(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,057 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by arcadem
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 242.
#6201 3 years ago

Things happen

#6202 3 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Things happen

Make a for sale ad and post pictures of it. Include pics of the visible part of playfield to show its not crappy printed. Should help you move it quicker to help when things happen.

#6203 3 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Things happen

I hear ya. Godspeed.

#6205 3 years ago

Just realized last code drop was back in late December. Final battle speech still broken. Surely we are still getting at least one more code update for this game, fixing the final battle speech at minimum? Rules are deep, what else is there that could be fixed/improved? I would love for the April model to be re-done, but realize, we most likely aint' getting that.

Any thoughts on when the next (and maybe last) code drop will occur and what it may contain?

#6206 3 years ago

<blockquote
Any thoughts on when the next (and maybe last) code drop will occur and what it may contain?

I’m sure it will happen before Munsters

#6207 3 years ago

I know someone fixed it in the 1987 code.

#6208 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Just realized last code drop was back in late December. Final battle speech still broken. Surely we are still getting at least one more code update for this game, fixing the final battle speech at minimum? Rules are deep, what else is there that could be fixed/improved? I would love for the April model to be re-done, but realize, we most likely aint' getting that.

Yeah kinda crazy its still bugged. This is my first machine, certainly gives me pause for the second.

#6209 3 years ago
Quoted from Kulky:

Yeah kinda crazy its still bugged. This is my first machine, certainly gives me pause for the second.

Ludicrous, that bug is such a non sequitur, that is the worst reason to be leery. Plenty of good reasons to be leery, but this is not one of them. Enjoy the best Pro produced since Star Trek!

#6210 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:Ludicrous, that bug is such a non sequitur, that is the worst reason to be leery. Plenty of good reasons to be leery, but this is not one of them. Enjoy the best Pro produced since Star Trek!

Oh, that's how I should feel. Thanks for letting me know.

#6211 3 years ago
Quoted from Kulky:

I dont think he was intending to belittle you. He was just letting you know that this very small code issue is not worth getting upset about. Stern doesnt update code that often and Dwight is one of the best so your in good hands. Have you made it to Final Battle to hear the missing call out? Now if the entire Final Battle mode was missing and the code is past 1.0 that is a issue most would be upset about. What game are you thinking about buying next? Also when are you going to put out a new Home Alone movie, just kidding!

#6212 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Have you made it to Final Battle to hear the missing call out? Now if the entire Final Battle mode was missing and the code is past 1.0 that is a issue most would be upset about.

It's also an issue with Final Battle Challenge, which is quite accessible. With that being said, I agree that it's not a huge issue (as long as they fix it eventually.) This bug actually reminded me to check into whether the custom code variations were working with the newest code, so that was nice.

#6213 3 years ago

It works on the 1987 code version. So if it goes on too long and it doesn't seem like they are going to fix it. I'm sure we can do it ourselves. Just gotta learn Pinbrowser.

#6214 3 years ago
Quoted from Kulky:

Quoted from Phbooms:

I dont think he was intending to belittle you. He was just letting you know that this very small code issue is not worth getting upset about. Stern doesnt update code that often and Dwight is one of the best so your in good hands. Have you made it to Final Battle to hear the missing call out? Now if the entire Final Battle mode was missing and the code is past 1.0 that is a issue most would be upset about. What game are you thinking about buying next? Also when are you going to put out a new Home Alone movie, just kidding!

You are exactly correct. No malice intended. You have been on Pinside for 2 months and made your first NIB purchase, just making you aware that there are very valid reasons to be judicious on your second purchase, but the reason stated is frivolous. Pinside is a wonderful resource, and sometimes, an un useful soapbox. Just use discernment, in your pinball purchases, as you should in most aspects of your life.

#6215 3 years ago

Watched The Toys That Made Us TMNT episode last night. Totally awesome.

I had no idea Chuck Lorre did the original theme song.

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 1.33.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-09 at 1.33.22 PM (resized).png
#6216 3 years ago

I know its off topic but has anyone seen how man AIQ and LZ pins up for sale lately..... not so happy customers??

#6217 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I know its off topic but has anyone seen how man AIQ and LZ pins up for sale lately..... not so happy customers??

I've seen 0 in my area but that's not indicative of the overall pinball community. In general, lots of TMNT machines seemed to be up for sale early on too. I think people like to get the latest machines, then they play them a bit and realize they aren't a fan so they sell them. Or they just get their fill and move on. It probably doesn't help that there are so few opportunities to play the new games on location either. That's normally a good way to try the newest games or to make an informed decision whether you should buy a new game.

