(Topic ID: 271489)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Club(Stern 2020): Cowabunga! It’s Pizza Time!

By Tuxedomask23

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,044 posts
  • 828 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Afty86
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which model are you going to purchase”

• Pro 285 votes
    50%
  • Premium 166 votes
    29%
  • LE 120 votes
    21%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_084026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image.png
PXL_20240413_183258513.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3648 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124621 (resized).jpg
SystemJPinball.ca_1_TMNT-MenuCard-PremLE-Mean1.1_example-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 241.
#4951 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks! Congrats to you as well. I have tried to convince myself to sell SW with the promise of a comic version "someday", but I haven't been able to talk myself into it yet. Mine just plays so damn good after (very) much tweaking. I've defeated the Emperor quite a few times now so there's really nothing left to do, but I can't quite say I'm done with it yet. Another great, underrated game.

Ours played great, too. Everything comes back to the flippers instantaneously and predictably. It keeps you on your toes, like an F-14 running at 2x speed. I don't even care if I have a bad game when I get to listen to stuff like "Into the garbage chute, fly boy!"

We really just ran out of space, and with a lineup full of our favorite games, [i]something[/i] had to go! Maybe next time we'll get a Premium.

#4952 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Since pinball is not a video game with an ending and the premise of pinball is all about mastering the machine and scoring, are we really ever done with a table? It is like saying I’ll never play that golf course again, since I reached the eighteenth hole. Lol Think pinball is a sport not a video game with an ending we reach and never play again.

I think there are games you can play have a few games and quite comfortably never ever play again. Eg street fighter and thunderbirds... there are games you tire of and feel done with and there are those that keep you coming back for more. Tmnt just absolutely punished me this morning and I could do nothing right. Had quite a few games under a M...

#4953 3 years ago

be great to get some sort of info on replacement playfields, I haven't heard anything from stern or distributer about it. rip

#4954 3 years ago

The playfield art is the main reason I haven't bought a NIB. At least with used you can inspect the art firsthand.

#4955 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

The playfield art is the main reason I haven't bought a NIB. At least with used you can inspect the art firsthand.

Same. I wonder if they have more of these badly printed playfields in stock for the next run or if they are getting new ones....

#4956 3 years ago

Is anyone having this problem with the left flipper sticking causing the flipper not to come back to the normal position, only after hitting the left flipper button does it fix itself. Also the left flipper button is not hung up pushed in and the flipper is not rubbing on the playfield. Just curious is there a quick fix or is this a call to Stern for the problem? I just got a new glider diverter sent back to me and I calibrated it in the menu settings and it is working fine. Thanks for any help in advance. See the two short videos below.

#4957 3 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

Is anyone having this problem with the left flipper sticking causing the flipper not to come back to the normal position, only after hitting the left flipper button does it fix itself. Also the left flipper button is not hung up pushed in and the flipper is not rubbing on the playfield. Just curious is there a quick fix or is this a call to Stern for the problem? I just got a new glider diverter sent back to me and I calibrated it in the menu settings and it is working fine. Thanks for any help in advance. See the two short videos below.

have you checked the coil stops?

like in this video if found on youtube:

#4958 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

have you checked the coil stops?
like in this video if found on youtube:

Also, and even easier, make sure the flipper bat is not tightened down tight against the playfield bushing. There should be a slight up-down "slop". I've seen quite a few games shipped with them too tight. If you can't move it up and down (perpendicular to the playfield, not rotating), just loosen the bat, give it about a credit card worth of clearance from the pf bushing, and tighten it back down.

If that's not it, it's most likely the coil stops.

#4959 3 years ago

Found a few old friends. I have just enough ceiling height for the turtles to be toppers. Might add a couple enemies to the playfield but only if it doesn’t get too cluttered.

Also turned my van. Big improvement!

