(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 240.
#5701 3 years ago

To anyone frustrated by the cheap drains when ball drops out of the lair, feature adjustment 25 (I think) let's you add a lair ball save (default is zero).

#5702 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

To anyone frustrated by the cheap drains when ball drops out of the lair, feature adjustment 25 let's you add a lair ball save (default is zero).

Someone previously suggested setting it to 2, which I agree with. Feels fair and avoids frustration. Highly recommended.

#5703 3 years ago

Ok, probably going to make some upset - but with the standard Titan balls, they got very magnetized after about 250 plays.

Anyone know any other tricks? Game playing fine besides getting stuck in the pizza parlor.

#5704 3 years ago

I have a general question as it related to my TMNT. When you need to tighten a post, do you do it from the top and/or bottom? Is there a known torque rating we should use if we have the tools? The left post on my right ramp entrance needed to be tightened but on newer games I'm aware to much is bad for the playfield surfaces.

#5705 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

I ordered the clip protector set from Mezel Mods (https://mezelmods.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-stern/products/clip-protector-set-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles?variant=32547545743457)
However, it doesn't come with instructions like their other mods. (I also got the Technodrome and colored ramp lights; the lights are really sweet.) Does anyone have any recommendations on how to go about installing it? This is my first pin and I'll admit that this mod is a bit intimidating given the amount of disassembly, pieces, and random extras that I'm not sure where I will use.

Yeah it is quite intimidating. It is my first pin as well.

I ordered the same CLIP set from mezel mods. I've been slowly adding more and more. I haven't gotten brave enough to get the stuff under the van or in the very back, or under the ramps. I've added a ton of stuff but may add more later if I'm brave enough. I'm digging how it's looking tho.

Be aware that the added height when putting other mods in as well. The mutagen when mounted on the right side is too tall. So I got some shorter hex spacers.
I also noticed that on the left side the wire form was pressing against the plastic and not able to have the proper angle. Wife had an airball that landed right in the wire form and without the momentum coming down the ramp it was stuck there. So I used shorter hex spacers there too. Seemed to have fixed that issue.

#5706 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Someone previously suggested setting it to 2, which I agree with. Feels fair and avoids frustration. Highly recommended.

I suggest setting it to 3 actually. Sometimes the ball just comes out slow and has some odd bounces where you don't even have a chance at it. But that's just me.

#5707 3 years ago

I used to have it set to 3 but changed to 2 as well. At 3 I can get a quick release, brick the right ramp, drain and still get a ball save.

Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I suggest setting it to 3 actually. Sometimes the ball just comes out slow and has some odd bounces where you don't even have a chance at it. But that's just me.

#5708 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I used to have it set to 3 but changed to 2 as well. At 3 I can get a quick release, brick the right ramp, drain and still get a ball save.

Sounds good to me. haha

#5709 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Ok, probably going to make some upset - but with the standard Titan balls, they got very magnetized after about 250 plays.
Anyone know any other tricks? Game playing fine besides getting stuck in the pizza parlor.

Use POLARIS Pinball – Carbon Steel balls. You can find them on the Ball Barron website

#5710 3 years ago

Heard other people use titans fine. I have a backup pair from titan I haven’t tried yet since my set from pinballlife is not magnetized after about 1k games.

Quoted from pb456:

#5711 3 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

Use POLARIS Pinball – Carbon Steel balls. You can find them on the Ball Barron website

Carbon steel balls are more prone to magnetization - unless that's a marketing term...?

#5712 3 years ago

I've been using Ninja for as long as I've had it. And the previous owner put about 1000 games on it with them too.

No issue with them yet.

#5713 3 years ago

So got my new game home and after two games these were found on my playfield in the back. Wondering where they go?

9C55563E-A210-4F84-8D6A-8163AF93EC4F (resized).jpeg9C55563E-A210-4F84-8D6A-8163AF93EC4F (resized).jpeg
#5714 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

So got my new game home and after two games these were found on my playfield in the back. Wondering where they go?
[quoted image]

On a pro, that piece goes on the pop bumper, directly behind the ramp ball stop. I've had mine come lose and need to be tightened as well.

#5715 3 years ago

Any known big bugs that make it lose power?? This is my first NIB.

Wondering if there is a bug in this game that makes the flippers randomly lose power then turn on again? It happens frequently. Doesn’t seem to have much of a pattern, at first I thought it happened more when a ball came down the left sling area but now I don’t think so. I’m going to contact support since it’s NIB and just bought it Saturday and this has happened in every game nearly. I think maybe 2 out 25 games didn’t have it happen. We also had the machine dim lights partially and then just freeze with the screen off.

#5716 3 years ago

You try to flash a new sd card? I had some random power issues too, flashing a new card helped in my case. Only other rampant bug causing this is during turtle power MB. Unsure of exact cause though.

