You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

detail (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2021-06-04 155717 (resized).png
IMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

I'm looking for help to fix an issue I'm having with the red ramp on my Tee'd Off machine. You can see the ramp in the center of the picture here.

A successful shot through the red ramp is supposed to, at times, award the player by crediting the player with "Lite Tee" or credit the player one of the holes listed under the ramp - 2, 4, or 8. For some reason on this machine it does not do that.

I'm trying to figure out where the sensor is located that controls the function I'm talking about and how to fix that sensor.

I'm a rookie at this stuff and appreciate any and all advice. Please ask questions if my description was unclear. Thanks!

IMG_4411 (resized).jpegIMG_4411 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

Gottlieb uses optical sensors on their ramps, it looks like it's mounted in the middle at the back. You can check in the switch test menu if that switch is working by putting something on the ramp to break the light beam. Check under the playfield to see if any connections have come loose. The Gottlieb optos are notorious for being flaky when they get old, if it isn't working try reflowing the solder.

Here's some more info on the opto's: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-optos

Screenshot 2021-06-04 155717 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-06-04 155717 (resized).png

There will be a board that looks like this on either side of the ramp.
detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tee-d-off-ramp-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.