(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,974 posts
  • 826 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 minutes ago by AlexRogan84
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 240.
#5351 3 years ago

I’m sure this has been mentioned but I’m having the ball fly off the inner loop ramp on my Pro. Any fix other than the air ball plastic? I’ve lowered the power on the upper flipper a bit but it’s still happening.

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Putting in my turtle mods today. Any suggestion for the pink Mezel radioactive container placement on a Pro?

Did mine on the right side flasher...it flashes when hitting the spinner so really cool effect.

#5353 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Got my Krang (a great Christmas present from my wife and daughter!), so did a little rearranging and put him in. Love it! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet! Got my Technodrome Mezel mod. Love it! As someone previously posted the very last step of sliding it down onto the 2 posts was tough. I wound up lightly and gently drilling the holes in the mod a bit wider and it fit right on smoothly.
Love this!

techno (resized).jpgtechno (resized).jpg
#5354 3 years ago

Regarding shaker motor updates with new code 1.41:
First, THANK YOU to Dwight and the team for attempting to address the issue that some of us were having and the request for moderate and minimal use settings.
That said, at start of Ninja Pizza MB there does not seem to be a difference in shaker motor intensity (at least for me) at the lower settings. I read someone's prior post advice about adjusting one of the shaker weights 90 degrees. Since the PBL weights don't have divot points to do this like the Stern shakers do, I drilled a small divot hole at 90 degrees and made the adjustment. With the newly adjusted weight, the shaker now works fantastic on maximal use setting and I really like and enjoy the effects at start of the MB. Perhaps the shaker motors have some variation in power/strength (old vs new motors, pinball life vs Stern etc) because a few owners had the same issue I had, while others loved the shaker as it was. At any rate, the shaker saga is over for me and I am again grateful that there was an attempt to fix. Perhaps it has been resolved for others just with the new code.
Also, LOVE the new code and addicted to Half Shell challenge...really trying to get under 100 seconds!

#5355 3 years ago

Anybody else get under 100 yet ?

A0BF2A7F-6C20-42B3-86A5-9E1EBF7C1D5B (resized).jpegA0BF2A7F-6C20-42B3-86A5-9E1EBF7C1D5B (resized).jpeg
#5356 3 years ago

Here is where I put it along with other mods

20201223_172258 (resized).jpg20201223_172258 (resized).jpg
#5357 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Putting in my turtle mods today. Any suggestion for the pink Mezel radioactive container placement on a Pro?

Here is where I put it along with other mods

20201223_172258 (resized).jpg20201223_172258 (resized).jpg
#5358 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Got my Krang (a great Christmas present from my wife and daughter!), so did a little rearranging and put him in. Love it! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet. I got the same one. I like how it was from the same series as the other figures.

If you want to go nuts, that Krang toy has a hole under the head the size of a LED. I drilled through his seat and glued a bright white LED into his head and ran the wires underneath. I tied it to the GI bulb right behind that pop with Comet Matrix so it's basically on all the time, but if you want to go over the top, you can go to the LED board for the Krang insert and solder it to activate when one of the colors lights (I think someone here did the red), so when it's flashing Krang is flashing, and even better, when Krang talks he's also lit up.

#5359 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Sweet. I got the same one. I like how it was from the same series as the other figures.
If you want to go nuts, that Krang toy has a hole under the head the size of a LED. I drilled through his seat and glued a bright white LED into his head and ran the wires underneath. I tied it to the GI bulb right behind that pop with Comet Matrix so it's basically on all the time, but if you want to go over the top, you can go to the LED board for the Krang insert and solder it to activate when one of the colors lights (I think someone here did the red), so when it's flashing Krang is flashing, and even better, when Krang talks he's also lit up.

That’s what I did to mount it. Used a fire bulb from comet that makes it look like his head is pulsing. Tied it to a GI bulb. Overall that’s my favorite Krang and it can be had for cheap on eBay. I think I paid 15 for mine. Great mod for what is an empty spot on the pro.

5826EF67-FEF3-4DBF-9615-97628744FBD9.gif5826EF67-FEF3-4DBF-9615-97628744FBD9.gif
#5360 3 years ago

I'm having an odd issue crop up with the pizza parlour on my Pro. Most of the time everything works normally, but every once in a while it won't register a shot there.

