(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,062 posts
  • 829 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by cabal
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 167 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(572 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240423-005247 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240423-005259 (resized).png
20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 242.
#5651 3 years ago

I do not think I posted these here already, but apologies it if did. My wife has been doing some fun stuff with her new Cricut.

9C788E91-CBF9-4AB9-8278-EC24B7837A57 (resized).jpeg9C788E91-CBF9-4AB9-8278-EC24B7837A57 (resized).jpegB87823B7-200E-4BBA-BF22-4591F5D165EC (resized).jpegB87823B7-200E-4BBA-BF22-4591F5D165EC (resized).jpeg
#5652 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check pizza disc is level. If that's not it, get one of the swinks standup target brackets. Kills airballs off targets almost completely.

thanks for mentioning

Quoted from Jediturtle:

When standups start launching balls, you can bend them forward slightly (the whole bracket, not just the plastic target face). You may need to readjust the switch blade spacing after doing it. Do not go too far that it jams against the front of the playfield cut-out. After getting bashed a bunch of times, they will slowly start leaning back. It's just the nature of wailing on something with a steel ball over and over at high speeds. It isn't something you have to do all that often, but it should be considered normal maintenance.

agree the problem lays with the targets now being vertical instead of the 1990's where they use to lean forward. The other issue is they have lowered a little so the ball is practically inline with the target rivet which decreases from the just bending the target forward.

check out my link, even just to read up on my approach where my bracket tilts the target 5 degrees forward and lifts the target up 2mm. These are not the cheapest but are 3D printed metal and going strong
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

#5653 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for mentioning

agree the problem lays with the targets now being vertical instead of the 1990's where they use to lean forward. The other issue is they have lowered a little so the ball is practically inline with the target rivet which decreases from the just bending the target forward.
check out my link, even just to read up on my approach where my bracket tilts the target 5 degrees forward and lifts the target up 2mm. These are not the cheapest but are 3D printed metal and going strong
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

Those look sweet and are definitely the best fix. Nice work.

#5654 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for mentioning

Which ones would you recommend for TMNT?

#5655 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Which ones would you recommend for TMNT?

just the cheapest material option works fine but just check your target is the same design as in the pictures.

also the proto target had the little lump in the bend - but this is not needed for a printed to the bent shape

#5656 3 years ago

This game has so much cool code. Lots going on. Punishing at times! I realize there's some changes like Half Shell Challenge but this rulesheet from Stern is great.

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.33 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.33 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.58.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.06 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.06 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.17 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.17 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.42 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 10.59.42 AM (resized).png
#5657 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This game has so much cool code. Lots going on. Punishing at times! I realize there's some changes like Half Shell Challenge but this rulesheet from Stern is great.

The Tilt Forums Wiki Rulesheet is fully up-to-date with the latest code version and provides quite a bit of detail.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-tmnt-rulesheet/6599

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Can anyone explain the skill shots to me? So we have the top lane plunge which with just the action button will hit it mine about a 3rd of the time (some hit the other top lane, some come down the Krang loop... maybe the occasional bounce back down the right orbit but rare).
We also have the left-flipper-hold which sends it around, but unlike ST, or ACDC, I see nothing lit when I do this bypass. The no-brainer is the Krang loop or the center ramp, but those don't have any fan fare when hit on the plunge. If I let the ball come all the way around the most obvious shot would be the right ramp, but that doesn't do anything either. So is there a super skill shot or not? I feel like I'm plunging around the orbit, just to avoid the time in the pops, but have nothing to go for like I do in so many other Sterns. Am I completely wrong in this? Hope so.

That is one oversight, there is no super/extra skillshot for holding in the left flipper to disable the post. Even without the skillshot, I find the points/reward for the normal skillshot negligible and the risk of the ball hitting a pizza target right out the gate and getting the disc spinning isn't worth it. One of the few things I wish they'd add/change.

#5659 3 years ago

I was messing around with the full set of plastic protectors. Really brought a nice glow.. but almost too much. I dialed it back a little. Pulled the off the turtles near the flippers and both side plastics "lair" and "april". It toned it back some to my liking. With the van turned and robot upgrade it also lessened the glow, but I think in a good way. I included some pics.. before and after. Note that I had the slime protectors and slings done prior and all clear rubbers. Before pic and partial install.

20210119_191036 (resized).jpg20210119_191036 (resized).jpg20210120_151942 (resized).jpg20210120_151942 (resized).jpg

Completed pics...