#6218 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I've seen 0 in my area but that's not indicative of the overall pinball community. In general, lots of TMNT machines seemed to be up for sale early on too. I think people like to get the latest machines, then they play them a bit and realize they aren't a fan so they sell them. Or they just get their fill and move on. It probably doesn't help that there are so few opportunities to play the new games on location either. That's normally a good way to try the newest games or to make an informed decision whether you should buy a new game.

I've seen lots of TMNT too. I think it's too tough for some. They're expecting Congo gameplay and they get a bit of Iron Man.

#6219 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

This gets brought up with every new stern.
Happened with TMNT too.
Reality is that its not any more than normal on a new release, there are plenty of people that buy the new shiney thing just to play until the next new shiney thing is released.

#6220 3 years ago

Glider assembly failed last week on my LE . Call Melissa at coin taker, she submitted a warranty claim, and stern mail me the entire glider, ramp assembly today , which took 15 minutes to install and I am returning the defective one. Melissa really takes great care of her customers and stern did a great job.

#6221 3 years ago

Milissia is the best of the best!

#6222 3 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Glider assembly failed last week on my LE . Call Melissa at coin taker, she submitted a warranty claim, and stern mail me the entire glider, ramp assembly today , which took 15 minutes to install and I am returning the defective one. Melissa really takes great care of her customers and stern did a great job.

What failed, the servo?
I feel like the brass bushing on mine is loose, do any of your gliders have any front to back play in them?

#6223 3 years ago

My auto plunge is too weak to make it to the van (LE) any body have any solution? It’s turned up to max in settings already, it’s not good during multiball,the van can’t refill and keep getting balls forever until the shooter land fills up,then I gotta manually plunge them into the van . Also,during multiball,if lair lock is lit and 2 balls get locked in there,it does like 4 ball searches before letting them out . Anybody else have these issues on their premium/LE ? Otherwise,great game !! Super fun and exciting,very difficult tho!!

#6224 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

My auto plunge is too weak to make it to the van (LE) any body have any solution? It’s turned up to max in settings already, it’s not good during multiball,the van can’t refill and keep getting balls forever until the shooter land fills up,then I gotta manually plunge them into the van . Also,during multiball,if lair lock is lit and 2 balls get locked in there,it does like 4 ball searches before letting them out . Anybody else have these issues on their premium/LE ? Otherwise,great game !! Super fun and exciting,very difficult tho!!

Every time my Premium does this I just replace the balls and all is normal again.

#6225 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

We had this issue. Turning up the shooter power only makes it worse, try turning the shooter power down. This did not work for us either so we put a larger coil in the auto plunger. Stern part number 090 5023 OT 22 600 (cut the diode off if the coil comes wit it on). Game works great! we love it. We have done this on 2 sterns now. TMNTLE and IMDNLE. Both work great, no issues.

Lair lock will have a switch or two that are not working correctly, ours had that too. We adjusted the switches so they worked properly... Cowabunga!

Good luck!

#6226 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Every time my Premium does this I just replace the balls and all is normal again.

Yeah having this problem on the Pre I'm borrowing right now and I suspect magnetized balls. Is that what the consensus is?

#6227 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Yeah having this problem on the Pre I'm borrowing right now and I suspect magnetized balls. Is that what the consensus is?

that’s what I figured. Changing them out alway works for me so it must be the magnetization.

#6228 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

There's one particular (ugly) April animation that I wish could be re-done, but I don't think that will happen.

Rob

#6229 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

What failed, the servo?
I feel like the brass bushing on mine is loose, do any of your gliders have any front to back play in them?

Yea mine has a bunch of play in it. Sent a email with video back on Jan 6 to the tech guys at stern that helped me when my servo failed, no response. I think a metal plate on the bottom like the one on top would solve the issue, it would hold the brass sleeve in place.

#6230 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There's one particular (ugly) April animation that I wish could be re-done, but I don't think that will happen.
Rob

That one and the static floating baxter stockman could use a little work. But really a lot of the animations are awesome.

#6231 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

That one and the static floating baxter stockman could use a little work. But really a lot of the animations are awesome.

Personally, Id rather time and attention goes into tweaking game rules instead of some of the bad animations. But both would sure be nice!

#6232 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:There's one particular (ugly) April animation that I wish could be re-done, but I don't think that will happen.
Rob

Half shell challenge? God that is 'blinding' at the start.......

#6233 3 years ago

My only complaint right now is the shaker motor sequence at the start of Ninja Pizza Multiball. I would love for the lower shaker settings to make it less dramatic. Right now, even on “minimal” it’s full blast and really over the top. I’ve had to disable my shaker motor to avoid it.

