(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 241.
#6901 2 years ago

How do I take the balls out of the van when it's time to replace the pinballs?

#6902 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

How do I take the balls out of the van when it's time to replace the pinballs?

in settings you can do that

#6903 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

in settings you can do that

Also on the premium you can just pull the door open with your finger and they will fall out

#6904 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, we have been too. They are still not easy to get and people are still selling them more than store price. The tmnt topper I was surprised how many are still in stock considering all others stern toppers seem sold out. Did they do another run of the tmnt topper?

Yes. Stern just last week made a new batch available.

#6905 2 years ago

Pro ordered and shipping Monday!
Super excited to get my first pin and probably get my butt kicked by this machine for a while.

Definitely going to add a bumper to the left outlane. It's been a real PITA when playing on public machines.

#6906 2 years ago

Nothing like spending time in the arcade with your mini me on a Father’s Day weekend. Cowabunga to all the dads out there!

D61646F7-5B36-4F72-9A78-3B61AA6FE042 (resized).jpegD61646F7-5B36-4F72-9A78-3B61AA6FE042 (resized).jpeg
#6907 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

No hay nada como pasar tiempo en la sala de juegos con tu mini yo en un fin de semana del Día del Padre. ¡Cowabunga a todos los papás!
[quoted image]

Beautifull translite for Walking!! greats!

#6908 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Someone asked about if the TMNT logo is removable from the topper. It is.
It’s two hex nuts but the bolds they thread to are welded to the frame. They are not very noticeable but some folks might want to hide them with something.
Here is what it looks like without the logo.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Removed it on mine too and looks

#6909 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Someone asked about if the TMNT logo is removable from the topper. It is.
It’s two hex nuts but the bolds they thread to are welded to the frame. They are not very noticeable but some folks might want to hide them with something.
Here is what it looks like without the logo.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Removed it on mine too and looks great

#6910 2 years ago

Hey folks,

My TMNT has right around 400 plays. I was wondering when you all suggest a first wax is done. I wax my older Williams games every 6 weeks or so, but this is my first stern and not even sure if you guys wax these playfields or not.

Cheers

#6911 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey folks,
My TMNT has right around 400 plays. I was wondering when you all suggest a first wax is done. I wax my older Williams games every 6 weeks or so, but this is my first stern and not even sure if you guys wax these playfields or not.
Cheers

Depends what type of wax you use.

#6912 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Depends what type of wax you use.

Meguiar's Carnauba Gold

#6913 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Meguiar's Carnauba Gold

Time for a wax, I would just wax it when your do your other games from now on, can’t hurt.

#6914 2 years ago

Well I waxed it, but now I have to lower the pitch from 6.5 to no more than 6 LOL! It plays stupid fast!!

#6915 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

As of now Raphael is definitely the most powerful turtle to score with

He's always been like that and I don't think it will change. Although you still need to advance through training to make use of the perks.

Rob

#6916 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

More Official toppers are showing up back in stock in places.
https://nitropinball.com/products/tmnt-topper

I'm generally not a topper guy, but this one looks cool.

Rob

#6917 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I think so if you search for it, but really its super simple. Unscrew the four small silver screws that hold the whole bracket to the playfield from underneath and then the assembly will come loose. You can leave all the wire connections in place. Just add a couple drops on the grey shaft and reattach. [quoted image]

Thank you for posting this! I need to get in there and apply a few drops of oil. However, I am fairly new to this! I know how to take the glass top out, but I'm not sure how to get in from underneath to get to those four screws. That pizza is right in the very middle, so I can't reach by trying to go through the front. Can anyone help?

#6918 2 years ago
Quoted from rdleifriaf:

Thank you for posting this! I need to get in there and apply a few drops of oil. However, I am fairly new to this! I know how to take the glass top out, but I'm not sure how to get in from underneath to get to those four screws. That pizza is right in the very middle, so I can't reach by trying to go through the front. Can anyone help?

Lift the entire playfield up from under the gap in the apron (where the balls drain), then pull the playfield out towards you as far as it'll go. Remove all the balls from the trough before you go further or you'll be in for a rude awakening. Pull further and you'll hit a notch, then it'll extend further a bit. Then, tilt the playfield up towards the backbox and rest it on there. Get used to doing this as you'll be in here often (if not on TMNT, then on future machines).

#6919 2 years ago

Thank you!!!

#6920 2 years ago

PLEASE TURN THE GAME OFF BEFORE RAISING THE PLAYFIELD!!!

#6921 2 years ago

Here's the for dummies guide that I wish I had the first time I needed to lift my playfield.

