(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 240.
#501 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Close playfield pics
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the close ups. Looks the same as newer JP’s with slightly raised inserts / less clear.

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Just set up #131 and added some mini turtles I picked up. Game is great so far!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Where did you buy those?

#503 3 years ago

Day 1 and the game is fun . I am getting a better understanding if it pretty quick.

I had to make an adjustment to the glider as it was not returning to to center and was blocking the ball path.

No dimples as of day 1 . I will update in a day or so. Time will tell.

Have a fun and safe 4th weekend .
Keep Flipping.

4E04003E-3D5B-4E77-AF8C-AF4AA499CB11 (resized).jpeg4E04003E-3D5B-4E77-AF8C-AF4AA499CB11 (resized).jpeg
#504 3 years ago

Man, I’m bummed my LE didn’t arrive before the holiday weekend. Seems I chose poorly with dealers.

To those that got them, congrats, they’re looking great!

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Day 1 and the game is fun . I am getting a better understanding if it pretty quick.
I had to make an adjustment to the glider as it was not returning to to center and was blocking the ball path.
No dimples as of day 1 . I will update in a day or so. Time will tell.
Have a fun and safe 4th weekend .
Keep Flipping.
[quoted image]

Nice combo. I'm hoping to have the same very soon....tmnt and RM

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice combo. I'm hoping to have the same very soon....tmnt and RM

Great combo, you will love it.

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice! Where did you buy those?

eBay, search “ninja turtles mini 2003”

Looks like they’re drying up, here’s a link to an example: ebay.com link: TMNT MINI 2 25 Action Figure Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 Lot Of 2

#508 3 years ago

Just want to let everyone know that I spoke with Stern personally and I convinced them to run the TMNT premiums next. So those who are waiting on your Pro sorry. Lol.

#509 3 years ago

Not funny!!! (Nervous laughter)

#510 3 years ago

My Pro is being delivered tomorrow! Great 4th of July present!

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Just want to let everyone know that I spoke with Stern personally and I convinced them to run the TMNT premiums next. So those who are waiting on your Pro sorry. Lol.

You serious Clark?

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#513 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

You serious Clark?

Just doing my part.

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Close playfield pics
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thanks for the images!
is this clear coat chipping?
and what is that circle?

thanks!

fdsa1 (resized).jpgfdsa1 (resized).jpg
#515 3 years ago

Second photo: It's the mylar ring the OEM put in place to prevent wear from the spin of the ball.

#517 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thanks for the images!
is this clear coat chipping?
and what is that circle?
thanks![quoted image]

I investigated the first picture. It was like plastic shavings. Must of come off the edge of a plastic that didn’t have a completely cleaned edge ... or something. They picked up immediately and came from something else.

2nd pic is the edge of the Mylar protecting the surface around the pizza spinning disc.

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I investigated the first picture. It was like plastic shavings. Must of come off the edge of a plastic that didn’t have a completely cleaned edge ... or something. They picked up immediately and came from something else.
2nd pic is the edge of the Mylar protecting the surface around the pizza spinning disc.

thanks, I'm a littlebit concerned as you can see

#519 3 years ago

Anyone else having issues hitting the right ramp and then the game thinks you've drained?

#520 3 years ago

really hoping my LE comes in this week. Paid the rest of the balance a week ago. My distributer only got 1 LE so Im guessing he is not high up on the priority list....

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Anyone else having issues hitting the right ramp and then the game thinks you've drained?

We have had this happen twice, I assume it is a bug in the code that will be worked out.

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thanks, I'm a littlebit concerned as you can see

yup, wanted to get an answer to you quickly.

#523 3 years ago

This is a #prouddad moment:

#524 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

This is a #prouddad moment:

Super cute moment, I love it when my kids want to get involved with my pins, admittedly that usually means crawling inside and playing with the box rather than the pin but still fun for all the family

#525 3 years ago

Here I was thinking the LEs hadn’t shipped yet... I put my deposit in the day the leaked pics surfaced and sent my cashiers check two weeks ago - still no machine.