It doesn't get stuck, it just spits the ball back out (similar to if you've already played the MB). It doesn't start episode when lit, award Mikey's skillshot, etc. Shooting the same shot again will typically work like it should.

Then, yesterday in the middle of playing single ball, the game killed my flippers and started the pizza Multiball. I only had one ball locked and the rest had to be ejected from the trough. Other than that, everything worked like normal.

Any thoughts? Is it an opto issue? It recognizes the ball well enough to drop the post and release it backninto play.

Without looking I'd say it's sitting somewhere around 1,200 plays right now.

#5361 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

I'm having an odd issue crop up with the pizza parlour on my Pro. Most of the time everything works normally, but every once in a while it won't register a shot there.
It doesn't get stuck, it just spits the ball back out (similar to if you've already played the MB). It doesn't start episode when lit, award Mikey's skillshot, etc. Shooting the same shot again will typically work like it should.
Then, yesterday in the middle of playing single ball, the game killed my flippers and started the pizza Multiball. I only had one ball locked and the rest had to be ejected from the trough. Other than that, everything worked like normal.
Any thoughts? Is it an opto issue? It recognizes the ball well enough to drop the post and release it backninto play.
Without looking I'd say it's sitting somewhere around 1,200 plays right now.

I have found that if I recently went to pizza multiball, it won't lock balls again right away. I have not figured out the rule for when it starts capturing again, or if it's just a period of time.

#5362 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

I have found that if I recently went to pizza multiball, it won't lock balls again right away. I have not figured out the rule for when it starts capturing again, or if it's just a period of time.

The rule is that you can't qualify Pizza Multiball (or Turtle Power for that matter) again until after you've played Team Up Multiball. Definitely not the problem I'm having. When mine does this, it won't even start episodes.

#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Have you checked whether the up post inside the lock area is adjusted properly? My orbit post kept slipping lower over time, maybe your post is resting low enough that fast balls can hit it and jump over it. Id assume the post should be flush with the playfield when the coil fires but hold balls when in rest position.

EDIT: I just lifted the playfield and it turns out that the lock "down post" isn't adjustable like the orbit up post. I'd still check to make sure the down post mech is secure and that the post is returning to the proper up position.

#5364 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Have you checked whether the up post inside the lock area is adjusted properly? My orbit post kept slipping lower over time, maybe your post is resting low enough that fast balls can hit it and jump over it. Id assume the post should be flush with the playfield when the coil fires but hold balls when in rest position.
EDIT: I just lifted the playfield and it turns out that the lock "down post" isn't adjustable like the orbit up post. I'd still check to make sure the down post mech is secure and that the post is returning to the proper up position.

I'll take a look. It hasn't done it tonight at all (it's completely unpredictable) but when it happens the ball definitely comes to a stop, the post drops, then the ball comes out. It just doesn't record the shot.

#5365 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Any thoughts?

i had some pizza parlor issues too (first time owner with a prem btw) and stern sent a tech out. it was an opto alignment issue for me with stuck balls so not exactly the same issue you're having. the tech did a switch test with the board up and jiggling cables, apparently those plastic connectors can go bad, maybe that is worth a look? (video of mine, may not be relevant: https://vimeo.com/487620911 )

what is the game mode when this is happening? sometimes if I have a mode active (can't remember which exactly) my parlor will spit the balls out as well.

what code version are you on?

#5366 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I have this too. It is probably not so much the targets, but your spinning pizza disc. If it is slightly high or warped (like mine is) it will cause the ball to lift slightly. .

Did you hear back from Stern on this issue? My disc is warped, too. I‘ll try and lower it so that even the highest part of the rim is at playfield level.

#5367 3 years ago

Mine had a similar problem with not registering pizza parlor shots, and would even feed out a previously locked ball, not register a lock or start an episode like you're describing but the issue went away a few code revs ago. Are you up to date?

#5368 3 years ago

Finally received my tmnt LE
After 6 month wait
Sad to say I did receive a poor quality playfield
Build was july,
And distributor would not sell me the shooter rod when they seen it was faulty when they trued to install it
But apart from that plays great
Wife is addicted already
Game is fast and hard

Also can someone please tell me what the loud beep is and how to disable it, not sure what it's for, maybe free credit or something as there is just this loud beep that happens now and again when play has ended. It ignites the volume setting which are low.

