(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 240.
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

I ordered these on 6/16 and I'm suppose to get them in the mail tomorrow. When I get them I'll take pictures so you can see them. I also have the stern ones so I can compare the two.

Mine came in today and they really look fantastic. Now I only need the machine to apply them

#602 3 years ago

I love my new le,I have not bought an le for many years,i must say that the talk about noisy Spinning Pizzia mag was verY was very true,mine was squealing like a stuck pig,I did what most say never Say to do and used a drop of that spinner oil we use on the shaft going into the motor,have to remove it first,much much better now,everything else looks ok so far.

#603 3 years ago

Picked up my LE this morning, Stern has done a great job .

#604 3 years ago

I checked with my distributor and his LEs have also not shipped yet.

#605 3 years ago

The faster y’all get your LEs, the faster I get my pro, so I wish you the best.

#606 3 years ago

#5 has arrived, Thanks to Melissa & Chris @ Cointaker!
The paint glows under my LED lights and I’m very impressed so far.

30F95F73-F359-44BC-9889-003C6DE6528B (resized).jpeg30F95F73-F359-44BC-9889-003C6DE6528B (resized).jpeg53752481-493E-42B9-A55F-1CD66622961D (resized).jpeg53752481-493E-42B9-A55F-1CD66622961D (resized).jpegAACEF40C-4921-4F1E-A3D8-096ABA6461BF (resized).jpegAACEF40C-4921-4F1E-A3D8-096ABA6461BF (resized).jpegCD639614-64AA-4934-9280-C0645F7E1D71 (resized).jpegCD639614-64AA-4934-9280-C0645F7E1D71 (resized).jpegA7F62CCA-73FB-4BD6-A1F1-D2363F1BD2D7 (resized).jpegA7F62CCA-73FB-4BD6-A1F1-D2363F1BD2D7 (resized).jpeg
#607 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome! You may want to remove your post, however. If stern catches wind of it, they may get the idea to sell a $600 black light.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Still waiting for my LE to be assembled, so probably not.

I can confirm this based on communications with Stern over Twitter DM. Looks like the final LE's are rolling off the line and will ship this week.

#609 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Jesus christ your house looks awesome.

#610 3 years ago

I just joined the LE club with #475

shot 1 (resized).jpgshot 1 (resized).jpgshot 2 (resized).jpgshot 2 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200706_191201 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200706_191201 (resized).jpg
#611 3 years ago

do they get built in order? if 475 is in the wild they should be about done?

#612 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

I can confirm this based on communications with Stern over Twitter DM. Looks like the final LE's are rolling off the line and will ship this week.

I’m completely confused. I ordered a LE and haven’t heard squat from the authorized dealer I purchased from.

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

I’m completely confused. I ordered a LE and haven’t heard squat from the authorized dealer I purchased from.

Well, with no location listed on your account, it's hard to even guess why that would be. Where are you? What Dist?

#614 3 years ago

LEs are not built in order.

#615 3 years ago

So after LE’s they’re doing premiums then going back to pros? Anyone confirm this?

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from Satismaxtion:

So after LE’s they’re doing premiums then going back to pros? Anyone confirm this?

After LE’s they had said they’re going back to Pros. Then premiums in early August or late July.

#617 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

These are the first photos that have made me happy I got an LE! It looks so good under the UV light!

I’ll admit, I bought the LE so I could get my game faster but I initially preferred the premium art and actively disliked the bright green armor. Maybe the LE will stick around after all with a nice UV light in my game room

#618 3 years ago

So doing temp testing on TMNT to see what the coil temperature situation is and it seems to have at least mild fade, most noticible on the left flipper at around 125F when the left ramp becomes hard/impossible to backhand (at least for me). This is earlier/lower temp than it's noticed in Stranger Things, which doesn't start to be noticed until the 130s, but I think that's just because that left TMNT ramp is so steep that any loss of power on a backhand becomes much more obvious.

Has anyone noticed that the left ramp is harder to backhand the further into a long game they get?

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So doing temp testing on TMNT to see what the coil temperature situation is and it seems to have at least mild fade, most noticible on the left flipper at around 125F when the left ramp becomes hard/impossible to backhand (at least for me). This is earlier/lower temp than it's noticed in Stranger Things, which doesn't start to be noticed until the 130s, but I think that's just because that left TMNT ramp is so steep that any loss of power on a backhand becomes much more obvious.
Has anyone noticed that the left ramp is harder to backhand the further into a long game they get?

I played my friends LE yesterday quite a bit. I was never able to backhand the ramp, but could on his pro on location. Didn't notice any "fade" issue. Stranger things is way more sensitive due to the TK lock shot being so finicky. For TMNT, Is the Prem/LE ramp steeper? Strangely enough the LE example he has played easier than the pro for me. Every game plays different.

