(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,062 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 minutes ago by cabal
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 242.
#6451 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Yes it is pretty much just for points but its a fun reward for halfway completion and something I look forward to playing, it is truly a "moment".
If team up completion was a qualifier for cowabunga I would burn this game in my fire pit.
Simply allowing me to continue in single ball would completely change my opinion on this mode.

No what I mean is COMPLETION of Team Up isn't needed for qualification, but if you GET to Team Up and Complete the Mode, you're REWARDED with an auto-completion of a Cowabunga Qualifier randomly.

#6452 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Yes it is pretty much just for points but its a fun reward for halfway completion and something I look forward to playing, it is truly a "moment".
If team up completion was a qualifier for cowabunga I would burn this game in my fire pit.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

No what I mean is COMPLETION of Team Up isn't needed for qualification, but if you GET to Team Up and Complete the Mode, you're REWARDED with an auto-completion of a Cowabunga Qualifier randomly.

Ah I see, yes that would be better.

#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This is a fantastic idea. I was on a Cowabunga-quest last night, so I played a 4p co-op game. Had one of the most monster Ball 1's ever. See pic below, which was before my EB. Still didn't get to Cowabunga, which shows that this game is an ass-kicker and I suck at pinball.

Team Up and Final Battle are roadblocks to Cowabunga. You must play through them, and everything else basically shuts off when they're available. So unless you can beat Final Battle, you have to play it on Ball 2 to have a chance to sniff Cowabunga (tall order), and then there's all the hard things to collect as well.

Having Team Up completion qualify one of the grid items would be HUGE perk for completing one of the mandatory roadblocks that is Team Up, while also putting Cowabunga within the realm of possibility.

Ball 1 (resized).jpgBall 1 (resized).jpg

#6454 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

This is a fantastic idea. I was on a Cowabunga-quest last night, so I played a 4p co-op game. Had one of the most monster Ball 1's ever. See pic below, which was before my EB. Still didn't get to Cowabunga, which shows that this game is an ass-kicker and I suck at pinball.
Team Up and Final Battle are roadblocks to Cowabunga. You must play through them, and everything else basically shuts off when they're available. So unless you can beat Final Battle, you have to play it on Ball 2 to have a chance to sniff Cowabunga (tall order), and then there's all the hard things to collect as well.
Having Team Up completion qualify one of the grid items would be HUGE perk for completing one of the mandatory roadblocks that is Team Up, while also putting Cowabunga within the realm of possibility.
[quoted image]

Yeah I haven't sniffed Cowabunga. This game you can score sub-3,000,000 on 5 straight games and 68,000,000 on the next.

#6455 3 years ago

I have qualified cowabunga a few times but failed final battle on ball 3 so never saw it.

#6456 3 years ago

I was playing with the perks for team up, if you get the proper perks like these, it’s 3 shots including the turtle save shot, so I’ve just been trying to complete certain modes before team up, makes it a little more exciting, it’s soooo hard to beat otherwise .

4B1648A4-B0A5-41B0-B26D-3F5A7EB656CE (resized).jpeg4B1648A4-B0A5-41B0-B26D-3F5A7EB656CE (resized).jpeg
#6457 3 years ago

Maybe I'm just dense, but those perk descriptions mean ABOSOLUTELY nothing to me. Bebop equals rocksteady? Rescue any? Okay?

#6458 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I have qualified cowabunga a few times but failed final battle on ball 3 so never saw it.

I actually think this is something that needs to be fixed with the code - Final Battle should end prior to draining all balls - otherwise you can't get to Cowabunga unless you finish FB on ball 2...

#6459 3 years ago

I'd like to see a pizza party added to the cowabunga qualifiers (make it one of Neutrino's or the one after Team Up) - maybe replace one of the jackpots or max krang combo.

#6460 3 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

I actually think this is something that needs to be fixed with the code - Final Battle should end prior to draining all balls - otherwise you can't get to Cowabunga unless you finish FB on ball 2...

You can beat final battle though.

#6461 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Maybe I'm just dense, but those perk descriptions mean ABOSOLUTELY nothing to me. Bebop equals rocksteady? Rescue any? Okay?

There's clearer explanations here:

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599#heading--episodes

#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Yeah the descriptions are kind of obtuse...

Bebop = Rocksteady means you can hit either the Bop or rocksteady shot to kill Rocksteady/Bebop during the team up.

Rescue Any means that after you get a number of foot kills you can choose which turtle you rescue instead of the game telling you that you have to rescue Leo for instance...

Return Lane Spots Bad guy means that if you hit the return lane switch it will spot you a foot kill.

One foot kills all means that you only have to hit one foot soldier kill before you can rescue a turtle, otherwise you have to hit like 3 or 4 foot shots before you can rescue a turtle.

Agree that completing modes is very important to making team up easier. If you have one foot kills all and rescue any it makes it much easier.

#6463 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Yeah the descriptions are kind of obtuse...
Bebop = Rocksteady means you can hit either the Bop or rocksteady shot to kill Rocksteady/Bebop during the team up.
Rescue Any means that after you get a number of foot kills you can choose which turtle you rescue instead of the game telling you that you have to rescue Leo for instance...
Return Lane Spots Bad guy means that if you hit the return lane switch it will spot you a foot kill.
One foot kills all means that you only have to hit one foot soldier kill before you can rescue a turtle, otherwise you have to hit like 3 or 4 foot shots before you can rescue a turtle.
Agree that completing modes is very important to making team up easier. If you have one foot kills all and rescue any it makes it much easier.

Thank you . What’s pizza party X2 mean,? Some of the perks are pretty useless it seems,and it’s 6 foot soldiers before rescue. So rescue any and kill all foot soldiers makes it much easier,otherwise it’s 24 foot soldiers plus 4 turtle shots in order (starting with the hardest) to beat team up

#6464 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

What’s pizza party X2

If you get to Pizza Party after rescuing all the turtles, then it's worth 2X the points.

Quoted from billrz:

kill all foot soldiers

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I think it's actually kill all but 1 "bad guy" and then you need a weapon shot and then you can rescue, still super useful but kind of misleading.

#6465 3 years ago

Most of my mods arrived and I’ve installed them.

Ninja Pizzeria sign I had to improvise. Seems the mounts were intended for the pro ramp.

Unfortunately it only had one apron card when I traded. Anyone got a scan of the other apron card?

22C7C874-0132-4C92-892D-43BAF01C3C71 (resized).jpeg22C7C874-0132-4C92-892D-43BAF01C3C71 (resized).jpegA7783ACB-7224-4E86-A9CD-AAA4BE74ECBD (resized).jpegA7783ACB-7224-4E86-A9CD-AAA4BE74ECBD (resized).jpegEB67D0F0-579E-4FE6-B58B-73F1AD604EF0 (resized).jpegEB67D0F0-579E-4FE6-B58B-73F1AD604EF0 (resized).jpeg

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Unfortunately it only had one apron card when I traded. Anyone got a scan of the other apron card?

You can have my old apron cards. I make lenticular/3D cards for a lot of machines, and put my lenticulars in my Ninja Turtles, so I have no need for the original cards.

Here are the Lenticulars/3D I make for this machine-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards#post-5955895

TMNT.gifTMNT.gif

#6467 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I tried scanning the original ones a while back when I was making some custom ones but for some reason they turned out horrible. These are the ones I made if you'd like something to fill the space until someone more competent than me can scan the stock ones for you. It would be nice if Stern would upload the files for games with customized cards though.

Print_V2_LEFT.pdfPrint_V2_LEFT.pdfPrint_V2_RIGHT.pdfPrint_V2_RIGHT.pdf
#6468 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Most of my mods arrived and I’ve installed them.
Ninja Pizzeria sign I had to improvise. Seems the mounts were intended for the pro ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

i only found my modified one

TMNT_Apron3 (resized).pngTMNT_Apron3 (resized).png
#6469 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You can have my old apron cards. I make lenticular/3D cards for a lot of machines, and put my lenticulars in my Ninja Turtles, so I have no need for the original cards.
Here are the Lenticulars/3D I make for this machine-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards#post-5955895
[quoted image]

I’d like to take you up on this offer.

I just placed an order for your TMNT lenticular set. If you wouldn’t mind tossing the originals in the package too. That would be nifty.

Any chance you’ll make a set of STNG lenticulars?

Many thanks to everyone that offered scans and custom ones!

This pin sits next to a full decked out Munsters with color custom cards. Feels naked!

#6470 3 years ago

I have a group of TMNT mods that I'd like to sell to someone as a set rather than selling them individually. I'll take $100 and ship anywhere in the US. Figured I would see if anyone here is interested before I check elsewhere (hopefully not breaking any forum rules). Total cost for me was around $150 with shipping charges:

NECA Krang Figure (Krang only, no box)
https://www.amazon.com/NECA-Teenage-Mutant-Turtles-Shedder/dp/B0821D5QLK

Turtles Flipper Bat Toppers (3)
https://www.ulekstore.com/Turtle_Power_Flipper_Bat_Topper_MODs_p/turtlepower_toppers.htm
City Sewer Shooter Rod Plate Cover
https://www.ulekstore.com/TMNT_Shooter_Rod_Plate_Cover_MOD_p/tmnt_src.htm
Ninja Pizzeria Sign
https://www.ulekstore.com/Ninja_Pizzeria_MOD_for_Stern_s_TMNT_pinball_p/ninja_pizzeria.htm
Turtle Crossing Sign
https://www.ulekstore.com/Turtle_Crossing_Street_Sign_MOD_for_TMNT_p/turtlescrossing.htm

tmntmods (resized).jpgtmntmods (resized).jpg
#6471 3 years ago

For all you hard core TMNT fans - Supreme is dropping a Raphael t-shirt today...

https://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/springsummer2021/t-shirts/raphael-tee

TMNT shirt (resized).jpegTMNT shirt (resized).jpeg

#6472 3 years ago

I wish there was a few more high scores to set.
For Team up, final battle (during regular or co-op play) Nuetrino party, Total April hurry ups, and maybe even multiballs.

#6473 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I wish there was a few more high scores to set.
For Team up, final battle (during regular or co-op play) Nuetrino party, Total April hurry ups, and maybe even multiballs.

I'd love to see time for pizza eating contest

#6474 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I'd love to see time for pizza eating contest

That would be cool!

Is there a video mode on this game?

#6475 3 years ago

Looking to get a Pro and I came across this picture of a topper that I am going to obsess over until I can get one or get one made like it. The machine this is on is by RB Flip France (check them out on Facebook). I reached out to them on Facebook, they read the messages, but didn't reply. Does anyone know of anyone that could make this? I'm willing to pay top dollar for it, whatever that might be.

Turtles Topper (resized).jpgTurtles Topper (resized).jpg
#6476 3 years ago
Quoted from BigTP25:

Looking to get a Pro and I came across this picture of a topper that I am going to obsess over until I can get one or get one made like it. The machine this is on is by RB Flip France (check them out on Facebook). I reached out to them on Facebook, they read the messages, but didn't reply. Does anyone know of anyone that could make this? I'm willing to pay top dollar for it, whatever that might be.
[quoted image]

I've seen that for sale on etsy.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/940687966/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tmnt-3d?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=tmnt+sign&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1&cns=1

#6477 3 years ago
Quoted from BigTP25:

[quoted image]

Go to etsy and search "tmnt sign" for plenty of options! Making a mount to the backbox would be your next challenge. Certainly doable with some strong magnets even.

#6479 3 years ago
Quoted from BigTP25:

[quoted image]

I'm the lucky owner of one of them.
As far as I know the guy produced 30 of them, and they are all gone. It was around 350€ a piece

#6480 3 years ago

A friend mentioned someone had done code using old cartoon footage. Would anyone have a link or point me in the right direction?

#6481 3 years ago
Quoted from wesh:

A friend mentioned someone had done code using old cartoon footage. Would anyone have a link or point me in the right direction?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

I enjoy it much more than the original animations.

#6482 3 years ago

Here is how I got my stern katana shooter rod to work relatively regular. I put the smallest size post rubber inside the shooter rod rubber and pushed it down flat with a screw driver. It gave it enough extra length to shoot more normal.

Disappointing to pay this much for a shooter rod only to have issues and other seem to as well.

65BC834A-3B06-414E-9B9C-772AD7E6BD01 (resized).jpeg65BC834A-3B06-414E-9B9C-772AD7E6BD01 (resized).jpeg

82F01600-FDC9-4CB3-8BA9-C043BA394549 (resized).jpeg82F01600-FDC9-4CB3-8BA9-C043BA394549 (resized).jpeg
#6483 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Here is how I got my stern shooter rod to work relatively regular. I put the smallest size post rubber inside the shooter rod rubber and pushed it down flat with a screw driver. It gave it enough extra length to shoot more normal.
Disappointing to pay this much for a shooter rod only to have issues and other seem to as well.
[quoted image]

Are you speaking about the TMNT katana shooter rod?