IMG_20201229_115426 (resized).jpgIMG_20201229_115426 (resized).jpgIMG_20201229_115523 (resized).jpgIMG_20201229_115523 (resized).jpgIMG_20201229_115607 (resized).jpgIMG_20201229_115607 (resized).jpgIMG_20201229_121458 (resized).jpgIMG_20201229_121458 (resized).jpg

#5369 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

After 6 month wait
Build was july,
And distributor would not sell me the shooter rod when they seen it was faulty when they trued to install it
Wife is addicted already
Game is fast and hard
Also can someone please tell me what the loud beep is and how to disable it, not sure what it's for, maybe free credit or something as there is just this loud beep that happens now and again when play has ended. It ignites the volume setting which are low.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that is BRUTAL, on an le . Stern HAS to rectify that !! Wow. Not good .

#5370 3 years ago

TMNT half shell challenge !! So fun, so possible to do better than this, as you can see. Under 100 Is the goal . Let’s see your times

#5371 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

After 6 month wait
Build was july,
Wife is addicted already
Game is fast and hard

I would raise hell on this. $10k machine and you get a play field printed on an HP desktop printer.

#5372 3 years ago

What are you all using as an adhesive when adding toys to your playfield? Hot glue gun? Mounting putty like Blue Tack? I don’t wanna mess up the acrylic.

#5373 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

What are you all using as an adhesive when adding toys to your playfield? Hot glue gun? Mounting putty like Blue Tack? I don’t wanna mess up the acrylic.

I use double sided tape. But NOT the shitty dollar store stuff, I just got this alien tape, works really good, but any good quality clear semi thick double sided tape works great !!

#5374 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I would raise hell on this. $10k machine and you get a play field printed on an HP desktop printer.

I wish it was $10k
I pay about $15k here in Asia for LE
I did let the install staff know about it, to which they were shocked, and just sent distributor an email asking for a replacement for this known fault, the distro is new on pinball and its a very niche market here.
Also made them aware of few other things to help them.

#5375 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

After 6 month wait
Build was july,
Wife is addicted already
Game is fast and hard

I'm so sorry. I thought the LEs were immune from the printing issues.

Can you give an example of the beep?

If it is the Match/Free Credit after gameplay, you can change the Knocker Volume to low. It's Standard Adjustment #44.

#5376 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I'm so sorry. I thought the LEs were immune from the printing issues.
Can you give an example of the beep?
If it is the Match/Free Credit after gameplay, you can change the Knocker Volume to low. It's Standard Adjustment #44.

I did change the knocker to low but it did not seem to make a difference,
I since changed free play to none
And match to 0%
And not heard it since

As for print, my order not shipping til October (dep paid in June)
It did cross my mind whether stern tried palming off the playfield to Asian Market, it does seem to have quite a few tiny dimples too in center like its seen some play beforehand.
At best it will be an 8 month wait for replacement. (same as new orders)

#5377 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

I did change the knocker to low but it did not seem to make a difference,
I since changed free play to none
And match to 0%
And not heard it since
As for print, my order not shipping til October (dep paid in June)
It did cross my mind whether stern tried palming off the playfield to Asian Market, it does seem to have quite a few tiny dimples too in center like its seen some play beforehand.
At best it will be an 8 month wait for replacement. (same as new orders)

I can at least speak to the few dimples. Stern tests all the games in-house before they ship them, so the dimples are from the play testing at Stern. My NIB premium also arrived with quite a few dimples in the playfield.

#5378 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

My tape of choice. I used it for all of my mods and my custom topper.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TX8RPNZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_91h7Fb08F98CV

#5379 3 years ago

i know it's christmas time and not easter,

found the flipper code for marc silk:
1 9 7
so the squence in attract mode: B LR LLLLLLLLLR LLLLLLLRR
B=both
L=Left Flipper
R=right Flipper

#5380 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

i know it's christmas time and not easter,
found the flipper code for marc silk:
1 9 7
so the squence in attract mode: B LR LLLLLLLLLR LLLLLLLRR
B=both
L=Left Flipper
R=right Flipper

So cool it worked! Thank you for posting! How did you find this? Imagine there's more (ala Munsters?)

#5381 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

So cool it worked! Thank you for posting! How did you find this? Imagine there's more (ala Munsters?)

i don't think there is more.
I did some comparing and some brute force (every combination).
There are some more working on a lot of dwight programmed machines (like munstes):

Dead Flip = 4 5 1
Credits = 1 2 3
Team Picture = 4 4 6
Hello World = 3 3 3
Serial Number = 8 4 7
Xaquery = 7 1 4

But i don't think there is more secret stuff hidden like secret mania, but we have the half shell mode without big fuzz

#5382 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

i don't think there is more.
I did some comparing and some brute force (every combination).
There are some more working on a lot of dwight programmed machines (like munstes):
Dead Flip = 4 5 1
Credits = 1 2 3
Team Picture = 4 4 6
Hello World = 3 3 3
Serial Number = 8 4 7
Xaquery = 7 1 4
But i don't think there is more secret stuff hidden like secret mania, but we have the half shell mode without big fuzz

So cool! Maybe more in future code updates too . yes we TMNT fans have high expectations but are also ardent followers of Dwight!
Thanks again for testing and for posting !

#5383 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Mine had a similar problem with not registering pizza parlor shots, and would even feed out a previously locked ball, not register a lock or start an episode like you're describing but the issue went away a few code revs ago. Are you up to date?

Yeah that sounds pretty similar to what I have. I'm on code 1.41. I had it happen a couple times in version 1.23 as well.

It's so infrequent I haven't worried too much about it, but I do want to get ahead of any potential bigger issues down the road.

Quoted from classybum:

i had some pizza parlor issues too (first time owner with a prem btw) and stern sent a tech out. it was an opto alignment issue for me with stuck balls so not exactly the same issue you're having. the tech did a switch test with the board up and jiggling cables, apparently those plastic connectors can go bad, maybe that is worth a look? (video of mine, may not be relevant: https://vimeo.com/487620911 )
what is the game mode when this is happening? sometimes if I have a mode active (can't remember which exactly) my parlor will spit the balls out as well.
what code version are you on?

It's only happened when no modes are running. Just regular play. And it's more than spitting balls out, it starts the full Multiball mode with animations and all. That's happened twice total.

#5384 3 years ago

Fixed my tmnt shooter rod changed to a purple spring, also added a titan tip at same time not sure that matters

#5385 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Fixed my tmnt shooter rod changed to a purple spring, also added a titan tip at same time not sure that matters

my dist' wouldnt sell me the rod when they seen it was faulty, they did try changing the spring from the original, but the leo rod was still short by a lot

#5386 3 years ago

Sadly, I have an issue preventing me from continuing to play. I noticed that the glider on my Premium stopped moving. After exploring, I realized that it was due to the screw on the bottom of the glider coming loose, so as the rod from the servo moved, the glider wouldn't turn with it.

I have tried to tighten it up through some creative tool use (there's very little room between that screw and the playfield) and now it is moving, but I cannot seem to get it tight enough that the back of the glider diverter doesn't hit the metal rail as it turns. Essentially, the back end drops down a touch because the glider assembly isn't somehow tight enough to keep it level.) Also, sadly, at this point I think I may have stripped the screw a bit.

A few questions:
- Has anyone else had this happen? Am I missing something fundamental here?
- Should I take off the entire glider assembly? I think this would require taking off multiple rails, which seems like a poor idea.
- Where do I order replacement screws from, assuming that is now an issue? How do I know I'm getting the right ones? Are there tool sets specific to working on pinball machines?
- Are there two hundred other things I should be factoring in? I am feeling a bit clueless at the moment.

Essentially: help! I haven't even had this two weeks and I'm already struck in non-functional pin-land, due to my inability to properly fix this. I would truly appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

#5387 3 years ago

Does anyone have a list of suitable replacement servos?

I know this has been covered a bit, but I am in Asia, so am trying to avoid a costly order from amazon (shipping and import tax) if possible,
There are a couple servos available here and some from Japan (also costly)
But very selective models,
I would prefer digital if its easier
Only digital models available are
HS-7980 The for $230
HS-7950TH for $165
Or
HS-5245MG for $95

Very few analog models and none of the models others have mentioned here

If using analog with crossover wire, is the crossover wire underneath/out of sight?

My servo went just 3 days after my 6 month delivery.

*UPDATE*

Just found a 5485HB and 5495HB at decent price, are these suitable ?

