(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 241.
#5951 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I've gotten that bug once. No mods.

I spent a fair bit of time investigating as we had plenty of reset issues with our machine when we got it. The game also took a long time to start up. I think some of the resets would be caused by a faulty servo. You can tell if your servo is faulty, it will tremble or not work at all and cause the machine to reset. We have not had any reset issues since we updated to the latest code.

Cracker of a game. Well done John Borg, Zombi, Dwight and the rest of the crew at Stern.

#5952 3 years ago

Good point. This is all you need.
[quoted image]
Couldn’t resist a quick test. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

so sick!

#5953 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I already fell in, the statues and sewer cover arrived today. Hoping to figure out a way to mount it all soon lol.

Just when I finally had the balls to say "no, I don't need it", someone posts the statues on sale at GS. Damn you. I'm in.

#5954 3 years ago

[quoted image]
Couldn’t resist a quick test. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is awesome. I'm a little jealous for sure. I'm making a TMNT Blimp topper as soon as my 3D printer arrives. I'll probably sell some prints to offset the cost of the printer and the model I had designed. Leave room for a blimp!

IMG_4622 (resized).jpgIMG_4622 (resized).jpg
#5955 3 years ago

To all you shaker owners - What is your opinion on the current shaker use? Seems pretty thin to me other than the start of Pizza Multiball where it is too much. I'd like to see more integration of it in future code.

#5956 3 years ago

Ok I think we have a winner for the topper base. This is a steel shelf inverted. Add a couple magnets a done. This won’t move. Actually I think 2 magnets is plenty.
Now the shelf is 8 inches deep, but that’s a good thing. It will allow airflow true the existing vents in the back box. We’ll just build up a spacer with some foam on the lower portion of the manhole. The plan is NOT to have to cut the manhole cover.
I prefer the shelf to be black so I may order another.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got a link to the shelf? I think you're right with padded magnets that looks like it would be really secure. Have you planned lighting out yet?

#5957 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Got a link to the shelf? I think you're right with padded magnets that looks like it would be really secure. Have you planned lighting out yet?

Here’s the shelf. Need 24x8 steel
Made in USA by DIY CARTEL -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GDV55GQ

Lighting I have kind of planned. Open to ideas but want to use Rock Custom Pinball’s power supply since it doesn’t utilize game power, but uses the service outlet.

56B1C26F-D042-4C3B-89DB-99E33D19AB00 (resized).jpeg56B1C26F-D042-4C3B-89DB-99E33D19AB00 (resized).jpeg
#5958 3 years ago

Here’s the shelf. Need 24x8 steel
Made in USA by DIY CARTEL -... amazon.com link »
Lighting I have kind of planned. Open to ideas but want to use Rock Custom Pinball’s power supply since it doesn’t utilize game power, but uses the service outlet.[quoted image]

Is there a reason you went with that one and not a black one like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085TF5SL6/ref=crt_ewc_title_huc_1

#5959 3 years ago

Homemade topper complete, I might add sewer lid and logo and eventually lights . But for now,I’m pretty happy with this! Simple yet effective !! Can’t believe the price of stern topper.

587C386F-0700-43D9-BCBA-1B7A92B1A470 (resized).jpeg587C386F-0700-43D9-BCBA-1B7A92B1A470 (resized).jpeg74055FA1-417D-4324-980D-1A4409E6A468 (resized).jpeg74055FA1-417D-4324-980D-1A4409E6A468 (resized).jpeg7D731A5C-E919-496B-BB4B-1426877FD651 (resized).jpeg7D731A5C-E919-496B-BB4B-1426877FD651 (resized).jpegC4FCE63F-7113-4E92-BF42-FB7B3D389BB3 (resized).jpegC4FCE63F-7113-4E92-BF42-FB7B3D389BB3 (resized).jpeg
#5960 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Is there a reason you went with that one and not a black one like this: amazon.com link »

Yes. When I ordered I *thought* it looked darker! I've been looking through SO many choices. You have NO idea! If I don't like it I can easily return it.

I did order that EXACT same one as a replacement since I've proved the concept. These suckers are heavy!