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Make sure you don't have a cold or incomplete solder joint on that coil somewhere. As you may already know, bad connections make heat.

#621 3 years ago

Flipper toppers came out decent, still needs a bit of polish, but i like them.

DEF83D0F-2383-4F45-843B-E35D98CCA599.jpegDEF83D0F-2383-4F45-843B-E35D98CCA599.jpegA880951F-6662-47B0-B9C4-6998A6B3DF37.jpegA880951F-6662-47B0-B9C4-6998A6B3DF37.jpeg0D9BD746-FA61-4170-A632-1C333AA8071C.jpeg0D9BD746-FA61-4170-A632-1C333AA8071C.jpeg2F2742A6-72CD-4CE9-BF7E-765E0D327446.jpeg2F2742A6-72CD-4CE9-BF7E-765E0D327446.jpeg
#622 3 years ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

My distro contact was on vacation last week, but I did hear from his employees today and I'm scheduled to get my LE delivered this Friday (the 9th). It sounded like more LE's were going out today.

#623 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

My distro contact was on vacation last week, but I did hear from his employees today and I'm scheduled to get my LE delivered this Friday (the 9th). It sounded like more LE's were going out today.

I can also confirm this; dealer called today for a early next week delivery.

#624 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I can also confirm this; dealer called today for a early next week delivery.

Cool - thanks for the updates fellas. Looking forward to landing mine soon!

#625 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Make sure you don't have a cold or incomplete solder joint on that coil somewhere. As you may already know, bad connections make heat.

Looked good and I gave them a tug to make sure there wasn't something I couldn't see. It's fine.

One thing that was immediately clear is I won't be able to do a one-size fits all bracket pair. TMNT has a whole bunch going on under the playfield by the right flipper, so I had to raise the fan a bit and angle it down. Left side was the same as Stranger Things. I'll probably end up with a few similar designs and mix and match by machine.

#626 3 years ago

Im for an LE... but the wait is long for us here in Australia. Won’t be seeing it until September!

#627 3 years ago

I really wanted to like TMNT (Badly) it was a dream theme for me, sold our Deadpool in advance and everything for it. I've gone to play a Pro twice now and each time I found myself "trying" to like it, but I still just can't get myself to buy. Starting episodes is strange as I know you need to hit both ramps to light it, but there is no insert or light indicating which ramp I still need to shoot to get it going. The game just seems too easy to me. I mean when you do start an episode, when you drain I noticed I was spotted the episode, without having to work my way through it to advance in the game. Again I really like the theme, but unfortunately I don't feel it was done right. Except for the art, the art is amazing!

#628 3 years ago

It's the yellow inserts in front of the ramps. Although they are rarely lit since often things in the game lock you out of mode progress.

#629 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

I really wanted to like TMNT (Badly) it was a dream theme for me, sold our Deadpool in advance and everything for it. I've gone to play a Pro twice now and each time I found myself "trying" to like it, but I still just can't get myself to buy. Starting episodes is strange as I know you need to hit both ramps to light it, but there is no insert or light indicating which ramp I still need to shoot to get it going. The game just seems too easy to me. I mean when you do start an episode, when you drain I noticed I was spotted the episode, without having to work my way through it to advance in the game. Again I really like the theme, but unfortunately I don't feel it was done right. Except for the art, the art is amazing!

Once you hit both ramps (indicated by a yellow insert) your start episode insert will be lit by the turtle van. That will start your modes. If you complete your modes you get bigger points and better perks going into your Team Up mini wizard mode. It also shows on the right side of the LCD which modes you completed and which ones you did not complete. I have not made it to Final Battle so not sure if the completion of those modes gives perks in that. As far as the game being easy.....Get to Cowabunga ultimate wizard mode and then let us know if it is still easy.

#630 3 years ago

Hey guys! my order from Retro Refurbs came in yesterday and I got their new TMMT blade art. I also ordered the ones from stern to compare here are some pictures in case you guys are thinking about getting either. both of them look really nice!

I might like the retro refurb ones better the colors seem to pop real nice! however the stern one was done by zombie yeti so it’s a tough choice both are really nice though!

Can’t go wrong either way!!!

