(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 336 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 241.
#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Right there with you! I still havent gotten Neutrino pizza party either i always get sidetracked with other modes everytime i set out to get it.

Wait... what is neutrino pizza party? Is this different from the standard pizza party?

#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Right there with you! I still havent gotten Neutrino pizza party either i always get sidetracked with other modes everytime i set out to get it.

What is the best strategy to get neutrino pizza party going anyway?

I know this from the rules:
Neutrino Pizza Party -
- Can only be started after you have trained and reached 3rd level
- Can only be started when nothing else is going on.
- To start hit the two Dimension X targets then shoot the left ramp before
it times out.
- Can only play once per game.

#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Wait... what is neutrino pizza party? Is this different from the standard pizza party?

Yes, totally different and a completely separate mode from the TMNT parlor pizza party. Takes place from activating the LAIR, not the pizza parlor in under the van.

#6104 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, totally different and a completely separate mode/multiball from the TMNT parlor pizza party.

For the record, it's a single ball mode with no ball save. See here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599#heading--neutrinopizzaparty for details.

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I believe there's also a pizza party sub-wizard-mode if you beat team up mode. Never personally got there, just got to keep trying.

#6106 3 years ago

Just saw this pop up on Stern's IG: https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/464028439

tmnt (resized).jpegtmnt (resized).jpeg
#6107 3 years ago

Whatever it is. I need it!

#6108 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Ok boys we are done with the topper, sans lighting. As soon as that’s done, I’ll post a complete how to thread, putting together all the pieces (literally).
The lighting is being done custom, so if any of you want to light yours, you can get that option too.
Added benefit is if I ever sold the machine, I can reuse basically everything. The statues, TMNT sign, Shelf. The sewer cover has a couple holes, but not really a big deal. I decided to add some cheap support to it because of the sign. Literally $2 pieces. Nice and sturdy.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Absolutely phenomenal work and craftsmanship Look forward to the instruction manual

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What is the best strategy to get neutrino pizza party going anyway?
I know this from the rules:
Neutrino Pizza Party -
- Can only be started after you have trained and reached 3rd level
- Can only be started when nothing else is going on.
- To start hit the two Dimension X targets then shoot the left ramp before
it times out.
- Can only play once per game.

I have gotten to it twice after many tries. I can only get it if I focus my entire game on getting to it. It's very challenging to get while distracted with other things in the game. I always try to clear out 1, 2, 3 foot and also clear out episodes, and both multiballs and weapon hurry ups if they are lit BEFORE going into training #2. If you beat training #2 and get to level 3, Neutrino targets will be lit on left ramp. However, if you hit them both and now need to hit the left ramp but accidentally go into 1, 2, 3 foot, Weapon hurry up or an episode or multiball you will get timed out and have to hit the targets all over again. Since its so hard to even light neutrinos I'd like to see it take priority over these other modes once its lit in a future code update.

#6110 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

It's been happening to me enough that I'm trying to see where it is happening and if a protector can be fabricated.

Please let me know if you are successful. I would think something like the pipe mod I have seen would work, it's just the one that I have seen has been for the left wire, and I have had no issues with the left.

#6111 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Absolutely phenomenal work and craftsmanship Look forward to the instruction manual

Thank you sir. I have a complete list. The lighting should be over the top. Pun intended!

#6112 3 years ago

can any one tell me if there is a super skill shot of ball 1 like iron maiden, i have a le
thanks very much guys

#6113 3 years ago

For those with the Mezel Technodrome, is the bottom cut out to fit around the edge of the van? It almost looks that way in some pics, but I'm not sure. I have my van turned to face forward, and couldn't bring myself to put it back in the stock position, so I am concerned there would be a weird cut out shape on the bottom right of the Technodrome if I bought it.

Anyone have it with a turned van?

Thanks!

#6114 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

For those with the Mezel Technodrome, is the bottom cut out to fit around the edge of the van? It almost looks that way in some pics, but I'm not sure. I have my van turned to face forward, and couldn't bring myself to put it back in the stock position, so I am concerned there would be a weird cut out shape on the bottom right of the Technodrome if I bought it.
Thanks!

