(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,043 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 336 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 241.
#5401 3 years ago

i don't think it would have stuck, if i hadn't put in there the ball guide on the ramp.
But the chances are still very small.
just love the TMNT and the new half shell challenge is just great.

P1120136 (resized).JPGP1120136 (resized).JPG
#5402 3 years ago

Strange issue here

My TMNT Pro play field does not drop properly into the receiver. It’s stops just a few millimeters short. The little steel hooks don’t drop down flush and settle in place. It feels like it is catching on something but I can’t find it.

I’ve not had this issue before. Any ideas?

#5403 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Turns out I would indeed miss that on a pro!

My first games on the machine were on an LE and I felt that the diverter was cool but nothing special, now that Ive played a ton of games on my Pro, Id be curious to see what kind of difference it makes in the way I play the game.

#5404 3 years ago

Hey folks,

I'm looking to join the club and will be taking a look at a very nice looking pro. Any specific areas I should look for on the playfield? It seem there was some issues on the first batches? Also, are there any other titles you guys can compare to this in the $4500-6k range? I was also considering a Star Trek Pro or JP Pro.

Thanks.

#5405 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey folks,
I'm looking to join the club and will be taking a look at a very nice looking pro. Any specific areas I should look for on the playfield? It seem there was some issues on the first batches? Also, are there any other titles you guys can compare to this in the $4500-6k range? I was also considering a Star Trek Pro or JP Pro.
Thanks.

Look at the print quality of playfield. If it looks like they were running out of ink its considered a bad one. On comparing i had a Star Trek premium sitting side by side and i felt the layouts were so similar except upper ramp, lair, and flipper were flipped to opposite sides and TMNT crushed ST in fun, speed, and adrenaline making Star Trek feel old. JP pro is a different kind of table then TMNT, id love to own a JP Premium soon.

#5406 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Look at the print quality of playfield. If it looks like they were running out of ink its considered a bad one. On comparing i had a Star Trek premium sitting side by side and i felt the layouts were so similar except upper ramp, lair, and flipper were flipped to opposite sides and TMNT crushed ST in fun, speed, and adrenaline making Star Trek feel old. JP pro is a different kind of table then TMNT, id love to own a JP Premium soon.

Cool, thanks for that input. Here is the said machine that I'm going to look at. I think it looks ok??

TMNT (resized).jpegTMNT (resized).jpeg
#5407 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Cool, thanks for that input. Here is the said machine that I'm going to look at. I think it looks ok??
[quoted image]

Its sorta hard to tell if the print is bad without a closer picture of Slash area near flippers but it looks like its not bad. Whats the asking price? I got mine for 5400 with same side art but full LE colored armor. From how the markets been if you can get it at 5200 or less id go for it, its a great game that will piss you off and make you earn a good game but man when you get the ramp shots down and start hitting combos the speed is untouched by any pin ive ever played!

#5408 3 years ago

The seller is offering it to me at $5100. I may be able to knock an extra 50 off that, but that's about it. As you can see it has the art blades and it has the Katana rod too. Yea, if it checks out I think I'll go for it. Worst case I could always move it down the road.

#5409 3 years ago

Id buy that for 5100 if I didn’t have one.

#5410 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Agree. Assuming fully functional its a good deal (and a great game!)

#5411 3 years ago

That's a fantastic deal, grainy pf or not. And this one looks ok, though as has been mentioned its hard to tell without clear close-up pics. I do not think there is another pro machine I would take over TMNT right now. Definitely not JP or ST (though I am a fan of ST, and JP is pretty good).

#5412 3 years ago

Here is another pic of it showing the shooter rod mod.

TMNT2 (resized).jpegTMNT2 (resized).jpeg
#5413 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Here is another pic of it showing the shooter rod mod.
[quoted image]

Thats a ball crusher shooter rod! or kids head depending on how old they are. I use to hate Indiana Jones gun, it hurt me many times. Make sure to put it against a wall. Go buy it!!!

#5414 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thats a ball crusher shooter rod! or kids head depending on how old they are. I use to hate Indiana Jones gun, it hurt me many times. Make sure to put it against a wall. Go buy it!!!