#6234 3 years ago

New retro style game from Tribute Games, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.

Mike Patton is the one singing the TMNT theme song!

#6235 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Personally, Id rather time and attention goes into tweaking game rules instead of some of the bad animations. But both would sure be nice!

Trust me Dwights on it!

#6236 3 years ago
Quoted from Bou-Da:

New retro style game from Tribute Games, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.

But why did he have to sing it so awkwardly, especially in the names verse. Just sing the rhythm of the song.

Oh well, at least someone knows how to animate April

#6237 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Trust me Dwights on it!

That's certainly good to hear. I love the game as it currently sits but I feel like a few, mostly minor, tweaks could definitely elevate it to another level. I have so many big and small thoughts and ideas after having played far too many games on it so far.

My general hope would be to add adjustments for Battle Again difficulty and/or adding more opportunity to light Battle Again and to create more scoring opportunities or ways to focus on and build the Weapon Hurry-up, 123 Foot Combo, and Krang Kombo.

I'm curious what everybody else thinks of these modes as they currently exist. I also want to know what all goes into the APRIL Hurry-Up scoring.

#6238 3 years ago
Quoted from Bou-Da:

Game looks awesome! A day 1 buy for me. I am a huge fan of their Streets of Rage 4 game. Can't wait.

#6239 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

That's certainly good to hear. I love the game as it currently sits but I feel like a few, mostly minor, tweaks could definitely elevate it to another level. I have so many big and small thoughts and ideas after having played far too many games on it so far.
My general hope would be to add adjustments for Battle Again difficulty and/or adding more opportunity to light Battle Again and to create more scoring opportunities or ways to focus on and build the Weapon Hurry-up, 123 Foot Combo, and Krang Kombo.
I'm curious what everybody else thinks of these modes as they currently exist. I also want to know what all goes into the APRIL Hurry-Up scoring.

Hes following along so any input or ideas good or bad im sure he will appreciate.

#6240 3 years ago

123 foot and weapon hurryups feel great when I hit it in a combo. I never go for them though, just through playing episodes. Usually this is due to hitting center ramp after right ramp or orbit to get in back on the right flipper. I always do karate chops afterwards because it holds the ball for you to celebrate.

I should try to light battle again and april hurryup after every episode, but I can’t even get to final battle yet so not priority for me.

Got to neutrino pizza party once after training level 3 but doesn’t seem worth it to go after so I haven’t tried getting there since.

Most episodes I got was 6 so still working on that. Came back to this after playing avengers for awhile and it seems twice as fast, can’t even get to team up.

Quoted from shaub:

#6241 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hes following along so any input or ideas good or bad im sure he will appreciate.

In that case, and I wouldnt be surprised if they already know about these but, here are the V1.41 bugs I've noticed.

Portal in the Park/Final Battle
-sounds missing

Weapon hurry-up
-When you get the skill shot, the weapon hurry-up inlane insert doesn’t light right away when you skip the animation stuff. This means you may accidentally start the WHU just because you are impatient.

Team Up MB
-Battle Again insert does not light
-APRIL target spell out not lit but remains active

Training Modes
-Completing mode, left ramp will count toward episode qualify as well
-maybe make completing a training level another way to qualify the next episode start as added incentive for training?
-APRIL Target lights are off, but remains active (to light Battle Again, I believe)
-Pause mode, or maybe show APRIL light progress for a couple seconds after hitting the target, or just light it like normal

Neutrino Pizza Party mode (the mode that you can get after getting your Turtle to Level 3)
-qualification time out keeps running while locked out of starting it, not sure if you can keep hitting the targets to keep it qualified or not
-no Title Screen and no End Screen/Total Points screen (I understand the mode was probably added late and I am super grateful it is in there at all because I love the mode and how it can make the Training Modes feel more worthwhile.

Restore Settings
Half Shell Challenge high score restores, but the individual Turtle Times do not.

#6242 3 years ago

One of my pet peeves is how Training stays lit even when it isn't available (due to things like pizza eating, 1-2-3, etc. There are games I go for only training to try to get to Neutrino Pizza Party, so if I'm concentrating on hitting the lair and finally do, only to have it go right through even though Training is lit is infuriating. If you can't start it, turn the light off please!

Speaking of Neutrino Pizza Party, a nice long ball save would be nice. That can be a real bear to get to, and the few times I have, it's over in a blink. This playfield is so brutal and unforgiving, we need all the help we can get to appreciate the deeper modes. I wouldn't mind a longer team up ball save for that matter. I usually drain out the second the ball save drops on that one.

