air balls on the end and get deflected back down the ramp. Balls that made it around registered 100% of the time.

#6979 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Go to mezelmods under TMNT and look at the ramp cover. It probably has to be that size. I just created a larger cover today because my smaller one would catch air balls on the end and get deflected back down the ramp. Balls that made it around registered 100% of the time.

i got this Plastic from Pinball univers- but it's still happening on lightning fast balls and it drives me nuts

#6980 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I was having similar problems on my JP with fast shots. Fast orbit shots would not register but slow shots would. Apparently this is common on a couple of different optos on that machine. The consensus is that the fast shots get a little air and the ball breaks only the top half of the light beam. Top half of the beam still means that the beam was never broken.
The temp/perm fix was to put a piece of electrical tape on the bottom half of the opto opening. (In my case, the lane guide). There is a more permanent fix to raise the optos. This fixed my issue.

I put electrical tape on the lower half of the opto - but I think just like you said raise the optos a bit would help. This is a real design flaw....

#6981 2 years ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

I had the same issue after about 200 plays. I gently push in on the opto board connector for the pizza parlor lock and that fixed the issue. The optos for that shot are in two thin slots cut into the bottom of the playfield.

I think my issue might actually be the pot light on the ceiling just off to the side of the game. I triggered the pop up post by putting my finger in front of the opto, and then stepped away, and it kept firing.

Turned lights out, firing stopped.

#6982 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I know lermods makes a kit to do this with a different krang... but i’d like to do it with an OG krang. This one was mine as a kid. Any suggestions for an led flasher with socket that would fit this hole?
It’s 5/8”. and about 1” deep.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I used a fire bulb from comet. I think it came out good. I agree this is my favorite Krang.
0FFDA7CE-7B35-4895-A561-C695CD7A0EC0 (resized).jpeg0FFDA7CE-7B35-4895-A561-C695CD7A0EC0 (resized).jpeg

15181B77-D468-470E-9599-7B947EAA6992.gif15181B77-D468-470E-9599-7B947EAA6992.gif
#6983 2 years ago

Relatively new owner here and trying to learn the rules. Understand that pizza toppings have ability to alter the Ninja Pizza multiball ruleset (which is super cool). Can someone confirm that this is why it varies between starting with 3, 4, and even sometimes (I think) 6 balls? Also, what specifically am I trying to accomplish during this multiball? Thanks for clarifying.

#6984 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Can someone confirm that this is why it varies between starting with 3, 4, and even sometimes (I think) 6 balls? Also, what specifically am I trying to accomplish during this multiball? Thanks for clarifying.

Gummy Bears, each one adds an additional ball to the Multiball. As for the objective of the multiball, shoot 6 lit blue shots (foot shots) to light the Krang Loop for a Mondo Jackpot which then lights the LAIR shot for a Super Jackpot.

#6985 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Relatively new owner here and trying to learn the rules.

Not sure how deep you wanna go with learning the rules but there is a detailed rule sheet here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599

#6986 2 years ago

Anyone else have problem with getting weapons on right orbit to register under multiball, i think it deactivates when you drain and new ball autolaunch.

Is this a bug or should be like this?

#6987 2 years ago

Anyone have a pizza building mod they’d be willing to part with?

#6988 2 years ago

Yea those are like finding a star wars topper right now I have been trying to get one lol

#6989 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

- adjust the optos

I lowred the upper left flipper strenght a little bit, and it helped for me.

#6990 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Not sure how deep you wanna go with learning the rules but there is a detailed rule sheet here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599

Thanks for this info. New owner and slowly getting better, scratching the surface of this game. We chose this couple months back over JP Pro after playing
them side by side for awhile.
Wife just annihilated my Don score.

#6991 2 years ago

Quick question about shots in this game.

On mine, any unsuccessful shot to the right ramp (regardless of how high it goes) rolls back down and SDTM. Maybe 1/10 will hit the tip of the flipper, but mostly it's right into the drain.

Does that sound right?

Also, I can't at all post pass in this game. I can with all my other game, but not this one. Is that normal?

#6992 2 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

I lowred the upper left flipper strenght a little bit, and it helped for me.

Turned my Coil power to 180 and added a second diy deflector. Now it works better with fast shots.

#6993 2 years ago

Quick question about shots in this game.
On mine, any unsuccessful shot to the right ramp (regardless of how high it goes) rolls back down and SDTM. Maybe 1/10 will hit the tip of the flipper, but mostly it's right into the drain.
Does that sound right?
Also, I can't at all post pass in this game. I can with all my other game, but not this one. Is that normal?

Mine does not go SDTM normally, maybe 1 in 5 or 6 times it does.

#6994 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Mine does not go SDTM normally, maybe 1 in 5 or 6 times it does.

I puty level onit last night, and looks like I might have had it off a bit when I initially set it up.

Not the right ramp drains are more fair, but the new one is the drain from the piza parlor. When I miss a shot to the ball lock, it drops out, hits the spinning pizza, and right into the center drain.

Is this punishing on your game too,m I feel like I lose at least one ball every game to this.

Thanks!

#6995 2 years ago

I puty level onit last night, and looks like I might have had it off a bit when I initially set it up.
Not the right ramp drains are more fair, but the new one is the drain from the piza parlor. When I miss a shot to the ball lock, it drops out, hits the spinning pizza, and right into the center drain.
Is this punishing on your game too,m I feel like I lose at least one ball every game to this.
Thanks!

I have no drains on either one mine is 6.5 degrees leveled left to right.

#6996 2 years ago

What's the trick to putting up thesebig ass scores?

I got to the 8th battle and had like 36 million!?!?!

#6997 2 years ago

What's the trick to putting up thesebig ass scores?
I got to the 8th battle and had like 36 million!?!?!

A lot of points from multiball. Octopus topping and rollover lanes to get bonus x. If you can get two long multiballs in one ball and bonus hold can get to 10mill in just bonus with episodes completed.

#6998 2 years ago

You have to be kidding me!!!

I get to Final Battle, get cocky and take this photo, and then I launch the ball and miss the left ramp twice and drain.

Oooooooooouch!

PXL_20210711_052445096 (resized).jpgPXL_20210711_052445096 (resized).jpg
#6999 2 years ago

Total newbie here and in the pinball community overall. I have been a lurker and joined just recently after finally convincing the wife to let me get my first pinball machine, the Premium turtles.

To those who installed a playfield protector, did you get it from playfield-protectors.com? Any one have a step by step guide/tutorial out to help out a first time pinball owner in installing one? I also have a question about the spinning pizza disc with a PF installed. Are there any issues? I would thing it was cause a problem with the circle cutout being lower than the PF but not quite sure. Any help would be most appreciated, thank you in advance!

#7000 2 years ago
Quoted from Kinglaserface:

Total newbie here and in the pinball community overall. I have been a lurker and joined just recently after finally convincing the wife to let me get my first pinball machine, the Premium turtles.
To those who installed a playfield protector, did you get it from playfield-protectors.com? Any one have a step by step guide/tutorial out to help out a first time pinball owner in installing one? I also have a question about the spinning pizza disc with a PF installed. Are there any issues? I would thing it was cause a problem with the circle cutout being lower than the PF but not quite sure. Any help would be most appreciated, thank you in advance!

Step 1: throw playfield protector in trash
Step 2: play pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.