I've had shooter rods catch on a pants or jacket pocket many times. I think I've torn a few jackets that way.

Rob

#5415 3 years ago

Dwight has worked so hard on our TMNT code and it shows! Such an awesome game on so many levels. Be sure to vote for TMNT in all categories at: thisweekinpinball.com

#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Me too. I bought NIB and Im happy with my purchase, especially with the additions in the last couple of updates.

#5417 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Dwight has worked so hard on our TMNT code and it shows! Such an awesome game on so many levels. Be sure to vote for TMNT in all categories at: thisweekinpinball.com

It was top on a lot of the categories for me! I already voted. Avengers took some too. I really love hot wheels but not as much as tmnt. It’s about a tie to avengers though in our family ranking just couldn’t put it over anything we had for the voting

#5418 3 years ago

Grrrr. This glider is makin me angry. This is my replacement glider after my servo crapped out. Already had to tighten up the bottom screw twice because it flops around. And half the time it won’t catch the ball on skill shots or final battle (which ends the game)

A421B99E-707D-4165-9CB1-F7FD4A791AF4 (resized).jpegA421B99E-707D-4165-9CB1-F7FD4A791AF4 (resized).jpeg

#5419 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Grrrr. This glider is makin me angry. This is my replacement glider after my servo crapped out. Already had to tighten up the bottom screw twice because it flops around. And half the time it won’t catch the ball on skill shots or final battle (which ends the game)
[quoted image]

Does the glider toy come loose? Or the diverter arm itself? Mine had some slop/play but tightening the bottom side screw and fitting it in to the brass bushing all the way worked for me. (Hard to explain, when popped up out of the bushing there was play, pushed down it was solid)

#5420 3 years ago

Some homemade "mods". Everything is attached using factory screws, may add some to the top right corner but trying not to go too crazy!

20210101_221905 (resized).jpg20210101_221905 (resized).jpg20210101_221922 (resized).jpg20210101_221922 (resized).jpg20210101_221929 (resized).jpg20210101_221929 (resized).jpg20210101_221937 (resized).jpg20210101_221937 (resized).jpg20210101_221944 (resized).jpg20210101_221944 (resized).jpg20210101_221952 (resized).jpg20210101_221952 (resized).jpg20210101_222012 (resized).jpg20210101_222012 (resized).jpg20210101_222026 (resized).jpg20210101_222026 (resized).jpg20210101_222033 (resized).jpg20210101_222033 (resized).jpg20210101_222034 (resized).jpg20210101_222034 (resized).jpg20210101_222045 (resized).jpg20210101_222045 (resized).jpg
#5421 3 years ago

Anyone else having battle again not registering?

Noticed it twice recently, ball 3 both times
Running 1.41 (1987)

BA is lit
Ball 3 goes down that outlane with BA lit
Game over.

#5422 3 years ago
Quoted from blairan213:

Some homemade "mods". Everything is attached using factory screws, may add some to the top right corner but trying not to go too crazy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Brilliant! Are those clay? Very talented. My son started sculpting clay and has made some amazing things...he's love the Krang and Baxter.

#5423 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

Anyone else having battle again not registering?
Noticed it twice recently, ball 3 both times
Running 1.41 (1987)
BA is lit
Ball 3 goes down that outlane with BA lit
Game over.

Have you tested the BA switch in switch test?

#5424 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Brilliant! Are those clay? Very talented. My son started sculpting clay and has made some amazing things...he's love the Krang and Baxter.

They look like Neca figures.

I love the Krang and Baxter ones. Wish they were available in my area.

#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from blairan213:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are outstanding! Wish I had this kind of talent. I adore that little Shredder. Stern needs to hire you.

#5426 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Does the glider toy come loose? Or the diverter arm itself? Mine had some slop/play but tightening the bottom side screw and fitting it in to the brass bushing all the way worked for me. (Hard to explain, when popped up out of the bushing there was play, pushed down it was solid)

No this is the first time the actual toy came off. Never been loose. Yes the screw on the bottom of the mech is the one I have tightened twice. I even sanded down the pin that goes through in hopes that it would take the movement out of the entire glider. No luck.