20210121_161911 (resized).jpg20210121_161911 (resized).jpg20210121_161926 (resized).jpg20210121_161926 (resized).jpg20210121_161919 (resized).jpg20210121_161919 (resized).jpg20210121_161945 (resized).jpg20210121_161945 (resized).jpg20210121_161934 (resized).jpg20210121_161934 (resized).jpg20210121_161928 (resized).jpg20210121_161928 (resized).jpg
#5660 3 years ago

Hey everyone - I’ve been reading through the forum and unless I missed it somewhere (in which I case I apologize), but has there been any fix for Stern’s Leonardo sword shooter rod? As I have seen others comment, I get no power out of it and can only make it around the orbit if I give it a fancy flick (which still barely works). I got in touch with Stern a while back but have yet to hear anything from them in regards to a fix.

#5661 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I was messing around with the full set of plastic protectors. Really brought a nice glow.. but almost too much. I dialed it back a little. Pulled the off the turtles near the flippers and both side plastics "lair" and "april". It toned it back some to my liking. With the van turned and robot upgrade it also lessened the glow, but I think in a good way. I included some pics.. before and after. Note that I had the slime protectors and slings done prior and all clear rubbers. Before pic and partial install.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Completed pics...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome. Where can I get these green slime shaped plastics you have?

#5662 3 years ago
Quoted from ChicagoGuy:

Hey everyone - I’ve been reading through the forum and unless I missed it somewhere (in which I case I apologize), but has there been any fix for Stern’s Leonardo sword shooter rod? As I have seen others comment, I get no power out of it and can only make it around the orbit if I give it a fancy flick (which still barely works). I got in touch with Stern a while back but have yet to hear anything from them in regards to a fix.

I installed a stronger spring, which helped, but it still isn't what I would like it to be.

#5663 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

That looks awesome. Where can I get these green slime shaped plastics you have?

It came with them.. but this looks like them.

ebay.com link: TMNT Sling Shot Return Lane Protective Plastic Set Stern Pinball

#5664 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

ebay.com link » Tmnt Sling Shot Return Lane Protective Plastic Set Stern Pinball

Those look pretty cool. I wonder if they would be better as pink/purple to match the pf ooze.

#5665 3 years ago

Just had a game reset just as Turtle Power multiball started. I Ray mode. Everything went dead. Running latest code. Anyone get this? Playing as Donatello.

3D85947A-7F5A-4D1F-9153-A79BDF51002E (resized).jpeg3D85947A-7F5A-4D1F-9153-A79BDF51002E (resized).jpeg5687D0E5-5C3E-4FF9-BDFC-FF7174657B31 (resized).jpeg5687D0E5-5C3E-4FF9-BDFC-FF7174657B31 (resized).jpeg

FAC0CF82-9A5E-4C2C-BFCF-766FC37DB5EC (resized).jpegFAC0CF82-9A5E-4C2C-BFCF-766FC37DB5EC (resized).jpeg

#5666 3 years ago

Just had a game reset just as Turtle Power multiball started. Everything went dead. Running latest code. Anyone get this? Playing as Donatello.
[quoted image]

We have had that happen on our LE a couple of times and so have a few others with pro s and premiums. We have reported this to our distro but the game has not done it again since the new code update. I am convinced it is software or firmware related.

#5667 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Those look pretty cool. I wonder if they would be better as pink/purple to match the pf ooze.

Pink would be a nice option. It does match the color and contour of the slime on the playfield directly underneath it, though.

#5668 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have had that happen on our LE a couple of times and so have a few others with pro s and premiums. We have reported this to our distro but the game has not done it again since the new code update. I am convinced it is software or firmware related.

I just emailed [email protected] with the issue.

#5669 3 years ago

Just had a game reset just as Turtle Power multiball started. I Ray mode. Everything went dead. Running latest code. Anyone get this? Playing as Donatello.
[quoted image]

Yes, in 5 months of Pro ownership this has happened 3-4 times total. Always in Turtle Power MB. Has been reported here and there are Stern coders on the forum so they are aware. But as others said it is so infrequent, not sure if it is fixable or code vs SD card etc.

#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Completed pics...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I've considered dialing it back a little. But it's growing on me. The only one I don't think I like is the april channel 6 one. Mostly because the art is pretty transparent so it ads a yellow tint to the art.

I haven't gotten to taking off the van. Too intimidating right now.

#5671 3 years ago

I'm sure it's been said already, but this game needs to be rebalanced with its scoring. Big points are supposed to be awarded for completing concurrent episodes (I think 6 million points are awarded for the 6th one completed in a row), but when you can score 7mil points on a super jackpot in each muli-ball mode, it feels pointless to even bother attempting progressing through the game for points.

I don't know how many times I've been nailing every shot and feeling like I'm having the game of my life with a 10 min ball, only to look up and see 2million points on the board. Very unsatisfying. The lack of a meaningful skill shot total really kills the vibe of nailing that too.

#5672 3 years ago

I bought a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pro and they delivered it yesterday and dropped it and cracked my cabinet in my driveway. I’m getting a refund and buying another but I’m still super bummed.

#5673 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Yeah I've considered dialing it back a little. But it's growing on me. The only one I don't think I like is the april channel 6 one. Mostly because the art is pretty transparent so it ads a yellow tint to the art.
I haven't gotten to taking off the van. Too intimidating right now.

Understand on the April plastic. I also pulled them off the Lair because the ball travels under two different plastics and seemed to cloud it up. So far we really like the look. I went back and forth on the turtles by the flippers but opted to not use the protector. Its easier to see the galls in the lanes now. As for the van. If you decide to pull it I can help walk you through.

#5674 3 years ago

I bought a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pro and they delivered it yesterday and dropped it and cracked my cabinet in my driveway. I’m getting a refund and buying another but I’m still super bummed.

Sorry to hear that.. recently saw a similar situation with a new GnR. In the meantime work on your reflexes, the inner and outer loop for the top flipper can fly around crazy fast..

#5675 3 years ago

Wow, that's awful. I can only imagine how bad I would have felt had the same thing happened to me.

#5676 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

ebay.com link » Tmnt Sling Shot Return Lane Protective Plastic Set Stern Pinball

You can buy them on pinside marketplace. That's where I got mine.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1259-silverball-designs/03974-slingshot-amp-return-lane-set-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

#5677 3 years ago

Has anyone reached Cowabunga yet? Is there footage of someone playing through that mode? Seems impossible to reach.

#5678 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Has anyone reached Cowabunga yet? Is there footage of someone playing through that mode? Seems impossible to reach.

With how difficult the layout is and how many tasks you have to accomplish to get there (not simply being lame and timing out all modes), I think Cowabunga is this generation of pins’ Valinor. Will certainly be a challenge to get there

#5679 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

It's even hard to get there with the glass off.

#5680 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

There's a LOT to qualify. DeadFlip has said in his streams that this game basically wants you to go, go, go but you have to slow it down. I feel like a make 3 combos in a row, then I need to slow down or it's drain-o!

#5681 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

I was closer than I have ever been last night. Still needed a Triple Mondo, and a Max Krang. Therefore, I might as well have been 50 miles away, LOL. I struggle enough making one of those inner loops (or side ramps really) on demand, much less three of them in a combo.

#5682 3 years ago

As soon as I actually make it to the final battle, I can consider someday perhaps getting to Cowabunga.

I love that there is so much there to go after!

#5683 3 years ago

How is there not a TMNT Mutagen Topper? It should appear to leak out over the top of the machine. Light up of course.

un9zdruwdfh51 (resized).pngun9zdruwdfh51 (resized).png
#5684 3 years ago

I feel a bit of your pain. I purchased a new one at Christmas - arrived with a bent backbox hinge (weird how it was bent and immediately examined the rest of the cabinet to see if it was perhaps dropped but all else seems fine). Still awaiting the replacement part so that I can connect and secure the backbox properly. It was slated to arrive today (in time for the weekend), but just got the shipping delay notification to next week.

#5685 3 years ago

Anyone get a replacement playfield yet?

#5686 3 years ago

In the club! What do I do?[quoted image]

Get some mods!

#5687 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

I feel a bit of your pain. I purchased a new one at Christmas - arrived with a bent backbox hinge (weird how it was bent and immediately examined the rest of the cabinet to see if it was perhaps dropped but all else seems fine). Still awaiting the replacement part so that I can connect and secure the backbox properly. It was slated to arrive today (in time for the weekend), but just got the shipping delay notification to next week.

That really sucks...I want to purchase same machine but dread the shipping ordeal. Either it comes from BC or thru the States to North Dakota border...then up to Manitoba. I feel for ya man. I’m awaiting a protector for my Cyclone. Was sent today so hopefully by next Friday.

#5688 3 years ago

Is there a specific build date for Premiums where they have fixed the board and diverter issues?

Eyeing some NIB Premiums, but I want to make sure most of the issues have at least been addressed with the newer builds.

#5689 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Is there a specific build date for Premiums where they have fixed the board and diverter issues?
Eyeing some NIB Premiums, but I want to make sure most of the issues have at least been addressed with the newer builds.

I got a very early premium and haven't had any issues with boards or the diverter and had an amazing play field.

#5690 3 years ago

Gotta say, the honeymoon is over and TMNT continues to deliver. So impressed with the whole package and the software depth is second to none. Continues to be a favorite in our family, even though it is challenging. As soon as the shots are tuned in, this game is nirvana and not frustration. The only other game that shoots this well is Munsters, both Borg games. Both so underrated, but sure they will both rise in fame as time goes by. Both flat out fun!!

