(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 242.
#6851 2 years ago

It has nothing to do with magnetism if you put a ninth ball in it will play normally during the glitch the problem is it keeps wanting to register six balls in the through like they belong there like the pro

#6852 2 years ago

All my switches are fine balls are not magnetized literally all started happening after code 1.41 update not a problem before haven’t even played 10 games since the update

#6853 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

It has nothing to do with magnetism if you put a ninth ball in it will play normally during the glitch the problem is it keeps wanting to register six balls in the through like they belong there like the pro

I'm not familiar enough with the prem/LE to know where it wants balls to be, but I would double check that you aren't accidentally running pro code.

#6854 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

All my switches are fine balls are not magnetized literally all started happening after code 1.41 update not a problem before haven’t even played 10 games since the update

All the more reason for me to suspect that you accidentally put the pro code in...

#6855 2 years ago

No pro code 1.41 LE

#6856 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:No pro code 1.41 LE

Have you tried reloading the code, or trying a new SD card?

#6857 2 years ago

At this point new SD card is my next move

#6858 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Probably going to list a Premium with some mods. Playfield protector and cliffy shooter lane protectors, before ball 1 touched the field, Mutegen Canister Flasher Mod as well as PinMonks Turtle Select Upgrade and insert upgrades. I also changed the Red T-Molding to Green but still have original red that I will include. Currently 45 games played, will go up by 10 or so. 7500. Late February build, no playfield issues whatsoever. Can prep for STI/BELTMAN.

Last covert post before listing on the big 3(here, Craigslist, Ebay) 7200 for a nice molded Premium. Has 60 plays now.

#6859 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

All my swit. Mm m mmches are fine balls are not magnetized literally all started happening after code 1.41 update not a problem before haven’t even played 10 games since the update

#6860 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

First two are bugs. Third is an issue with your machine. You have a switch stuck or not registering correctly somewhere either in the trough or van. Make sure they are clean, tight, connected, good solder, adjusted right, etc. Or as stated above, magnetized balls could be sticking together and not sitting exactly where they belong to register correctly.

Pinman502 : Check with your Distro! Mine replaced a part of the trough recently (at their initiative!), because apparently in some models the holes for the optos are misaligned!

#6861 2 years ago

Purchased the shooter rod and installed it yesterday but cannot get enough power to get up the lane. I did notice someone said to replace the spring but still not working well for me. It looks like its aligned on the ball so im not sure that’s a problem. Anybody have a fix?

#6862 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Anybody have a fix?

take the tip off and put a post rubber inside. that should give it enough additional length to plunge properly.

#6863 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Purchased the shooter rod and installed it yesterday but cannot get enough power to get up the lane. I did notice someone said to replace the spring but still not working well for me. It looks like its aligned on the ball so im not sure that’s a problem. Anybody have a fix?

I had the same problem. I figured out I have to pull it all the way back by pinching it with only two fingers at the end of the sword, and then very quickly releasing by separating my fingers. Any drag at all and it won't make it around.

#6864 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

I fixed it by putting a Stern red spring on it I acquired from my Distributor. The spring it comes with is too weak.

#6865 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

There wasn't a response to this. Just surfacing it once more in case it can generate some thoughts. Apologies if re-raising is against the community norms, but I am definitely curious.

no issues reposting...sorry I missed this! I play the pops purposely on any ball unless I am going for a triple mondo or max Krang combo. You can get all kinds of great rewards beyond extra ball as well. I always remind my kids not to always hold left flipper when plunging for this reason which is unique to this game.

#6866 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

no issues reposting...sorry I missed this! I play the pops purposely on any ball unless I am going for a triple mondo or max Krang combo. You can get all kinds of great rewards beyond extra ball as well. I always remind my kids not to always hold left flipper when plunging for this reason which is unique to this game.

Sometimes I drain so fast that the ball save lets me complete and get a multiplier by completing the lights at the two paths up there by the pops. (sorry for terrible terminology)

But I don't think I've really purposely played for the pop bumpers.

I also tend to only hold the left flipper down when trying to do the Donatello skillshot.

#6867 2 years ago

More Official toppers are showing up back in stock in places.
https://nitropinball.com/products/tmnt-topper

#6868 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

More Official toppers are showing up back in stock in places.
https://nitropinball.com/products/tmnt-topper

Nitro rocks.