I kept the van in its stock position with the technodrome mod, but if you go back 15 or so pages, there were a few guys that turned the van like you did and had no issue with the mod.

#6115 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks!

I couldn't get mine to fit on the Pro. I was really worried about breaking the ramp. Disappointed b/c it's a cool mod but every pin is different. They refunded no problem.

#6116 3 years ago

When the balls come flying out of the van, 4/5 of the time they all go right down the middle... is there an adjustment for the van at all? My playfield is level right to left. Thanks all!

#6117 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I kept the van in its stock position with the technodrome mod, but if you go back 15 or so pages, there were a few guys that turned the van like you did and had no issue with the mod.

Yeah I found a couple pics now, thanks. Looks like you can definitely see a cut-out that was intended to go around the van. Bummer as I think that would drive me nuts. Not sure I can talk myself into putting the van back in the stock position.

#6118 3 years ago

I have the technodrome and was debating on turning the van so it looked like it was driving away from it.

I do see the cutouts that it has for the van so it might not look the best. Just need something that looks like explosions to cover it up.

#6119 3 years ago
Quoted from Caponesfriend:

can any one tell me if there is a super skill shot of ball 1 like iron maiden, i have a le
thanks very much guys

No, just the skill shots per turtle.

#6120 3 years ago

Has anyone here done a playfield swap or received a replacement playfield from Stern? Did Stern provide any instructions? I'm trying to install a playfield protector (I know it's not necessary, it's dumb, etc) and I'm replacing all my rubbers and that requires practically a full teardown anyway. I would love some instructions if anyone has them. I've gotten as far as the Dimension X ramp and the clear plastic ramps/technodrome/backboard area and some guidance as to item removal order would be nice.

#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah I found a couple pics now, thanks. Looks like you can definitely see a cut-out that was intended to go around the van. Bummer as I think that would drive me nuts. Not sure I can talk myself into putting the van back in the stock position.

Yes mine has a cut out. Managed to get it in with van in stock position but it was not easy. Had to use a drill to widen to slots in the technodrome so the posts would fit

#6122 3 years ago

In the Premium/LE, there's a long metal arm that goes into the van from below the playfield which opens and closes the door. It’s connected to a large linear actuator. To remove the van, this entire assembly apparently gets unscrewed from underneath and passed up through the playfield while still connected to the van. Wild.

Edit: the sheer ingenuity of the whole thing is pretty cool. Pretty much tearing down the top of an entire playfield felt scary, but seeing how everything fits together has made me less apprehensive about handling issues that arise and - gasp - doing it again in a few years to give it a good clean.

I’ll try to put up a video soon so that anyone else who needs to take off the ramps, van, backboard - or wants to replace all the rubber - has some reference.

#6123 3 years ago

Mine is coming together pretty well. I'm really happy with it. Still need a TMNT sign at the top.

Used some magnets and base to easily remove it. These worked great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B8BJP8V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

This is the shelf I used. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085T177TF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00

PXL_20210223_232330534 (resized).jpgPXL_20210223_232330534 (resized).jpg

Thanks for the tips.

#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Mine is coming together pretty well. I'm really happy with it. Still need a TMNT sign at the top.
Used some magnets and base to easily remove it. These worked great. amazon.com link »
This is the shelf I used. amazon.com link »
[quoted image]
Thanks for the tips.

GIDDYUP! Fantastic.

#6125 3 years ago

Used some magnets and base to easily remove it. These worked great. amazon.com link »
[quoted image]
Thanks for the tips.

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!
Amazing work man

#6126 3 years ago

Got the TMNT Pro a week ago and love it. So much action and so much fun. Best Pro ever IMO.

One thing I wonder - I find it hard to make more than one inner loop shot with the upper left flipper. It feels slow or weak. I changed flipper power to the same as the other two flippers, which helped a little. Still missing a lot of shots though. Is it me being slow or can I do any other adjustment?

#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Got the TMNT Pro a week ago and love it. So much action and so much fun. Best Pro ever IMO.
One thing I wonder - I find it hard to make more than one inner loop shot with the upper left flipper. It feels slow or weak. I changed flipper power to the same as the other two flippers, which helped a little. Still missing a lot of shots though. Is it me being slow or can I do any other adjustment?