To eject the balls manually:
1. Before you lift the playfield, if you have a premium, you can open the van door manually from the front and the three balls inside the van will fall out and roll down into the trough. Either catch them as they come out or you can get them out (via step 5 below) after they roll into the trough.
2. lift the playfield up as in the video above just enough to grab the two metal rails attached to the underside of the playfield.
3. gently rest the playfield on its rails where the lock-bar was.
4. On the right side, where the balls eject into the shooter lane, you'll see the mechanism that does the ejecting, with one ball resting on it.
5. Give that ejector mechanism a quick flick/push from underneath to manually launch each ball - one-by-one into the shooter lane.
6. Since the playfield is now tilted back, you'll want to catch the balls before they make their way onto the playfield and roll to the back of the game
7. Once you have all 8 balls (6 if you have a Pro), then you can safely lift the playfield all the way up to the vertical position and rest it gently against the head box.
8. If by chance any of the balls did roll into the back of the playfield, gently lower the playfield back into place, catch the balls as they roll forward and you can now safely lift the playfield.

#6922 2 years ago

Big shoutout to Troy at Tilt Amusements for hooking our family up with a TMNT premium. This is replacing an Avengers IQ premium that we enjoyed over the last few months. Wife and I grew up on TMNT so this is allowing us to relive the best parts of our childhoods! Really enjoying the throwback music and callouts. Stern definitely turned the nostalgia dial up to eleven on this one. Really looking forward to learning the rule set and strategy. Excited to join the club today.

2F32C052-1AE8-4C15-8793-D47FAC60ECE2 (resized).jpeg2F32C052-1AE8-4C15-8793-D47FAC60ECE2 (resized).jpeg
#6923 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Big shoutout to Troy at Tilt Amusements for hooking our family up with a TMNT premium. This is replacing an Avengers IQ premium that we enjoyed over the last few months. Wife and I grew up on TMNT so this is allowing us to relive the best parts of our childhoods! Really enjoying the throwback music and callouts. Stern definitely turned the nostalgia dial up to eleven on this one. Really looking forward to learning the rule set and strategy. Excited to join the club today.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! This is one of the most underrated machines ever made. A top 3 game if there ever was one, imo.

1. Very fast unique asymmetrical layout. Controls nicely once shots are learned.
2. Music call outs, unique sounds and animations are top notch.
3. Lighting is stellar
4. Ball interactive mechs galore
5. Software depth and objectives in spades.
6. Who doesn’t like a Ninja theme.
7. Artwork is ZY’s best ever package. Colors pop and pleasing to look at.

#6924 2 years ago

Shameless bump, please view the Premium, that I have in marketplace.

#6925 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Probably has 80 or 90 plays now.

#6926 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Looks good, hope it sells. Bummer you’re not liking it. Tmnt is probably my fav of our lineup.

#6927 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Looks good, hope it sells. Bummer you’re not liking it. Tmnt is probably my fav of our lineup.

Had a Pro and sold it, got this, bought another Pro. It is all about my skill level and the way I play. I work a lot and use pinball to unwind for 15 to 20 minutes about 3 times a week.

#6928 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Welcome to the club! This is one of the most underrated machines ever made. A top 3 game if there ever was one, imo.
1. Very fast unique asymmetrical layout. Controls nicely once shots are learned.
2. Music call outs, unique sounds and animations are top notch.
3. Lighting is stellar
4. Ball interactive mechs galore
5. Software depth and objectives in spades.
6. Who doesn’t like a Ninja theme.
7. Artwork is ZY’s best ever package. Colors pop and pleasing to look at.

Yes love it so far. After 1 day in my home I can tell that this game will force me to be a better pinball player. My other 2 home games were Jurassic Park and AIQ. Both were really fun, but Turtles is a lot faster and it seems to require quicker reflexes to keep the ball in play. I can tell it wants to flow once I figure out these shots. Really looking forward to beating my first episode and completing my first training session. Starting small and working my way up the skill ladder for now. Great game.

#6929 2 years ago

What pitch do you guys find works well? I use a digital inclinometer and have it set for 6.5 all across the playing field, even though the bubble level from factory is supposedly at max. I love a fast game, don't get me wrong, but damn this game is a bit too fast at times. Just curious what pitch you guys are using. Maybe I've been torturing myself at 6.5...

Tmnt pitch (resized).jpgTmnt pitch (resized).jpg
#6930 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

What pitch do you guys find works well?

Ive had mine st 6.5, 6.8, and 7 and ultimately I prefer 6.5. Game is still plenty fast and drainy but I find balls near the outlanes are just a touch more saveable, especially the dreaded Borg double-inlane skip to the outlane on the left side.

#6931 2 years ago

Come on stern, where is a code update for this game? A bit tired of the turtle power multi ball crash. Why are they waiting so long to fix an obvious glitch? I know it doesn’t happen all that often, but boy is it disappointing when it does… and pretty please… could you make April not look like dog shit in animations?