#5427 3 years ago

Some ideas I wrote about TMNT in another thread, after owning it a while now and putting a bunch of games on it. That thread has some wondering about TMNT, theme, etc.

TMNT a top notch layout and design by Borg and top coding by Dwight @xaqery. They hit it out of the park. Everyone that plays mine loves it. When its understood that it is a left centric shooting table, it comes alive with tons of flowing shots. So much to shoot and explore in the code. Toys galore, with a loaded PF. One of the best value pins to come out of Stern ever, imo.

BTW, what is kiddie themed about ninjas training and fighting? This is an evergreen theme that spans all ages and tastes. ZY did an outstanding job on the artwork. Nickelodeon loved it so much, they put him on the payroll. TMNT is so well rounded it should be a top ten or top five game easily.

When people put time on TMNT, they love it! One of our local arcade operators told me, it is by far their most popular pinball machine, out of all the pins they have at their many locations. He said people love it and keep pressing start over and over. Once a player gets shot locations down on the flippers, it’s a shooters dream machine. It does require lots of cradling, without flailing the ball all over the place to really enjoy.

The honeymoon’s over and I know it’s not leaving my collection.

#5428 3 years ago

Well guys, I went for it and joined the club. I brought it home this morning. I sourced the Neca shredder, Krang, and Mikey for $50 bucks, so I'll be adding those to the playfield.

TMNT3 (resized).jpgTMNT3 (resized).jpgTMNT4 (resized).jpgTMNT4 (resized).jpg
#5429 3 years ago

I like your setup!

Plays like if Tron and X-men had a baby.

CD48E03D-8B5C-4526-94CD-68B27F17B3F5 (resized).jpegCD48E03D-8B5C-4526-94CD-68B27F17B3F5 (resized).jpeg

#5430 3 years ago

We've even got them lined up on the same sides!

#5431 3 years ago

Been doing a little bit of modding recently.

I added the RGB Mezel Mod for turtle select. Another very easy mod and it looks pretty great.

I'm in the process of adding the Mezel Mod CLIP green plastic protectors and am really loving how it looks so far. Some of it I'm a little scared on how to get to them and may not do them for a while. Removing the wireforms and ramps is really intimidating.

Here is a quick glimpse at it. The green plastic really pops.

I've got a long way to go. But it has been a lot of fun.

I also took some advice from someone on here and bought some flash gel filters to do the cheap version of the color episode mod. I love it. And super easy for a newb like me. To me it is the type of mod that the final result seems like it could have come with the game to begin with. You can see it in action in the video above.
https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2G4RBN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png
#5432 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

No this is the first time the actual toy came off. Never been loose. Yes the screw on the bottom of the mech is the one I have tightened twice. I even sanded down the pin that goes through in hopes that it would take the movement out of the entire glider. No luck.

My toy came off twice also. What a pain to get back on. They didn’t make it easy that is for sure.

#5433 3 years ago

Hey guys,

Has anyone had a "upper ball lock malfunction" error? My game did this twice. It would go into ball search mode and I could see the actuator going up and down, but the balls wouldn't move. Could the ball have gotten stuck somehow? I cycled the power and it seems to be ok after a few games. Any ideas? I'm sure it will happen again.

#5434 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey guys,
Has anyone had a "upper ball lock malfunction" error? My game did this twice. It would go into ball search mode and I could see the actuator going up and down, but the balls wouldn't move. Could the ball have gotten stuck somehow? I cycled the power and it seems to be ok after a few games. Any ideas? I'm sure it will happen again.

Check for magnetism on the balls.

#5435 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey guys,

Like this? (Fast forward to 10:15)

#5436 3 years ago

This is how I ended up mounting my sai. I used a stand off and drill a hole through the sai. Then just tighted a screw down to hold it in place. Then a little piece of double side tape to hold the tip on the pipe mod. Seems to be pretty sturdy. Definitely alot cheaper then then one on ebay.