#5961 3 years ago

FRESH. NEW. SDTM.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) In-Depth Pinball Machine Review

#5962 3 years ago

Looking for insight from long time owners.
I bought TMNT Pro in July, sold early September.
Has the code improved vastly since September? (I know I could read the files but im lazy some times)
Im leaning towards getting one again just looking for your opinions.
Reason I sold was I felt the scoring was just off.

#5963 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

FRESH. NEW. SDTM.

Ooh!

#5964 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Looking for insight from long time owners.
I bought TMNT Pro in July, sold early September.
Has the code improved vastly since September? (I know I could read the files but im lazy some times)
Im leaning towards getting one again just looking for your opinions.
Reason I sold was I felt the scoring was just off.

Scoring is still weird, but for me the challenging layout and insane amount of tasks to reach the end of the game are what keep me coming back, the scoring is kind of negligible. I wouldn't buy it again if scoring was enough for you to sell it in the first place.

#5965 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

FRESH. NEW. SDTM.

Nice! Watching now. Thanks

#5966 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

FRESH. NEW. SDTM.

I agree with really all of this. It's such a good game. Difficult but fun. I wouldn't go far as to say "fair" because hey it's tough. "Play better" I guess.

I would love to have the Turtle Power MB start on my Pro, but not the diverter. Just not needed. I love the Pro. Beautiful pin. Best Stern Pro in years.

#5967 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Scoring is still weird, but for me the challenging layout and insane amount of tasks to reach the end of the game are what keep me coming back, the scoring is kind of negligible. I wouldn't buy it again if scoring was enough for you to sell it in the first place.

Agreed. You kind of have to imagine an extra ‘0’ at the end of the score if you want to make sense with some other Sterns.

But there’s just a ton to do in the game, and since we have Regular, Co-op, Teams, Final Battle Wizard game, and now Half Shell race mini game, there’s more ways to enjoy this single machine than arguably any other game on the market.

#5968 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Agreed. You kind of have to imagine an extra ‘0’ at the end of the score if you want to make sense with some other Sterns.
But there’s just a ton to do in the game, and since we have Regular, Co-op, Teams, Final Battle Wizard game, and now Half Shell race mini game, there’s more ways to enjoy this single machine than arguably any other game on the market.

That’s for sure, this game has loads of depth and different ways to approach it, so never boring, just fun to shoot.

#5969 3 years ago

[quoted image]

How do you play while holding the topper in place????

#5970 3 years ago

For anyone considering closing down the left outline a little by replacing the existing metal post and ring with something larger - don’t. I tried with the next size up post and ring but it was too much and turned the outlane into a ball trap. I’m working on an appropriate solution.

C1BB76C7-E292-4C53-B8A6-A833267EC599 (resized).jpegC1BB76C7-E292-4C53-B8A6-A833267EC599 (resized).jpeg

#5971 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

How do you play while holding the topper in place????

Not gonna lie, the games are shorter.

#5972 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

For anyone considering closing down the left outline a little by replacing the existing metal post and ring with something larger - don’t. I tried with the next size up post and ring but it was too much and turned the outlane into a ball trap. I’m working on an appropriate solution.

That siamese post people have been using looks like it does the trick, have you looked into that?

Something like this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C

#5973 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

KRANG MOD GUIDE (pro model)
I am very proud and i hope you enjoy this mod too, it came out way better than i thought.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Buy this Toy: Neca Donatello vs Krang
[quoted image]
Cut the back of Krang for the LED illumination
Drill a hole in Krangs mechsuit in the size of a LED Socket and hot glue it from the back later. Make sure you do not glue where the LED has to be attached, for a good electrical connection and you can swap LEDs later too. I did use a cold white 8 SMD LED, make sure Krang has enough room in the mechsuit too because of the LED inside. Glue Krangs arms into his mechsuit, so they don't get lost.
The LED connection has to be solderd on the red LED of the Krang insert. So Krang will light up when you shoot the center loop, he does his call outs or the Krang shot Hurry up is running. You can see the two blue heat shrink tubings, those are the cables I cut and where I soldered in the Krang cables too, make sure you don't mix +/- connection. You always can go into LED test in the settings, make sure to press the coin door switch, otherwise the LED test will not work.
[quoted image]
I attached the toy with a cable clamp, just make sure the toys feet don't get under the pop bumper.

