Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Turbo74
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

19116200-F57A-4D74-A14B-C678B23DEDBD (resized).jpeg
D96121FC-863F-40CB-BFD3-27F309FFBE65 (resized).jpeg
C7E608AB-C9AF-42BA-BEEB-132B52F6B432 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 months ago

I have a nonworking Teed off coming to me tonight and hoping I can get a little direction before it gets here on where to go? When it’s powered on it just makes a long beep and nothing except GI lights on. The PO sent me the following pics of a bent-legged chip and pin connector, would these cause that issue and is that connector even saveable at this point? Any advice I can get would be appreciated!!
C7E608AB-C9AF-42BA-BEEB-132B52F6B432 (resized).jpegD96121FC-863F-40CB-BFD3-27F309FFBE65 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 months ago

Nope.. that is your sound board. There is a small board in the middle, take the top connector off and check the voltage on those pins, they should be at 5 volts.

#3 5 months ago
Quoted from Turbo74:

The PO sent me the following pics of a bent-legged chip and pin connector

That is just a ribbon cable. Bend the legs back straight using needle-nosed pliers.

Post a picture of the MPU board, bottom right board. Also test the voltage of the battery, should be about 3 volts. Anything less than 2 volts, the game will not boot for sure. I just hope the battery did not leak on U6.

#4 5 months ago

Similar symptom from my SF2, along with dmd garbage.

That was a leaked battery.
Replaced and cleaned up

Also replaced U6 as battery leakage was near it and also replaced U11 as I read that could cause booting or garbage issues.

All 3 things fixed it but unsure which exactly.

#5 5 months ago

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_3

Section 5.7 talks about the battery, u6, U11 and NVRAM to get rid of the battery.

#6 5 months ago

Got it home, put in a new battery and what it does is light up, I get playfield lights and a solid beep followed by a few seconds and 4 loud fast beeps and then nothing. Dmd is blank, that’s as far is it goes. All 3 board’s leds are flashing. Is that normal? I noticed that the 3 prong plug is missing the 3rd prong but has the top two, could that affect anything?

#7 5 months ago

The battery looks too small for the holder but it’s a 2032?

19116200-F57A-4D74-A14B-C678B23DEDBD (resized).jpeg
#8 5 months ago

UPDATE:

If I give it credits it will start a game. Sound came on, followed by 4 beeps, followed by sound, 4 more beeps and then no sound, zero video but all holes kick out, gopher wheel spins, left flipper works, right upper works and lower barely moves. Lights will go dark periodically and it will kick a couple coils and then lights come back on. It’s possessed? All fuses seem fine? I’m stumped

#9 5 months ago

Time to test and report the voltages on the DMD connector.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_3#Power_Issues

#10 5 months ago

You have a couple of separate issues going on. One is the DMD itself, the other sounds like your machine is almost in some sort of reboot cycle which can be caused by low 5 volt. What are your voltages on that small connector I mentioned in my earlier post? Stable 5 volt is critical or all bets are off on everything else.

#11 5 months ago

Thanks for the help guys! We are getting much closer. We had no 110v to the display, fuse holder was bad. Installed a new one and we have dmd working now! Unfortunately when it boots up it says “Street Fighter II”.... so we looked and yup, there’s a SF2 display rom in there. I’m guessing it’s an entire display board from an SF2? My question is can I just swap the rom and it will be fine or do I also need to swap UG-8 that goes with it?

#12 5 months ago
Quoted from Turbo74:

Thanks for the help guys! We are getting much closer. We had no 110v to the display, fuse holder was bad. Installed a new one and we have dmd working now! Unfortunately when it boots up it says “Street Fighter II”.... so we looked and yup, there’s a SF2 display rom in there. I’m guessing it’s an entire display board from an SF2? My question is can I just swap the rom and it will be fine or do I also need to swap UG-8 that goes with it?

U8 isn't game specific.. just a rom swap.

#13 5 months ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

U8 isn't game specific.. just a rom swap.

Should it act super weird with the SF2 rom in there? I get the sounds and such but the display has zero video at all, just the score and such. I’m sure because it’s attempting to decipher SF2 code?

#14 5 months ago
Quoted from Turbo74:

Should it act super weird with the SF2 rom in there? I get the sounds and such but the display has zero video at all, just the score and such. I’m sure because it’s attempting to decipher SF2 code?

I can imagine odd behavior like you are describing if the display is expecting code and the mismatched rom isn't sending it.

#15 5 months ago

She’s all fixed up! New rom burned and it’s 100% now. Thank you guys and please refer to my new bad cars thread on my next pinball problem if you can help . Just got it today

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dubois, PA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 5.00
Hardware
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 219.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside