(Topic ID: 126447)

Teenage mutant ninja turtles club ....foot clan not welcome .

By Monarca1091

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by SpyroFTW
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7665 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7663 (resized).jpeg
20240215_161533 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_9681 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0176 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago

I have an issue with the DMD. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn't. This was a very rare issue but seems to be occurying a lot lately. When it comes on now, you can get through a couple of games and then the display starts freezing or showing wierd numbers. This made me think its the ribbon cable. So when I unplug power and ribbon and not sure which one corrects it but it comes back. Sometimes neither will correct it.

Does this mean the DMD is bad or do I have some bad pins.

3 weeks later
#52 3 years ago

Guys,

I love this new key chain fob from Marco. I had to add this while shopping for new ramp decals. I saw red, blue and orange colors too.

20200514_182438 (resized).jpg20200514_182438 (resized).jpg
#53 3 years ago

only 4 ramps left guys...

5 months later
#54 3 years ago

Can someone please confirm the actual size of the back glass for me please? Mine is currently in storage

3 weeks later
#55 3 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

I have an issue with the DMD. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn't. This was a very rare issue but seems to be occurying a lot lately. When it comes on now, you can get through a couple of games and then the display starts freezing or showing wierd numbers. This made me think its the ribbon cable. So when I unplug power and ribbon and not sure which one corrects it but it comes back. Sometimes neither will correct it.
Does this mean the DMD is bad or do I have some bad pins.

Did you ever determine the cause?

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipWilson:

Did you ever determine the cause?

No not really. I think its a bad ribbon cable from what i can tell. If i barely push in the ribbon cable it will come on, and will only respond when you hit a target. The score when nothing is occurring will not be there, if you push it in a bit further then all data will work fine until you turn it off. When you turn it back on you have to go through the same process to get it working again.

I took the DMD out and visually inspected it and it looks fine to me which leads me to a bad ribbon cable. I just have not ordered one yet to confirm that is the issue. I need to order a new coil for my t2 from pinball life, i will probably add the ribbon cable to the order just to see.

Are you having this same issue?

1 year later
#57 2 years ago

Finally joining this club

Wanted one for ages and one came up for a good price. Will post pics along the way when I add mods

received_1066060454178668 (resized).jpegreceived_1066060454178668 (resized).jpegreceived_1214992842245166 (resized).jpegreceived_1214992842245166 (resized).jpegreceived_193316372959495 (resized).jpegreceived_193316372959495 (resized).jpegreceived_264892492229019 (resized).jpegreceived_264892492229019 (resized).jpegreceived_3273575189536688 (resized).jpegreceived_3273575189536688 (resized).jpegreceived_410054534147310 (resized).jpegreceived_410054534147310 (resized).jpegreceived_627545104917071 (resized).jpegreceived_627545104917071 (resized).jpegreceived_891952578125170 (resized).jpegreceived_891952578125170 (resized).jpegreceived_923447321885757 (resized).jpegreceived_923447321885757 (resized).jpeg
#58 2 years ago

The right ramp had some damage so made up some protectors. Looks much better now.

20211202_205347 (resized).jpg20211202_205347 (resized).jpg20211202_205626 (resized).jpg20211202_205626 (resized).jpg20211202_205645 (resized).jpg20211202_205645 (resized).jpg20211202_205649 (resized).jpg20211202_205649 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#59 2 years ago

I have damaged this part can anyone help with the below part?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 months later
#60 2 years ago

Hey all, I'm a new member to the site and a proud owner of this pin.

Looking forward to reading through some restoration threads and learning a few things. I just got a new ramp to replace my old damaged one from Ramp-o-Matic. Any tips I should know before I begin the disassembly process?

1 week later
#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

Hey all, I'm a new member to the site and a proud owner of this pin.
Looking forward to reading through some restoration threads and learning a few things. I just got a new ramp to replace my old damaged one from Ramp-o-Matic. Any tips I should know before I begin the disassembly process?

Do you have a link to where you got the ramp from?

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Do you have a link to where you got the ramp from?

I went with the clear option to keep the original look. But I was tempted to try the green...

https://rampomatic.com/products/data-east-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ramp

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

I went with the clear option to keep the original look. But I was tempted to try the green...
https://rampomatic.com/products/data-east-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ramp

Very nice, i love the green and orange but im thinking clear too.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Very nice, i love the green and orange but im thinking clear too.

Macropinball offers the ramp decals, but the Green/Yellow lanes aren't in stock right now.