Many thanks for the DIY Krang instructions! I followed them exactly as you stated except I used T Taps to splice the wires instead of soldering them.

IMG_7472 (resized).jpgIMG_7472 (resized).jpgIMG_7479 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_7479 (1) (resized).jpg
#5974 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

More attractive if you swap it yourself for future sales sake. Plus if you wanted it replaced, why not replace it when it arrives?
What was wrong with it?

Nothing is wrong with the current playfield, it just has the bad print job that many others had. Stern sent me a replacement which has been in process since august and currently I’m planning on moving so that’s a big job to tackle and I don’t have any time to make the swap. Personally, I would use the existing playfield for now then swap it out down the road then make the old playfield wall art when the time comes.

#5975 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

More attractive if you swap it yourself for future sales sake. Plus if you wanted it replaced, why not replace it when it arrives?

I've got a replacement playfield on the way and my plan is to either let the clearcoat cure for a few months or get it re-cleared and then install it. I'm in no hurry to replace a playfield and I can just play it and not worry about any playfield issues and wear for now.

#5976 3 years ago

Would really be nice to have a code update from Stern to fix the Final Wizard mode voice lines. thank you.

#5977 3 years ago

I have a TMNT Pro. Is anyone having problems with pizza multi ball? Seems like the last few games I've played the lock will either let out 3 balls and not plunge a 4th ball as I believe it should or the lock lets out 2 balls and plunges a 3rd ball. My pin is on code 1.41. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

#5978 3 years ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

I have a TMNT Pro. Is anyone having problems with pizza multi ball? Seems like the last few games I've played the lock will either let out 3 balls and not plunge a 4th ball as I believe it should or the lock lets out 2 balls and plunges a 3rd ball. My pin is on code 1.41. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

A 4th ball is only plunged if you have a Gummy Bear topping (and 5 balls if 2 Gummy Bears etc). Not sure about why it would only lock 2 balls and plunge the 3rd unless you are playing multi-player or co-op possibly.

#5979 3 years ago

DaddyManD Thank you Sir, that is what I was telling my wife last night is I thought it depended on your topping. She insisted that pizza multi ball always included 4 balls. Appreciate the help!

#5980 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Would really be nice to have a code update from Stern to fix the Final Wizard mode voice lines.

I was thinking the same thing, it's actually what reminded me to check out the customized code that is out there. I've installed custom code twice, and both times a new update came from Stern within the week, so fingers crossed!

#5981 3 years ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

Thank you Sir, that is what I was telling my wife last night is I thought it depended on your topping. She insisted that pizza multi ball always included 4 balls. Appreciate the help!

On the Pro, you can start NPMB with up to 3 Gummy Bear toppings and have a 6 ball multiball. On the Prem, I believe you can have up to 5 gummy bears for an 8 ball multiball, but I could be wrong about that one.

#5982 3 years ago

My glider fell off is their a trick to get it back on ?

#5983 3 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

Kind of annoying but it screws on from underneath, so I can't fathom a way to get it back on without taking the whole glider assembly apart. It's not too difficult of a job at least. disconnect the wires under the PF , remove the two lower habitrails and then the 3 screws holding the platform down.

#5984 3 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I am getting an upper ball lock malfunction on my pro.

Sometimes the balls don't come out during Ninja Pizza multiball. Any idea what the problem could be? This just started happening recently, I wonder if a screw came lose or something..

#5985 3 years ago

Check to see if your balls are magnetized, that’s usually the culprit. Replace them with some new carbon steel ones. Titan pinball, pinball life, or ball baron seem to be good.

Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi Everyone!
Sometimes the balls don't come out during Ninja Pizza multiball. Any idea what the problem could be? This just started happening recently, I wonder if a screw came lose or something..

#5986 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi Everyone!

Have you changed the stock balls to ones that dont get magnetized?

#5987 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi Everyone!

agree with the suggestions to buy different pinballs. Mine did this right out of box for the first week. Switched to Titan standard pinballs and have not had it happen in 6 months since. Thanks to Cary Hardy and those on the forum who made the suggestion.

