(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 242.
#6701 2 years ago

Installed a Pinwoofer Super Kit last night on TMNT. It's definitely a substantial sound upgrade! Bass and back box speaker clarity are significantly improved. Besides the actual end result I was most impressed by just how well the entire kit is put together and layed out. This is probably the most professional put together mod I've seen since joining this hobby.

On another note I put a piece of Invisiglass from Dialed In on TMNT premium. I noticed a lot of glare from the back box / translite to the point it made seeing the center upper playfield area difficult to see. Invisiglass helped cut down the glare a good amount. The standard glass went into Dialed In for now lol.

#6702 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Installed a Pinwoofer Super Kit last night on TMNT. It's definitely a substantial sound upgrade! Bass and back box speaker clarity are significantly improved. Besides the actual end result I was most impressed by just how well the entire kit is put together and layed out. This is probably the most professional put together mod I've seen since joining this hobby.
On another note I put a piece of Invisiglass from Dialed In on TMNT premium. I noticed a lot of glare from the back box / translite to the point it made seeing the center upper playfield area difficult to see. Invisiglass helped cut down the glare a good amount. The standard glass went into Dialed In for now lol.

You might already know this, but on SPIKE games you can dim the backbox during gameplay as low as you want it. I set mine to 15%. Full bright for attract mode, no glare during play. It's an awesome feature. Not saying it's as good as Invisiglass, but it's free!

#6703 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You might already know this, but on SPIKE games you can dim the backbox during gameplay as low as you want it. I set mine to 15%. Full bright for attract mode, no glare during play. It's an awesome feature. Not saying it's as good as Invisiglass, but it's free!

Lol didn't know that! I'll that a try, thanks.

#6704 2 years ago

Does anyone has a specific strategy for playing episodes and what is the order and why?

#6705 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does anyone has a specific strategy for playing episodes and what is the order and why?

If Im actually focusing on burning through episodes and getting to Team UP MB, I like to start by getting Turtle Power MB ready, starting "I want a body" and then starting Turtle Power. Then getting "Mousers" with Ninja Pizza MB as the 2nd or 3rd episode. If I have a MB close and it lands on the Slash mode, I also like to stack those just because I find Slash to be a tough mode to complete but valuable if you make it to Team UP MB.

Basically, I NEED the mousers mode to advance well in Team Up and the I want a Body perk is equally as valuable. After Team Up, I just play whatever is lit, because I have to play everything to get to Final Battle anyway.

#6706 2 years ago

also, the reason I try and get Turtle Power with the 1st mode, is that I wanna avoid locking myself out of stacking a mode with it which tends to happen if I save it for a later mode.

#6707 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

also, the reason I try and get Turtle Power with the 1st mode, is that I wanna avoid locking myself out of stacking a mode with it which tends to happen if I save it for a later mode.

By turtle power, you mean turtle power mutltiball by hitting the right ramp 4 times to have ready?

So you move the episode selection window by using the two “X” standups at the bottom of the left ramp?

#6708 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

By turtle power, you mean turtle power mutltiball by hitting the right ramp 4 times to have ready?

So you move the episode selection window by using the two “X” standups at the bottom of the left ramp?

Correct and correct. the left X target will move the selected episode on the SCREEN Up, the right X will move it down. The left X is safer because the upper flipper can hit it and you should be able to backhand it using the left flipper. But I find it has to be a pretty quick button tap so the upper flipper gets outta the way.

#6709 2 years ago

Joined the club! She plays fast and mean … just how I like ‘em!

B62C9543-A961-44AE-B5FB-A2A8FDFF4CA4 (resized).jpegB62C9543-A961-44AE-B5FB-A2A8FDFF4CA4 (resized).jpeg
#6710 2 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Joined the club! She plays fast and mean … just how I like ‘em![quoted image]

Congrats to a geat pin, i played over 2000 games now and its never gets old!

#6711 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Correct and correct. the left X target will move the selected episode on the SCREEN Up, the right X will move it down. The left X is safer because the upper flipper can hit it and you should be able to backhand it using the left flipper. But I find it has to be a pretty quick button tap so the upper flipper gets outta the way.

Tried your strategy and it makes it so much more fun, rather than not caring which episode is up.

Is there any other approaches to the order in the episodes and reasons for picking them in what order?

What exactly does getting #3 and #4 episode completed, before team up give you in beating the team up strategy?