16FE339E-F2E3-4C7A-B5D1-E7F938B4E633 (resized).jpeg16FE339E-F2E3-4C7A-B5D1-E7F938B4E633 (resized).jpegF31E7ECD-AF53-4EDF-BCC1-7B6BFAA500EF (resized).jpegF31E7ECD-AF53-4EDF-BCC1-7B6BFAA500EF (resized).jpeg
#4960 3 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

Just received my nib tmnt pro , and game isnt working properly. Game freezes after shooting ball lock under van. Do i need to remove the van to fix this? Haven’t played more than 2 games without it freezing on me.

Have you updated code? Sounds like an issue to discuss with distributor. I had 3-4 freezes, all during Turtle Power MB, but that is within hundreds of plays.

#4961 3 years ago

Hi all,

It seems we are a lot of people to have an issue with the ball lock in the pro version. When we put the balls behind the van to begin a mission, the ball is not detected.

The Opto dont detect balls anymore... No problem of the Cn12 on the node board 8...

Misaligned opto ? No...

Someone has resolved this issue?

Thanks.

#4962 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
It seems we are a lot of people to have an issue with the ball lock in the pro version. When we put the balls behind the van to begin a mission, the ball is not detected.
The Opto dont detect balls anymore... No problem of the Cn12 on the node board 8...
Misaligned opto ? No...
Thanks.

Did you check balls for magnetism with a paper clip?

Did you check to see if the optos are incorrectly mounted too close together?

#4963 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check balls for magnetism with a paper clip?
Did you check to see if the optos are incorrectly mounted too close together?

Yes but why magnetized ball wont be detected by the opto ?

#4964 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Yes but why magnetized ball wont be detected by the opto ?

Because maybe it's sticking to some metal or another ball and not seating properly to break the opto beam.

#4965 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Because maybe it's sticking to some metal or another ball and not seating properly to break the opto beam.

i had magnatized balls in the game, when i had 2 or 3 balls behind the van, they got stuck sometimes. They stick together and the time of the post to release them getting down was too short get the stickings balls over it. So the balls were just right on the post when it came up and pushed the ball back up again.
After this it tried some more times to release the ball but was never able to.
after changing the balls everything was ok for me. You could check the optos with a switch test also. An maybe with glass off you could check what happens when balls get behind the van. i hope you get it resolved.

#4966 3 years ago

What brand of balls do people recommend?

#4967 3 years ago

I received my gorgeous TMNT Pro yesterday! It's a November 06, 2020 build and the playfield looks good. The only issue I got 'out of the box' is the loud grindy noise from the pizza spinner. Other than that, I'm really happy!

Cheers!

PXL_20201123_202721049_2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201123_202721049_2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201123_203608368 (resized).jpgPXL_20201123_203608368 (resized).jpg
#4968 3 years ago

Joined the Club! First machine for me and I couldn't be more excited. Ended up finding a Pro showroom model at local distributor. Hadn't played the game prior to purchase but felt confident it was what I wanted from the abundant info available on Pinside. Appreciate everyone's contributions here! After a few days of playing, I'm super happy with my purchase.

TMNT (resized).jpgTMNT (resized).jpg

#4969 3 years ago
Quoted from Bou-Da:

I received my gorgeous TMNT Pro yesterday! It's a November 06, 2020 build and the playfield looks good. The only issue I got 'out of the box' is the loud grindy noise from the pizza spinner. Other than that, I'm really happy!
Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cheers to you, mine did that for about 2-3days of play. After a while it stopped making noise. I remember in Jack Dangers first streams he had the same complaint.

#4970 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

What brand of balls do people recommend?

Titan pinball.

#4971 3 years ago

I'll be finally joining the club later this week!

Does anyone have pictures of the Stern Side Armor and/or Shooter Rod installed? Considering these for my new machine...

#4972 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Have you updated code? Sounds like an issue to discuss with distributor. I had 3-4 freezes, all during Turtle Power MB, but that is within hundreds of plays.

I took out the sensor that detects the ball lock that has the infrared and aligned the two boards properly. That fixed my issues. However, the coil above the van that stops the ball from orbiting occasionally sticks. I’m having my distributor send me a new coil and bracket.