I still think Neutrino Pizza Party as a reward for training up is a little out of place. I'd rather see that be something more thematic to training, like a battle-royale sparring match with the other turtles or Splinter or something. I would move Neutrino Pizza Party to be a reward for so many pizza slices collected, or completing a second pizza eating contest...something along those lines. Just seems like that would be more thematic.

#6243 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I wouldn't mind a longer team up ball save for that matter. I usually drain out the second the ball save drops on that one.

My suggestion would be to let Team Up either continue in single ball play OR when you drain to one ball, start a countdown timer to shoot YOUR turtle shot to rescue your Team up partner and then continue the mode. However, there is currently an adjustment for the ball save timer on Team Up.

#6244 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

One of my pet peeves is how Training stays lit even when it isn't available (due to things like pizza eating, 1-2-3, etc. There are games I go for only training to try to get to Neutrino Pizza Party, so if I'm concentrating on hitting the lair and finally do, only to have it go right through even though Training is lit is infuriating. If you can't start it, turn the light off please!
Speaking of Neutrino Pizza Party, a nice long ball save would be nice. That can be a real bear to get to, and the few times I have, it's over in a blink. This playfield is so brutal and unforgiving, we need all the help we can get to appreciate the deeper modes. I wouldn't mind a longer team up ball save for that matter. I usually drain out the second the ball save drops on that one.
I still think Neutrino Pizza Party as a reward for training up is a little out of place. I'd rather see that be something more thematic to training, like a battle-royale sparring match with the other turtles or Splinter or something. I would move Neutrino Pizza Party to be a reward for so many pizza slices collected, or completing a second pizza eating contest...something along those lines. Just seems like that would be more thematic.

Can you adjust your ball save in settings on that? curious

#6245 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

In that case, and I wouldnt be surprised if they already know about these but, here are the V1.41 bugs I've noticed.
Portal in the Park/Final Battle
-sounds missing
Weapon hurry-up
-When you get the skill shot, the weapon hurry-up inlane insert doesn’t light right away when you skip the animation stuff. This means you may accidentally start the WHU just because you are impatient.
Team Up MB
-Battle Again insert does not light
-APRIL target spell out not lit but remains active
Training Modes
-Completing mode, left ramp will count toward episode qualify as well
-maybe make completing a training level another way to qualify the next episode start as added incentive for training?
-APRIL Target lights are off, but remains active (to light Battle Again, I believe)
-Pause mode, or maybe show APRIL light progress for a couple seconds after hitting the target, or just light it like normal
Neutrino Pizza Party mode (the mode that you can get after getting your Turtle to Level 3)
-qualification time out keeps running while locked out of starting it, not sure if you can keep hitting the targets to keep it qualified or not
-no Title Screen and no End Screen/Total Points screen (I understand the mode was probably added late and I am super grateful it is in there at all because I love the mode and how it can make the Training Modes feel more worthwhile.
Restore Settings
Half Shell Challenge high score restores, but the individual Turtle Times do not.

All good suggestions!

Xaqery would you please also add a bunch more topper technodrome eye movement? I thought it was suppose to follow the ball somewhat during modes, but it basically doesn’t move much, which is disappointing after paying so much for the topper. The only real movement action the eye does is during extra ball. We need more action such as that motion, but during game play too, to have the topper feel like it is part of gameplay. Thanks in advance.

#6246 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Can you adjust your ball save in settings on that? curious

Most likely. I should check into that. Or really...what I should do is play better.

#6247 3 years ago

Is there a setting to remove attract mode music? ( tmnt theme plays too long after game over IMO )

#6248 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Another very, very minor gripe I have is that training doesn't stack when you shoot the lair to finish a mode like it does for Leo's skill shot. It would make choosing the lair to finish more strategic, and make the logic more consistent.

#6249 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Another very, very minor gripe I have is that training doesn't stack when you shoot the lair to finish a mode like it does for Leo's skill shot.

Do you mean the way that it doesn't complete the mode AND start training at the same time? If so, I prefer it the way that it currently is. Though, I suppose in this case, you could just shoot one of the other 3 turtle shots (I tend to always choose the left ramp.)

I'm generally a fan of choosing when specific modes and multiballs start and not being forced to start them in order to advance something else. Kind of like how you can be 1 shot away from Turtle Power MB but still need to shoot the right ramp to light your next Episode so then you're screwed trying to stack Episode with MB.

With that being said, those types of awkward stacking situations CAN be a good chance to plan ahead and strategize. For example, the first thing I typically try and do is get 1 shot away from Turtle Power MB, then start an Episode and then start Turtle Power MB. That way I make sure I don't end up locking myself out of the stack.

#6250 3 years ago

Picking up a pro tomorow!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/125?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.