#5988 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Kind of annoying but it screws on from underneath, so I can't fathom a way to get it back on without taking the whole glider assembly apart. It's not too difficult of a job at least. disconnect the wires under the PF , remove the two lower habitrails and then the 3 screws holding the platform down.

Thanks!

#5989 3 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

Depends in the tools you have.
I have a 90° ratcheting screwdriver, I took the one screw out underneath and pulled the mount off and put it all back together.
May be able to do it with a 1/4" socket and #2 bit.
Just make sure you get the servo arm back in the same position, the rest of the parts are slotted so easy to put back in place.

#5990 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

agree with the suggestions to buy different pinballs. Mine did this right out of box for the first week. Switched to Titan standard pinballs and have not had it happen in 6 months since. Thanks to Cary Hardy and those on the forum who made the suggestion.

Thank you so much everyone for the help. I'm glad it was something easy! I'll order new balls right away.

#5991 3 years ago

I updated my machine to 1.4. I noticed that the shaker motor goes ballistic at the start of Ninja Pizza Multiball as the balls spin on the pizza. I really enjoy the shaker motor, but this is too much. Is there any way to deactivate the shaker motor in settings only for this one scene during NPMB?

#5992 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I updated my machine to 1.4. I noticed that the shaker motor goes ballistic at the start of Ninja Pizza Multiball as the balls spin on the pizza. I really enjoy the shaker motor, but this is too much. Is there any way to deactivate the shaker motor in settings only for this one scene during NPMB?

I'm with you. My next step is to change the shaker setting from "Maximum" to "Moderate" and see how that works. I'm comparing how the shaker is used in my #the_walking_dead , which is sublimely integrated.

#5993 3 years ago

After ball 1...
[quoted image]
After ball 5 (I earned two extra)
[quoted image]

How???

#5994 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I'm with you. My next step is to change the shaker setting from "Maximum" to "Moderate" and see how that works. I'm comparing how the shaker is used in my The Walking Dead (Pro) , which is sublimely integrated.

Myself and a few others had asked for a change in shaker settings for this reason and with last code update this was meant to happen. However, at least in my experience with the new code update, changing the setting to moderate or low did not help at start of Pizza MB. I resorted to changing the angle on one of the weights with an allen key (they are adjustable) and this did the trick. Now its just right and still the most intense shaker moment in any of my pins.

#5995 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Myself and a few others had asked for a change in shaker settings for this reason and with last code update this was meant to happen. However, at least in my experience with the new code update, changing the setting to moderate or low did not help at start of Pizza MB. I resorted to changing the angle on one of the weights with an allen key (they are adjustable) and this did the trick. Now its just right and still the most intense shaker moment in any of my pins.

This was mentioned when the topic was first brought up. No need for code change when an adjustment is all that’s needed.
All my shakers are pinballlife and no adjustments needed worked great out of the box on all my stern pins!

#5996 3 years ago

I assume this is “How come you stink?” And I have no answer.

#5997 3 years ago

I assume this is “How come you stink?” And I have no answer.

Hahaha what was your strategy to get such a huge score?

#5998 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Hahaha what was your strategy to get such a huge score?

I can easily wind up with 5,600 points on a single ball on this game. However I think the easiest path to start is choosing Donny then leading off with Turtle Power Multiball right out of the gate. It’s tough to dial in shots on this game, and I almost look at that turtle power multiball is practice.

#5999 3 years ago

I can easily wind up with 5,600 points on a single ball on this game. However I think the easiest path to start is choosing Donny then leading off with Turtle Power Multiball right out of the gate. It’s tough to dial in shots on this game, and I almost look at that turtle power multiball is practice.

I like to use Donny also but i collect the left ramp then start the 123 combo and collect the right ramp and start a mode. Then i start Turtle Mball during the mode. At least this is what i try to do with Donny. Ive only hit 95 million as my GC so far and havent made it to final battle yet.

#6000 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I like to use Donny also but i collect the left ramp then start the 123 combo and collect the right ramp and start a mode. Then i start Turtle Mball during the mode. At least this is what i try to do with Donny. Ive only hit 95 million as my GC so far and havent made it to final battle yet.

That’s absolutely ideal. I try to do it but don’t succeed often.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/120?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.