Gonna wait to find those before I tear it down. It works fine in the meantime

#65 2 years ago

Welcome i also have a new ramp still need to fit it lol

#66 2 years ago

Ok, I finally got a manual for this thing, and the first half of it all seems to check out, but when I get into the wiring schematics things get weird...

It looks like the schematics for "Checkpoint" not "TMNT". What caught my eye was drop targets that spell C-A-R-R-E-R-A (TMNT doesn't even have drop targets). Then I started looking at the rest and everything is wrong. Am I taking crazy pills? Has anyone else noticed this? lol

The manual looks and feels like an original print. But I went searching for a pdf online to compare to and sure enough, this one on archive.org has the same errors... https://archive.org/details/Data_East_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_Manual/page/n55/mode/2up

#67 2 years ago

Ah wow never noticed that error

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Ah wow never noticed that error

The game came out in '91. Surely I'm not the first to notice this huge error in the manual?

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

The game came out in '91. Surely I'm not the first to notice this huge error in the manual?

Welcome to Data East manuals and schematics. Full of errors and rarely updated from one game to the next! This is pretty common throughout the early 90s era of DE.

#70 2 years ago

A few years ago I restored a TMNT which had a lot of issues both on the playfield and in the backbox. I wrote up a basic log of all the repairs but forgot about it until recently. I just went through and updated it with descriptions of all of the issues, their fixes, and other interesting things I found along the way. Perhaps some of the club will find it useful. You can read it here: https://www.afpinball.com/restorations/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

A few years ago I restored a TMNT which had a lot of issues both on the playfield and in the backbox. I wrote up a basic log of all the repairs but forgot about it until recently. I just went through and updated it with descriptions of all of the issues, their fixes, and other interesting things I found along the way. Perhaps some of the club will find it useful. You can read it here: https://www.afpinball.com/restorations/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.

Ah, that's yours? Nice job, I've got that page saved already. Lol

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

Ah, that's yours? Nice job, I've got that page saved already. Lol

Glad you found it useful! I've just updated a heap of it, so it is probably quite different from when you last read it!

2 weeks later
#73 1 year ago
Quoted from arolden:

Thanks for this helped me a lot as im rebuilding my TMNT at the moment.

1 week later
#74 1 year ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Thanks for this helped me a lot as im rebuilding my TMNT at the moment.

Good luck with the rebuild! You wouldn't happen to know where to find the Green and Yellow ramp decals, would ya?

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

Good luck with the rebuild! You wouldn't happen to know where to find the Green and Yellow ramp decals, would ya?

I got mine from here but out of stock

https://www.google.com/search?q=%23820-5069-00&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2 weeks later
#76 1 year ago

For anyone needing the Yellow and Green ramp decals, they just came back in stock on Macro Specialties website

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-5069-00

3 weeks later
#77 1 year ago

Hello everyone. I’m looking for a replacement playfield, overlay or hard top for my newly acquired TMNT.
So I just picked one up from an estate sale, only from pics purchased online. Just got it, and the playfield is rougher than I thought it would be. Boots up and works but needs a lot of work.
Also looking for plastics. Found the set online on Marco‘a website, but thought I’d try here first.
Thanks everyone

3BD39BB2-7CC4-43D7-8858-5291F9C58CC6 (resized).jpeg3BD39BB2-7CC4-43D7-8858-5291F9C58CC6 (resized).jpegE5C2DDB3-1847-4F74-90E9-644BE4C53D58 (resized).jpegE5C2DDB3-1847-4F74-90E9-644BE4C53D58 (resized).jpeg
#78 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Hello everyone. I’m looking for a replacement playfield, overlay or hard top for my newly acquired TMNT.
So I just picked one up from an estate sale, only from pics purchased online. Just got it, and the playfield is rougher than I thought it would be. Boots up and works but needs a lot of work.
Also looking for plastics. Found the set online on Marco‘a website, but thought I’d try here first.
Thanks everyone [quoted image][quoted image]

Playfield is rough, even through the glass you can tell. I wish somebody would redo this playfield. It’s such a great piece of art,

If somebody will get me a scan, I will go over it in illustrator and produce a workable piece of art somebody can put on the play field

#79 1 year ago
3 weeks later
#80 1 year ago

Some of the reproduction toppers have 50k and 100k below the turtles’ heads, but the topper on my TMNT doesn’t. Which is the correct topper?

1 month later
#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Thanks everyone [quoted image][quoted image]

The only person i know that is doing an overlay is in Australia

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

The only person i know that is doing an overlay is in Australia

Wow. That thing is nice, is that an overlay and is he selling them?

2 weeks later
#83 1 year ago

I just ordered the kit from retrocity. Really looking forward to this.