#5388 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

Does anyone have a list of suitable replacement servos?
I know this has been covered a bit, but I am in Asia, so am trying to avoid a costly order from amazon (shipping and import tax) if possible,
There are a couple servos available here and some from Japan (also costly)
But very selective models,
I would prefer digital if its easier
Only digital models available are
HS-7980 The for $230
HS-7950TH for $165
Or
HS-5245MG for $95
Very few analog models and none of the models others have mentioned here
If using analog with crossover wire, is the crossover wire underneath/out of sight?
My servo went just 3 days after my 6 month delivery.

The HS-645MG is $52 shipped from Alibaba, already in Asia, so probably shouldn't take that long to get to you.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hitec-HS-645MG-High-Torque-Metal_62421624550.html

Aliexpress has it for a little over $40 shipped:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32924386197.html

Or a little under $40 with free shipping:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32870535981.html

#5389 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The HS-645MG is $52 shipped from Alibaba, already in Asia, so probably shouldn't take that long to get to you.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hitec-HS-645MG-High-Torque-Metal_62421624550.html
Aliexpress has it for a little over $40 shipped:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32924386197.html
Or a little under $40 with free shipping:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32870535981.html

thanks, i was literally looking at same seller on Lazada (alibaba owned) their search is horrid
i did also just find the 2 digital models mentioned above 5485HB and 5495HB
both a tad cheaper to order than the 645MG from the same seller
would either of those digital servos be suitable ?
they seem similar in spec
would save need of crossover wire no, if using digital ?

#5390 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

thanks, i was literally looking at same seller on Lazada (alibaba owned) their search is horrid
i did also just find the 2 digital models mentioned above 5485HB and 5495HB
both a tad cheaper to order than the 645MG from the same seller
would either of those digital servos be suitable ?
they seem similar in spec
would save need of crossover wire no, if using digital ?

I don't know, maybe someone with a premium can answer that. I only had a Pro.

#5391 3 years ago

I replaced my servo with a HiTec HS-7955TG. Overkill for sure, but it's digital and programmable (reversed rotation via laptop software and avoiding janky soldering/rewiring). A digital servo works, a replacement doesn't need to be analog.

#5392 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

I replaced my servo with a HiTec HS-7955TG. Overkill for sure, but it's digital and programmable (reversed rotation via laptop software and avoiding janky soldering/rewiring). A digital servo works, a replacement doesn't need to be analog.

I did take the plunge and order the analog 645MG as suggested by (thanks) PinMonk along with signal reverser cable, the digital models I mentioned above were not metal gears

#5393 3 years ago
Quoted from Yobits:

I did take the plunge and order the analog 645MG as suggested by (thanks) vireland along with signal reverser cable, the digital models I mentioned above were not metal gears

Post how it works out once you get it.

#5394 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Sadly, I have an issue preventing me from continuing to play. I noticed that the glider on my Premium stopped moving. After exploring, I realized that it was due to the screw on the bottom of the glider coming loose, so as the rod from the servo moved, the glider wouldn't turn with it.
I have tried to tighten it up through some creative tool use (there's very little room between that screw and the playfield) and now it is moving, but I cannot seem to get it tight enough that the back of the glider diverter doesn't hit the metal rail as it turns. Essentially, the back end drops down a touch because the glider assembly isn't somehow tight enough to keep it level.) Also, sadly, at this point I think I may have stripped the screw a bit.
A few questions:
- Has anyone else had this happen? Am I missing something fundamental here?
- Should I take off the entire glider assembly? I think this would require taking off multiple rails, which seems like a poor idea.
- Where do I order replacement screws from, assuming that is now an issue? How do I know I'm getting the right ones? Are there tool sets specific to working on pinball machines?
- Are there two hundred other things I should be factoring in? I am feeling a bit clueless at the moment.
Essentially: help! I haven't even had this two weeks and I'm already struck in non-functional pin-land, due to my inability to properly fix this. I would truly appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

I received a new glider mech from stern after my servo went out. I installed it and after a few plays realized that screw was loose and the glider was flopping around. I removed the entire mech and tightened up. I noticed again last night that it is loose again. I'm going to pull it out tonight and see what the issue is. My First glider never had this issues. I haven't taken the mech apart to see what holds it all together to give you a good answer on what new screws you might need. There are no special tools needed. There are 4 nuts on the lower rails and 3 screws that hold the glider on the upper playfield. Should take you about 15 minutes to take it off to get to the underside screw on the bottom of the glider. If the glider is inop just center it and unplug if from under the playfield if stern will send you a new one, this way you can still play.

