(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 119 votes
    21%

(570 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5969 (resized).jpeg
turtles (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240316_051625591 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240316_034508453 (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
20240308_213544 (resized).jpg
20240308_211320 (resized).jpg
20240308_211805 (resized).jpg
20240215_093714 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1EB20A79-521C-4BEB-AAA6-F2E7D64EE9D1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 240.
#5301 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Reporting a new glitch with code 1.4 and 1.41 on my Pro. When starting Final Battle mode, Shredder and Krang voice lines are missing. In phase 2 Shredder also seems missing but sometimes that happened on older code so not sure if this part is new too. Thanks.

I'm seeing this glitch as well, though only with the opening lines. Shredder was heard at start of phase 2. But, no dialogue during the start of final battle.

#5302 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Left outlane complaints are overblown. Yes it's a bit of a mean game, but not at all unfair. I'd have to check my audits, but the left does not stand out to me as being much worse than right or center.

I expected the audit to reveal a heavy bias to the left outlane, but that's not the case. I do believe all the straight down the middle drains during multiballs skews the numbers enough to hide the left outlane impact. The amount of multidrains during multiballs are like no other pin I've ever played. There's just not much empty playfield space for an 8 ball multiball. Damn near impossible to get a clean shot during multiball. It is forcing me to try and slow things down and try to cradle 2 balls and shot with the third. That's my best chance to score during multiballs. Otherwise, if I try to keep all my balls alive I end up flailing to keep them alive and don't make any shots. This game is forcing me to alter my methods and I'll be a better player for it.

#5303 3 years ago

Checked my audits. With 208 plays im at 200 left drains, 391 center, and 90 right drains. I dont feel its to left drain heavy while playing but its definitely riskier then the right and anytime it gets close to coming straight down on top of sling rubber i nudge hard to get ball out of that area as fast as possible.

#5304 3 years ago

duplicate...Merry Christmas!

#5305 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Where can I find Raphael's Sai? That is amazing.

It is on Ebay for $129 Free shipping in U.S. Thank you.

ebay.com link: TMNT Stern Pinball Mod RAPHAEL SAI Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Chrome Metal NEW

20201223_102309 (resized).jpg20201223_102309 (resized).jpg
#5306 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Where can I find Raphael's Sai? That is amazing.

Amazon has 2 metal 15 inch Sai's(looks to be the same ones) for 19.99. Free shipping with prime. Then buy a pair of Red shoe laces to wrap the handle with. So be a fairly cheap mod if you dyi.

#5307 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Amazon has 2 metal 15 inch Sai's(looks to be the same ones) for 19.99. Free shipping with prime. Then buy a pair of Red shoe laces to wrap the handle with. So be a fairly cheap mod if you dyi.

I see lots of them buy none have the extra handle that he uses to attach it to the ramp?

#5308 3 years ago
Quoted from Buckethandletear:

I ended up removing the screw and it no longer sticks but now no screw there... I’m not sure if I can find a screw that will go in more flush... but for sure I cannot tighten it anymore than it is.
Not sure there will be “harm done” if it isn’t there either. I wonder if I increase pitch a bit if the angle will prevent it from sticking there in those instances... but I do question it as an impact point for the balls causing premature wear.
I’m no pinball expert though!

Weird, the plexi/acrylic must not be counter sunk enough. Can you take a close up pic with the screw in?

Could be as easy as opening that hole up a bit with a dremel. You can also reach out to the place you got it from and see if they can get you a new glider assembly

#5309 3 years ago
Quoted from Buckethandletear:

I ended up removing the screw and it no longer sticks but now no screw there... I’m not sure if I can find a screw that will go in more flush... but for sure I cannot tighten it anymore than it is.
Not sure there will be “harm done” if it isn’t there either. I wonder if I increase pitch a bit if the angle will prevent it from sticking there in those instances... but I do question it as an impact point for the balls causing premature wear.
I’m no pinball expert though!

If it's a pan head screw, just get a wafer head 6-32 x 1/2" screw. That will give you about 1/8" to 1/16" more clearance.

#5310 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I see lots of them buy none have the extra handle that he uses to attach it to the ramp?

I ordered a pair,I need only one,I will give the other away when they come!

#5311 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Reporting a new glitch with code 1.4 and 1.41 on my Pro. When starting Final Battle mode, Shredder and Krang voice lines are missing

I can confirm this on my LE with code 1.41. Happened to me in a regular co-op game.

#5312 3 years ago

Thinking what many people are missing with TMNT layout is: it is a left centric design. More drains to the left are a natural physics law of a left centric table. Left/right outlanes should not be balanced. Balanced only if the layout is a fan center setup like most machines. John has given us something very unique and different, with a left centric design.