The upper flipper does not activate until you push in the flipper button further, so it may feel a little slower. You can just push the flipper button faster though. Other than that, there may be a mechanical issue as well on your machine, so you could inspect the flavor mechanics on the underside.

#6128 3 years ago

[quoted image]
Thanks for the tips.

For those of you making this glorious topper....what is the height of it? I have my machines in a spot in my basement where there is an overhead vent so I only have about 7 inches of space on top. Looks too big? ):

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

For those of you making this glorious topper....what is the height of it? I have my machines in a spot in my basement where there is an overhead vent so I only have about 7 inches of space on top. Looks too big? ):

The Tall figures (Raph and Mike) are 10" tall. The short ones (Leo & Don) are 7.5". And that's not including the metal base or magnets. The sewer cover can be adjusted however you want since it's just a big circle.

#6130 3 years ago

[quoted image]
Thanks for the tips.

Update on those magnets. The magnets are extremely powerful. However the 3M adhesive they have that came with it does not work very well. I may try them again but let them sit a little before putting them back up there at that angle.

Came home to Mike on the floor as well as the sewer cover. the others were still up there but Raph was leaning forward. Good thing they weren't too heavy since Mike definitely fell on the glass.

#6131 3 years ago

Update on those magnets. The magnets are extremely powerful. However the 3M adhesive they have that came with it does not work very well. I may try them again but let them sit a little before putting them back up there at that angle.
Came home to Mike on the floor as well as the sewer cover. the others were still up there but Raph was leaning forward. Good thing they weren't too heavy since Mike definitely fell on the glass.

I'm glad nothing broke! Coming home to broken glass would be earth shattering (pun intended).

#6132 3 years ago

I did a few things to stop this after trial and error.

Extra brace on the back to give support for the sewer cover. These hardware pieces were under $2 in the lumber section at Lowe's (mending plates?).
IMG_6874 (resized).JPGIMG_6874 (resized).JPG

This prevents "cover droop" from adding the sign w/plenty of adhesive (I'll probably replace w/gorilla tape, FYI)
IMG_6881 (resized).JPGIMG_6881 (resized).JPG

I also made sure the sides were secure w/corner braces. Not going anywhere.
Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.16.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.16.33 PM (resized).png

For magnets, I used these. The 3M tape included seems really good.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0772PFC89/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00
Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.18.40 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.18.40 PM (resized).png

Truth be told, I just don't know if there is any effect on the limited electronics in the backbox w/having the magnets nearby, so I did buy some shielding to install on the inside top of the backbox. Anyone have insight? I'm not sure this is needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HDL0M8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00
Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.23.01 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.23.01 PM (resized).png

So I'd recommend putting everything together but just leaving in on a table for a few days. This way you'll be sure your design will stay together before you put it on top of the $6000 toy. At first, I had "sign droop" and it knocked one Turtle over.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.27.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.27.37 PM (resized).png

#6133 3 years ago

Epic first ball. Thought I was going to get there.

6C14841C-D33B-4B04-9EFD-9B2FCB5BDF39 (resized).jpeg6C14841C-D33B-4B04-9EFD-9B2FCB5BDF39 (resized).jpeg9C7DB4D0-FFEE-4D5E-AE05-2F6C08BE9554 (resized).jpeg9C7DB4D0-FFEE-4D5E-AE05-2F6C08BE9554 (resized).jpeg
#6134 3 years ago

Loving this game! Finished modding and replacing most of the rubber with glow in the dark titans. It's lots of green and I love it!

PXL_20210226_064336722 (resized).jpgPXL_20210226_064336722 (resized).jpgPXL_20210226_064410504 (resized).jpgPXL_20210226_064410504 (resized).jpg
#6135 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Loving this game! Finished modding and replacing most of the rubber with glow in the dark titans. It's lots of green and I love it!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love it. How different does it play? Bouncy?

I like the lockdown bar button cover. Where's that from?