Wondering if there is a bug in this game that makes the flippers randomly lose power then turn on again? It happens frequently. Doesn’t seem to have much of a pattern, at first I thought it happened more when a ball came down the left sling area but now I don’t think so. I’m going to contact support since it’s NIB and just bought it Saturday and this has happened in every game nearly. I think maybe 2 out 25 games didn’t have it happen. We also had the machine dim lights partially and then just freeze with the screen off.

#5717 3 years ago

Wondering if there is a bug in this game that makes the flippers randomly lose power then turn on again?

I helped someone with an issue on a Game of thrones where hitting 2+ flippers caused the flipper node board to reset. This made the flippers die and some lights reset as well. In this case it was a failing node board.

Maybe re-seat the connectors on the proper node board under the playfield?

#5718 3 years ago

I've been using Ninja for as long as I've had it. And the previous owner put about 1000 games on it with them too.
No issue with them yet.

hoping you changed them out at least twice!

#5719 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

hoping you changed them out at least twice!

Why is that? The balls get bad or something?

#5720 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I helped someone with an issue on a Game of thrones where hitting 2+ flippers caused the flipper node board to reset. This made the flippers die and some lights reset as well. In this case it was a failing node board.
Maybe re-seat the connectors on the proper node board under the playfield?

Thanks I also had a weird error one time when I started it and it quickly said that it couldn’t locate three node boards and I didn’t catch which numbers and then the screen went away. I turned it off turned it back on and then that message never came back up. I will try and check all the connectors on all those notes boards. Thanks for the tips.

#5721 3 years ago

Is it the flippers only - like the game THINKS the ball drained - or does the whole game then turn off and on again?

#5722 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Is it the flippers only - like the game THINKS the ball drained - or does the whole game then turn off and on again?

Seems like some of the lights dim too. It’s strange. I had one game where it happened maybe 8 times and the ball doesn’t always drain, it’s like it’s interrupted in power then it comes back and I continue playing. Also have had during Multiball where the game goes dark, drains and screen goes black. Possibly two different issues maybe?

#5723 3 years ago

Seems like some of the lights dim too. It’s strange. I had one game where it happened maybe 8 times and the ball doesn’t always drain, it’s like it’s interrupted in power then it comes back and I continue playing. Also have had during Multiball where the game goes dark, drains and screen goes black. Possibly two different issues maybe?

Do you have any powered mods in the game? Spike can be cranky.

Otherwise, like always in pinball, try the simplest solutions first. Reseat connectors on the node boards. Do a FULL reinstall of code. Try a new SD card. PinMonk can tell you what type to try. I think Stern uses crappy ones.

#5724 3 years ago

Maybe start with checking that the power cord is fully seated to the back of the head first, and then other connectors etc.

#5725 3 years ago

Okay, i think it’s your interlock switch in the coin door. It should push in all the way and you should hear a click before the door closes all the way. It might be barely and unclicks when the coin door moves slightly. I added a bumper pad to the coin door where it contacts the switch so it engages sooner.

#5726 3 years ago

Yes, check:

1> Loose connections under PF and in backbox

2> Check the system menu for error messages. Do a node board test while in there.

3> Re-image a brand new SD card with the game code. Stern ones suck.
Instructions and game images here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
These are the SD cards I use (they go on sale for as little as $10 occasionally). Whatever you get, make sure it's class 10 and do not buy from Ebay or Amazon where fakes are rampant):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-extreme-plus-32gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3990822.p?skuId=3990822

4> Swap node 8 and node 9 (changing the address dip switches) and see if the problem travels or goes away. Those two are interchangeable.

#5727 3 years ago

Too many issues for a NIB IMHO, who did you buy it from? local? (pinball pirate?) first call I would be making would be to the distributor, they may be able to help you out as well.

#5728 3 years ago

After my experience with my Stranger Things Premium you guys are scaring me away from not even getting a TMNT now! ha

My Avengers IQ Premium has been flawless (knock on wood).

#5729 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

After my experience with my Stranger Things Premium you guys are scaring me away from not even getting a TMNT now! ha

What I've heard from distributors is that the play fields had issues with first runs only. Unfortunately a lot of those were LEs and Pros that are out there. I guess some Premiums as well. I bought NIB Pro and it's perfect both cosmetically and performance wise. There is a bug w/Turtle Power MB causing a reboot but it was only one time.

I don't care for the diverter mech or "dual direction spinning mangnet pizza disc" as on direction is enough. Turtle power MB on Premium/LEs must be cool though. Still not enough for me to risk the potential headaches.

I've had X-Men LE, Tron (2x), KISS, Guardians, MET Premium and TWD Premium and TMNT is my favorite Borg layout. It's an ass-kicker though. Make no mistake about it. But, that's been great. Alone, I can hunker down and really try to master it. Casually, I can play vs. my son and he ALWAYS has a chance to beat me and does plenty. It's great to pick a favorite turtle and go. He's played this pin more than any in the last 5 years and that makes it worth it for me.