#6712 2 years ago

How often do you folks have to oil the pizza spinner? Just curious. I had to oil mine the other night. I got this machine 2 weeks ago. Previous owner said he oiled the spinner (but I don't know when). The spinner was good for me for 2 weeks. After oiling it, I am good. Just wondering how often I'll end up doing this.

Thanks.

#6713 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

How often do you folks have to oil the pizza spinner? Just curious. I had to oil mine the other night. I got this machine 2 weeks ago. Previous owner said he oil the spinner (but I don't know when). The spinner was good for me for 2 weeks. After oiling it, I am good. Just wondering how often I'll end up doing this.
Thanks.

I've never needed to.

#6714 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

How often do you folks have to oil the pizza spinner? Just curious. I had to oil mine the other night. I got this machine 2 weeks ago. Previous owner said he oil the spinner (but I don't know when). The spinner was good for me for 2 weeks. After oiling it, I am good. Just wondering how often I'll end up doing this.
Thanks.

I've done it twice now after a couple of months. Sometimes it depends on how loud i have the game so it seems louder.

#6715 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

How often do you folks have to oil the pizza spinner? Just curious. I had to oil mine the other night. I got this machine 2 weeks ago. Previous owner said he oiled the spinner (but I don't know when). The spinner was good for me for 2 weeks. After oiling it, I am good. Just wondering how often I'll end up doing this.
Thanks.

Only oiled when I first got it. About 2k games now after a year, pretty quiet still.

#6716 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Tried your strategy and it makes it so much more fun, rather than not caring which episode is up.

Is there any other approaches to the order in the episodes and reasons for picking them in what order?

What exactly does getting #3 and #4 episode completed, before team up give you in beating the team up strategy?

You can see what each completed episode perk does here:
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599#heading--episodes

I tend to play that episode strategy as Raph or Mikey or try and level up to level 3 and start the Neutrino Pizza Party mode as Leo.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599/1#heading--neutrinopizzaparty

#6717 2 years ago
Quoted from bazou:

Hi folks
Just noticed this plot in the right out lane has no rubber.
Seems surprising to me and can't manage to find any stock picture from stern showing this exact location from a good angle.
Could someone confirm please
Thanks!
[quoted image]

That post is just there to keep the ball from getting stuck. It's not supposed to have a rubber.

#6718 2 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Just doing my research on pro vs premium because I’m saving to hopefully get one before years end, an just wondering what the lair lock is? Have only played a couple of games on a pro before it broke down on location, an doubt I will ever play a premium unless I owned one. Huge fan of the theme an definitely will be the next pin in our house.

There's a pizza topping exclusive to the prem/LE. If you have it during pizza MB you can lock a ball in the lair and safely play the rest of the balls.

#6719 2 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

There's a pizza topping exclusive to the prem/LE. If you have it during pizza MB you can lock a ball in the lair and safely play the rest of the balls.

Which topping is that?

#6720 2 years ago

Mushroom ... Mushroom!

Mushroom (resized).pngMushroom (resized).png
#6721 2 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Mushroom ... Mushroom!
[quoted image]

So 2002

#6722 2 years ago

Really happy with the way this turned out. It was a mix of two different set of toys. Also did a bit of touchup and paint on the models and a 3-D printed belt buckles.

96C0F36F-1DEB-4128-A35E-76C72902F6C0 (resized).jpeg96C0F36F-1DEB-4128-A35E-76C72902F6C0 (resized).jpegC2BD5EC7-5D8E-49DE-B112-C7ABFA3E5E72 (resized).jpegC2BD5EC7-5D8E-49DE-B112-C7ABFA3E5E72 (resized).jpeg
#6723 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Th asks for the tip Jediturtle did this and it's an a amazing difference. I dropped to 30%.

#6724 2 years ago

Has anyone had the issue of balls locking in the lair during ninja pizza multiball, then not releasing? The game tries to find the balls and opens everything except the lair stopper. It does this several times, then says cannot find balls, ends the turn, and releases the lair balls. It's happened to us a few times, but only seems to happen when there is more than one ball in the lair.

Thanks!

#6725 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Has anyone had the issue of balls locking in the lair during ninja pizza multiball, then not releasing? The game tries to find the balls and opens everything except the lair stopper. It does this several times, then says cannot find balls, ends the turn, and releases the lair balls. It's happened to us a few times, but only seems to happen when there is more than one ball in the lair.
Thanks!

I’ve had this problem with magnetized balls sticking up there. You can take them out and put a paperclip or something near them to check. If it is the stern balls that came with the game it was about 200 games to magnetize for me.