If the left outlane was closed any further, ball times would become quite long, if nudging is implemented to avoid center drains.

While training to dampen left outlane frustration, put a cupboard stop (credit @noquarters) on the left outlane rail and 2 silicon rings on the star post. Makes the game very family friendly and puts smiles on everyone’s faces as they complete more objectives, while learning how to shoot a left centric table. (Take them off if you’re having a tournament, lol.)
91790899-23F8-4498-B7F3-EE59B2B5A206 (resized).jpeg91790899-23F8-4498-B7F3-EE59B2B5A206 (resized).jpeg

#5313 3 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

I'm seeing this glitch as well, though only with the opening lines. Shredder was heard at start of phase 2. But, no dialogue during the start of final battle.

Also, after Final Battle, the last mode you played is already completed. (This one isnt new, but might as well get fixed.)

#5314 3 years ago

Is this game holding up well in collections? I found a nice pro that I’m looking at but am debating between this and Star Wars premium. Also, how’s the pro vs premium?

#5315 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Is this game holding up well in collections? I found a nice pro that I’m looking at but am debating between this and Star Wars premium. Also, how’s the pro vs premium?

We’re very happy with our pro. Don’t feel the need for the diverter. The game is awesome. Treat yourself!

#5316 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'd put TMNT over Star Wars, unless you're a big star wars nut. Prem is nice if you can swing it, but Pro is good enough on this title.

#5317 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Also, after Final Battle, the last mode you played is already completed. (This one isnt new, but might as well get fixed.)

Yeah this morning it happened doing Final Battle Challenge from start menu and then again tonight when we actually got to Final Battle in one player. All of the phase 1 voice lines missing and some in phase 2. I am sure Xaqery will address next time around!

#5318 3 years ago

Just checked my audits. At least on my machine, the left drain is not an issue, in fact it is the lowest draining percentage. I am at 72 left drains, 182 center, and 85 right drains. My game shows 147 total plays and 590 lifetime. I'm not sure how far back the "total" goes, as I am sure I have not played 147 games since the last code update (today), or even the one before (yesterday). I bought it about a month ago at about 450 plays, and updated the code then, so there must be a code age "threshold" on what is counted in "total". And I am guessing the drains only go back as far as "total" does, as lifetime should show way more drains. At either rate, at least for my machine, center drains are by a large margin the most popular way to lose a ball.

#5319 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

We’re very happy with our pro. Don’t feel the need for the diverter.

And I haven't heard one person say "I couldn't live without the pizza disc spinning the other direction as well".

#5320 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

And I haven't heard one person say "I couldn't live without the pizza disc spinning the other direction as well".

I have the premium and it’s really nice able to control the Diverter and able to set up what ever shot you want to combo or finish a mode very nice touch, left ramp nonstop all day feels good

#5321 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I have the premium and it’s really nice able to control the Diverter and able to set up what ever shot you want to combo or finish a mode very nice touch, left ramp nonstop all day feels good

I’ve definitely thought that could come in handy on more than a few games I’ve had so far. Not $2000 handy though.

#5322 3 years ago

What’s everyone’s quickest time in half shell so far ??? Took a lot of tries ! But finally got under 100 !!

EE0888D9-D9BB-406C-A4ED-C1FAEF32A61E (resized).jpegEE0888D9-D9BB-406C-A4ED-C1FAEF32A61E (resized).jpeg
#5323 3 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone.

35905ABD-C390-43A3-A667-FFDBB4CE6855 (resized).jpeg35905ABD-C390-43A3-A667-FFDBB4CE6855 (resized).jpeg
#5324 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

What’s everyone’s quickest time in half shell so far ??? Took a lot of tries ! But finally got under 100 !!
[quoted image]

Damn that's pretty good. I'm at around 180 but I have only put a few games into it. My dad was just saying that there ought to be a training mode where you can try for a shot multiple times in a pinball machine with an infinite ball saver. Looks like we have that now!

#5325 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

[quoted image]

That is amazing! Our family record is 119...played dozens of times already, so great!

#5326 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Real players don’t need a stink’in diverter !

#5327 3 years ago

Anyone noticing the new code not registering your turtle selection until the ball is in play? What is suppose to lock this in if you use the plunger to plunge, rather than the action button? I cant tell if this is a bug or if its a switch issue somewhere.

#5328 3 years ago

I picked up a TMNT Pro a few months ago reluctantly in a trade since I had no interest at all in the theme. It has quickly become one of my favorite games due to the awesome layout and really fun rules. When the time comes to make room for my next machine it is safe - my family would rather get rid of JP Prem.

Thanks Xaqery for continuing to improve an already impressive rule set.

