Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tomtest
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

The roulette wheel on my Gottlieb Tee'd Off doesn't recognize the ball falling into the holes sometimes, I've removed the entire unit and check the switch contacts for adequate pressure and there are no broken wires, I'm still not clear on how the membrane unit works, is it the pressure from the ball that initiates the contact and if so, does the membrane unit go bad?
I know this roulette wheel is on other games also.

#2 1 year ago

Not sure how close Millionaire is to Tee'd Off.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the info, they are basically the same unit, I'm going to remove the membrane wheel and inspect the foil traces and contacts in between, great info, appreciate it.

#4 1 year ago

My Tee'd Off has the same issue, so this will be good to know when I go to fix it.

#5 1 year ago

Problem fixed and this should work for any Gottlieb machine with a roulette wheel and probably Williams also. Lift the playfield back as far as it will go and prop in place, unplug the two roulette wheel connectors, one is the motor and the other is the connector for the electronics, there are (4) screws holding the entire unit to the back of the playfield, remove them and the unit comes off. remove the set screw that holds the wheel to the motor shaft, remove the wheel, in my case their were spots of dirt on all the membranes where the ball lands, use denatured alcohol to clean the top of the wheel, clean the ball also with it. Go ahead and clean the playfield window and chrome on the wheel while you're at it. After cleaning the membrane flip it over and inspect the circular inner and outer foil traces, clean them with the alcohol, the traces are where the 8-10 contacts ride and hopefully the traces aren't broken or worn thru, if they are you can rebuild with foil(that's what TNT did) but it would be a PITA to do, you can buy the membrane unit, NOS, at PBR, part # 29871 for $88 and that should work with all the Gottlieb machines, not sure about Williams. Support the contacts and very lightly clean with emory cloth or extremely fine burnisher or maybe just get by with the alcohol cleaning, they are quite visible so can be inspected in detail. Don't forget to put the damn ball back in before mounting unit, albeit good mechanical practice. I think the machine would have to of been played a ton in order for the traces to be bad. Let us know how you make out, if the foil is ok the entire process is under an hour.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!