#6726 2 years ago

Hello guys! Got this error message on my TMNT. Saying to check the right slingshot. I've check the switch but nothing is responding. I've also went into the coils option and check the actual right coil/kicker and that works just fine but no response from the leaf switches itself. Can someone help me out on this matter? Thanks!

IMAG2755 (resized).jpgIMAG2755 (resized).jpgIMAG2756 (resized).jpgIMAG2756 (resized).jpg
#6727 2 years ago
Quoted from raplaka75:

Hello guys! Got this error message on my TMNT. Saying to check the right slingshot. I've check the switch but nothing is responding. I've also went into the coils option and check the actual right coil/kicker and that works just fine but no response from the leaf switches itself. Can someone help me out on this matter? Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is your switch gapped properly? Broken wire? It’s not a kicker issue.

#6728 2 years ago
Quoted from raplaka75:

[quoted image][quoted image]

My guess is that one of the 2 slingshot switches is stuck closed. Go into switch test (pull the interlock switch out so that you can test properly) and pull the sling rubber (from the side that is facing the middle) away from the switches. If you see the switch then open, that is the problem. You'll have to adjust the switch gap.

#6729 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is your switch gapped properly? Broken wire? It’s not a kicker issue.

Quoted from dinot:

My guess is that one of the 2 slingshot switches is stuck closed. Go into switch test (pull the interlock switch out so that you can test properly) and pull the sling rubber (from the side that is facing the middle) away from the switches. If you see the switch then open, that is the problem. You'll have to adjust the switch gap.

Thank you! That's exactly what it was, a broken wire. Didn't expect that since this game is kinda new..LOL.Thanks for your help guys!

#6730 2 years ago

What is the best rules walk through and what not on YouTube for the pro version of this machine with the current rules? Thank you all in advance.

#6731 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I’ve had this problem with magnetized balls sticking up there. You can take them out and put a paperclip or something near them to check. If it is the stern balls that came with the game it was about 200 games to magnetize for me.

I'll check it out, worth a try. Not sure why balls would be held up there with the stopper during multiball anyways.

#6732 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What is the best rules walk through and what not on YouTube for the pro version of this machine with the current rules? Thank you all in advance.

There aren’t many YouTube videos for tmnt unfortunately. There are some videos on twitch by jack danger and that’s about it I think. Best way to score BIG is to have octopus pizza topping during pizza multiball as it’s a never ending switch hit that just blows your multiball up! It’s one of the things that annoys me a little about the game but it’s a HUGE advantage if you can bring it into your pizza multiball.

Otherwise it’s start modes by hitting the ramps once each and then a ball into the pizza shop. Completing modes gets you power ups for you team up multiball that can be VERY lucrative too. Try to stack a multiball with a mode so you can complete them easier

#6733 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

There aren’t many YouTube videos for tmnt unfortunately. There are some videos on twitch by jack danger and that’s about it I think. Best way to score BIG is to have octopus pizza topping during pizza multiball as it’s a never ending switch hit that just blows your multiball up! It’s one of the things that annoys me a little about the game but it’s a HUGE advantage if you can bring it into your pizza multiball.
Otherwise it’s start modes by hitting the ramps once each and then a ball into the pizza shop. Completing modes gets you power ups for you team up multiball that can be VERY lucrative too. Try to stack a multiball with a mode so you can complete them easier

Which switch hit?

#6734 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Which switch hit?

any switch counts for an increasing number of points. If you can keep ripping the spinner with 2X playfield going, you can rack up some serious points. Also, on the Pro, keep using the ball saver as long as it's active to plunge into the pop bumpers.

Valuable strategy, overpowered though.

#6735 2 years ago

Don't cut em' no slack!

Factory 3-ball except 2 sec. Lair drop save.

20210531_211422 (resized).jpg20210531_211422 (resized).jpg
#6736 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Thanks!

And on a possibly related note. Anyone know if the ball search should trigger the stopper in the lair to lower? Seems strange that mine doesn't, but functions fine outside of the multiball.

#6737 2 years ago

Anyone got a high res image of the tmnt banner?

#6738 2 years ago

Anyone got a high res image of the tmnt banner?

How much high-res are you speaking of?

https://www.cleanpng.com/png-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-logo-mutants-in-ficti-6131133/

would this be an option

#6739 2 years ago

Thanks for that but was more thinking the Stern tmnt banner.

#6740 2 years ago

Thanks for that but was more thinking the Stern tmnt banner.

This?