#5329 3 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Anyone noticing the new code not registering your turtle selection until the ball is in play? What is suppose to lock this in if you use the plunger to plunge, rather than the action button? I cant tell if this is a bug or if its a switch issue somewhere.

Sounds like switch 14 isn't working reliably. Put it in switch test mode and try rolling a ball over it (it's the switch at about the halfway point in the shooter lane).

#5330 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Well thank you for taking a dump on me, have a merry Christmas I will go and enjoy my turtles now..

#5331 3 years ago

Any one else think this could be one of the most diverse coded pins ever? Coop, half shell challenge, final battle plus just the great game to play?

I loved this pin before but just so much more being added. Awesome job

#5332 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Agreed, plus the turtle van lock is great. It will always be debated. I have friends who had the pro but agree the premium/le is the way to go with the diverter and lock but others say pro is best. Of course if I owned a pro I’d probably say that one is great.

Bottom line, all models are awesome. I’m happy I did an le because it’s a keeper but pro I’m sure would of been great too.

Way way way better than Star Wars IMO. If Star Wars we would of slightly liked it would of been a keeper from the theme alone

#5333 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Both pro and premium are great but I enjoy the diverter for setting up the left ramp shots as well. A shame that Jack's the price 2k but for some of us it's worth it.

#5334 3 years ago

My TMNT Pro occasionally just freezes up randomly in the middle of a game. Anyone seeing this issue? Solution?

#5335 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

My TMNT Pro occasionally just freezes up randomly in the middle of a game. Anyone seeing this issue? Solution?

New SD card. Most-likely culprit since Stern uses the crappiest cheap SD cards they can get to fill that slot.

Any decent class 10 should do it. Sandisk, probably but DO NOT buy it from Amazon or Ebay since they have a ton of fakes.

I stocked up on these when they were on sale for $9.99 at BF:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-extreme-plus-32gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3990822.p?skuId=3990822

#5336 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

New SD card. Most-likely culprit since Stern uses the crappiest cheap SD cards they can get to fill that slot.
Any decent class 10 should do it. Sandisk, probably but DO NOT buy it from Amazon or Ebay since they have a ton of fakes.
I stocked up on these when they were on sale for $9.99 at BF:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-extreme-plus-32gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3990822.p?skuId=3990822

Just plug it in, or have to load up some software onto it first?

#5337 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Make a new image on it. Instructions here:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf

Images of each game's software you use to create the SD card are here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#5338 3 years ago

I’m a new premium owner and I see in the back box there’s a black wire which is part of several wires routed together into the main board. It’s near the top. My concern is that it looks like a lot of tension is pulling this black wire vertically up. It looks like it’s intentional for strain relief from hanging the weight of the cable pulling on the connection to the main board. Can anyone confirm that this is normal or should there be some slack in it?

#5339 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

A few of us have experienced this. Every 100 games or so I'd say and always during Turtle Power MB. Haven't tried new SD card as it hasn't been too muc of an issue and figure it's a code update fix thing.

#5340 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I owned a Star Wars LE for quite a while and I'll tell you this, TMNT absolutely blows it away in almost every regard. It's that good of a game. We've put on a ton of plays in the last few days and it's so good.

It's easily Dwight's best coding since GoT, and one of Borgs best layouts since TWD (my opinion).

Even if you're a Star Wars fan, I just don't see it being very comparable to TMNT. Both are great in their own ways, but if I had to choose just one, TMNT hands down

I only have one complaint with the pin though. And that's the Lair/training shot. Almost impossible to hit with the right flipper, backhanding isnt much fun, because you can't do it during a multiball and it's a Super Jackpot. It's just too much risk for little reward. But that's my only gripe..I feel it could have been improved on in some way. But that's nothing compared to how great the overall game is though.

Another thing is this truly is one of the few games you get totally immersed in the theme. The sounds, fast action, music, etc feels like the pinball version of the old school TMNT arcade games. It's crazy really. They just really nailed this one.

#5341 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I owned a Star Wars LE for quite a while and I'll tell you this, TMNT absolutely blows it away in almost every regard. It's that good of a game. We've put on a ton of plays in the last few days and it's so good.
It's easily Dwight's best coding since GoT, and one of Borgs best layouts since TWD (my opinion).
Even if you're a Star Wars fan, I just don't see it being very comparable to TMNT. Both are great in their own ways, but if I had to choose just one, TMNT hands down
I only have one complaint with the pin though. And that's the Lair/training shot. Almost impossible to hit with the right flipper, backhanding isnt much fun, because you can't do it during a multiball and it's a Super Jackpot. It's just too much risk for little reward. But that's my only gripe..I feel it could have been improved on in some way. But that's nothing compared to how great the overall game is though.