#5395 3 years ago

Well explained Pinhead. That should help Vermont.

This game gets better and better. It's position at 14 in the top 100 is well deserved.

#5396 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I received a new glider mech from stern after my servo went out. I installed it and after a few plays realized that screw was loose and the glider was flopping around. I removed the entire mech and tightened up. I noticed again last night that it is loose again. I'm going to pull it out tonight and see what the issue is. My First glider never had this issues. I haven't taken the mech apart to see what holds it all together to give you a good answer on what new screws you might need. There are no special tools needed. There are 4 nuts on the lower rails and 3 screws that hold the glider on the upper playfield. Should take you about 15 minutes to take it off to get to the underside screw on the bottom of the glider. If the glider is inop just center it and unplug if from under the playfield if stern will send you a new one, this way you can still play.

Thank you for the advice. I took the rails off and the first two screws, but I can't get at the third at the back of the glider at anything but a steep angle with a standard screwdriver.

That being said, I was able to completely get the glider itself out by taking the bottom screw off and examining things. It looks like I was able to get the screw tight enough, and the core issue is actually that the cylinder the glider sits on now has "wiggle room." I wonder if it got hit hard enough by the ball when it was loose and slightly tipped to make the slot it goes in a touch bigger. Regardless of how tight I make that bottom screw, I think the glider is still going to now drop down in the back. Here's a video demonstrating that movement manually:

https://chrislaurie.smugmug.com/2020/2020-Pinball-Issues/n-gFJJZ8/i-v3DjQZf/A

Any ideas on how to resolve that?

#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Thank you for the advice. I took the rails off and the first two screws, but I can't get at the third at the back of the glider at anything but a steep angle with a standard screwdriver.
That being said, I was able to completely get the glider itself out by taking the bottom screw off and examining things. It looks like I was able to get the screw tight enough, and the core issue is actually that the cylinder the glider sits on now has "wiggle room." I wonder if it got hit hard enough by the ball when it was loose and slightly tipped to make the slot it goes in a touch bigger. Regardless of how tight I make that bottom screw, I think the glider is still going to now drop down in the back. Here's a video demonstrating that movement manually:
https://chrislaurie.smugmug.com/2020/2020-Pinball-Issues/n-gFJJZ8/i-v3DjQZf/A
Any ideas on how to resolve that?

There are only 3 screws on the gilder holding it down and easy to get to, one is on the ramp plastic right beside the glider itself (pop bumper post) and then two on the "wings" of the mech. Should not be any screws that are "steep angled".

Yea that is similar to what mine is doing, you may send stern a email with that video and see what they say.

2cf0cb3927aa6ad967447265784b32c873ff47e1 (resized).jpg2cf0cb3927aa6ad967447265784b32c873ff47e1 (resized).jpg
#5398 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

There are only 3 screws on the gilder holding it down and easy to get to, one is on the ramp plastic right beside the glider itself (pop bumper post) and then two on the "wings" of the mech. Should not be any screws that are "steep angled".
Yea that is similar to what mine is doing, you may send stern a email with that video and see what they say.[quoted image]

Ah, thanks for the picture/insight. I was mistakenly attempting to remove the three screws directly under the glider itself (what's in the very bottom of your image.)

I'll reach out to stern with that video. Fingers crossed.

#5399 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Ah, thanks for the picture/insight. I was mistakenly attempting to remove the three screws directly under the glider itself (what's in the very bottom of your image.)
I'll reach out to stern with that video. Fingers crossed.

Stern asked me to have my supplier submit an 'advance warranty replacement.' Hopefully that resolves it. Until then, I did as suggested and unplugged the glider. I have to say, not being able to divert the ball has a real affect on how much I enjoy the game. Turns out I would indeed miss that on a pro!

#5400 3 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Stern asked me to have my supplier submit an 'advance warranty replacement.' Hopefully that resolves it. Until then, I did as suggested and unplugged the glider. I have to say, not being able to divert the ball has a real affect on how much I enjoy the game. Turns out I would indeed miss that on a pro!

Great news, im gonna be pissed if I have to warranty two in less than 3 months

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-eustache, QC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Midland, MI
There are 11,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.