20210103_180517 (resized).jpg20210103_180517 (resized).jpg20210103_180513 (resized).jpg20210103_180513 (resized).jpg
#5437 3 years ago
2D62C833-D121-4FE3-BC67-63B0D216BADE (resized).jpeg2D62C833-D121-4FE3-BC67-63B0D216BADE (resized).jpeg
#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

[quoted image]

Those block prints are sweet. Went to get them and found they were sold out. Boo.

#5439 3 years ago

I’m considering adding TMNT and was wondering how you all find the depth of code? Have you all beaten the final wizard mode already? For reference, I’ve had Deadpool for about 18 months and finally beat the wizard mode, so I want to make sure the game will keep me occupied for at least that long.

#5440 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’m considering adding TMNT and was wondering how you all find the depth of code? Have you all beaten the final wizard mode already? For reference, I’ve had Deadpool for about 18 months and finally beat the wizard mode, so I want to make sure the game will keep me occupied for at least that long.

Your good plenty deep

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I have DP too and feel like tmnt is more diverse and pretty deep. I don’t think you have much to worry about if that’s your concern. I haven’t gotten close to beating tmnt but I beat DP

#5442 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I have the premium and probably play for a minimum of 30 minutes - 1 hour a day if not more. I haven't gotten to the final battle mode yet on single player but I'm getting close . Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and so far everyone that has played it (new players and experienced players) have enjoyed it.

#5443 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I don't believe anyone here has reported getting to Cowabunga which is the final wizard mode on TMNT. Turtles is a hard game, layout and code wise. Cowabunga requires you to complete 7 objectives. 4 of those being a hurry up type of objective, 2 being getting the super jackpots in the multiballs and last getting to Final Battle which is achieved by playing the 8 modes in the game. Its very challenging to collect all the objectives. The game forces you to veer off the path to get the hurry up objectives which causes a very frantic style play. That with the layout and the amount of combos that can happen, make this game an ass kicker but a ton of fun once you get the hang of it. The code also offers additional modes with the Training modes which allows you to level up your turtles, Team up mini wizard mode which is achieved by finishing 4 of the modes to get you to Final Battle and Coop mode which allows players to choose different turtles to work together. I have been close to getting to Cowabunga on 4 player coop and have not heard of any others playing 4 player coop and getting to Cowabunga. I would say there is plenty to do in the game and it will take you awhile to beat it.

#5444 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Like this? (Fast forward to 10:15)

Exactly like that. So it looks like it's a code thing. I'm still on the original code, hopefully updating to the newest code will prevent this.

#5445 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Exactly like that. So it looks like it's a code thing. I'm still on the original code, hopefully updating to the newest code will prevent this.

Cool. I've been researching a new pin and this seems best to me over AIQ. I'm surprise b/c I'm not a big turtle fan.

#5446 3 years ago

Would still check magnetism. I had that issue, problem was magnetism.

Quoted from Norcalpin:

#5447 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Would still check magnetism. I had that issue, problem was magnetism.

Tom...what do you mean by magnetism? How do you check and repair it? Sorry...I have a couple of dmd williams games, but this is my first stern. Not sure how to get into the diagnostics.

#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Tom...what do you mean by magnetism? How do you check and repair it? Sorry...I have a couple of dmd williams games, but this is my first stern. Not sure how to get into the diagnostics.

Pull balls from game and see if they stick together.

#5449 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Pull the balls out and get a steel paperclip and see if it's attracted to any of the balls.

#5450 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I would actually say TMNT and DP have fairly similar depth levels, with TMNT having a few more required "diversions" if you are to get to the ultimate wizard mode, Cowabunga. My guess is that Cowabunga will be one of those very rare modes that few mortals will ever see, due to the difficulty of the triple mondo jackpot and max Krang combo. TMNT's Final Battle is no slouch, but is obtainable. Deadpool's Final Battle is probably slightly harder to get to than TMNT's, but TMNT has that one more layer with Cowabunga.

Bottom line, if DP kept you occupied that long, I would expect TMNT to easily do the same. TMNT is a more punishing layout though, with more speed, flow, and combos than DP. Both fantastic games!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 12,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/109?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.