Agree on all fronts! Regarding Lair shot...Lair is totally hittable from right flipper...you have to release the left flipper when the ball is just about there to lock it in the Lair. I actually hit it more often from right flipper now as do my boys.

#5342 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Agree on all fronts! Regarding Lair shot...Lair is totally hittable from right flipper...you have to release the left flipper when the ball is just about there to lock it in the Lair. I actually hit it more often from right flipper now as do my boys.

Interesting! I'll give that a try for sure.

#5343 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

That's what I do as well. I have a much easier time with this than backhanding it.

#5344 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting! I'll give that a try for sure.

Agree. One day I just practiced Leo all day and was just constantly going for the lair shot. I eventually got it down and it is one of my favorite shots. Practice the timing of releasing the upper flipper when the ball gets up there and that shot will become an easy one to hit.

#5345 3 years ago

Just hit a 0.00 on Donatello half shell challenge (did real bad on the rest tho,ha) ! I think I combo the 3 shots,but still shouldn’t be zero time ? Maybe a bug

367826FF-BB63-4A3C-B9CD-BC974765DC98 (resized).jpeg367826FF-BB63-4A3C-B9CD-BC974765DC98 (resized).jpeg
#5346 3 years ago

Finally got some time on a Pro model. There's some notable differences and some less than notable ones. The Pro can plunge into the pops for a skill shot and some easy multipliers. The Premium cannot do this. I got as high as 11X on one of the first games with Turtle Power Multiball, and the highest I've had on how many ever games I've played of Premium was 5X.

The diverter does absolutely change how you're able to play the game. I love the diverter and being able to pick your flipper. The Glider 'mode' is a cool little addition but it's difficult to score any meaningful points with. I wish the Pro had anything instead of that chunk of exposed and completely unadorned metal for the stopper on the ramps.

I missed the toy Krang hopping up and down while he was taunting you. I like the mech more than I thought. Purely visual and more theme integration so the value of that changes a lot by person

The two way spinning disc does change things but ultimately it's whatever as a feature. The Premium when loading up for multiball stops partway and spins the other way, and then does it again. If this was more random it'd probably be a bit cooler. Sometimes only spinning right, or left, sometimes changing directions.

I like the turtle van lock a lot. I missed it. It's got this 'oh man here comes all the Turtles' vibe that plunging one after another doesn't give you. More immersive to the theme, I think.

In the end they're both fun games which I think are quite a bit more fun if the theme is doing anything for you. If you can spring for the Premium I'd do it, but don't let it make you pass on a Pro.

#5347 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like switch 14 isn't working reliably. Put it in switch test mode and try rolling a ball over it (it's the switch at about the halfway point in the shooter lane).

Hey! Turns out I loaded the wrong damn file. I had pro code running apparently. Not used to downloading a few codes at a time.
Ill keep an eye on things! Thanks!

#5348 3 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Hey! Turns out I loaded the wrong damn file. I had pro code running apparently. Not used to downloading a few codes at a time.
Ill keep an eye on things! Thanks!

Very common mistake. I have ZERO idea why Stern's OS doesn't check for the right kind of update file before installing it. It's not hard to implement a system to do that. 5-6 years into Spike and they still haven't done it.

#5349 3 years ago

Putting in my turtle mods today. Any suggestion for the pink Mezel radioactive container placement on a Pro?

#5350 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just got my Tilt Graphics art blades installed. I’m a little torn on these. I like the concept and subtlety but kind of wonder if I should have gone with the Stern ones. I love their action button plate though!
I also mounted my original Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady. Need to get a Krang at some point. Never had him when I was a kid. My turtles and Splinter are on top of the back box.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Got my Krang (a great Christmas present from my wife and daughter!), so did a little rearranging and put him in. Love it!

0E5FF16B-262A-4F10-B9E4-AF2654DC931B (resized).jpeg0E5FF16B-262A-4F10-B9E4-AF2654DC931B (resized).jpeg16F50423-E74C-48EA-A5FB-836044E6B682 (resized).jpeg16F50423-E74C-48EA-A5FB-836044E6B682 (resized).jpeg75882964-2252-4F9E-9ADB-A4ABBBF3C4E2 (resized).jpeg75882964-2252-4F9E-9ADB-A4ABBBF3C4E2 (resized).jpegC6B8C29F-376A-4D32-8FB0-D8707B8C7318 (resized).jpegC6B8C29F-376A-4D32-8FB0-D8707B8C7318 (resized).jpegD3001AB6-9351-4577-BF5A-200D64AD2163 (resized).jpegD3001AB6-9351-4577-BF5A-200D64AD2163 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/107?hl=rikeisland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.