#4973 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
Misaligned opto ? No...
Thanks.

Sorry, i dont know the correct terminology. I took out the clip that held the two circuit boards under the ball lock and aligned them so they faced each other straighter. That fixed my issue. No more ball lock issues or game freezes.

#4974 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I'll be finally joining the club later this week!
Does anyone have pictures of the Stern Side Armor and/or Shooter Rod installed? Considering these for my new machine...

Congrats!! I'm picking mine up on Saturday.

#4975 3 years ago

I'm not noticing the loud grinding noise that others have been hearing on the pizza disc, but I have been noticing that sound coming from the disc on my TRON. is some kind of lubricant recommended for regular maintenance? thx

#4976 3 years ago

I’ve been noticing that the Stern TMNT shooter rod has been trickling out on many pinball retail sites. Prices have ranged with a low of $89.99 with quite a few having listed at $139.99, highest at $150! Shop around if looking to snag one. I ordered mine and paid $89.99-

848B0D7C-6479-4C66-9D5E-CCF79D9B6F27 (resized).jpeg848B0D7C-6479-4C66-9D5E-CCF79D9B6F27 (resized).jpeg
#4977 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Stern TMNT shooter rod

for anyone still having the short-plunge problem with the new shooter rod - i just replaced the outer rod spring with the one that was on the original plunger. It doesn't work 100% but now it does have a fighting chance of getting up and around the ramp.

#4978 3 years ago

Joined the club today

31E4E8BC-04CA-43D0-9795-B0D26805B163 (resized).jpeg31E4E8BC-04CA-43D0-9795-B0D26805B163 (resized).jpegAFB47F6F-274B-486E-AC4B-60D5BBC45668 (resized).jpegAFB47F6F-274B-486E-AC4B-60D5BBC45668 (resized).jpeg
#4979 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Joined the club today

I see what you did 19'd there.

#4980 3 years ago

Posted this in another thread but didn’t get any replies.

Just got the topper. I noticed a weird glitch with it. Each turtle on the topper will light up as you toggle between them during Turtle Select. Mine has a weird bug when toggling to Leo in-game will light up Michelangelo on the topper, and toggling Michelangelo will light Leo. Both Raph and Don are appropriately lit during turtle select.

Anyone else encountering this issue? I’m running Code 1.21 which may be the problem, but wanted to run it by you guys first in case someone else is running into this. Hard letting go of 1.21 because Delt’s music mod is just too good.

#4981 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Just got the topper. I noticed a weird glitch with it. Each turtle on the topper will light up as you toggle between them during Turtle Select. Mine has a weird bug when toggling to Leo in-game will light up Michelangelo on the topper, and toggling Michelangelo will light Leo. Both Raph and Don are appropriately lit during turtle select.
Anyone else encountering this issue? I’m running Code 1.21 which may be the problem, but wanted to run it by you guys first in case someone else is running into this. Hard letting go of 1.21 because Delt’s music mod is just too good.

Probably a topper bug question best left to Xaqery to answer.

#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from acons017:

Sounds like your topper was wired incorrectly. If I paid $1000+ for a piece of plastic with four LEDs that didn't function absolutely perfectly in every single way, I'd return it immediately and get a replacement.

#4983 3 years ago

Just happened twice today.....at the start of Pizza Multiball the 3 balls magnetize to the spinning pizza but a fourth does not eject into the trough and auto plunge. My guess it may be a switch or sensor that needs adjusted. Anyone know where to start? Thanks.

#4984 3 years ago
Quoted from goofy1994:

Just happened twice today.....at the start of Pizza Multiball the 3 balls magnetize to the spinning pizza but a fourth does not eject into the trough and auto plunge. My guess it may be a switch or sensor that needs adjusted. Anyone know where to start? Thanks.

Empty the trough. Go into switch mode, let balls drain one at a time and see if the switches in the trough all are activating.

#4985 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Empty the trough. Go into switch mode, let balls drain one at a time and see if the switches in the trough all are activating.