#6869 2 years ago

Still struggling with mine. Swapped the spring but still launching up to the out lane and then coming back.

Quoted from dashv:

Update.
I pulled both the stock shooter and the katana shooter out of their housings.
Both rods actionable length is the exact same.
So I measured the washers. Same thickness.
I measured the short external springs (the ones outside the machine).
The katana blades external spring is .25” longer at rest. This explains the rod protruding from the base into the cabinet .25” less than the stock shooter.
I swapped this spring.
All launches are good now with my new katana shooter and old spring.
I also then tried the original shooter housing and hardware with the katana rod and it shoots fine.
Check if the outer spring that comes with yours is too long.
Not the best picture but you can kind see it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#6870 2 years ago

Just a fun FYI, my topper arrived with a scratch through Mikey's face and the eye didn't look around. They are sending me a replacement plastic and when I took it back of the machine and disassembled the topper, I found that the connector to the eye was plugged in backwards. Neat topper now that it's working though lol.

#6871 2 years ago

I still can't pull the trigger on a $ 1,000 topper. It's a pretty cool one but dang that it just too much for me.
I just put a neon pizza sign on top of it.

#6872 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I still can't pull the trigger on a $ 1,000 topper. It's a pretty cool one but dang that it just too much for me.

If toppers were all around 500-600 I would get one for every game. As it stands I haven’t bought a single one, and looks like I may never.

A 1k accessory is just way overpriced and does very little to enhance my enjoyment of playing the game.

#6873 2 years ago

Finally made it to COWABUNGA! Today on a one player game. Man this pin is just a blast to play once you get in the groove. The Cawabunga! Wizard mode was pretty cool to play and it was worth a lot of points. I earned 3 extra balls throughout this game so I had plenty of chances to get everything done. This was on factory settings and around 7.0 degrees on a pro.

98D17DF1-A4EA-4BD3-97C1-643C45D704D8.jpeg98D17DF1-A4EA-4BD3-97C1-643C45D704D8.jpegA9FF8E16-103C-485F-87F0-3EC42EFBB8A2.jpegA9FF8E16-103C-485F-87F0-3EC42EFBB8A2.jpegC8DAE1AB-2B6A-45FA-87AE-1CDDFFA108BA.jpegC8DAE1AB-2B6A-45FA-87AE-1CDDFFA108BA.jpeg
#6874 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Finally made it to COWABUNGA! Today on a one player game. Man this pin is just a blast to play once you get in the groove. The Cawabunga! Wizard mode was pretty cool to play and it was worth a lot of points. I earned 3 extra balls throughout this game so I had plenty of chances to get everything done. This was on factory settings and around 7.0 degrees on a pro.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy moly! Nice work. Very impressive!

#6875 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Just a fun FYI, my topper arrived with a scratch through Mikey's face and the eye didn't look around. They are sending me a replacement plastic and when I took it back of the machine and disassembled the topper, I found that the connector to the eye was plugged in backwards. Neat topper now that it's working though lol.

Cannot wait for mine to arrive. Tho I wish the eye blinked.

#6876 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn!
Awesome dude!

#6877 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Still struggling with mine. Swapped the spring but still launching up to the out lane and then coming back.

Ensure you’re using a Stern rubber tip on the rod not silicone (I was using a titan tip and it wouldn’t make it around). Also it is key to change to a Stern Red Spring. Make sure the striker is hitting the ball on center.

#6878 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Ensure you’re using a Stern rubber tip on the rod not silicone (I was using a titan tip and it wouldn’t make it around). Also it is key to change to a Stern Red Spring. Make sure the striker is hitting the ball on center.

Where does one get a stern red spring?

#6879 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Where does one get a stern red spring?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/266-5001-07

Didn’t realize yellow appears even stronger at .047. Red is .042 tension rate and works great! $1.49 and all good to go Turtles.

#6880 2 years ago

Dwight was in the DF Mando stream yesterday. I mentioned about the low scoring versus most other pins scoring. He said the scoring was an experiement that he wasn't happy with and has considered balancing the scoring, just that it takes time. Fingers are crossed it happens one day, it would be good to have it better balanced.

#6881 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Dwight was in the DF Mando stream yesterday. I mentioned about the low scoring versus most other pins scoring. He said the scoring was an experiement that he wasn't happy with and has considered balancing the scoring, just that it takes time. Fingers are crossed it happens one day, it would be good to have it better balanced.