#5691 3 years ago

I grew up in the 90s, so turtles were sort of my jam (I had the sewer AND the blimp!). Does that matter to me now? Not as much as you might think, but it's still relatable, fun, and nostalgiac. It's bigger to me that my kids are excited about the theme.

One of the most encouraging things I see about this game is people that have absolutely no interest in the theme and still applaud the game.

#5692 3 years ago

I'm not good at this game. At all. But in flashes I have good games and when you're dialed in, it feels fantastic. When I hit a combo I feel so freakin satisfied.

Getting a Max Krang Combo is so hard. But when you hit it all in a row. You feel like a god.

Cowabunga mode will be a carrot dangling out in front that I may never reach. But I'll keep trying to grab it.

#5693 3 years ago

Sorry that really stinks! Hang in there, you'll be up and running soon!

#5694 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Gotta say, the honeymoon is over and TMNT continues to deliver. So impressed with the whole package and the software depth is second to none. Continues to be a favorite in our family, even though it is challenging. As soon as the shots are tuned in, this game is nirvana and not frustration.

I have to strongly agree with this. I’m amazed that both TMNT and AIQ were released this past year - two of the best shooters I’ve ever played. I’m still in the honeymoon phase on AIQ but TMNT is well past that and is a keeper. I have no interest in the theme, but that doesn’t make a difference.

#5695 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

By diverter issue are you referring to where the diverter behind the van opens with so much force and dents the back of the ramp and could get stuck? I have an early NIB premium and they addressed this by adding some padding back there on the premiums. The LE is the only model (that I know of

There’s another van diverter issue where the balls stack behind the van. I had that problem constantly. Switching the balls out fixed it. I think it was due to the stock stern balls getting way too magnetized.

If you’re referring to the glider, I’ve had 2 replacement glider diverters from stern (free of charge) so I’m on my third and it seems fixed. I also saw someone recommend to change the black box just to the back right of the glider that controls it. Forgot what it’s called, but some guy was linking Amazon link to a better one. I remember it was ~$80

#5696 3 years ago

Damn this game is so good. It flew totally under my radar, but after research I bought a NIB Pro. What a full featured game. I would love to see the Turtle Power multi ball from the van, but that's a once-in-a-while thing.

The theme is spot on and really immersive. Code is plenty deep and excellent and this pin is difficult. That makes it possible for anyone in the house, novice or expert, to always have a chance regardless of skill level.

I haven't had a pin that the family has been so happy with in years. Everyone wants to play and that NEVER happens. Thanks guys for your recommendations.

#5697 3 years ago

I ordered the clip protector set from Mezel Mods (https://mezelmods.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-stern/products/clip-protector-set-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles?variant=32547545743457)

However, it doesn't come with instructions like their other mods. (I also got the Technodrome and colored ramp lights; the lights are really sweet.) Does anyone have any recommendations on how to go about installing it? This is my first pin and I'll admit that this mod is a bit intimidating given the amount of disassembly, pieces, and random extras that I'm not sure where I will use.

#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

I ordered the clip protector set from Mezel Mods (https://mezelmods.com/collections/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pinball-stern/products/clip-protector-set-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles?variant=32547545743457)
However, it doesn't come with instructions like their other mods. (I also got the Technodrome and colored ramp lights; the lights are really sweet.) Does anyone have any recommendations on how to go about installing it? This is my first pin and I'll admit that this mod is a bit intimidating given the amount of disassembly, pieces, and random extras that I'm not sure where I will use.

With plastic protectors, you need to take thorough pics just in case, remove Playfield pieces, slip them on, and reassemble. It's just time consuming, but if you're thorough, it'll be fine. Nut drivers and photos are your friends.

#5699 3 years ago

With plastic protectors, you need to take thorough pics just in case, remove Playfield pieces, slip them on, and reassemble. It's just time consuming, but if you're thorough, it'll be fine. Nut drivers and photos are your friends.

Second this. And if you think you are taking enough photos, double it - from multiple angles at each step of disassembly. You'll thank yourself later.

#5700 3 years ago
Quoted from blairan213:

Some homemade "mods". Everything is attached using factory screws, may add some to the top right corner but trying not to go too crazy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I thought these were homemade when I was unable to find them online, but it turns out these were Target (US) exclusive. Ended up sourcing Krang android/baby shredder and Splinter/Baxter on eBay to use in nearly the exact same locations as this poster. Normally I’m not a fan of action figures in the playfield but these are so close to the cartoon and look like they should have been in there from the factory.

1FEC4A9F-7376-4DFF-8AEB-D7173F50EA60 (resized).png1FEC4A9F-7376-4DFF-8AEB-D7173F50EA60 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

10,500 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/114?hl=rikeisland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.