What exactly do I need to select in switch mode?

Thanks in advance.

#4986 3 years ago
Quoted from goofy1994:

What exactly do I need to select in switch mode?
Thanks in advance.

Diagnostics->Switches then the first option, which like switch edges or something...

#4987 3 years ago
Quoted from goofy1994:

Pizza Multiball isn't always a 4 ball multiball. It starts at 3 balls, and then adds one for every gummy bear topping you bring into it. Double check whether you have gummy bears before worrying about this.

#4988 3 years ago

I'm excited! I've ordered my very first pin - NIB TMNT Premium which has already begun the shipping process. Here's to joining the fun, and learning to fix it the first something isn't right - which I hope isn't right away!

#4989 3 years ago

I also ordered a TMNT Premium but my distro told me I wont be untill February....I really hope before that.

#4990 3 years ago

Happy Turkey day for these Turtles!

20201125_153714 (resized).jpg20201125_153714 (resized).jpg
#4991 3 years ago

Just put a silent power supply in the turtles. The machine is in the living room and did make a lot of noise, but now it's silent. It does make so much difference when you have in the living area.
Either the fan from Pin Monk or a complete redone powersupply from pu-parts both are very good.

#4992 3 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving shell heads.

FD07AC8F-C732-4EF9-9C2A-9FC55965C6E7 (resized).jpegFD07AC8F-C732-4EF9-9C2A-9FC55965C6E7 (resized).jpeg
#4993 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

I'm not noticing the loud grinding noise that others have been hearing on the pizza disc, but I have been noticing that sound coming from the disc on my TRON. is some kind of lubricant recommended for regular maintenance? thx

I ended up disassembling the disk assembly and putting some light grease on the gears. Problem solved.

#4994 3 years ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

Sounds like your topper was wired incorrectly. If I paid $1000+ for a piece of plastic with four LEDs that didn't function absolutely perfectly in every single way, I'd return it immediately and get a replacement.

I would have to agree with you. This is really disappointing...

#4995 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Just put a silent power supply in the turtles. The machine is in the living room and did make a lot of noise, but now it's silent. It does make so much difference when you have in the living area.
Either the fan from Pin Monk or a complete redone powersupply from pu-parts both are very good.

Wow, that's weird. I didn't realize PU-parts was just pre-modding RSP-500-48 power supplies and selling the whole thing as a drop-in replacement. That's a very expensive way around a very easy fan replacement. at 7x the cost.

#4996 3 years ago
Quoted from BrotherSir:

Pizza Multiball isn't always a 4 ball multiball. It starts at 3 balls, and then adds one for every gummy bear topping you bring into it. Double check whether you have gummy bears before worrying about this.

Thank you for pointing this out, appreciated.

#4997 3 years ago

Did a little PinGulp customizing today .

6719A238-AD58-439E-88DC-B243F7E2FD85 (resized).jpeg6719A238-AD58-439E-88DC-B243F7E2FD85 (resized).jpeg
#4998 3 years ago

Picked my turtles parts up from my powder coater yesterday! I went with illusion green ice. This is going to look sick!

PXL_20201126_220425747.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201126_220425747.MP (resized).jpg

#4999 3 years ago
Quoted from goofy1994:

Did a little PinGulp customizing today .
[quoted image]

Looks great! How did you make this? With a vinyl cutter?

#5000 3 years ago

I must say that with the latest code release, and adding a plate over the center ramp to make sure it always registers, this game has become addicting. I just reached final battle for the first time and I can have games last just as long as my Jurassic Park. Being able to backhand both ramps is really nice, and knock on wood this Pro model has been a rock mechanically. I wish the modes had the same immersion as Jurassic Park but the balance of speed and difficult shots still gives that satisfying feeling when you get jackpots and beat modes.

E58062C0-208E-4778-92E4-DF0A4FA9FECA (resized).jpegE58062C0-208E-4778-92E4-DF0A4FA9FECA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

10,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 12,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time/page/100?hl=rikeisland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.