Scoring on TMNT reminds me of scoring on Ghostbusters - but subtract a digit lol. My highest scores on both games have come from playfield multipliers during a long multiball, whereas I can progress through a ton of modes and not touch the GC. I've accepted them for what they are because they are a blast regardless, but I wouldn't turn down some TMNT scoring changes.

#6882 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Scoring on TMNT reminds me of scoring on Ghostbusters - but subtract a digit lol. My highest scores on both games have come from playfield multipliers during a long multiball, whereas I can progress through a ton of modes and not touch the GC. I've accepted them for what they are because they are a blast regardless, but I wouldn't turn down some TMNT scoring changes.

I have had the same experience. Most of my high scores are a result of blind luck in multi-ball modes vs progressing through episodes. I get frustrated trying to progress modes and making it slightly further each time but then a game just aiming for multi-balls will beat me in much much less time without progressing modes at all. I would definitely approve a new approach to scoring.

#6883 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

I removed the optos from below (just two screws once I found them), put them back back in, and the problem appears to be resolved. The screws had been in really tight, so I'm not sure what difference I made or what would have been wrong. Hopefully it does not surface again.
Thanks to those that offered ideas! I still have so much to learn.

Vermont do you have a picture/diagram of how I can access these opto's from under the playfield?

#6884 2 years ago

Just ordered a nib premium model ( won’t get it till next year) So excited

#6885 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Just ordered a nib premium model ( won’t get it till next year) So excited

Awesome! Congrats. You wont be disappointed. It is a blast to play! Loving mine more and more!

#6886 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Awesome! Congrats. You wont be disappointed. It is a blast to play! Loving mine more and more!

Thanks man. Can’t wait!

#6887 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Fingers crossed for one final update similar to what was done for MET/IMDN/GB etc. I'm happy with where the game is right now, but the scoring could definitely use some adjustments and the rare Multiball causing the game to freeze bugs need to go.

I've had my Pro for over a year now and am still in the honeymoon stage, I really love this game. Most of my friends, pinheads or not, can't stand it or think its unfair, but the theme integration, tough layout and insane requirements to beat it keep me coming back. I think this game is a keeper for me.

#6888 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Fingers crossed for one final update similar to what was done for MET/IMDN/GB etc. I'm happy with where the game is right now, but the scoring could definitely use some adjustments and the rare Multiball causing the game to freeze bugs need to go.

I've had my Pro for over a year now and am still in the honeymoon stage, I really love this game. Most of my friends, pinheads or not, can't stand it or think its unfair, but the theme integration, tough layout and insane requirements to beat it keep me coming back. I think this game is a keeper for me.

Yeah score balancing would be great. episodes should be worth more, completing Training modes should be worth some points upfront too and getting to Team Up should pay out for each completed episode (like final battle).

I think it would also be nice if there were more opportunities to light Battle Again, even if off by default, that would be great to make the game a little safer for less skilled players. Like if every APRIL completion lit Battle again, or if Battle Again could be BOTH outlanes, Im happy theres already the option to control which one is lit using the flipper buttons though.

#6889 2 years ago

After owning this pin for a year now and putting in lots of games I would like to see a few tweaks to the code to make this pin even better, and I also have a few code dreams. One big change could be that the turtle perks and/or scoring opportunities should be balanced in the next polish update. As of now Raphael is definitely the most powerful turtle to score with(+1x playfield multiplier and 3x mode multiplier) and its really not that close compared to the other 3 turtles. I think maybe all the turtles should get a playfield multiplier at training level 3 if completed, and a mode multiplier at training level 4 if completed to balance out the turtle perks. All the other turtle perks seem to be close and fairly balanced. It seems like if all the turtles would have these perks then one could choose any of the 4 and feel like you have a chance to get a GC score. I think the modes are great and love how they add perks to your wizard modes…if you complete them. Pizza parlor multiball is a good way to try and get a chunk of points if you stack your toppings right to max out your scoring opportunities. One thought I had would be to add a ‘weapon shot’ to the action button. Every time I time I collect a successful “weapon hurry up” I think how cool it would be to get a weapon added to your turtle to use during Episode battles. You would use this ‘weapon shot’ during a mode that you can give you a free mode shot. This might make the weapon hurry up feel much more worthy of the risk to go for it and add to the fun factor. This pin has lots of qualities that can make it one of the best and really is only a few code tweaks away from being one of the great ones…IMHO.