3E152974-B4AF-4CB8-992B-266AC799CBED (resized).jpeg3E152974-B4AF-4CB8-992B-266AC799CBED (resized).jpeg4AE31A2B-D334-40F5-8BC3-3307A81D31CD (resized).jpeg4AE31A2B-D334-40F5-8BC3-3307A81D31CD (resized).jpeg8E93C1A7-7B9C-4AE5-A70E-288655972C20 (resized).jpeg8E93C1A7-7B9C-4AE5-A70E-288655972C20 (resized).jpegAEE9AB31-5E35-4AB0-AF18-1766FA33F201 (resized).jpegAEE9AB31-5E35-4AB0-AF18-1766FA33F201 (resized).jpegCE3C8620-18CC-491D-A322-DB12F57C688C (resized).jpegCE3C8620-18CC-491D-A322-DB12F57C688C (resized).jpeg
#631 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Im for an LE... but the wait is long for us here in Australia. Won’t be seeing it until September!

Wow, you must be loaded

My pro comes to Aus in August.

Just ordered the Stern artblades through Pinball life (as well as the pinball life shaker). May get the blades and shaker before the machine.

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hey guys! my order from Retro Refurbs came in yesterday and I got their new TMMT blade art. I also ordered the ones from stern to compare here are some pictures in case you guys are thinking about getting either. both of them look really nice!
I might like the retro refurb ones better the colors seem to pop real nice! however the stern one was done by zombie yeti so it’s a tough choice both are really nice though!
Can’t go wrong either way!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think the Stern ones suit the machine better. Thanks for sharing both side by side.

EDIT: The retro ones will suit the premium well i think

#633 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

The same mechanic of advancement without completion is used in TSPP and JJP POTC. They also do reward with more points and bonuses if you do complete. So this is how it should be. You would be pretty pissed to almost finish an episode, drain and then have to redo.

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Flipper toppers came out decent, still needs a bit of polish, but i like them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your third photo shows the top flipper as being slightly off parallel to the orbit. If you are having problems with the Lair shot, could you try adjusting the resting flipper position slightly upwards? Is there a flipper placement guide (hole in the playfield). I adjusted my JJP POTC top left flipper and it did make the Bayou hole underneath the flipper easier to hit. Trick is to just adjust slightly so not to change the shot trajectory too much. Just a thought, as I am reading many people complaining about this Lair shot.

#635 3 years ago

FRESH........ I never had one this new LOL

rename (resized).jpgrename (resized).jpg
#636 3 years ago

Damn..... feels like my pro is taking forever. Can’t wait to join the club

#637 3 years ago

Ya I’m waiting on a pro in CA as well. Feels like I won’t see it till late Aug/September

#638 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn..... feels like my pro is taking forever. Can’t wait to join the club

Same here!!!

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Your third photo shows the top flipper as being slightly off parallel to the orbit. If you are having problems with the Lair shot, could you try adjusting the resting flipper position slightly upwards? Is there a flipper placement guide (hole in the playfield). I adjusted my JJP POTC top left flipper and it did make the Bayou hole underneath the flipper easier to hit. Trick is to just adjust slightly so not to change the shot trajectory too much. Just a thought, as I am reading many people complaining about this Lair shot.

Definitely a tough shot. I’ve been treating it like the camera shot on Twilight zone and can hit it about 2/5 times. Maybe I’ll mess with it, I just assumed it was supposed to be difficult.

#640 3 years ago

LE #111 is home safely and had about 6 hours of play on stream for day 1 so far.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#641 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

LE #111 is home safely and had about 6 hours of play on stream for day 1 so far.
[quoted image]

What's your Twitch handle? Still patiently waiting for my LE (it's hard) and I need a fix!

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from wipinball:

What's your Twitch handle? Still patiently waiting for my LE (it's hard) and I need a fix!

Today we were streaming under Pinball_With_Friends so the video is up on that channel. I will occasionally stream under ThePinDoctors too - especially if I’m doing repairs or improvements

#643 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

[quoted image]

Do you think you will like TMNT more than Jurassic Park?

#644 3 years ago

Pretty pumped - just sent in my money for a premium. Should be here in 2 weeks.

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

That gives me hope for my Premium coming before my daughter’s birthday.

#646 3 years ago

Joined the club #380 in the store @comics2games here in Florence, KY. What a beautiful game. Fast too.

20200707_105347 (resized).jpg20200707_105347 (resized).jpg20200707_105356 (resized).jpg20200707_105356 (resized).jpg
#647 3 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Joined the club #380 in the store @comics2games here in Florence, KY. What a beautiful game. Fast too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Manhole cover. Nice touch...

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

[quoted image][quoted image]

do you have a link for the sewer on the floor?
That looks great with this game!

#649 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Do you know something we don't? lol. I'm waiting on my premium hoping that they start making those and they get shipped by the end of the month or early August.

#650 3 years ago

I found this one on Amazon- AU Funny Door Mats Sewer Cover Welcome Doormat NYC Sewer 2 Feet Round https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O3HTUFC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_skubFbPA9TWH0

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/13?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.