We haven't really even gotten into COOP, Half Shell or Final Battle yet, which you can start without grinding through. The pin is great, IMO.

#5730 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Should be no worries about a Pro model (which I think is the one to get). My Pro that was made on Nov 18th has a washed out playfield that I'm not thrilled about, but that's about the only thing I can find wrong with it.

#5731 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Should be no worries about a Pro model (which I think is the one to get). My Pro that was made on Nov 18th has a washed out playfield that I'm not thrilled about, but that's about the only thing I can find wrong with it.

Woah, people had submitted claims WELL before that about the art quality. The fact they kept those PF's in inventory and shipped them in games speaks volumes about how they approach QC. Those should've been removed from stock the minute the issues were reported.

#5732 3 years ago

Why is that? The balls get bad or something?

Yes!

#5733 3 years ago

What I've heard from distributors is that the play fields had issues with first runs only. Unfortunately a lot of those were LEs and Pros that are out there. I guess some Premiums as well. I bought NIB Pro and it's perfect both cosmetically and performance wise. There is a bug w/Turtle Power MB causing a reboot but it was only one time.
I don't care for the diverter mech or "dual direction spinning mangnet pizza disc" as on direction is enough. Turtle power MB on Premium/LEs must be cool though. Still not enough for me to risk the potential headaches.
I've had X-Men LE, Tron (2x), KISS, Guardians, MET Premium and TWD Premium and TMNT is my favorite Borg layout. It's an ass-kicker though. Make no mistake about it. But, that's been great. Alone, I can hunker down and really try to master it. Casually, I can play vs. my son and he ALWAYS has a chance to beat me and does plenty. It's great to pick a favorite turtle and go. He's played this pin more than any in the last 5 years and that makes it worth it for me.
We haven't really even gotten into COOP, Half Shell or Final Battle yet, which you can start without grinding through. The pin is great, IMO.

I told you your kids would like it!

#5734 3 years ago

Just received notification that my replacement playfield will arrive tomorrow. Crossing my fingers and hoping the art issue was resolved. Swapping the playfields will be one major job.

#5735 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Just received notification that my replacement playfield will arrive tomorrow.

What were your playfield issues? Grainy art, clearcoat pooling and chipping?

#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

What were your playfield issues? Grainy art, clearcoat pooling and chipping?

Grainy art..very streaky...not a good print for sure.

#5737 3 years ago

What I've heard from distributors is that the play fields had issues with first runs only. Unfortunately a lot of those were LEs and Pros that are out there.

For the record, myself and several friends have LEs from the first batch with zero issues on the playfield or anything else for that matter. This has been overblown by a few here on Pinside and is not an issue as a whole. (But for the few this has been an issue, I hope they get replacements, which I’m sure Stern will honor)

After owning an LE for a while, I do think the TMNT Pro is a good machine, but wouldn’t devalue absolute outstanding extras the LE/Prem have. They are definitely worth having and so much fun in the equation of the fab software package. I’ve played plenty of both and the extras are must have’s imo. And there have been no “headaches” at all. My LE has worked flawlessly from out of the box and continues to work flawlessly in every area, after having over 1000 plays. Only issue I’ve ever had is a screw coming out of the center ramp, that just needed to be retightened.

There is no risk buying a TMNT, as some are worried about here. You’d just be missing out on one of the most outstanding pinball packages to ever come out, by not buying. It is that good and no I don’t own stock in Stern. Yes, I think Stern’s prices should be less and are too high as well. Lol

#5738 3 years ago

Unfortunately I don’t have the cash to buy the TMNT topper so I made my own for less than 100 bucks. Only thing that’s kind of a bummer is the lack of a true orange color for Michelangelo

473A0D97-C833-4B03-AF1D-AD0EAABDA5C1 (resized).jpeg473A0D97-C833-4B03-AF1D-AD0EAABDA5C1 (resized).jpeg74F09C4F-C8D7-4E52-BD41-FE489BE9F632 (resized).jpeg74F09C4F-C8D7-4E52-BD41-FE489BE9F632 (resized).jpegBB54197F-366A-4A89-9B84-B439B5A5434A (resized).jpegBB54197F-366A-4A89-9B84-B439B5A5434A (resized).jpeg
#5739 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