#6136 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That thing looks great, love the flipper buttons, and speaker are lights match up great.

#6137 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Love it. How different does it play? Bouncy?
I like the lockdown bar button cover. Where's that from?

The lockdown cover is from tilt graphics. Nice quality piece.

Play actually feels more controlled. I'd actually say more grip rather than more bounce.

#6138 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the foot value that increases with the spinner affects anything other than 1-2-3 Foot?

Is there any benefit to increasing that value after you've completed 1-2-3 Foot?

#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Does anyone know if the foot value that increases with the spinner affects anything other than 1-2-3 Foot?

Is there any benefit to increasing that value after you've completed 1-2-3 Foot?

No and no, as far as I can tell. Which is a shame. 123 Foot could definitely use a couple of small tweaks to make it feel more complete.

#6140 3 years ago

I joined the club yesterday, adding a low play TMNT Pro that I bought from a local friend to the collection. I didn't have time to put any plays on it since I set it up. I look forward to playing it today after I get out of work. This is a fun looking playfield layout.

20210227_065823 (resized).jpg20210227_065823 (resized).jpg
#6141 3 years ago

Damn, had final battle lit, hit the last April hurry up to qualify cowabunga and the ball found its way off the 2x (I think) and SDTM during all the flashing!
Gah!
Oh well I know I can get there.
3 ball game with 2 extra.

#6142 3 years ago

What's the word on Krang mods? Borrowing a premium from a friend and shouldn't like Krang but holy cow, it cracks us up. Really would like to spend pro money if there is a way to add a similar Krang to the mix instead of going bigger just for a silly jumping brain.

#6143 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

What's the word on Krang mods? Borrowing a premium from a friend and shouldn't like Krang but holy cow, it cracks us up. Really would like to spend pro money if there is a way to add a similar Krang to the mix instead of going bigger just for a silly jumping brain.

People have added a similar looking krang and lot him up. He doesn’t jump or anything but if you go to pics you’ll see some in here

This Post is the diy https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/50#post-5800710

BCBE5B8C-C56A-4E28-91B3-692C2D0DABD8 (resized).pngBCBE5B8C-C56A-4E28-91B3-692C2D0DABD8 (resized).png
#6144 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

People have added a similar looking krang and lot him up. He doesn’t jump or anything but if you go to pics you’ll see some in here

Yeah, we offer a neca krang that is tied to the pop bumper flasher, but there is a post in this thread where someone spliced into the wiring to mimic the premium/le. We have one of these neca krangs left and that will be it as they have become too hard to find in any kind of quantity. We may get a few in periodically, but generally this will be it for this mod from us so last call if anyone was on the fence.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-interactive-krang

#6145 3 years ago

Looks like there is a price for that Stern box. $49.96. No idea when it'll actually be up for sale tho.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6146 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, we offer a neca krang that is tied to the pop bumper flasher, but there is a post in this thread where someone spliced into the wiring to mimic the premium/le. We have one of these neca krangs left and that will be it as they have become too hard to find in any kind of quantity. We may get a few in periodically, but generally this will be it for this mod from us so last call if anyone was on the fence.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-interactive-krang

Just installed him and digging the addition to the machine, thanks Lermods! Someone grab that last one. Easy to install, great addition to the game

#6147 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Just installed him and digging the addition to the machine, thanks Lermods! Someone grab that last one. Easy to install, great addition to the game

It’s gone, we are sold out. If people find one and they want to send it to me to mod, I can do it.

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s gone, we are sold out. If people find one and they want to send it to me to mod, I can do it.

Ooooh ok this makes me feel better. Definitely hoping to snag one if I go Pro on this!

#6149 3 years ago

Holy crap, this game is a blast. Get the low scoring out of your brain, stay in the game and it's got so much energy. The shots are like butter but challenging. Callouts are over the top nostalgia goofiness - same for the music. And my wife loves playing co-op mode with me.

I know I'm preaching to the choir in here, but this pin is underrated imo.

#6150 3 years ago

Sad, the shelf for the statue topper came in today and somehow I got a 36inch wide shelf which is WAY to wide. I swear I bought the smaller one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,999.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/123?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.