#526 3 years ago

This game is special everyone! Just so much fun. My wife and I and 2 other guys streamed for about 3 hours last night and we only played coop. Couldn't get enough of it. Thanks chuckwurt for stopping in on the stream. It was a lot of fun! Game is going to be hard to get to Cowabunga. I just want to keep hitting that start button.

Here is the link to the stream. Fun game!

https://www.twitch.tv/spacecitypinball/video/669345555

#527 3 years ago

That stream was great! Can’t wait to get time on a premium or LE.

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That stream was great! Can’t wait to get time on a premium or LE.

If you lived just a LITTLE closer you could come play ours!

#529 3 years ago

Anyone else’s left insert on the apron not lighting up? My + and - were mixed up and I had to re solder the two on the LED board. Not sure how you don’t notice that part is out during QC, then again, it took me over 24 hours to notice.

#530 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Anyone else’s left insert on the apron not lighting up? My + and - were mixed up and I had to re solder the two on the LED board. Not sure how you don’t notice that part is out during QC, then again, it took me over 24 hours to notice.

Mine works.

#531 3 years ago

LEDs can flicker from factory due to cheap led sockets, had this on 2 machines. especially the lights under the inlane guids.

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I had the same thing with an apron LED board wired backward on my JP. It shouldn't get past QC, but it does. The pro models don't have the lit aprons so maybe the testers aren't used to checking those lights all the time.

Rob

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

LEDs can flicker from factory due to cheap led sockets, had this on 2 machines. especially the lights under the inlane guids.

It's usually not the sockets, but the bulbs themselves. They just don't hold up against the vibration of the flippers and the resistor inside of them probably breaks. These sockets are mounted right under the flipper plates and not simple to get to. I wish Stern would fix this long standing issue, if it can be fixed. I hate flickering LED lights under the inlane plastics. Replacing the bulb fixes the flickering - for a while anyhow.

Rob

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's usually not the sockets, but the bulbs themselves. They just don't hold up against the vibration of the flippers and the resistor inside of them probably breaks. These sockets are mounted right under the flipper plates and not simple to get to. I wish Stern would fix this long standing issue, if it can be fixed. I hate flickering LED lights under the inlane plastics. Replacing the bulb fixes the flickering - for a while anyhow.
Rob

it didn't do the job for me, i guess i have to solder the sockets, they went loose.

#535 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

it didn't do the job for me, i guess i have to solder the sockets, they went loose.

Post a picture of your problem area. Maybe we can spot something out of the norm for you. Top pic and under the playfield would be best.

-Frank

#536 3 years ago

How are the play fields and ramp flaps holding up. Hoping there are some improvements over stranger things.

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

How are the play fields and ramp flaps holding up. Hoping there are some improvements over stranger things.

After a few days and a lot of mutants playing I am happy to say the ramps and playfields are Holding strong.

My stranger things pro was showing much more at this point in ownership. I am happy.

The trim is amazing.

-Frank

BA31AC88-E870-4CB6-84A8-D0F56F0E9A7F (resized).jpegBA31AC88-E870-4CB6-84A8-D0F56F0E9A7F (resized).jpeg5C34E717-F830-4356-A266-B9A02601469E (resized).jpeg5C34E717-F830-4356-A266-B9A02601469E (resized).jpeg7204695B-BCFD-44E6-8D56-4213CC002F40 (resized).jpeg7204695B-BCFD-44E6-8D56-4213CC002F40 (resized).jpeg
#538 3 years ago

I really hope they come up with an option to cancel multiball. Pizza ball is a little too easy to fire off

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I really hope they come up with an option to cancel multiball. Pizza ball is a little too easy to fire off

What are your thoughts on the 1,2,3 foot ?

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

Here I was thinking the LEs hadn’t shipped yet... I put my deposit in the day the leaked pics surfaced and sent my cashiers check two weeks ago - still no machine.

Im in same boat as you! Dunno if stern has finished the Le run yet....