#6484 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Are you speaking about the TMNT katana shooter rod?

Yes

#6485 2 years ago

Just received my premium a week ago. My son and I are having a blast with this machine. Question for everyone, Do you alter any of the settings such as flipper power and what not? I have never altered the factory settings and just wondering if this is something that is normal to do.

#6486 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternTraveler:

Just received my premium a week ago. My son and I are having a blast with this machine. Question for everyone, Do you alter any of the settings such as flipper power and what not? I have never altered the factory settings and just wondering if this is something that is normal to do.

The only changes I made was to:
turn off "match" feature at the end of games so it just goes right to "game over"
turn on the ability to switch the "Battle Again" light with a flipper press
add the "lair save" timer so that if a ball drains out of the lair into the outlane, your ball is saved
decrease the ball trough eject to the lowest setting... then I think I bumped it up just a tiny bit since rarely it was not ejecting the ball on the first eject.

#6487 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternTraveler:

I always alter all my spike games to the lowest ball trough kickout setting possible. This will severely reduce the amount of wear that is caused at the factory power level setting.

#6488 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Here is how I got my stern katana shooter rod to work relatively regular. I put the smallest size post rubber inside the shooter rod rubber and pushed it down flat with a screw driver. It gave it enough extra length to shoot more normal.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I got one of these on order. What was your issue with it?

#6489 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I got one of these on order. What was your issue with it?

if you search this Thread a lot of folks had issue with it not being able to plunge the ball up the ramp.

#6490 2 years ago

My left sling started acting up tonight.

Not firing sometimes then firing at times
when there is no contact. Is there a good post on troubleshooting and fine tuning them?

#6491 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

My left sling started acting up tonight.
Not firing sometimes then firing at times
when there is no contact. Is there a good post on troubleshooting and fine tuning them?

Very simple fix especially if you have the leaf adjusting tool. I am assuming you don’t, the space in between the contacts(they look like little nipples) should ever so slightly be a gap. If they are touching use a small pair of needle nose pliers to bend the back smaller leaf switch away from the larger front one. Vice versa if they are too far apart.

#6492 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Very simple fix especially if you have the leaf adjusting tool. I am assuming you don’t, the space in between the contacts(they look like little nipples) should ever so slightly be a gap. If they are touching use a small pair of needle nose pliers to bend the back smaller leaf switch away from the larger front one. Vice versa if they are too far apart.

Thanks for the tips! That was the problem. I do actually have the proper adjuster tools.

This is the first time I ever had to adjust the slings. I was mainly wondering which reed to bend the long or short ones and how much of a gap to leave. Your description of what to do was very helpful. Thanks again.

It’s pizza time again!

#6493 2 years ago

Anybody have a link to a good adjustment tool? I feel like I'm going to need one of those in the future.

Thanks.

#6494 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Anybody have a link to a good adjustment tool? I feel like I'm going to need one of those in the future.
Thanks.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

I am also a fan of using a set of these depending on the scenario-
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6496 2 years ago

I was super tired of effing around with my switches, I had just lost my damn adjuster tool. So I made one out of a 90 deg allen wrench. I grabbed my sawzall, tossed a metal blade in, and cut a groove from the top in, got it to about 1/2" then I used my grinder on the sides and flattened them. actually made a decent tool. Then I found my one from PBL. lol, fuck.

#6497 2 years ago

+1
This is a great suggestion. It’s the set I have.

#6498 2 years ago

Folks that bought the Leonardo Katana shooter rod...

Did stern send you an entire assembly?

Can I just swap out the rod itself?

785462C2-2394-41F4-B564-9377C24DB8F0 (resized).jpeg785462C2-2394-41F4-B564-9377C24DB8F0 (resized).jpeg
#6499 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Can I just swap out the rod itself?

I thought of that and I don't believe so - the handle is attached the rod itself, so the whole thing replaces the original. I used the trick of pulling off the tip and putting a post rubber inside to give the end/tip enough length to shoot the ball correctly. works like a charm.

#6500 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

I thought of that and I don't believe so - the handle is attached the rod itself, so the whole thing replaces the original. I used the trick of pulling off the tip and putting a post rubber inside to give the end/tip enough length to shoot the ball correctly. works like a charm.

Is the tip of the Katana shooter rod shorter than a stock one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/130?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.