For the record, myself and several friends have LEs from the first batch with zero issues on the playfield or anything else for that matter. This has been overblown by a few here on Pinside and is not an issue as a whole. (But for the few this has been an issue, I hope they get replacements, which I’m sure Stern will honor)
After owning an LE for a while, I do think the TMNT Pro is a good machine, but wouldn’t devalue absolute outstanding extras the LE/Prem have. They are definitely worth having and so much fun in the equation of the fab software package. I’ve played plenty of both and the extras are must have’s imo. And there have been no “headaches” at all. My LE has worked flawlessly from out of the box and continues to work flawlessly in every area, after having over 1000 plays. Only issue I’ve ever had is a screw coming out of the center ramp, that just needed to be retightened.
There is no risk buying a TMNT, as some are worried about here. You’d just be missing out on one of the most outstanding pinball packages to ever come out, by not buying. It is that good and no I don’t own stock in Stern. Yes, I think Stern’s prices should be less and are too high as well. Lol

My Le has been great! Keeper pin for sure and no issues. Always have a ton of fun playing it. No regrets choosing an LE. Plus the art package is awesome.

I am about to sell my aiq le. I like the play but they didn’t change the art for the LE from the prem so not a ton of difference in the model. I figure I might as well get a premium down the road and make room for my LZ LE coming soon.

#5740 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Grainy art..very streaky...not a good print for sure.

I would leave the old one in, play the crap out of it and years from now you can deal with the swap, lol.

#5741 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I told you your kids would like it!

Completely right. It’s funny because I was in on Zep LE, but after seeing gameplay I passed.

I was ordering TMNT ProNIB but couldn’t get a straight answer from the distro. Took weeks. In the meantime I found a Maiden LE. Passed on Turtles Pro. Then found a TMNT Pro NIB and was able to trade my GOT. No regrets.

#5742 3 years ago

Completely right. It’s funny because I was in on Zep LE, but after seeing gameplay I passed.
I was ordering TMNT ProNIB but couldn’t get a straight answer from the distro. Took weeks. In the meantime I found a Maiden LE. Passed on Turtles Pro. Then found a TMNT Pro NIB and was able to trade my GOT. No regrets.

I think Borg games flow so much better than Ritchie games. There’s the right amount of flow and stop in his games for me!

#5743 3 years ago

You’ll have to play Led Zeppelin for sure. I played my buddys pro and bought an le because it was such a great shooting pin. It’s just missing that third ramp that’s in the prem/LE. That kills the pros third flipper flow. If you like IMDN you’ll like LZ

Tmnt has a different type of a flow. It’s very fast and you can get the ball cranking around the ramps and loops. To the point you have to slow it down. Then it has really challenging shot on the liar and a very easy shot for the pizza shop. Great variety, I absolutely love it

#5744 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

You’ll have to play Led Zeppelin for sure. I played my buddys pro and bought an le because it was such a great shooting pin. It’s just missing that third ramp that’s in the prem/LE. That kills the pros third flipper flow. If you like IMDN you’ll like LZ
Tmnt has a different type of a flow. It’s very fast and you can get the ball cranking around the ramps and loops. To the point you have to slow it down. Then it has really challenging shot on the liar and a very easy shot for the pizza shop. Great variety, I absolutely love it

I'm sure it's great to shoot. You can probably step up and play some casual games too (unlike Turtles where you need to be sharp).

I'm just not digging the code Record Sales code right now from what I've seen. I don't think they nailed the theme. How is there no Hammer of the Gods or a Stairway ramp?

#5745 3 years ago

Probably won’t keep this here, but having fun with toys . Ha. Pinball training!

C7BE8AC1-0105-44EC-9F02-68F7D4021CD3 (resized).jpegC7BE8AC1-0105-44EC-9F02-68F7D4021CD3 (resized).jpegF58469F6-03A1-4F41-9861-BE3736BD2EC8 (resized).jpegF58469F6-03A1-4F41-9861-BE3736BD2EC8 (resized).jpegFD4D989E-BE59-470B-A12E-DB956AA3D11B (resized).jpegFD4D989E-BE59-470B-A12E-DB956AA3D11B (resized).jpeg
#5746 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Probably won’t keep this here, but having fun with toys . Ha. Pinball training!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just bought that!

So my son now has...

71pYTOk293L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg71pYTOk293L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg71knf+RcjCL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg71knf+RcjCL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpgTMNT_Main (resized).jpgTMNT_Main (resized).jpg
#5747 3 years ago

I'm back to having my center ramp not register half or more of my shots. So it's really unplayable. I thought adjusting the direction of the optos on the ramp would help, but I guess not. Is there a known fix for this?

#5748 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I'm back to having my center ramp not register half or more of my shots. So it's really unplayable. I thought adjusting the direction of the optos on the ramp would help, but I guess not. Is there a known fix for this?

Did you put a cover on to keep the ball down where it crosses the optos?

#5749 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you put a cover on to keep the ball down where it crosses the optos?

No, so let me try that.

#5750 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

No, so let me try that.

If that doesn't work, leave that on and cover the bottom half of the opto "eyes" with black electrical tape.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
6,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/115?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.