Anyone else already have one up and running?

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

I just ordered the kit from retrocity. Really looking forward to this.
Anyone else already have one up and running?

Nice i would love it but cant justify the costs

2 weeks later
#85 1 year ago

Just got my RetroCity kit installed and it's awesome. Super simple to swap out the old speaker panel and light panel (did the whole operation while I was on a conference call for work, lol). Honestly, I couldn't be happier with it! Definitely improves the look and feel of the game. Andrew (Skylersz on AussieArcade) did a phenomenal job on this project.

I'll upload a video when I get a chance to record one.

Added 18 months ago:

#86 1 year ago

Has anyone replaced the yellow and green ramp switches? (180-5080-00)

If so, what switch did you use? I can't find this specific number anywhere

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

Just got my RetroCity kit installed and it's awesome. Super simple to swap out the old speaker panel and light panel (did the whole operation while I was on a conference call for work, lol). Honestly, I couldn't be happier with it! Definitely improves the look and feel of the game. Andrew (Skylersz on AussieArcade) did a phenomenal job on this project.
I'll upload a video when I get a chance to record one.

Added 2 days ago:

WOW looks awesome

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

Has anyone replaced the yellow and green ramp switches? (180-5080-00)
If so, what switch did you use? I can't find this specific number anywhere

I believe the part number is 500-5335-00

https://pinball-parts.shop/kategoriesuche/spielfeldteile/mikroschalter/29712/mikroschalter

#89 1 year ago

That looks correct, but that site doesn't seem to offer shipping to the US. Lol

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

That looks correct, but that site doesn't seem to offer shipping to the US. Lol

email them he didnt offer shipping to Australia but i emailed him and he made changes so i could purchase

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

email them he didnt offer shipping to Australia but i emailed him and he made changes so i could purchase

I found these that should work. I'll just have to swap the actuator blades over from the old switch bodies.

https://actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=MICROSWITCH

1 week later
#92 1 year ago

My TMNT is caught it a reset loop. Dmd indicates slam tilt, the machine resets.

It began happening mid game. I turned the machine off and back on, it barely makes it past the boot screen, then shows slam tilt and resets.

I'll post a vid later, but I think it's the GI Relay on the PSB that keeps tripping.

Anyone seen this before?

#93 1 year ago

Alright, I definitely suspect the hack job on the PSB as my culprit here. I've got a new board, but I need to see how exactly CN8 needs to be wired.

Anyone want to take a couple good shots of their correctly wired PSB and post them? Many thanks

Also, looks like I'll need a 9 pin molex connector. What's the best place to get connectors and a crimper?

#94 1 year ago

Pulled the PSB and she definitely looks a bit toasty to me. Over 30 years of use and abuse on it though. It had a good run.

My connector kit and crimper should be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting the new board installed. Not 100% sure yet if it will fix the reset issue I'm having, but this was something that definitely needed to be addressed.

20221104_102746 (resized).jpg20221104_102746 (resized).jpg20221104_102805 (resized).jpg20221104_102805 (resized).jpg

***Quick Edit***

I installed the board with everything hooked up except CN8 (which is only GI) and it starts and plays perfectly. Now back to trying to get my pin2dmd screen working in my T2 pin. lol

#95 1 year ago

Just fix that board and you will back on the road again. Do a full rebuilt like mine you be good another 30 years again. But most people like the easy fix. If fixing boards yourself is not your thing there are people that can do that for you.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Just fix that board and you will back on the road again. Do a full rebuilt like mine you be good another 30 years again. But most people like the easy fix. If fixing boards yourself is not your thing there are people that can do that for you.

I've never done a rebuild. I haven't scraped the old one yet, might hold on to it and give it a try sometime.

2 months later
#97 1 year ago

I have an extra DE TMNT manual if anyone needs...PM me.

3 weeks later
#98 1 year ago

The sewer

I have replaced every part that opens the sewer but every now and then it will take two goes for the ball to eject from the sewer. Is this common?

#99 1 year ago

Anyone know how to purchase the TMNT retrocity kit? I went to retrocity pinball but it shows the DMD which is sold out. It dosent say anything about a kit with the bezel and everything. It's posted in a few posts above but I'm just trying to clarify the options.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

Anyone know how to purchase the TMNT retrocity kit? I went to retrocity pinball but it shows the DMD which is sold out. It dosent say anything about a kit with the bezel and everything. It's posted in a few posts above but I'm just trying to clarify the options.

Hi i just spoke with him he said email him on the site. He has the full kits in stock

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 27.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-club-foot-clan-not-welcome/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.