#6890 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

After owning this pin for a year now and putting in lots of games I would like to see a few tweaks to the code to make this pin even better, and I also have a few code dreams. One big change could be that the turtle perks and/or scoring opportunities should be balanced in the next polish update. As of now Raphael is definitely the most powerful turtle to score with(+1x playfield multiplier and 3x mode multiplier) and its really not that close compared to the other 3 turtles. I think maybe all the turtles should get a playfield multiplier at training level 3 if completed, and a mode multiplier at training level 4 if completed to balance out the turtle perks. All the other turtle perks seem to be close and fairly balanced. It seems like if all the turtles would have these perks then one could choose any of the 4 and feel like you have a chance to get a GC score. I think the modes are great and love how they add perks to your wizard modes…if you complete them. Pizza parlor multiball is a good way to try and get a chunk of points if you stack your toppings right to max out your scoring opportunities. One thought I had would be to add a ‘weapon shot’ to the action button. Every time I time I collect a successful “weapon hurry up” I think how cool it would be to get a weapon added to your turtle to use during Episode battles. You would use this ‘weapon shot’ during a mode that you can give you a free mode shot. This might make the weapon hurry up feel much more worthy of the risk to go for it and add to the fun factor. This pin has lots of qualities that can make it one of the best and really is only a few code tweaks away from being one of the great ones…IMHO.

Oh man I love this weapon shot idea! Paging Xaqery

#6891 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

One thought I had would be to add a ‘weapon shot’ to the action button. Every time I time I collect a successful “weapon hurry up” I think how cool it would be to get a weapon added to your turtle to use during Episode battles.

Great idea, not sure how it would work with the Prem though, maybe hold the action button to use it?

I think finishing an episode at YOUR turtle could light the Weapon Hurry Up OR it could give you one of the Weapon Booms you are suggesting.

#6892 2 years ago

All good suggestions above and please send them to Stern code department for Xaqery to consider for our next polish update.

[email protected]

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

#6893 2 years ago

Someone asked about if the TMNT logo is removable from the topper. It is.

It’s two hex nuts but the bolds they thread to are welded to the frame. They are not very noticeable but some folks might want to hide them with something.

Here is what it looks like without the logo.

0D564333-4B2F-4754-A233-399923974115 (resized).jpeg0D564333-4B2F-4754-A233-399923974115 (resized).jpeg0EE1B429-2BA1-4A53-BD9E-3F7201B49B88 (resized).jpeg0EE1B429-2BA1-4A53-BD9E-3F7201B49B88 (resized).jpegF96498D8-220A-4026-98F9-1D7E14157FF0 (resized).jpegF96498D8-220A-4026-98F9-1D7E14157FF0 (resized).jpeg
#6894 2 years ago

That plastic logo cost you about $200. And you removed it?!?!?!

/s

It does look a lot better without it up there.

#6895 2 years ago

Tmnt is still one of my favorite pins of our collection. I’ll definitely be getting some time on it this Father’s Day!

4E1E357F-C0F3-4538-BCB3-6B6C70CA9C5F (resized).jpeg4E1E357F-C0F3-4538-BCB3-6B6C70CA9C5F (resized).jpeg
#6896 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think finishing an episode at YOUR turtle could light the Weapon Hurry Up OR it could give you one of the Weapon Booms you are suggesting.

I was thinking about this a bit more and was thinking, IF this were implemented, it could make for a great, unique co-op game mechanic where if someone finishes the episode at the turtle shot of another player, that player would get the Weapon "Boom".

#6897 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

That plastic logo cost you about $200. And you removed it?!?!?!
/s

It does look a lot better without it up there.

I’m going to sell the plastic logo for $500 and put it towards a down payment on my next topper.

#6898 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

No doubt. The fact it cost the same amount as TWO Xbox series x is really crazy.

#6899 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No doubt. The fact it cost the same amount as TWO Xbox series x is really crazy.

Crazier is that I was able to score one of these easier than a PS5 or XBSX. I Want both and can’t land either.

#6900 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Crazier is that I was able to score one of these easier than a PS5 or XBSX. I Want both and can’t land either.

Yeah, we have been too. They are still not easy to get and people are still selling them more than store price. The tmnt topper I was surprised how many are still in stock considering all others stern toppers seem sold out. Did they do another run of the tmnt topper?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/138?hl=soulstoner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.