9235B3E9-6282-45F1-B89E-554AE137A4AC.jpeg9235B3E9-6282-45F1-B89E-554AE137A4AC.jpeg
#6741 2 years ago

This is very helpful. It’s a shame we can’t get a Bowden tutorial or something along those lines going. Maybe once events restart someone will do a tutorial.

#6742 2 years ago

I spent my Memorial Day weekend replacing my grainy playfield with a beautiful new one. I’ve done a lot of projects over the year, but this was my first completely unpopulated swap.

It took about 28 hours total. There were definitely a few lessons learned (do not reuse t-nuts. Ugh), and I’m sure I could have done a few things quicker and easier.

Only had a couple issues after finishing. A solder joint had broken on the three opto board for the van lock. Not sure how that happened but it took awhile to track that down and fix it. And the backboard ended up shifted to the right just enough to make the right ramp stop post (which comes through the backboard) get hung up on the ramp opening. Rather than try to shift all the holes on the backboard, I elongated the holes on the stop post mechanism so I could shift that over a hair. Only took 1/16” or so.

Other than that it looks great and plays awesome. I need to tweak the right ramp return a bit for a smoother feed, and my turned van needs to be mounted better, but that’s it. It was a heck of a project but I’m very happy with it.

Here are a couple comparison pics. Huge difference in print quality.
1BDFB049-893D-4F0E-B0EE-2A7FB44736E5 (resized).jpeg1BDFB049-893D-4F0E-B0EE-2A7FB44736E5 (resized).jpeg3CD44EBB-ED34-488C-BDF2-1C5F36E45060 (resized).jpeg3CD44EBB-ED34-488C-BDF2-1C5F36E45060 (resized).jpeg53744693-34CE-4E0E-B328-089453411C53 (resized).jpeg53744693-34CE-4E0E-B328-089453411C53 (resized).jpeg

#6743 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I spent my Memorial Day weekend replacing my grainy playfield with a beautiful new one. I’ve done a lot of projects over the year, but this was my first completely unpopulated swap.

Nice job! They do get easier the more you do them. That being said, I still don't exactly look forward to doing them, LOL.

#6744 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It took about 28 hours total. There were definitely a few lessons learned (do not reuse t-nuts. Ugh), and I’m sure I could have done a few things quicker and easier.
Only had a couple issues after finishing. A solder joint had broken on the three opto board for the van lock. Not sure how that happened but it took awhile to track that down and fix it. And the backboard ended up shifted to the right just enough to make the right ramp stop post (which comes through the backboard) get hung up on the ramp opening. Rather than try to shift all the holes on the backboard, I elongated the holes on the stop post mechanism so I could shift that over a hair. Only took 1/16” or so.
Other than that it looks great and plays awesome. I need to tweak the right ramp return a bit for a smoother feed, and my turned van needs to be mounted better, but that’s it. It was a heck of a project but I’m very happy with it.
Here are a couple comparison pics. Huge difference in print quality.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you go about getting the new one? Through stern? Or did you buy a new one? Mine is a bit on the grainy side.

#6745 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

How did you go about getting the new one? Through stern? Or did you buy a new one? Mine is a bit on the grainy side.

My distributor was able to get one from Stern. It may not be quick, but I haven't had any issue which Stern didn't stand behind and make right. Sure I would have preferred a populated playfield which would have taken about 27.75 hours less to swap, but I am thankful to have gotten this one.

#6746 2 years ago

Kudos on that hard work making the swap. That sounds like a nightmare to me.

The new one looks way better!

#6747 2 years ago

I didn't realize that some early TMNT had print quality issues. The NIB premium I recieved a week back looks like this. From what I can tell this looks good? Just wanted to ask as my games build date is from August, 2020. Pics taken from cell phone camera, could be better, picture cropped.

Screenshot_20210601-120317_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210601-120317_Gallery.jpg

#6748 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

From what I can tell this looks good?

Your playfield looks good to me.

#6749 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Your playfield looks good to me.

Thanks! Just get extra worried when it comes to the playfields being made today.

To @JediTurtle, glad you got a new playfield. Great job on the swap!

#6750 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks! Just get extra worried when it comes to the playfields being made today.
To Jediturtle, glad you got a new playfield. Great job on the swap!

Thanks! Yeah your playfield looks fine to me. My original looked like it was colored with crayon. I haven't heard of any pooling or other issues with TMNT, but some of the first run (I think it was pro only, but not positive) ended up with grainy art, as if the printer were running out of ink. If you can't tell immediately, I would say you have a good one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/135?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.