#6932 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

What pitch do you guys find works well? I use a digital inclinometer and have it set for 6.5 all across the playing field, even though the bubble level from factory is supposedly at max. I love a fast game, don't get me wrong, but damn this game is a bit too fast at times. Just curious what pitch you guys are using. Maybe I've been torturing myself at 6.5...
[quoted image]

Bubble level was installed backwards on the one I received... But even when flipped it, it does not indicate properly..

#6933 2 years ago

About to trade my Mando pro for tmnt anything I should look for it has low plays one owner

#6934 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

About to trade my Mando pro for tmnt anything I should look for it has low plays one owner

There are a couple of common out of the box issues with early TMNTs: One was poor print quality on the playfield (like a inkjet printer running in draft mode). The other is the glider servo craps out on some machines. Fix for the servo has been to either replace the servo yourself with a better one or get a new glider assembly from Stern (with the same crappy servo). I can't think of anything else.

I would say the print quality issue is going to make reselling the thing harder, so best to avoid it I think.

You won't be disappointed. It's a ton of fun and very challenging/punishing. After many months, I'm finally able to reliably progress to the mini-wizard mode at the halfway point in the game.

#6935 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

Come on stern, where is a code update for this game? A bit tired of the turtle power multi ball crash. Why are they waiting so long to fix an obvious glitch? I know it doesn’t happen all that often, but boy is it disappointing when it does… and pretty please… could you make April not look like dog shit in animations?

I just sold my Pro because of the coding for this game. Dwight has a lot of work to do on scoring and bug fixes.

Also 1-2-3 foot is the worst and most frequently activated mode in the game. It was most frustrating when trying to level up my turtles, 1-2-3 foot just takes over and completely disables training activation.

If the scoring and these other issues get fixed, I’ll be back with a premium most likely. It’s the best multi-ball game I’ve played so far.

#6936 2 years ago

Joined the club today.

Can someone share a photo of the outline, so I can see where your posts are set. Want to make sure mine is at default.

Cheers!

#6937 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Joined the club today.
Can someone share a photo of the outline, so I can see where your posts are set. Want to make sure mine is at default.
Cheers!

These? And welcome to the club!

20210703_072903 (resized).jpg20210703_072903 (resized).jpg20210703_072920 (resized).jpg20210703_072920 (resized).jpg
#6938 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

These? And welcome to the club! [quoted image][quoted image]

Yup!

So there is nothing you can adjust on the left, and the right is in the bottom (closed) position?

Thanks!

#6939 2 years ago

Anyone looking for a great deal on a basically brand new premium (only 5 plays as of today) give me a shout. Game is mint and was just opened up this past week. I posted it in the market place as well.

#6940 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Anyone looking for a great deal on a basically brand new premium (only 5 plays as of today) give me a shout. Game is mint and was just opened up this past week. I posted it in the market place as well.

Wow, you’re out on only five plays on a top 3 game??? One of the best layouts and code ever designed. Don’t be so hasty, lol. TMNT is a real winner! (Clubs are not the place to post games for sale, as we all already have one and love it.)

#6941 2 years ago

Can someone confirms, by default, the post on the right outlane is set to the bottom (closest to player).

#6942 2 years ago

Can someone confirms, by default, the post on the right outlane is set to the bottom (closest to player).

That is what mine is... is yours something different?

#6943 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Wow, you’re out on only five plays on a top 3 game??? One of the best layouts and code ever designed. Don’t be so hasty, lol. TMNT is a real winner! (Clubs are not the place to post games for sale, as we all already have one and love it.)

Mine was not. I think on a lot of pros it was set to the upper spot. Making it easier to drain I assume for locations.

I changed it to the lower spot.

#6944 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

That is what mine is... is yours something different?

Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Mine was not. I think on a lot of pros it was set to the upper spot. Making it easier to drain I assume for locations.
I changed it to the lower spot.

Mine is in the lowest position, so I assume it came like that (I'm the second owner).

#6946 2 years ago

I guess there is not an attract mode on here I don't see the setting like on my star wars to to turn it on with sound

#6947 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

I don’t have this problem on the new code. Never encountered a crash. Have you tried reloading the firmware?

#6948 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I guess there is not an attract mode on here I don't see the setting like on my star wars to to turn it on with sound

I can’t remember. Try restoring factory defaults and go from there.

#6949 2 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I don’t have this problem on the new code. Never encountered a crash. Have you tried reloading the firmware?

I have been on the latest code for months and it’s an outstanding bug. Sometimes when turtle power multiball activates the game just bricks.

It’s rare. But somehow usually when I am having an awesome run.

#6950 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

It’s rare. But somehow usually when I am having an awesome run.

Happened a couple of times to me. Sucks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/139?hl=jacksparrow0112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.