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

If you go through the settings, I know you can make the modes harder or easier. Default setting is medium. I have not gone through the entire menu/settings yet but there is probably some type of multiball adjustment.

#542 3 years ago

The middle button is barely used on the pro. It would be cool if they added an option to save multiball or 123 by hitting the button.

#543 3 years ago

We just put ours out on location today! Been a fun weekend banging on it at home. Hope no one licks the lockdown bar...

MVIMG_20200705_091636 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200705_091636 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200705_091648 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200705_091648 (resized).jpg
#544 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What are your thoughts on the 1,2,3 foot ?

1 2 3 FOOT combo -
- Completing 1 2 3 is a prerequisite for Cowabunga.
- Once you have 1 2 3 completed it will not light any more at ball start. So you can focus on other stuff.
- PICT O POPs may light 1 2 3. In a future release I will make it so PictOPops does not light it if you dont need it.
- 1 2 3 can be worth lots of points. The spinner builds the value. The first shot awards 1X, the 2nd 2X and the 3rd 3X the value. So thats a total of 6X whatever shows on the FOOT symbol of the UI.

Multiball difficulty -
I will add adjustments so that the two main multiballs can be made harder if desired.

Thanks for the feedback!

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 2 3 FOOT combo -
- Once you have 1 2 3 completed it will not light any more at ball start. So you can focus on other stuff.
- PICT O POPs may light 1 2 3. In a future release I will make it so PictOPops does not light it if you dont need it.
- 1 2 3 can be worth lots of points. The spinner builds the value. The first shot awards 1X, the 2nd 2X and the 3rd 3X the value. So thats a total of 6X whatever shows on the FOOT symbol of the UI.
Multiball difficulty -
I will add adjustments so that the two main multiballs can be made harder if desired.
Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for clearing this up. Any chance of being able to have ramp shots count towards lighting an episode during 123 foot?

Also being able to start an episode after other things have begun. 123 or weapon ect

I’m an ok player definitely not advanced but I’m having an extremely hard time getting to episodes during the game.

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 2 3 FOOT combo -

Multiball difficulty -
Thanks for the feedback!

Awesome, I am really happy with what you have accomplished with this Pin keep up the good work!!

-Frank

#547 3 years ago

Put up 35 million. Felt good!

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 2 3 FOOT combo -

Multiball difficulty -
Thanks for the feedback!

Not to pick but can we also get a more notable que when a topping is collected or the ability to collect more toppings and a cancel on the multiball for a risk reward? You can only cancel once etc

#549 3 years ago

Code has grown on me this weekend. Nice job Dwight. Took a bit to get into but i am enjoying it a lot more!

Once you get turtle power multiball, how do you get it a 2nd time?

Also does the game have a mini wizard mode when completing any of shredders missions? Or half of the missions?

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 2 3 FOOT combo -

Multiball difficulty -
Thanks for the feedback!

Xaqery I for one think your code design on this game is great! We are really loving it. I do not mind having multiball easy to get to for I really am only focusing on my cowabunga objectives (jackpoto Grande and 3x Mondo) when I am in those multiballs. It is nice that if I miss those objectives I do not have to grind to re light my locks. It is nice that I can easily get back in there. Your Max Krang Combo and 3x Mondo Jackpot objectives are brutal! I love it though. You took this layout and made a majority of the cowabunga objectives to be all done with combos. Great implementation and thought out. The family is loving the coop mode and we appreciate the work you and your team put into this game. Couple of suggestions/questions

1. Any tips on April hurry ups. I find this one to be a hard objective on collecting 5. I guess I am not going for the April stand up that much but I need to get in the habit of doing so for it lights a battle again which is really useful. I do like how you have to start a mode to get April going again. So I guess I answered my own question that I need to try and get at least one April hurry up per mode.
2. Let's say you have all of your objectives complete by ball 3 except for Foot 123. If you start on Foot 123 but then miss it, will there be a way other than the pict o pops to re light 123? It would be a bummer if you miss it on ball 3 and then there is no way to get to Cowabunga. Thanks Dwight!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
6,000 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/11?hl=airball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.